sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 11-09-2012, 05:33 AM

i figured since we have so much left, might as well use them for something

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 11-09-2012, 05:39 AM

i thought about making deviled eggs yesterday when i boiled eggs, but i got lazy and just ate the whites lol

Emasaurus
FOR SCIENCE

Old 11-09-2012, 05:40 AM

I completely agree, Sushi! <3
We could have a Good Eats marathon

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 11-09-2012, 05:44 AM

@ linnea
boiled eggs with salt and pepper is really good. i love eating them just like that too c:

@ emasaurus
we can drool over his face, knowledge, and i guess the food

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 11-09-2012, 05:50 AM

no salt or pepper, totally plain lol love em!

if we had some mustard and other things i'd make some deviled eggs but instead i think i'm gonna go buy stuff for pumpkin whoopie pies!

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 11-09-2012, 06:03 AM

ouu, have fun with those!
im off to bed; its terribly late where i am

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 11-09-2012, 06:04 AM

yea it's late here too but i am stalling >.>

sleep well!

Arechi
Yeah, how does it feel to get a ...

Old 11-09-2012, 03:02 PM

Yay for more yummies. XD

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 11-09-2012, 05:48 PM

Um, what is this?
Image:
With Username
Name of creation:Whatchu lookin at?!
Notes: A delicious taco salad that seems to be watching you..

Would you like a drink?
Image:
Overhead shot
Name of creation: Vampire's Delight
Notes: Vampire's.. ahh, the life of the party... or in some cases, the death. Not that I would know..
Anyway, milk, vanilla extract, vanilla icecream and strawberry syrup made this a delicious smoothie.~

Cloudwalker
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-09-2012, 05:57 PM

Ooh, vampire strawberry smoothie looks good right now. And I love those tomato eyebrows XD

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 11-09-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emasaurus View Post

SPOILERX

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
by Emasaurus
  • 2 sticks butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 3 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • SPICE THIS BABY UP. I used cinnamon, ginger, clove, & nutmeg. Start at 1 teaspoon each, you can add more later if it doesn't make the taste test.
  • 1 12oz bag of miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips

Alright, man. Preheat that oven to 350 degrees (Fahrenheit. No I don't know about high altitude cooking. What do I look like, a wizard?) Line a few of your finest cookie sheets with parchment paper, or simply give a quick spritz of nonstick spray.
Beat the softened butter till smooth. Usually around 3 minutes. Next, beat in your sugars one at a time, stopping to scrape sides & ensuring they are well incorporated. The mixture will be light & fluffy. Next, beat in eggs one at a time. Following this, beat in that vanilla ("oh noes I accidentally spilled some extra in", you say? S'cool. Just don't go overboard.), and then the all important pumpkin puree.
Sift together all dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, and spices)(some people also like to mix in chips here so they don't sink to the bottom. I have no issues with this in this particular cookie, since the batter is thick and can support the chips with ease). Mix the dry ingredients into your wet (that hot mess of pumpkin stuff, yo) in parts. At least three, if not four. Don't go dumping all this in at once, and then wonder what went wrong. The batter will be thick and a beautiful speckled orange. Taste test here to make sure 'dem spices are to your likin'! When the batter is sufficiently spiced, stir in those chips. Yep. The whole bag. Go on. Do it. You know you want to
Take the batter and drop by spoonfull (very loose term. Make them cookie sized. You like big cookies? Sure, make big cookies. Just adjust the baking time by a few minutes so everything gets cooked.) onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow to rest about 2 minutes after you take them out before you try to take them off the sheet! These cookies are soft, so without this they will likely break. If you want to do that with the first few and claim it was an "accident" & then eat it...that's all you.
***SUPER AWESOME BONUS SECRET***
Smoosh half a marshmallow onto the top of the cookies you know you'll eat that day. It makes an amazing little pool of crispy, chewy marshmallw-y goodness! Be warned, though. The marshmallow is not that great the day after.
i'm saving this to my bookmarks :0 sound delicious

---------- Post added 11-09-2012 at 01:22 PM ----------

Do we have room for dessert?
Image: meow

Name of creation: Ghostly Globs of Flan/Pale as a Ghost Flan
Notes: it was the first time i steamed the flan (i usually bake) and they took longer than the recipe said it would? whatever, they were delicious.
i made them without the caramel sauce because then it wouldn't be "as pale as a ghost"! :D
i used the recipe from the manga "kitchen princess" muaahahah

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 11-10-2012, 03:16 AM

I WILL EATS ALL THA FOODS!

*turns to pack man*

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 11-10-2012, 03:19 AM

i've never had flan... how interesting!

sushi_mew
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 11-10-2012, 03:33 AM

it was creamier and more smooth when i steamed it compared to when i baked it last time :)
also the recipe i used had way less sugar in it so it was good for the teeth hehe

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 11-10-2012, 03:33 AM

is it like a custardy texture?

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 11-10-2012, 04:56 AM

So many delicious things in this thread.

Cloudwalker
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-10-2012, 05:07 AM

sushi_mew-- I have been really wanting to try making flan for about two weeks now. I just need to get to the store for custard dishes, I have nothing to bake them in. When looking them up I had seen that most people complain they are sickening sweet. Is that easily corrected with just reducing the sugar without it messing up the recipe?

Emasaurus
FOR SCIENCE

Old 11-10-2012, 05:14 AM

Sushi: I love it when people like my recipes. c:
Do try the marshmallow bit with a few of them!

Cloudwalker
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-10-2012, 05:22 AM

Emasaurus- I think everyone is in love with your cookies ^_^ I can't wait until I have time to make them.

Arinia Dreamdancer
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-10-2012, 10:02 AM

After being handed eight cans of pumpkin and having a lot of pumpkin left over after carving I figured I should learn some new recipes so it didn't all go to waste You guys get to see my results.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Would you like a drink?
Image:
With my username
Name of creation: Pumpkin Banana Smoothie
Notes: This is a pretty tasty and really easy recipe. It just calls for a cup of chilled canned pumpkin, one and a half cups of milk, a teaspoon each of vanilla and cinnamon , a banana and sugar to taste (I used three teaspoons for anyone that is curious), then you chuck it all in a blender and blend until smooth.
You could also easily replace the banana with something else for a different flavored treat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Um, what is this?
Image:
Close up One
Close up Two
Name of creation: Pumpkin Crescent Rolls
Notes: I got the recipe here, but I used fresh cooked pumpkin mashed up not canned and I used regular butter not honey butter so it wouldn't be sweet They turned out amazing, I made full sized ones and mini ones just for fun too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we have room for dessert?
Image:
Another set of close ups (1)
Another set of close ups (2)
Name of creation: Pumpkin peanut butter loaf
Notes:
This recipe was pretty good. You taste more peanut butter then pumpkin though.

RecipeX

ingredients:

3 1/4 c. flour, sifted

2 tsp baking soda

2 tsp salt

1 3/4 c. canned pumpkin pie filling

1/2 c. vegetable oil

1 c. Peanut butter

3 c. sugar

4 eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

2/3 c. water, room temperature

Preheat your oven to 350 F. Spray two 9 inch loaf pans with non-stick spray. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add pumpkin filling, oil and peanut butter, and mix. Then add the sugars, and mix. Next add the eggs and vanilla and water and mix until everything is combined.
Pour into the loaf pans and bake for around 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Cool completely before slicing.

Cloudwalker
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-10-2012, 10:27 AM

Arinia- yummy, yummy and more yummy ^_^
Dang, the smoothie sounds good right now but I don't have a working blender *cries*
You just had to tease me with more good food ideas.

Arinia Dreamdancer
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-10-2012, 10:32 AM

Sorry Cloudwalker, I probably shouldn't be saying this, but the smoothies were actually the best of the three recipes I tried. I plan on making them again really soon.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 11-10-2012, 01:28 PM

Mmm, delicious foodstuffs.

-tummy rumbles- >.<

Emasaurus
FOR SCIENCE

Old 11-10-2012, 01:48 PM

All of the entries are so fabulous!

Cloudwalker
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-10-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinia Dreamdancer View Post
Sorry Cloudwalker, I probably shouldn't be saying this, but the smoothies were actually the best of the three recipes I tried. I plan on making them again really soon.
Now I'm really going to cry
*puts blender on christmas list*