zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-04-2010, 09:12 PM

I'm around. I kinda bailed for a bit because there didn't seem to be anyone here. ^^;

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 11-04-2010, 09:15 PM

Aww...well...I'm here for another few minutes. XD

Edit: Actually...I'm gone now...hopefully I'll be on later though. Hopefully we'll get out at 7:30 like we have been doing instead of 8:30 (it's currently 5:20 and class begins at 6)

And yea...I have to drive to campus, park, then walk all the way over to the building my class is in to the third floor. XD Wait...I think it is the 4th floor...*looks it up*...yea, it's on the fourth floor. XD

Last edited by TerrenaAnimula; 11-04-2010 at 09:22 PM..

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-04-2010, 09:29 PM

Eeep, I'm sorry, I went for a quick shopping spree and got distracted. My bad. T_ T

I guess you're already gone though, good luck with your class then. TTFN.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 11-05-2010, 12:16 AM

I'm back!

Aren't libraries supposed to be a place you go to avoid distractions?!

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 11-05-2010, 12:24 AM

I get distracted in libraries! I will either see someone I know, or get distracted by a book that I'm not looking for! HA! LOL

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 11-05-2010, 12:34 AM

That's exactly what happens to me. I go to the campus library for studying, and I always get lost in the browsing room! :gonk:

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-05-2010, 12:34 AM

I used to go to the library to work but people would never pay attention to the rules and I would get distracted by that. ^^;

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 11-05-2010, 12:38 AM

It's pretty quiet to be honest, it's just that I'm a huge bookworm! Thus, libraries are a huge distraction for me...

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-05-2010, 12:40 AM

I usually sit in sections with really boring books so I don't get distracted. There were rules that you weren't allowed to work in groups on the 3rd floor, except in the designated rooms, because it was a quiet floor. But everyone would do it anyway and it would make me mad because I can't concentrate with noise. T_ T Oh yeah, and you weren't supposed to use your cell phone on that floor either and people would do that too. >.<

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 11-05-2010, 12:49 AM

When do people follow the rules in a library?

I've only been to our campus library once and that was to watch a film for a class. XD

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-05-2010, 01:00 AM

WTF... The live updates really messed up there. Looks like you posted that like 10 minutes ago but I didn't get it at all. T_ T

We had to go occasionally for like library tutorials on how to use their online databases and find books and crap. It got tiring by the time senior year rolled around and you'd been through the same tutorials like every year. T_ T

I got a little cubby to myself in my last two semesters. Only I had the key and I could go lock myself in until my work was done. It's a good way to make yourself sit and do your work without outside distractions (apart from the noises that I already mentioned). It helped me get through more than one term paper.

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 11-05-2010, 01:10 AM

That's cool, Zig! I want to be able to lock myself in my own room to do work...I can't even lock my own bedroom! The doors to rooms in the apartment don't have locks. They have keyholes, yes, but no keys.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-05-2010, 01:14 AM

Yeah, they were called "Carrels" at my library. They were like little metal cubicles with a desk, light, and rolling chair. It didn't cost anything to rent it for the semester unless you didn't turn the key in, then you started getting fined like a dollar per day. O. o

My room in the apartment I stayed in didn't have a lock either. T_ T And there was an air vent in the wall between my room mates room and mine so we could hear anything that went on in each others' room. I hated it. >.<

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 11-05-2010, 01:16 AM

That's awesome...but at least it was initiative to turn in the key! XD

Oh my...that is horrible. I wouldn't have been able to stand that either.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-05-2010, 01:19 AM

Yeah, I turned mine in on time so I didn't have to worry about it but I know of some people who had like $50 fines for books because they never took them back on time. And then complained that it was the library's fault for not sending them an email reminder or something. Like... Hello! That's why the stamp the back of the books. T_ T

She was my friend but then turned into a pot smoking bitch. It was hell living with her and I completely regretted my decision to not stay on campus where my boyfriend was living. The reason I left campus was because I kept getting assigned awful room mates and couldn't stand the thought of getting another one. So I roomed with this friend who turned out to be the worst of the lot. T_ T

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 11-05-2010, 01:24 AM

O wow. Yea...I've never known a library to contact you when book is due, when it is severely overdue, yes...and stamps? All the libraries here now print out receipts. XD It makes it more useful because I'll use it as a bookmark and that way I can't forget to return it. :D

Wow. At least you had a good reason for changes of room mates and getting off campus. My cousin changed room mates because she didn't want a room mate who drank some on the weekends. :/ That was the only reason she changed because she was good friends with the girl and they got along great.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 11-05-2010, 01:29 AM

I wish my campus library had little cubbies like that. It'd help me work on my papers rather than exercise a crapload of self-restraint to keep from losing myself in books! XD

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-05-2010, 01:32 AM

I can't remember, they might have been print outs or stamps, I really can't remember anymore. Either way there is no excuse. You can check online when they're due and renew them without even leaving you room. It's pathetic that someone could have wracked up so many charges (*cough* my room mate *cough cough*).

My first semester I lived in the freshmen dorm. Everyone there was underage and you could get kicked out for drinking when you lived there but that didn't stop my room mate from getting smashed the first night and coming back, puking in the garbage that didn't have a bag in it and didn't bother to clean it up, ever. A week later I did it because I knew she wasn't ever going to. That was the end of any possible friendship with her, along with her refusal to use headphones and having friends sleep over without asking me beforehand. T_ T

My next room mate was a Chinese girl who was nice enough except for her first statement being that she didn't want to talk unless it was necessary.

And the last one I lived with on campus was the worst. I won't even start with her because it just won't end. Suffice it to say she came back puking at 6:00 in the morning and didn't see anything wrong with that. And then she rearranged her furniture completely so she wouldn't ever have to look at me because apparently she was mad that I had a problem with her drinking habits when we lived on a substance free floor. I chose that floor for a reason. >.>

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 11-05-2010 at 01:35 AM..

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 11-05-2010, 01:34 AM

Now that is just rude!
And this was their freshmen year at college. But this is a party school...for the most part.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-05-2010, 01:37 AM

Oops, I edited in one more paragraph at the end after you responded. T_ T

It just seemed to get worse every year. I'm glad to be done with it. I just get mad because I paid for my schooling myself and wanted to get the most out of it that I could. Other people have mommy and daddy pay for all it so they just don't appreciate it at all and waste their time going out to get smashed every night.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 11-05-2010 at 01:40 AM..

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 11-05-2010, 01:43 AM

Does substance free floor mean you cannot have it in your system as well as not having it on that floor?

And I completely understand that.

My financial aid pays for it...or at least it did. I still get it...I didn't get to to the Virginia Tag because I missed the deadline since I didn't know if I was accepted into the school yet. But that pays for it, I pay for some now, and my grandparents (my dad's parents). My dad doesn't put didly squat to it other than the $10 he used to put in my bank account he made me when I was a baby...I don't even think he does that anymore because I don't see the money in that account really accumulate at all. And my grandparents forbade me to get student loans. So those are out of the question. And my mom can't afford to help pay. She pays for everything else so we have a place to live.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-05-2010, 01:50 AM

It means you're not allowed to be seen drinking or smoking and it's not allowed to be on that floor. There are 9 floors in that building, she seriously could have lived on any one of those.

I got a lot of scholarships and stuff but other than that I had to get student loans. I'm like...15,000ish dollars in debt? Not as bad as some because the scholarship helped out a ton. That's nice of your grandparents to help out like that. My mom is on comp because she got hurt at work so now I'm paying for her groceries and stuff because she's only getting like $200 every other week. T_ T

Sorry for my slow responses. I serouly keep refreshing the page like every 2 minutes but when I do there's nothing there and then like 10 minutes later I get a response that you posted much earlier than that. T_ T

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 11-05-2010, 01:54 AM

Okay. Yea. She could have lived on another floor.

I couldn't do any scholarships. For one, there are many for the adult degree program (ADP is cheaper than the women's residency and since I'm at the perfect age of 21 I could actually do either program). And second, the ones that are, the majority you have to be there for at least a year or be recommended.

That's okay. I've noticed that some too...but for me it isn't as long as that. And mene is kinda slow and laggy tonight.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 11-05-2010, 01:58 AM

Oh, I got most of my scholarships from my high school. I actually won more than the valedictorian even though I was third in my class. There were ones for people going into language or being in sports or this or that. And then I got one from my school that paid $2,200 per year as long as I maintained a certain GPA.

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 11-05-2010 at 02:01 AM..

TerrenaAnimula
a little earth soul
Penpal

Old 11-05-2010, 02:02 AM

I didn't get any in high school. Even if I did, I probably would have used them up at the community college I was going to. But at least I won't have to spend a whole lot since I'm a junior and basically have most of the stuff I need done. The only thing I am working on is my major and a few other classes I need for the common curriculum.