Viveka
:3

Old 01-13-2017, 09:51 PM

Hi everyone!

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted on Menewsha ... Mainly because I started a new job at the beginning of November, and it quickly consumed ALL of my time. I have an hour's commute each way (if I'm lucky and there's no traffic) and between that and cooking dinner and trying to keep the house relatively clean, I'm lucky to have any downtime at all.

SO.

Life is not going very well right now but I'm going to try to come up with a positive twist to each unfortunate situation, because that may help me feel better

I have been feeling nauseous all week. No fever but constant nausea, indigestion, and reflux. My weekends are usually super busy with errands and chores so I decided to stay home sick today, although I felt really guilty about it, and hope I don't get chewed out by my supervisor on Monday. (I doubt it, since he's amazingly nice and there HAS been a stomach flu going around the lab.)

I took sleeping pills and have been asleep most of today. Fortunately, my stomach seems to be doing a little better! I guess taking the day off was a good decision after all.

My fiance is on the verge of losing his job. He's been cranky and stressed out, and so have I. I was taught from a very early age by my father to always worry about money, so even though we have a little bit saved up, it's hard not to feel like we're about to become homeless.

On the plus side, if he loses his job we may have to move back to the Southwest, which sounds great to me! I hate the cold, snow, and ice Besides, I'll be close to my old friends from high school- and closer to my family, too, if that happens.

In any case, even if he does manage to keep his job, he's looking for a better job now, and will quit once he finds a new one. He really isn't happy in this position so maybe getting fired is for the best. I just hate that his supervisor seems to have it out for him, like he's trying to find excuses to fire him. How can people like that sleep at night? We're young and poor and scared.

Life goes on, though. And all this will be over soon, one way or the other.

Viveka

Old 01-25-2017, 11:26 PM

Ugh, so since my last post my fiance has been doing better at work. That's really good, and I'm glad I can afford food again without feeling guilty.

On the other hand, I got into a car accident today. I was driving on a side road and the other driver, who was approaching from the opposite direction, hit a patch of ice and swerved out of control. Every time I close my eyes I can see it happening over and over again. I pulled as far over to the side of the road as I could, but when I realized I couldn't get out of the way, I just slammed on the brakes.

His car was fine - just a dent in the front bumper. I'm fine. My face and legs are bruised from the airbags but it's better than the broken nose/teeth I'd surely have if I hit the steering wheel instead. I have no health insurance, so I'm lucky I wasn't injured. Our car got pretty beat up in the collision. It's in the shop right now. I miss my baby :(

My supervisor told me to take off as much time as I needed from work, so I went home after we got everything cleared up with the insurance/tow service/rental car. I'm going back to work tomorrow, though. Work has been slow this week, but I'll hopefully be able to start a new project tomorrow.

I have really bad cramps (:x) so tonight I'm just going to rest, drink water, and play video games. My fiance has been so sweet and supportive this week, even though I was in a lot of pain yesterday, and even though I wrecked his car today :(

Viveka

Old 01-27-2017, 05:45 PM

I stayed home from work today because yesterday I started having what I think are symptoms of concussion (a bad headache, nausea, and dizziness.) It was a struggle getting home. I've been asleep all day so far, but I'm going to try to do some light housework later.

I wish I didn't have to miss work, but I suppose my health is more important than any job. :(

Viveka

Old 02-03-2017, 02:08 AM

Yesterday marked a week since the car accident. I've been feeling better and my bruises have healed. Today I managed to work an 8.5 hour day ... Awesome :)

My fiance has been talking my ears off about video games and it's shredding my nerves, so I guess I'll go to sleep soon.

Viveka

Old 05-10-2017, 01:55 PM

UGH so many things have happened since the last time I posted here.

On Valentine's Day, my fiance lost his job.

He found a new job, but it was across the country. We arrived in our new state only three weeks ago ...! It feels like so much longer!

I started applying for jobs on Monday. Yesterday, someone contacted me to set up a phone interview for THIS MORNING, in an hour and a half! I am FREAKING OUT! I hope I get the job - it would be record timing if I did. But I hate phone interviews. I have had many with recruiters, but only one with an actual employer before. And I failed it MISERABLY. I started having a panic attack halfway through and couldn't breathe. Hopefully this one will go better.

And if not - it's practice for the next one :)

Viveka

Old 09-03-2017, 11:06 PM

On July 31, I started my new job! It's my first "real" job (not a student job or a contract position) and I hope I can keep working with this company for a long time to come :D Everyone seems really pleased with my work so far. My goal is to become a group leader a few years down the line - hopefully before I turn 30 - or when the current group leader gets promoted. Fingers crossed!!

I also feel really accomplished in other areas of my life as well! I'm taking an online course (not for credit) about cell biology, and I've actually managed to get half of it done so far.

I have also been volunteering at the local hospital, and I just hit 40 hours of volunteer service. Yay, me. I'm working in the gift shop, and I figure it will be good experience in case I ever end up working retail. My fiance is worried that I won't be able to sustain the energy needed to hold down a full-time job and work a 5-hour volunteer shift on the weekends, but we will see.

Finally, I just donated my 4th unit of blood through the Red Cross today. I'm sure that makes about 10 units of blood donated overall, since I didn't track my donations in college. I'm a bit of a blood-donation fanatic. I think it's a very important thing to do, and I'm really sad that more people don't donate when it's so easy and takes such little time. :<

Viveka

Old 09-10-2017, 02:39 AM

Today is my fiance's and my 7th anniversary :)

Viveka

Old 12-05-2017, 03:37 AM

So this won’t be a happy post ... basically I’m struggling a lot with depression and anxiety, and even little things make me emotional. I know I haven’t made any friends here in the year or so I’ve been around, so I don’t expect anyone to care ... I just feel so desperately alone. If anyone does happen to read this, I could really use some positive thoughts or prayers sent my way.

Viveka

Old 12-16-2017, 01:05 AM

I'm back! :D Haven't yet worked up the courage to post anywhere else again. Isn't anxiety funny?

But I'm trying to be more positive. So many people still care about me, even if the person I want to care about me doesn't ... does that make sense? I don't know.

I had dinner with my best friend from middle school last Saturday. She's expecting her first baby! I'm so excited for her! I also FaceTimed with my best friend from college. I think that maintaining connections with people is really important. I didn't do a really good job of that when I was in the Midwest, but I'm going to make more of an effort moving forward.

I think I have narrowed down what's causing my stomach issues - it's not gluten or FODMAPs (because I get horrible indigestion when I eat bread) - it's yeast! No more yeasty things for me :(

Finally, I got a new glasses prescription today and replaced the lenses in my old pair of frames. It still cost $170 because I don't have vision insurance right now. I could have waited until the first of the year so my new insurance would kick in, but I need to move quickly to get my new driver's license, then get my new passport, by the end of February. I just have to hide the fact that I spent $170 from my mom. :D I'm so excited to be able to see again!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-16-2017, 01:45 AM

Welcome back! *hugs* happy holiday season

Viveka

Old 12-17-2017, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

Welcome back! *hugs* happy holiday season
Thank you hummy you too!!