Whimsical Sadist
The Whimsical Sadist of Invincib...
Penpal

Old 12-24-2011, 02:36 AM

Day 0

Dearest Journal,

You're small, light, colorful and oh so delightful. It's my greatest honor to write in each of your cream colored pages. Today couldn't be a more marvelous day to grace in your presence for I get admire as well as ride the glorious Spirit of Calesco, Menewsha's new train. So here I am to mark this wondrous beginning of my adventures.

After traveling great distances from home I couldn't help but to admire the golden star that shined so brightly on my ticket. I was a few who got this golden ticket for the all new Menewsha Centeral Station. Was I dreaming? If I was I didn't want anyone to wake me for there wasn't anything in the world that could turn my joy and happiness into sadness and despair. Or so I thought. Only short minutes afterwards, while I was happily frolicing, I tripped and you soared out my hand. For a short second I was mildly paralyzed as I stared at you, submerged in a strange and unknown substance. Quickly grabbing a tissue I gently wiped the black goo from your spine, cover, and few papers while holding back gasps. Once my cleaning was done and you were tightly grasped in my hands I looked up. Gazing back at me was the look of strange, unfamiliar buildings and people I had never seen before. I realized I was lost. Mentally kicking myself I stood and quickly walked in the direction I hoped to be correct. Boy was I wrong. Nothing made sense nor did anything look remotely familiar. I was getting nowhere. Finally giving up I turned to a strange man with silver hair and ice blue eyes in a emerald suit. Even though I knew I shouldn't talk to strangers, I was desperate. My maiden was waiting for me.

Frantically explaining my predicament to the strange man I asked where I could find the Menewsha Central Station. Casting a huge shadow over me I could hardly see the sun as he raised his arm left and spoke the directions in a hushed tone. Bowing kindly I thanked him, waved, and ran off. Menewsha Central was only a couple minutes away! I was merely steps away before my glorious adventure. The moment I stepped foot onto the station I was blown away. All my years at home and imagining and I still wouldn't have ever dreamed of what I had seen. Various people of different sizes, shapes, and colors filled my eyes in excitement. Unfamiliar smells and noises filled my insides. Chatter was everywhere, I was all giddy and I couldn't be happier. Everyone was just as excited as I was for the trip to begin.

Slowly coming for a stop I gazed up at the Spirit of Calesco. She was far more beautiful than I imagined as her name hung in huge gold letters on a sign that hovered over her front. Taking out my grandfather's watch I checked the time. Perfect. I was right on schedule. Time to abroad Spirit of Calesco and truly begin this wondrous adventure.

Ah! Can't wait!

Sincerely Yours,

Whim

Whimsical Sadist
Penpal

Old 12-24-2011, 06:54 PM

Day 1

Dearest Journal,

I made it! Right now I'm traveling miles away from home and onto our first stop, Garland. From what I read it sounds like a beautiful place with a tragic past. Sounds cliche, but I truly feel for Garland. I mean a bride drowning in a lake right before her wedding? I couldn't live with that and just like the groom, I'd probably die from a broken heart. It would be nice to visit their graves and pay some respect to the couple...

Realizing I was drifting more and more off task I quickly looked back at the notebook. Can anyone help me with this dang riddle?! I loved riddles. They're so much fun as well as challenging. I already had several answered, but the main one I was focused on was blank. As I stared at the paper I felt as if it was laughing at me, causing me to become irritated. Taking many deep breaths I closed my eyes and cleared my mind. This always helped whenever I was stuck on something. What happens when you throw a yellow rock into a purple stream? The easiest riddle, but for some reason I was stuck. Thinking more and more was pointless. It's a simple answer, but what? The moment I stood and yelled "It makes a splash!" several dogs barked, children squealed, many looked my way, dice that some men were playing with fell to the ground, and everything seemed to suddenly become quiet. Embarrassed for my life, I apologized to everyone for my outburst and sat back down where I was surprised to see a young child with large poinsettias in her golden hair. She smiled and introduced herself, her name was Ana. I had made a new little friend. At the moment I was a little kid again. With Ana, I played countless games, danced and twirled like crazy, and even ran all throughout the train, avoiding trouble along the way. I had managed to tear my favorite drawing in half, causing my heart to break a bit. Ana, noticing my sadness, gave me some tape and created another drawing similar to my own, happily. It was fun and exhilarating playing with someone so much younger than myself. It would make anyone truly happy. Lying down I looked at Ana, noticing the ribbons tying the poinsettias down were loose. Informing her, she made her way to me and sat patiently as I tie several small knots to secure the flowers down. Once finished she gave me a little kiss on the cheek, waved , said goodbye, and left. Waving goodbye I thought about how meeting new people was a perk of this journey.

Journal I've been thinking maybe I should name you. It would be nice to name you, but I have no idea what though...well maybe another time.

Sincerely yours,

Whim

Whimsical Sadist
Penpal

Old 12-27-2011, 08:38 PM

Day 2

Dearest Journal, Sebastian, Bob, Yanie, Bobo, Ren, Alphonse,

We arrived at Reinsend on December 26th, yesterday, afternoon around 2:45 pm. I am sad to admit after my run in with the invisible cows I have be too wary to leave the comfort of my cart. I was even afraid to write in you Alphonse! Their various trots and moos still run a shiver down my spine anytime I try to remember. However now, after a long rest of peace and quiet and no invisible cows, I was refreshed and not afraid.

To celebrate my new happiness I asked some of the cooks if they'd allow me to bake something in their kitchen. Thinking they'd say no I was surprised that they said yes and allowed me to make my favorite chocolate cake. Grabbing my bag fill with all kinds of my trinkets and goodies, chocolate cake, and all my writing utensils: pens, markers, and pencils I stepped off the Spirit of Calesco and began exploring Reinsend. The village was beautiful and I couldn't help gazing at all the wonderful sights of everything green. Finding a nice spot on a small hill I took the plastic bowl with my cake and began to eat. While quietly indulging myself with cake I happen to spot a small furry animal that resemble a rabbit. Staring at the rabbit's cuteness I couldn't help myself, pulling out my camera I took a picture of it. It must've been the flash or the sight of my cake, but the rabbit creature went in a frenzy. Erupting like a volcano the rabbit creature came at me in such a fast pace there was nothing standing in its way of getting the cake. My pour cake was devoured, I devastated, got up and left the cake-filled rabbit on its own.

With walking through the streets of Reinsend I watched a woman raking leafs of her walkway, children laughing and chattering, and reindeers all around. I never seen a reindeer in my whole life, much less a herd of them. All their antlers, noses, hooves, and little bushy tails were so adorable! I was in heaven just by staring at them. Then all of a sudden I heard what seemed like thousands of hooves pounding on the ground. It was simply amazing. There were hundreds of reindeer running together in a stampede. Staring in awe I glance and saw the rabbit creature waddling towards my direction. In my mind there was major conflict: a poor animal was about to be stampeded by reindeer and a cake thief was about to get what he deserved.

Before I could say anything the rabbit creature vanished. It had escaped. Sighing in relief and anger at the same time I walked away from the reindeer and made introductions with the raking lady. After our long talk I met her children--who got glue in my hair!--and husband. With several apologies and multiple rinses later the children gave me several cards to play and color with to show how sorry they were. While coloring I overheard the family talking about the Sleigh Parade that got me so happy I was practically jumping up and down. After getting laughs out of the whole family I was told all about the Sleigh Parade that was taking place tonight and it would be the family's pleasure to take me. The moment I heard this I couldn't contain myself.

Ah I can't wait for the Sleigh Parade! Well see tomorrow morning Alphonse, I'll make sure to tell you all about the parade.

Sincerely Yours,

Whim

Whimsical Sadist
Penpal

Old 12-30-2011, 05:20 AM

Day 3

Dearest Alphonse,

The Sleigh Parade was marvelous! I offer you a solatium for my absence and wild behavior: a brand new covering to make sure nothing like you getting dirty ever happens again. I now see the error of my behavior and am utterly ashamed at all the haywire I caused; I even got an earful from Mr. Mayor! Trust me next time I'm going to contain my excitement so nothing as stupid as that happens again.

After we made it to Icy Peaks I was overjoyed to hear that there were actually dragons here! Dragons can you believe that? I would be the luckiest person ever if I was able to stop one! Hearing about the dragons wasn't the best part, Icy Peaks' legendary maiden, the Ice Queen had gotten me even more excited. As I walked in the snow, having the snow constantly crunch under my fur boots, I gaze at all the wonderful sculptures. With such a powerful heroine protecting this place it was no wonder these townsfolk had all these sculptures--big, small, ice, wood, you named it--of her surrounding the town.

While gazing at all the sculptures I hadn't realize I tore my colorful bag holding all my luggage completely open. It took me several minutes to realize what had happened, but the moment I did I grabbed some duct tape and wrapped my bag many times over and over to secure everything inside once again. Staring at the snow I got a sudden urge to build a snowman, have a snowball fight, and make snow angels--the banalest things to do in the snow. Even though I knew this, it that hadn't stopped me. My snowman was perfectly round with a black top hat, black eyes, scarf and carrot nose; the snow angels were nearly perfect as they shined in the sun; the town children were even more than willing to have a friendly game of chucking snow at each other. Completely exhausted and realizing it might get dark soon, I grabbed some extra rope, refilled my many canteens, was pressured into taking some small cakes and pies, grabbed you Alphonse, and set off for a nice late afternoon hike.

Pulling my gloves tightly on my hands and tightening my boots I began my hike happily through the snow. I don't know exactly how long I had be hiking, but my stomach told me it was about to time to rest as it rumbled angrily. Embarrassed, I scrunched up a pile of snow and made myself a small place to sit and enjoyed an early dinner. To my surprise I found my nicely planned dinner of a sandwich and cookies were staring at me quietly. My soggy looking sandwich seem as if it had been soak in water and what looked like moldy cheese stuck out of it. My large bag of cookies were gone and only had a maximum of five left. The only I had left was the small cakes and pies I was force into getting. No longer questioning my meal I happily enjoyed my sweets when all of sudden a great big arrangement of multicolored scales filled my vision. Looking up I spotted a dragon with a long tail, silver locks, giant ice colored eyes and a curly silver looking mustache had taken my cookie. I wasn't at all angry my dinner was stolen as I stood, but rather more in awe. I gazed at the dragon's beauty and watched it happily eat the cookie and gaze back down at me for another. I lifted a cookie and watched the dragon take a bite, lick my hand, and shake it's head happily. At that moment my insides were burning, my heart was pounding wildly, and my throat had suddenly dried up as I took another cookie. A dragon was right in front of me and I was feeding him! Finally finishing the small amount of cookies I had left I reluctantly showed the dragon the empty bad and was answered with a nuzzle of his head near my cheek, what seemed like a purr or growl of some sort, and the spread of massive ice colored wings taking off in flight. Standing in silence I eyed the dragon once more and bounced happily back to the town. I had seen a dragon and got to feed him!

At that moment I was the happiest person in the world and there was absolutely nothing that could spoil my mood. Alphonse I can't wait for the next stops; even more adventure and excitement like today awaits me!

Sincerely Yours,

Whim

Whimsical Sadist
Penpal

Old 01-02-2012, 11:10 PM

Day 4

Dearest Alphonse,

We've made it to Saint's Pole! Out of all the stops Saint's Pole is the one that made me the most happy. I was going to be in the presence of skilled artisans who were willing to teach me their skills first hand! Just the thought turned my legs to jelly and jelly and snow don't mix well. Only taking few steps off the Spirit of Calesco I soon realized I was lying in the snow and had a horrible stabbing pain coming from my foot. I had twisted my ankle while trying to step down and was experiencing unimaginable pain. Becoming a more lachrymose version of myself, I released several soft sobs while lying in the snow. Slowly crawling away from the Spirit of Calesco I turned and saw familiar golden locks tied with poinsettias and a happy smile, my little friend was back. Realizing I was in pain, Ana grabbed my arms and helped carry me towards her home. Setting me down on a chair and having my leg raise with nowhere to go, I began talking. During that time I told Ana countless stories of times back at home, my time on the Spirit of Calesco and all the different places I've been to, and my goal to met a skilled artisan. Ana suddenly laughing, told me something that made me hit the jackpot, her father was a toymaker!

Bringing me different toys all created by her father Ana asked if I wanted to create my own and I was speechless. For hours I spent time in her father's workshop playing with gizmos, screws, calculators, metal parts, anything that would help create the perfect toy train. Finding hues and dyes I was able to color the little train just like the Spirit of Calesco. In my eyes it was amazing and was even better when I found a hat to match. With my hat on and newly made train crawling around, the pain of my twisted ankle was gone. However for Ana, the small train wasn't perfect. There wasn't anything I could do, the Mini Calesco was incorrigible and that didn't sit well with my little friend. I found out that sweet nature girl was actually an irascible child who didn't take to lightly to failure or mistakes. Laughing it off I took Ana's advice to spice up the Mini Calesco into consideration, I even installed a whistle on it! I spent that night with Ana and her family and got to enjoy countless treats and goodies during their family dinner which made me a bit homesick.

There's only one more stop to go! I must say it has been a blast being on the Spirit of Calesco, but home is truly the best place to be.

Sincerely Yours,

Whim

Whimsical Sadist
Penpal

Old 01-03-2012, 11:51 PM

Day 5

Oh Alphonse,

I must say all great things must come to end. Rochelle Harbor, our last stop and the final step in my journey before returning to Menewsha, had grace us with its presence. To celebrate my finale on the Spirit of Calesco I had the finest glass of champagne I was allowed to consume before getting light headed, several candies, sweet pastries and various treats, and a marvelous three course meal. Not realizing my meal contain mixtures of mushrooms not only did I erupt in hives I had also become infected with Enmushintightus. A hideous disease that causes the victim's tongue to swell up large, become sensitive and only response to acerbic tastes. While the rest of the body dealt with various symbols and markings appearing, eyesight only responding to the color purple, and daily gibberish. At that time of unbelievable pain and suffering my eyes would inundate tears and other materials for lengths of times on end!

At such a vulnerable state I was also taking requests from those who wanted to see a sick person perform! I danced, tried to sing, and even did gymnastics in my impaired state; eventually jumping off the edge of a small cliff and landing into marshes of swampness, dirty water, and marsh trees. Outraged at first I hadn't notice that the marshes had ameliorate my hives and even had the Enmushintightus symptoms lightening up. After some time, soaking in the nasty swamp water, the Enmushintightus was gone! It was like I never had such a disease! At the Sugarplum Festival however I was proven horribly wrong. Thinking I was finally better and cleared of all the Enmushintightus, there was one minor modification. I had received a permanent tattoo of a mushroom, mocking me of the disease. Which I read that this tattoo was only shown on those who survived through Enmushintightus and had gotten better. In anger I nearly scratched the tattoo off my skin, but was told by some locals that I had this tattoo, I would never again have that dreadful disease. This brought tears of joy to my eyes!

Well it was finally time to grab my ticket once more and make my way back to the Spirit of Calesco. I've enjoyed our time spent together Alphonse. Who knows maybe an even more incredible next adventure will await us!

Sincerely and forever Yours,

Whimsical Sadist