Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 01-26-2019, 03:15 AM

Wow, that's such a long time to be apart. :'(

Oh gosh, it's been so many years since I was involved in a menewsha event that I had totally forgot the acronyms for the events. Haha, I'm such a dunce.

You mentioned you lived in Washington in another thread. That's where I live currently. Are you originally from Washington?

Risque
bing chilling

Old 01-26-2019, 03:48 AM

Your friend did a really nice job on that art, Ruby. :)

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 01-26-2019, 03:50 AM

Hi there, Risque. How are you tonight?

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 01-26-2019, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clair Voyant View Post
Wow, that's such a long time to be apart. :'(

Oh gosh, it's been so many years since I was involved in a menewsha event that I had totally forgot the acronyms for the events. Haha, I'm such a dunce.

You mentioned you lived in Washington in another thread. That's where I live currently. Are you originally from Washington?
If that's to me, no I'm not from Washington haha I'm from Oregon

Risque: omg right?! I love it so much

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 01-26-2019, 04:05 AM

Ah, you mentioned being close to menewshas again and that there were in Washington.

R u b y

Old 01-26-2019, 04:07 AM

Are you sure this was me? I have zero memory of this conversation xD

Risque
bing chilling

Old 01-26-2019, 04:12 AM

one of you two were drunk

R u b y

Old 01-26-2019, 04:24 AM

All I remember talking about was Baker City and that's definitely Oregon not Washington

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 01-26-2019, 04:24 AM

It was Wandering Poet. *head desk* I'm so sorry. Your avi's looked so similar. >___< I'm so sorry, I feel like an idiot! lol

R u b y

Old 01-26-2019, 04:27 AM

Haha no worries! I figured it wasn't me like it was either someone else or someone hacked me to talk about Washington

Are you originally from there?

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 01-26-2019, 04:36 AM

I currently live north of Seattle, moved here from Maine about six years ago. My parents were both military, which explains my family connections to both Maine and Washington. People are always so shocked when I tell them where I'm originally from. My husband moved here for work a little after I did from North Carolina; we met here, didn't know each other before our moves but happened to move here around the same time.

He just got a new job that will be moving us to North Carolina in a few months. Lots of stuff going on in my life the past 18 months.

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-26-2019, 05:10 AM

I have more new fabric again o3o BUY ALL THE PRETTY FABRIC.....

I should probably sew more. XD I collect more fabric than I use lately.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 01-26-2019, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay View Post
I have more new fabric again o3o BUY ALL THE PRETTY FABRIC.....

I should probably sew more. XD I collect more fabric than I use lately.
Whatcha planning on making?

I bought some really nice fabric back in summer and I'd love to make myself a quilt from it...but I'm worried about ruining it. It's really nice fabric.

R u b y

Old 01-26-2019, 06:02 AM

Quote:
I currently live north of Seattle, moved here from Maine about six years ago. My parents were both military, which explains my family connections to both Maine and Washington. People are always so shocked when I tell them where I'm originally from. My husband moved here for work a little after I did from North Carolina; we met here, didn't know each other before our moves but happened to move here around the same time.

He just got a new job that will be moving us to North Carolina in a few months. Lots of stuff going on in my life the past 18 months.
Oh cool where at?! Like what area I'm near Charlotte

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 01-26-2019, 06:07 AM

Raleigh region. Husband's family is all within that region. *shrugs* I'm going to miss the weather and the dark winters here.

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-26-2019, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Whatcha planning on making?

I bought some really nice fabric back in summer and I'd love to make myself a quilt from it...but I'm worried about ruining it. It's really nice fabric.
I have that same problem kind of. I get nice fabric but then I dont want to cut into in case I mess up and waste fabric XD

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 01-26-2019, 06:21 AM

What do you usually make? Do you make quilts or clothing?

I got few different patterned fabrics. Deep royal blue, a couple sunflower designs, and a couple concerning bees. These are sorta similar to the theme I had for my wedding, so I thought it would be a cute wedding quilt... I'm really into hexagons... We're in the process of having a house built and we had hexagon tiles added throughout. And since there's bees and flowers on the fabric, then it would be cool to do a hexagons for the quilt.... BUT that's so intensive and really hard to fix... The idea is good, but I don't think I'll be able to pull it off.

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-26-2019, 06:25 AM

I've mostly done a few quilts and other odds and ends. I'm a bit rusty at sewing honestly. Took a few sewing classes in high school and loved it but have unfortunately not done much sewing since. Lack of free time/fighting with a machine that just did not want to always work. Got anew machine a little while back though. Going to try and start sewing more.

I do have a finished quilt top at the moment. Just need to find backing and I can send it off to be quilted.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 01-26-2019, 06:29 AM

What do you mean send it off to have it quilted? Do you not do that part yourself?
I've literally never made a quilt before so I have no clue.

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-26-2019, 06:36 AM

I mean have it professionally quilted.

Tried quilting a quilt on my newer sewing machine since it came with a quilting foot, did not go well. XD
There's different ways you can finish a quilt, you can send it off to be longarm(special type of sewing machine)quilted, you can tie it, quilt on a regular home machine, and you can hand quilt it.

If your looking for quilting tutorials look up the Missouri Star quilt company on YouTube. They're fantastic. And a great online shop to buy fabric from.

MacSen191
\ (•◡•) /

Old 01-26-2019, 04:19 PM

OMG! I got back into my account and I am so happy to be back! I'm having a celebration in my head! (I would be dancing around and everything around the house, but the arm pump and giant yes I screamed out had my sig other, son and roommate already looking at me strangely, lol.)

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 01-26-2019, 05:45 PM

HIM made an attempt at clothing shopping... It never got further than thinking about loading the website XP

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 01-26-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacSen191 View Post
OMG! I got back into my account and I am so happy to be back! I'm having a celebration in my head! (I would be dancing around and everything around the house, but the arm pump and giant yes I screamed out had my sig other, son and roommate already looking at me strangely, lol.)
I nearly got locked out of my account permanently, too. It was a nightmare. A friend logged on and messaged Captain Howdy and he was able to sort it out for me. But for a little while there, I was sure I'd never get back on menewsha again. I even tried to create a new account so I could message an admin and it wouldn't let me.

@Kay: That's interesting, I really had no idea you could get a quilt professionally quilted. I might look into that, actually. I really don't know much about the process. It might be advantageous to take some quilting classes...if I ever have the time to do that. School,preparing for a move, husband, those take up the majority of my life right now.

@ HIM: What were you thinking of getting? I need a new bathing suit for a trip I'm about to take, but I couldn't find any I liked at Target this morning.

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 01-26-2019, 07:29 PM

You can find plenty of free quilting tutorials out there. The Missouri star quilt company is a good place to find them. They have hundreds, most if them free.

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 01-26-2019, 09:00 PM

'rubs eyes sleepily' hello.