Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-12-2016, 09:13 AM

Sept 12th:

Lilith is back at school AND turns 16 today. She's a wonderful bright and lovely young lady. She's excited to start learning to drive this year. I'm so proud of her. :)
  • Ice cream cake shall be had today. :D

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-15-2016, 01:16 AM

Sept 14th:

I feel so tired lately, I really want to be more energetic but I just feel like sleeping.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-16-2016, 05:47 AM

Sept 15th-16:

Well, I gave my two weeks notice at work. I'll be done officially October 1st. I have 3 months to figure out what the frick I'm doing wrong when selling my art before I think about looking to go back to a part time. I didn't burn any bridges and they said if I ever want to come back and work for them again they'd have me back in a heart beat.

I need to do what I love or die trying for my own mental well being. I'm finally ready to take the leap and focus 100%. Lilith is well on her way to adult hood now. So much so that I'm not worried about her future at all like I used to be. I am now more concerned with what mine will be without her. I have a good amount saved up and I won't be in any danger of losing a place or going hungry for a bout 5 years which is more than enough time to "test".

"Here we go!" - Famous last words me
  • Quest update: 85000/100000
  • go hard or go home?

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-19-2016, 07:39 PM

Sept 19th:

So there have been a lot of odd coincidences since I quit my day job.

Thursday: Little things here and there that I feel like have been the universe saying "Yes go be your dreams". I opened a Jones pop on Thursday after work and the cap said "Take time for yourself". Made me laugh since in a way that's just what I was doing.

Friday: An old manager added me on Facebook to ask how my art was going and was looking to get her dogs portraits. I couldn't believe she even remembered me let alone what I was planing to do with myself. Timing again was hilarious. And it's been like 10 years since we've talked!

Saturday I was recognized as "The party Cardie" from a fellow con goer. They came over and asked a few things about Cosplay. XD Which felt pretty damn good.

Sunday:My charity work leader for cancer care asked me if I'd be willing to do up some flyers or possibly do a piece for our Event this coming October 28th. While not paid, doing charity work with something so close to my heart makes me feel super happy. I was so surprised when I was asked. Also what a fantastic way to get known on the local level!

Now today, Monday when I opened my DA account there was a new widget announced. The "Commissions" widget. Huh...what timing. I think I'll be making use of this feature shortly. I just have to think about price setting and what I want to draw.

1 thing per day for five days straight is an affirmation to me that my current path is the right one.

Today in Neph's world
  • Post Vulcan picture to DA list
  • Ink image
  • Some "Mene Maintenance"

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-20-2016, 08:40 PM

Sept 20th:

Getting some finishing touches done today. If I manage to get the list done I'm working on I'm going to start making plan connections and future preparations... EI a budget and schedule so I don't loose time. :)

Today in Neph's world
  • Finish image (Sept 28th)
  • More "Mene Maintenance" - sort my drawers from last event
  • Made a new avatar with our lovely new CI

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-22-2016, 08:53 PM

Sept 22nd:

I finally told my mom about what I'm doing. And she was surprisingly supportive. I was really scared to tell her. This is happening. :D

Today in Neph's world
  • Hmm time tom make din din. :D

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-24-2016, 12:28 AM

Sept 23rd:

Ahh friday. Only one more week to go at my day job. Chris is working all weekend. :( I'll miss him, but it'll give me time to get a few ducks in a row. Quack!

Today in Neph's world
  • Quest Update: 88.5/100K

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-25-2016, 12:46 AM

Sept 24th:

We had perogies for dinner tonight. Mmm so many potatoes. XD Not to long after, Lilith and I went on a nice long walk. We found a park we hadn't been to for a long time. So we hopped on in and had a good time sitting on the swings and running around like a couple of derps. We don't get out much apparently. XD

It started getting a bit nippy but it wasn't until we saw lightning cross the sky that we decided to go home. We headed in the general direction of home by way of the store and bought a few treats. Thinking about watching a movie later.

Today in Neph's world
  • Gonna do some art stuff now while Chris is still at work
  • Made a new avatar

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-25-2016, 08:46 PM

Sept 25th:

I almost forgot to upload my latest update last night. >.< I was busy working on other sneaky things. Never did end up watching a movie last night.

Fall Recipes:

I've been messing around with some apple pancake recipes. There is this amazing pancake house here in Winnipeg and I'm trying to come up with a recipe comparable to their "Baby Apple" Pancake. It's SO delish. And not as simple as mixing apple sauce in with the badder. Which is what I tried the first time.

I think this time I'm going to approach them more like potato pancake, but with apple and cinnamon instead of tatter and pepper.

Today in Neph's world
  • Working on the 28th's update.
  • Inking
  • Uploading
  • Plotting for October

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-26-2016, 11:34 PM

Sept 26th:

I organised a few things for charity today. We're still picking up more donations later this week. It's shaping up to be a good one. :)

Today in Neph's world
  • Had a yummy veggie wrap today

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-27-2016, 07:44 PM

Sept 27th:

I woke up in a mood today. Not really sure why I just feel like screaming. Chris is randomly off today and tomorrow and it's nearly dinner and he hasn't called.

Lilith stayed home sick today. She's currently sleeping off her sickness.

Today in Neph's world
  • Upload WIP image for tomorrow
  • find some time to shower

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-28-2016, 05:22 AM

Sept 28th:

Today starts my last week of working for someone other than myself. It's a pretty easy week since they reduced my hours. This is kind of a huge risk on my part. I could fall flat on my face, but I'm not afraid anymore. I need to be in a career I love. Or the very least in charge of myself. XD I'm excited for this.

Today in Neph's world
  • Go to work
  • Possibly have dinner with Chris

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 09-29-2016, 03:04 AM

Sept 29th:

The weather is so beautiful today. I walked to work as usual, I'm feeling so peaceful.

Yesterday I ended up going to a noodle house. I got spicy beef rice noodles. The broth was so good. I love chilies in my soup. We also made a drop off to our charity head again. :D HE gave us a list of a few more places we might be able to get stuff from. But our list is already looking pretty good. There is this beautiful full size teak book shelf that is very drooly. :D Both Chris and I will probably be putting in for it when the event comes.

Today in Neph's world
  • Second last day of work...Eeee!
  • *has uploaded up until oct.22*

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-01-2016, 01:22 AM

Sept 30th:

I should really know my daughter by now. She tends to pull this thing all the time. "Oh I did this bad thing today" Then boom not so bad thing at all. XD She was called down to the principals office today. Then they gave her a "highest standing" award that she wasn't the to collect from last year. Best in her grade. <3 let's see if she can do it again this year.

Chris also got some excellent news today. :D He has an interview for a government position. I really hope he gets in!

Today in Neph's world
  • Quest Update: 92K/100K

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-01-2016, 08:14 PM

Oct 1st :

I did a bunch of planing in my day planner today, figuring out what should go where in my room. This week is going to be fun. :D

Today in Neph's world
  • Cleaning to make a room switch and new officey type room!
  • Do up a few different banner options for Gopher Da Cure

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-02-2016, 06:23 PM

Oct 2nd:

Chris is coming over after work today to watch fear the walking dead. And perhaps go for a walk. :D

Other than that I'm not really sure what up for tonight. It'll depend how long he stay's over for.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-04-2016, 08:16 PM

Oct 4th:

Chris has been on this liquid diet for a week. We have to so get some soups for him. He's been really naughty about staying on it though. XD I'm craving something more than soup, but I won't because I feel bad he has to do it for health reasons. I know from previous dieting experience that nothing sucks more than when your the only one saying no to yummy foods.

We'll probably do either french onion, butternut squash or tomato. Tomato will be ruff with out grilled cheese >.<

Today in Neph's world
  • I sent off a poster design to be yay or nayed today
  • gonna do some basement measuring.
  • Shopping
  • plotting >:D

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-05-2016, 06:23 PM

Oct 5th:

OMG! >:O Chris and I tried to get a bit of gaming in today before he went for his interview but my computer wasn't having it. A new graphic driver came out this morning and the program I have that tells me when new shit is available didn't work. I'm not really sure why I have it at this point because it never does till after I've installed the latest thing.

Today in Neph's world
  • Lilith is off school early today
  • Meeting at 7PM for Gopher the cure
  • Chris gets off at 9:45, hopefully the meeting will be over by then
  • depending on what time Chris works tomorrow we might get to do some gaming later, but I'm not holding my breath for it. If it's an early day It'll turn into an art night for me. :)
  • I made a new avatar last night with the new CI

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-06-2016, 06:45 PM

Oct 6th:

OMg I've been calling so many printing places looking for price quotes. It's crazy. some of them I'm starting to wonder why they're so different from each other. I got rangeses from 32 - 75+tax for the same amount of work. 10 places and only 4 of them were anywhere in the same ball park.

Today in Neph's world
  • Many phone calls handle it! XD
  • Price comparing
  • shit it's almost 3!...I should eat something
  • Soup and sammich and it's back to work I go

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-07-2016, 07:09 PM

Oct 7th:

So after the hours of calling around yesterday it looks like they're going to choose printing it themselves. The charity flyers...this could turn anywhere from mediocre to bad. It's strange when a group wants to draw in more people but doesn't want to pay for advertisement. 30ish shouldn't be such a huge deal breaker, especially after I did $50 worth of work for free as a donation.

Today I'm working on a few sketches. Well inking a few sketches to be exact. XD sAlso a few Mene things. I also want to get a few hours of cleaning/ organizing my work space. After today's Mene games I'll have re gained my 100K buffer. Let's see if I can push it another 25K before the event....

Today in Neph's world
  • Work on Inking
  • Plot out tomorrows photo shoot.
  • Quest Update: 100430/100000
  • Now that I'm at 100K I'm going to pick another shop to quest. :D
  • The random number generator said 4
  • Oh...ya 4= legs 11! XD

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-09-2016, 02:53 AM

Oct 8th:

Eating some yummy rice. :D

Today in Neph's world
  • Picked up a few proofs
  • Got ready for a photo shot
  • Shoot ended around 10:45 time for coffee and gaming

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-09-2016, 07:36 PM

Oct 9th:

I'm not sure what I'm doing for food today. I got some eggnog the other day. So that was breakfast. Now that I've had my shower and got dressed it's time for some editing work on photos and general art stuff.

It was so cold yesterday for the shoot but we managed threw it. Managed to get a few good shots so yay.

Today in Neph's world
  • Working on October 22nd & 26th images today
  • Mene projects if those get done before Chris gets back in

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-10-2016, 05:52 AM

Oct 10th:

I completely forgot yesterday was thanksgiving. I had some chicken and all the regular fare. It was pretty quiet around here. Just me mom and Lilith.

Today in Neph's world
  • Upload yesterday's work.
  • Cut out flyer pages.
  • Plotting. . .

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-13-2016, 06:05 PM

Oct 13th:

This last week has been super busy for me.

Chris is off today so e'll be doing some running around. Doing what exactly I don't know.

Today in Neph's world
  • I finished all the flyers for our event
  • handed some out

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-14-2016, 09:36 PM

Oct 14th:

I've been putting in a lot of time and energy into other peoples babies this week. I feel like I'm neglecting my own stuff. It's mostly ok. But this isn't what I quit my job for. XD

Chris wants to go out somewhere later but I don't know how I feel about it. I feel like I have a million things I need to be doing instead so I can enjoy myself at the up coming Halloween events in my normal manic "let's do this" way. ya...events. Double booking is probably a bad idea but I do it a lot at Halloween time because of C4 (28th-30th), Halloween themed charity event on the 29th and AND Mene event around that week.

My mom got a bunch of pumpkins. :D I wanna carve dem buggers! XD

Today in Neph's world
  • Switching back and forth between two projects (Mene and personal)
  • grr weighed myself today. not impressed with self. >:(