Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-20-2016, 12:31 AM

Lucius was folding up the blankets from his bed and putting them in the bag. He was sad to leave this place. It had been his first real home. And though he was excited for the next adventure he was also very nervous. What if he was leading Roland and Alexi into a trap? What if it turned out this place was a place of danger. He let out a sigh. "I'm ready." He said the bag of bed stuffs over his shoulder.

Alexi followed Roland inside. He was filled with nervous excitement.

Precarious Fool
Are you kitten me right meow?

Old 05-20-2016, 12:57 AM

"Well then, let's go!" Roland said with a grin, a little more giddy than usual thanks to the wine. He took another drink, threw the dufflebag over his shoulder, and headed right back out the door. With the wine bolstering his spirits he was in a good mood and ready for the adventure ahead of them, hopefully enough to keep the spirits up all around and all the way to their destination. "How long did it take you to get there, Lucius?" He asked as he made his way towards the forest, knowing they would be following him. He hoped it wouldn't take too long, they would need some time to get settled before dark, he assumed. And time to eat... Would they even be able to get food? He had some money, but it wouldn't last them forever. And this was all if they even accepted him. If they knew who he was would they turn him away?

He took another large drink of the wine, hoping to get rid of the negative thoughts before he turned back and hid in the cabin forever.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-20-2016, 01:34 AM

"I don't know. At least not for sure." He said as he started leading the way. He was never good with knowing how long things took and the like. He had never really had a need to. When he lived with Marcus and the group he was always told when it was time to do certain things. At least he was good with directions and he knew the way to go. Even if he didn't know how long it would take them exactly. He knew that Marcus had probably been furious when he hadn't returned from the city the night her ran into Alexi. He can't help but grin at the thought of it all.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-20-2016, 01:50 AM

Roland only shrugged, hopefully it wouldn't take long but there was no turning back now, they needed to find this place if they wanted this to work. The seclusion would probably have them hating each other before long, already they seemed to struggle, probably because of his mood swings, but he couldn't explain them to Alexi. How could he let him know he was like that? So weak that he needed pills and alcohol to manage each day? It was pathetic and that wasn't how he wanted to be seen, not by the one person who truly loved him.

Another sip of alcohol and once more he banished the thoughts, moving to walk beside Alexi, playfully bumping into him on occasion as they walked, the slowly draining wine bottle hanging to the side. If he was smart he'd pour it out before he drank too much and passed out before they even made it to the city.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-20-2016, 11:57 PM

Alexi smiled when Roland would bump against him. He still fought the urge to ask about the pills. It was none of his buisness. Except that it kind of made him feel worthless. Did Roland take the pills because of him? He grabbed the emptying wine bottle and took a long swig as they walked. He had to stop thinking like this. It would only lead to conflict. He couldn't risk loosing Roland. He wouldn't make it without the love of his life.

Lucius seems to know exactly where he's going, even though he'd been there only once, and at night time.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-21-2016, 12:14 AM

Roland grinned at Alexi, he felt a bit drunk, a bit giddy, which was probably a good thing for trekking through the forest. Now he didn't feel nervous or worried about what might be ahead of them, he was just happy to be with Alexi. "I don't know what I'd do without you..." He said with a sigh, grabbing his and and squeezing. It was true, he would be back with his father, probably waiting to die in the attack planned on the humans. Why wouldn't he? His father would be the main target, his son was just as dangerous in their eyes. Only Alexi really knew the truth, that he was nothing like his father.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-21-2016, 02:12 AM

It's a few hours later when Lucius suddenly stops. They are standing on top of a hill. "There it is." The young mutant stated pointing to the town below. By this time the bottle of wine was empty, though Alexi still had it in his hands. He looked in awe at what lay before them. He noticed a shimmer around the town, but he didn't know if that was a mutant using their power, or if he was just a bit to tipsy.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-21-2016, 02:17 AM

All the good feelings, from the alcohol, the pills, and the time spent with Alexi, seemed to evaporate when the town came into view. It was there, something was there, but he still doubted that it was some magical place where he could live in peace, despite who his father was, despite the fact that him and Alexi were... well, together. It was hard to imagine a place without the people that he grew up around, that hated the mutants, blamed them for everything, and of course the mutants who fought back, he wanted a place in this world like everyone else.

He sighed and looked at Alexi, "Well, this is it..." They couldn't turn back now, not if quite possibly tomorrow his home could be under attack, they risked discovery that way. "Let's get moving, I'm starving." He said with a smile, trying to lighten the mood, and for once he actually felt hungry.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-21-2016, 02:20 AM

Alexi smiled, he was nervous. Would this place be everything that they hoped for? Everything he hoped for? All he had known was life with Marcus, the hating humans. The planning, the training. Could this all be real? Could he and Roland finally have a place to live where they didn't have to hide that they were together? He started shaking the wind picking up a bit.

Lucius had been carrying the food bag. "Want an apple?" He asked. They hadn't eaten much on the walk. They had all just wanted to get to where they were going.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-21-2016, 11:46 PM

Roland smiled and dug through the bag, grabbing an apple instead of waiting. He happily chewed it as he looked down at the city, wondering if it was actually going to be okay. "We need to get going..." He said, rushing towards the city, drunk enough to not be so worried about anything bad that could happen. Hopefully Alexi would take the hint and stop worrying, he had felt the change in the wind, the energy around them, but he knew he couldn't hold Alexi every time it happened, he needed to learn to control it on his own if he ever wanted to be happy. Though he had struggled to walk away.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-22-2016, 02:42 AM

Lucius watched Roland run down the hill. He then looked to Alexi. Alexi took a deep breath. "Let's go kiddo." He said heading down the hill after Roland. Lucius followed both of the older men as fast as he could. Soon Alexi made to the bottom of the hill and he just hugged Roland panting a bit. "We need to wait for Lucius." He said spotting the boy making his way down the hill.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-23-2016, 11:53 AM

Roland took a deep breath, trying to ready himself for whatever they might encounter inside. Would they turn him away when they realize who his father is? Or would they be open to his relationship with Alexi? For more reasons than one, people would not be happy about them as a couple, they could be shunned for it. He was glad he had a moment to pull himself together while they waited for Lucius. He no longer felt the rush from the wine or the pill. Perhaps he should take another, just to get him through this, then he would be fine... Yes, just one more for now.

Carefully he pulled away from Alexi, smiling at him, showing him that nothing was wrong, he just needed to move. He took a few steps aside, as if he was just pacing as he waited, his hand reaching in his pocket. He managed to unscrew the lid and get a pill out while it still was in there. With his back to Alexi he quickly put the pill in his mouth, swallowing it without water, a learned skill from what felt like years doing this. In a moment he would be able to focus, to not worry so much, and if things worked out, he would stop... he would get clean for Alexi.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-23-2016, 04:48 PM

Alexi was worried too. What would happen to them if Roland wasn't accepted? Where would they go? The wind picked up again as worry filled him. He took deep calming breaths. Soon Lucius had reached them.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-23-2016, 06:03 PM

"Shhh..." Roland mumbled as he came back to Alexi, wrapping his arms around him. "If they don't want us here we'll leave and go even further away. It doesn't matter where, just as long as we're together." He was working just as hard to convince himself as he was Alexi. He turned to Lucius and smiled. "Ready?"

Pulling Alexi along, he was excited now, he wanted to be back in the city, to be around people, good food, anything. He didn't know what awaited them, but they had to try, they wouldn't be safe going back, not if a war broke out between the humans and mutants. "You should probably do the talking... If they recognize me, they might not be interested in what I have to say." Roland smiled at Alexi and squeezed his hand to reassure him. They could do this, they had to do this.

He could see the city now, it looked like any other he had been to, perhaps this place wasn't special? It wasn't as big as the one he had come from, but it didn't seem... magical.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-24-2016, 03:02 AM

Alexi scooped up Lucius and stayed close to Roland. He knew his love was right. That they would be more likely to listen to him. Especially if Roland was recognized. It was just Roland was better at talking to people then he was. But he would do the talking. He took a deep calming breath as they approached the city. He could do this. He had Roland by his side. He could do this. There were people on the street as they approached. Many of them were visibly mutant. Mummers broke out as the small ragged group was spotted.

"We should find city hall. Talk to the mayor." Alexi said trying his best to remain calm.

(OOC: Remember you were going to be the mayor and they can be either mutant or human.)

Precarious Fool

Old 05-24-2016, 10:28 AM

[OOC; Sorry, I had forgotten! Thanks for the reminder.]

Roland took a deep breath, ignoring the people, the mutants, around him and focusing on the task at hand. Alexi was right, they needed to find City Hall, he just hoped this wasn't a trap...

It didn't take long to reach a tall, white building, thick pillars in the front of it. The faded letters spelled out 'City Hall', it had been what they were looking for, but he hesitated, afraid of what might happen if they were not welcome here. He looked to Alexi and Lucius, getting up the courage to continue. Once inside, Alexi would take over, and hopefully secure them a safe place.

The building was done in white stone, it seemed old, with carved wood pieces and faded posters on the wall. Had this been another city before that they took over? Roland wasn't sure. "New here?" The voice startled him and Roland turned to look at a gruff looking mutant, he was taller than them by nearly a foot, his skin a pale red, though his eyes seemed to almost glow red. Roland could only nod, the mutant waved a hand, ushering them towards a hallway, at the end of which was a large wooden door. Holding Alexi's hand he made his way down the hall and knocked on the door. "Come in" came another voice and he did so.

The room was made of the same white stone, the walls covered in maps. A large, dark wood desk stood in the middle of the room, a few plush chairs in front of it. "What brings you to my city?" Sitting behind the desk was a thin man, his eyes the brightest blue Roland had ever seen, his hair stark white. Was he a mutant as well?

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-24-2016, 11:24 AM

Alexi followed Roland. He could here whispers from those he passed. He was in awe of city hall. He was doing his best to remain calm. He needed to be able to talk to the mayor. Lucius gasped when the large mutant approached them. Alexi gulped. When they walked into the office Alexi took another calming breath. "We need a place to stay. " Alexi hated how his voice shook when he was able to talk.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-24-2016, 11:53 AM

Roland took a seat, trying to calm himself down. What if they mayor said no? Could there really be a place for him? Sure, they might accept Alexi, and Lucius, but what about him?

The mayor looked to Roland, then back to Alexi, "You know who he is, right?" He was concerned that this human had lied to the mutant, was trying to gain access to the city, to their safe place, all while tricking these two. It took him only a moment to recognize the similarities between this young man and his father, a man who made no secret of his hatred for mutants. So what was he doing here with them? No, he would not allow any mutant to suffer, to be tricked, he could keep them safe. That was the whole point in this city.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-24-2016, 07:54 PM

"He's my boyfriend, the man I love with all my heart and soul." He was doing his best to keep control of his emotions. But he was scared, scared that they wouldn't be able to stay here. If that were to happen he would have to do his best to convince Lucius to stay. The young mutant deserved a better life then one on the run. The wind picked up a bit outside.

"He's a good guy." Lucius said still in Alexi's arms.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-24-2016, 08:16 PM

Roland could only sit in silence, he wasn't sure his input would be welcome at this point. Would they ever trust him? Or would they fear he would lead his father here and destroy them all?

The mayor looked at Alexi, then to Roland, and back. "It's obvious you care about him, but can we trust him? Will he keep or city safe from people like his father?" His voice had an edge to it, despite the small smile on his face. It wouldn't be surprising for that an to send his son in, trying to stop the mutants, even when they kept to themselves. But was he any better, to turn away a human just because of his family? The others wouldn't like this, if he let them stay.

"The people who live here, they work, they contribute, they adhere to our rules... Can you assure he will do that? No contact with any anti-mutant groups, family or not, not disclosing the location of the city?" He had went through great pains to keep the city going, to keep it thriving even while the world around them seemed to be in chaos. Everyone was assigned a job, appropriate housing, and had regular community service. All for the sake of keeping the city running and orderly.

Roland wanted to scream, to cry out that he wasn't like his father, but he didn't feel like they would believe him. He nodded encouragingly at Alexi, reaching out to touch his hand. "We can do this..." He whispered, trying to calm him.

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-24-2016, 10:33 PM

(OOC: remember there are humans in the city as well.)

Alexi took Rolands hand and squeezed, perhaps a bit to hard. The wind outside started to calm. He had to fight this urge to break down. Roland needed him to be the strong one. "Yes I can. He isn't like his father. Not at all like that horrible man."

Lucius held on tight to Alexi. What would happen to him if they couldn't stay? He wanted to stay with Alexi but he also wanted a home.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-25-2016, 12:48 AM

"I'll give you a chance, many humans live here, none with families quite as famous as his, but perhaps... well, we'll see." The mayor offered a strange smile to the small group. "If you're going to stay here you must perform a job, as well as do work in the community. Any talents you would like me to take into consideration before we make those assignments?"

Roland frowned, he felt like he had no talents, nothing to offer. He only shook his head, looking at the ground in shame.

THe mayor turned to Alexi and Lucius, "Of course he is too young to work, but you... have you had a job before? Something you're good at?"

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-25-2016, 01:37 AM

"I could do yard work. Stuff like that." He knew it wasn't much but it was all he had to offer. "I'm also willing to learn anything that could help." He wanted to ask about somebody that could help him learn to control his powers better when he got emotional. But he decided that could wait.

"I want to help." Lucius said glad they were all going to be able to stay.

Precarious Fool

Old 05-25-2016, 10:50 AM

The mayor nodded and sat back down behind his desk, shuffling papers around. "You of course get paid for your job, which is used to pay for food and other stuff... Housing is given to you, with the basic furnishings, based on your job and contributions to the city." He looked up at Roland, failing to hide his frown. "I'm not sure where to place you... You must understand the difficult position I'm in. People know your face, they may not accept you..." Roland nodded weakly, knowing it was all true. He would do whatever it took to make them understand he wasn't like his father. "They need someone to stock at one of the grocery stores, can you do that?" It wasn't a glamorous job, not for a kid who had once been rich, but it was a test. If he truly wanted to be part of this city he needed to help in anyway, even something so mundane. "Yes." Came a mumbled reply, which was good enough for now.

He pulled out a few papers, handing them to Alexi. "We don't have a whole lot of jobs available, well none that don't require specific skills, anyways. We need a new Community Garden Controller, the pay isn't great, but you get free produce, so it's a pretty good trade off. You just need to make sure people do their service in the gardens, as well as run the fruit and vegetable stands." He turned to Lucius, smiling kindly, "Okay, if you'd like a job, we often let the younger group take the delivery jobs. You can do produce delivery, from the garden, sound good?" The mayor turned back to Alexi, "He will be under you, and your responsibility. There is a bike for delivery use only, and he gets a dollar per delivery. Can you handle that?"

Kirin Rosenbaum
I am a Kiri-fish.

Penpal

Old 05-25-2016, 11:14 AM

Alexi gave Roland's hand a squeeze. Maybe this wasn't the right place for them. Roland seemed miserable and it hurt Alexi's heart to see him this way.

"Yes it sounds good." Lucius said. He hadn't ridden a bike in ages. But he's sure he'll pick it up again.

"That sounds fine." Alexi said with a smile. At least there was something he could do. He hoped that Roland wouldn't get to much grief for who his father was. He wasn't anything like that evil man. Though his mind briefly went to Marcus and what he had planed. A small shudder ran through him. They were safe, that was all that could matter to him. If he thought about that he would drown.