Nola
Forever Depressed, Forever Stres...

Old 08-03-2014, 02:18 PM

Some people don't believe in global warming but it ish real. ;~; there hardly any polar bears and one of the three sources of fresh water are melting.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-03-2014, 02:21 PM

What? there are people that don't believe Global Warming? That is shocking!

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 08-03-2014, 02:32 PM

I know some people don't believe in it because it get so cold. What they don't understand is that it is like a greenhouse. You tear a hole in the top of the green house and it lets out the warm weather in one season, the cold weather in another season, and the moisture, and let's in extra harmful sun rays as well.

What is pretty cool is that there are old maps in museums that show very accurate earth measurements. They are more accurate than some modern maps, and show the south pole with no ice. Whoever had those incredible map skills lost them before the time of the Roman empire, which is a shame because think of the technology they had. Hate to think what horrible event wiped them out.

Nola

Old 08-03-2014, 02:34 PM

:/ Yeah some of the old civilizations are better than our current one. Sad thing is, they also spent the majority of their time outside and were healthy. Then you have the people who, unless they have a job or school, stay home all the time or visit other friend's homes. A few are active, yes, but not as many as there use to be.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-03-2014, 02:36 PM

I see... the Global Warming is making hot hotter and cold colder. People don't understand it. XD

Wow, I would love to see the maps.

maidenroseheart

Old 08-03-2014, 02:37 PM

It is very true that they were more active. I recently read an article saying that humans today are literally sitting themselves to death. We used to be up and about a good majority of the time... 75-90% of the time. Now it is down to like 30%. The article explained that our bodies were not meant for that.

Nola

Old 08-03-2014, 02:38 PM

Yeah. Most of them had to spend their time outside because they sold in market stalls and tended farms. Very few people still do that. I am trying to get more active but rain makes it hard to get outside and ride bikes :(

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-03-2014, 02:42 PM

yep. I recently also came across to certain article about how sitting kills human.

Nola

Old 08-03-2014, 02:43 PM

<.< >.> *pushes computer chair back and stands infront of the computer instead*

maidenroseheart

Old 08-03-2014, 02:44 PM

I would love to see the maps too... but they don't make sense. Just like the amazing straight roads that went for miles and miles with no deviation (that the Romans built their solid road over) don't make sense. By the way, an uncle of mine took a class in cement. He is a builder. He said that to this day, with all our science and technology, we can't figure out how to make cement like the Romans. The Romans knew how to make it so much better than ours.

Just like the Islamic nation that took over Spain there for a time around the Crusades could do advanced eye surgery. Something lost for many years until recent history.

Just like in China, I forget where, there was an archaeology team studying a site. There was a neanderthal and a modern man laying side by side. Both carbon dated to about 4,500 years BC. They were from the same time period. And the neanderthal had advanced brain surgery and survived as evidence of the healing bones that wasn't accomplished again until the 1940s.

I love history. I majored in history. I just wish that just because something doesn't make sense, that we don't put the information in the bottom of a museum storage room. It is so fascinating. I want to learn more. Someday, we might find answers you know :)

Nola

Old 08-03-2014, 02:48 PM

I love history as well ^w^ History class was always my favorite. I love learning about how people lives what their beliefs were back then. I would love to become a history teacher of teachers got paid what they deserved. For having to put up with kids that have no respect, they should get paid more.

maidenroseheart

Old 08-03-2014, 02:54 PM

Teachers are paid really minimum. I was a teacher for 2 years. And I burned out really bad. I couldn't take it anymore. I had too many students, I have normal classes from 8:15am to 5:15pm with only 45 minute lunch break. The school asked me to teach an extra class that ended at 9:30pm (and I couldn't say no.) Then they threatened to not pay me if I didn't teach two more night classes (which I wouldn't be paid extra for) so as soon as my contract ended, I left.

It was hard. All the lessons to plan, resources and materials to get ready, the monitoring of behavior, cleaning up the classrooms (we didn't have janitors), grading, talking with parents and students about problems...

I had a student not do any homework assignments, purposefully not answer a single question on quizzes and tests, and just plain have a horrible grade. I failed him. The parents called the school and promised he would do better. My supervisor made me pass the kid with a C. Next semester, he didn't do any better and was a constant disruption. I tried everything I could think of to encourage him and instill a desire to learn. The thing is... he liked video games and wasn't going to study if he could do that instead.

Nola

Old 08-03-2014, 02:56 PM

*facepalm* That is dumb. I like video games but I understand that school is important. I mean, don't do my homework like I should but I know how important school is.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-03-2014, 03:06 PM

Maimai, I forgot, are you back in home now?

Wow, those I won't say it is pure history. Those are scientific findings. Which is more interesting.
I am in no way interested in history of how cold war happen. That is boring to me.

Nola

Old 08-03-2014, 03:13 PM

Well I am more so interesting in a branch off of history: Mythology. I love learning about Myth. I agree, couldn't care less about wars. But I love learning about mythology.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-03-2014, 03:15 PM

I am not interested in how current politician play politics, which is history in future. kinda boring.
Cold war is not as interesting as the bloody war. No, I am not pro war, it is jsut that the strategies and tactics used are very inspiring.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 08-03-2014, 05:59 PM

Myths are awesome. :D Wars are boring for the most part. Especially remembering dates.

Nola

Old 08-03-2014, 07:53 PM

Agreed. I wish my high school had a mythology class.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-03-2014, 08:41 PM

I don't want to remember dates. I am interested only with strategies, how one party outthriump the other with smart tactics!

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-03-2014, 09:20 PM

Loving the mew avatars!

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-03-2014, 09:51 PM

This avatar needs to be added to our closet!
[Dystopia]

I was gonna make a background... But lolnope.

maidenroseheart

Old 08-03-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola View Post
*facepalm* That is dumb. I like video games but I understand that school is important. I mean, don't do my homework like I should but I know how important school is.
I love your avatar by the way Nola.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
Maimai, I forgot, are you back in home now?

Wow, those I won't say it is pure history. Those are scientific findings. Which is more interesting.
I am in no way interested in history of how cold war happen. That is boring to me.
I am back home. Back in the middle of the USA. Miss lots of things about Korea, but it is nice to be back.

I love history for the anthropology side of things... as well as what a lot of different things lead to and an event resulted into many different things. Cause and Effect.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-03-2014, 09:52 PM

No background?

Nola

Old 08-03-2014, 09:53 PM

Thank you Mai ^w^

Last edited by Nola; 08-03-2014 at 10:55 PM..

maidenroseheart

Old 08-03-2014, 09:55 PM

Please, please try a different nickname *embarrassed look* Maiden or Rose or Heart, or Rosie, or maimai, or MRH... please not ... *gulps dramatically and poses to go into a swoon*... not "Maid" *proceeds to swoon*