Sammi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-14-2007, 02:27 AM

I've seen a book recommendations and favorite books thread, but no "what are you currently reading" thread... so here you go! ^^

At the moment, I'm reading The Adventures of Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass - one of my favorite books. :3 I bought both of them in one little book.

I'm not sure what I'll read next - whatever catches my interest at the book store I guess. xD

So, what are you reading? (:

Hazel Harwood
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Hazel Harwood

Old 03-14-2007, 02:29 AM

Currently I am reading Inkheart for a class summative, as well as The Chronicles of Narnia, which is also for school.

Kongouseki
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-14-2007, 02:31 AM

at the moment, i'm reading Frankenstein for school. we'll be reading two other books by the end of the school year.

lena
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to lena

Old 03-14-2007, 02:33 AM

I'm reading the Twelfth Night by Shakespeare for English. (but I don't think that counts?) xD

I just finished "A Walk To Remember" by Nicholas Spark last night, and I'm starting "The Notebook" (by him as well).
I'm also in the middle of reading HP & the OOTP for the... fifth time, maybe?
x333

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-14-2007, 02:37 AM

At the moment I'm reading Moonshine by Rob Thurman. It's a good book, the writer is very witty. I love it so far. It's the sequel to Nightlife. I have a thread about it. :)

Oddly enough I found this book by just going to the bookstore and found the cover interesting. So I read the first chapter and loved it. :)

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-14-2007, 02:42 AM

I'm currently reading Jhereg by Steven Brust...hope to finish it sometime, but I keep getting distracted by art, youtube, and online forums! But it's a fun read, very entertaining. I'm thinking of reading 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea next. I haven't read a classic in a bit and I need to!

Sammi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-14-2007, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena
I'm reading the Twelfth Night by Shakespeare for English. (but I don't think that counts?) xD
'course it counts ^^

sychobunny
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-14-2007, 03:38 AM

Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister- by Gregory Maguire (author of Wicked)

Morte
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 03-14-2007, 05:01 AM

At this moment I am reading.. A Stroke of Midnight.. Its part another series by Laurell K. Hamilton.. Its called the Meredith Gentry novels. Its an in between while I wait for the update of her other series, Anita Blake novels. :D

Lachesia
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-14-2007, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliena
I'm currently reading Jhereg by Steven Brust...hope to finish it sometime, but I keep getting distracted by art, youtube, and online forums! But it's a fun read, very entertaining. I'm thinking of reading 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea next. I haven't read a classic in a bit and I need to!
I love that series. Love it so much I've worn out my first copy. <3333 Vlad is my hero. XD

Currently, I'm reading "Lover Revealed" by J.R. Ward. Fluffy vampire fightyfight romance-y stuff, no literary value whatsoever, but a truly enjoyable read. *nod*

light
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-14-2007, 05:30 AM

Alice in Wonderland. Is crazily cute. I love it.

Neuromancer. Strange. But captivating.

Ebil
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-14-2007, 06:54 AM

I just finished Zorro by Isabel Allende and I'm going to be finishing the Virginia Andrews series I've been reading reading on and off (Logan Family Series)

Katherdante
。❛ヮ❛...

Old 03-14-2007, 08:44 AM

Currently I am between books. Forlorn and waiting for the final Harry Potter installment as well as the final Sword of Truth series installment by Terry Goodkind. D=

They are both months away and its killing me. Thinking of picking up one or both series and making my way back through it before the release of the final pieces.

Then again I really should read all these shmancy design books I have been collecting. But fantasy is just so much more page-turn-able! D=

(communication design major) ;c;

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-14-2007, 12:18 PM

Wheel of Time

Ruby_Dawn
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Ruby_Dawn Send a message via MSN to Ruby_Dawn Send a message via Yahoo to Ruby_Dawn

Old 03-14-2007, 12:23 PM

Broken wings by V.C. Andrews :)

Caramel-Filled Messiah
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-14-2007, 04:56 PM

I'm reading Night by Elie Wiesel for school right now, and I'll be starting the Messengers (I think?) by Lois Lowry once I can get my ass up to the library and check it out.

Julianna
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to Julianna

Old 03-14-2007, 05:10 PM

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. <33

i remember reading it in grade 5, long ago, and decided i wanted to read it again. ;D

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 03-14-2007, 05:49 PM

Have a Nice Day: A Tale of Blood and Sweatsocks, by Mick Foley. ^____^

It's written by one of my favorite wrestlers, the first in a series of three books. His newest just came out, but I haven't read the first two yet.

Zorayas
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-14-2007, 06:24 PM

I have the bad habbit of reading several books at a time.
I'm currently reading:

Karakter by Ferdinand Bordewijk (A dutch writer who never got his work translated I believe) for school. A well-writen book, you don't even notice that noting realy happens.

De gedichten (the poems) by Herman de Coninck. A famous Dutch poët who's work I greatly appreciate.

Rumo of Walter Moers. In engllish for a change. His "13.5 Lives of Captain Bluebear" is a book everyone should have read at least once, at least in my opinion.

Poem for the day one. A book filled with 366 English poems of all genres.

There are several other books I started reading,
but I've put them assides for a while.

lostinXgrav
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-14-2007, 08:36 PM

I am currently reading A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens =)
It's more for school than enjoyment, really, but I did start reading it over the summer, so it was more of a, "Hey, I think I'll finish it this time!" sort of thing =D Rather flouncy and interesting so far...Although I haven't gotten far enough to really know what's going on plot-wise yet xD

Cheyenne
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to Cheyenne

Old 03-15-2007, 12:44 AM

im readin a love story and its really good i cant put it down

Xanadam
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-15-2007, 01:44 AM

I am reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I'm about halfway through - it's a terrific story.

Winnsome
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Winnsome Send a message via MSN to Winnsome

Old 03-15-2007, 01:53 AM

TWELLTTHHH NIGHTTTT.

I like it better than A Midsummer Night's Dream. It's cute, and there are confusing characters (Viola/Cesario??!!) but it's just so light and fluffy, I really like it. xD

I mean, school and studying gets me a bit down at times, so this light and fluffy Shakespearean romantic comedy really keeps me up! And it's also required school reading, so it's like killing two birds with one stone, ehhe.

Caramel-Filled Messiah
⊙ω⊙
n/a

Old 03-15-2007, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanadam
I am reading American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I'm about halfway through - it's a terrific story.
That book is seriously one of the best books I've ever read. Normally, I can't re-read books, but I've read American Gods several times.

Or it could just be the fact that I'm slightly obsessed with Neil Gaiman. It's still a great book, though.

Hokuto
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Hokuto

Old 03-15-2007, 03:25 AM

The Little Prince; my favourite book. It may seem to be a book for younger readers, but it really has a strong message to it that they wouldn't understand. It's so... deep. Really, it has a lot of meaning. <3