Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-12-2016, 02:48 AM

Erik frowned at Javier and Phoenix, feeling like they both made fun of him. "Brat is not a compliment..." he finally muttered, giving in after a few seconds. The insult didn't even have much bite to it so he sunk down, glowering at everyone. "Owning it just makes you the biggest brat here and that says something." And yet he felt like Phoenix just won.

Javier managed to cool his laughter enough to pat his mate on the knee. "It's okay-!" he gasped. "I still love you."

Feeling a little dizzy by the conversation and stuck in his pose that no one noticed, Raz felt Grey's hand on his shoulder. He looked down, smiling at the other boy. The gesture only felt comforting to him and he relaxed, ruffling the other's hair. "What? We're not too wild for you are we?"

Jonah looked up, shaking his head at Grey. "Just leave it be. It's not like you can cure his idiocy."

Tavis grinned back, and just shrugged. "I don't know. Why don't you tell me?" he asked, his tone pointedly filled with challenge. A second later, he laughed. "But seriously. It's about time." He looked over at the others he'd been ignoring up until now. "After all, we at least have to beat them."

Misty chuckled at that, still unable to stop her smile. "Don't worry, they're not paying us any attention. We could probably shout we're getting married and they wouldn't notice." She flushed at her own comment, but didn't look over her shoulder to show weakness, trying to see if anyone heard. She could hear laughter after all. She should be safe. "But you know, I kinda feel the same way. I've never made a friend so quick and easy before. It's just nature, ya know."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-12-2016, 03:04 AM

"That's what you think," Phoenix tossed back, completely unphased, though he pouted when he realized that Erik wasn't really paying attention anymore. Naoko ran her hand down his arm a clear sign that she thought he should leave it be, so he sighed and stopped. At least he'd made his point.

Grey nodded, but then remembered that wasn't the reason he'd really patted Raz's arm so he shook his head. He was used to crazy even if this was on a larger scale, so he whispered, "It's just like practice, but a little worse," he murmured, "But maybe you should try to play a little nicer. Misty might try to get revenge or something if you don't."

"Well it seems to me that I always beat you, no matter how hard you try." Davvin said, voice slightly cocky, proud of himself for all the times he'd caught Tavis completely off-guard. Though it had gotten harder with them being together, as they learned one another inside out. "Oh, please, like they're even in the running." He scoffed, "Those idiots won't get their act together any time soon. No need to worry." And Davvin was certain of that. He didn't really want to go another month without being able to call Tavis his fiancé.

Jae squawked at Misty even joking about marriage, "Let's not do that. Trust me, we would regret tempting fate if you even tried. They'd be after us like bloodhounds on a scent even more than they are now. "I've made easy friends, but not ones I want to keep around and bring into this crazy mess and let see that I'm a nurse and that I mother our group maybe even more than Naoko."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-12-2016, 10:37 PM

Erik continued to glare especially with Javier's comfort, but the conversation ended without more uproar. He turned his attention to his mates, giving the rest of the group gathered a cold shoulder.

Raz tilted his head, confused but not deterred by Grey's words. "Like practice? I don't see how." Because when they worked, they were serious. Which was true, except they weren't always working even when they should.

Jonah shook his head, but winced at Grey's word, instantly looking cowed. No matter how sweet they all knew Misty to be, the girl could be fierce when in a mood and even when she wasn't, she scared the shit out of him at times. Like dancing or forcing him to socialize with weird people for what seemed like the fun of it. The girl didn't back down easy. "It's just...there was an all day Deep Space Nine marathon today!" he exclaimed, his eyes going wide with childish joy. "I really wanted to watch it!"

Tavis huffed, not backing down at that at all, even if he flushed because he knew Davvin was right. He never seemed to win their games, but in the end, he didn't mind. He usually got what he wanted anyway. Glancing over at the others, he shrugged one shoulder. "...you never know?" But he was probably right. If the trio got married before them, shame. Just shame.

Misty burned even redder at Jae's reaction. "Sorry! I didn't mean that at all!" she exclaimed. Shaking her head, she couldn't help a wry smile. "They're already way too into the idea of us. Honestly, listen to what we say why don't you. We've barely even met." No matter how good of friends they already felt. Her smile shifted to something soft again as Jae continued. "I don't doubt it though. It's easy to see you mother everyone. I feel lucky to be one of the friends you want to keep around."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-13-2016, 12:25 AM

"So grump," Elliot teased, kissing Erik's lips softly. "You're cute when you pout."

Grey shook his head at both of his friends. "You two are crazy," he muttered. "Though, and I can't believe I'm saying this, maybe not as crazy as Jae's friends."

"Well if they do manage to somehow get married before us, you have every right to berate me for the rest of our lives, but it's not going to happen." Davvin said, chuckling. He kissed Tavis lightly, just because he could, "But don't worry, I won't keep you waiting too much longer. I promise." His voice shifting to serious just briefly, the desire to reassure his mate overriding the desire to tease and compete.

"Just saying. We really don't want to add more fuel to the fire," Jae said, smirking. "You think they're bad now." Jae leaned back against the wall, "Well don't go telling just anyone that. I don't want word getting around. I've got an image to keep up." Jae chuckled slightly though, obviously teasing. "Hm. Well you should and if Raz and Jonah never see this side of me, well that's on them isn't it?" She asked, already knowing that if she got closer to the band, she'd get way too much enjoyment out of teasing those too to real be soft. "Grey, however, well he just needs a hug doesn't he?"

Last edited by Wings of Writing; 04-13-2016 at 12:36 AM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-13-2016, 01:17 AM

Erik turned, just looking at Elliot, no response worthy of that comment. If they were almost anywhere else, he might start something, but he decided against it. "Whatever. There are kids present, you know?" He glanced over those present, noticing the groups they'd clumped up in, his eyes lingering on the girls. Hhe could probably use that later.

Raz shrugged with a smile and dramatic once over of the room. He dropped into a thinking pose, nodding his head once. "Hm yeah. I'll have to agree with you there. Might as well call them a circus. All you're missing is a bear and a tiger jumping through hoops because the only tiger I see here is fake as Blueberry's hair color."

Tavis kissed his mate back, wanting to linger on the feeling, but feeling a tingle on the back of his neck like someone talked about him. "I will hold you to that, but man. Do we have fleas in here?" he asked, slapping a hand over the itch on his neck. "Or just flee like people talking shit?"

Misty held up a hand, teasing back. "Oh no. I wouldn't dream of letting your little secret out. I like it being my own little bit of knowledge, ya know." It did feel special that way, like her own special window to look at the other girl through. At the mention of her mates, she just rolled her eyes. "Yeah no, those idiots won't see anything. Well....Raz is a bit...nah." Even if he stunned her sometimes with his perceptions, it seemed to come out of nowhere like he just guessed lucky. A lot. "You're totally right on Grey though. Honestly, I wish you would find his soulmate so he could come out his shell some. I can't do that myself."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-13-2016, 02:18 AM

"Hm well, I see some of them kissing to so I don't think they mind. What do you think, Javi?" he asked turning to his other mate, trying to pull him into the conversation.

Grey shook his head, not even commenting. He didn't really have anything to say to that and was kinda starting to want to leave. Even if everyone had broken of into groups. It was a lot of people and he was starting to feel tired. He rubbed at his arm, yawning slightly.

"Ignore them," Davvin murmured, not really wanting to pull away from Tavis and knowing if he let Tavis get annoyed they would pull away. "I'd rather just keep kissing you. Though perhaps this isn't the place for that."

"Good, I knew I could trust you with it," Jae grinned, winking at Misty. She ignored the comment on Raz, but considered about Grey, "You think that would help. What if his soulmate's whose someone just like him. Or if he only opens up to just that person. I mean it's possible right?" As she thought about this, she couldn't help but thing what type of person would be a good soulmate for her, even as much as she wasn't ready. She had to wonder. Honestly, if she really let herself go there, she'd kinda always imagined someone like Misty, maybe that's why she felt like she could trust her.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-13-2016, 10:23 PM

Javier shrugged, his eyes dancing with mischief. More than the other two though, he watched the others with obvious enjoyment. "I think what Erik means is that if we start playing now, it's gonna turn not kid friendly real quick," he mused as if stated a simple face. Erik snorted in response, but didn't deny a word of it. "Besides, I'm enjoying the entertainment here. I want to enjoy you two later so quit getting ahead of yourselves."

Jonah glared at Raz, but decided he wasn't worth a comment either. Leaning over toward Grey, his face softened with a bit of a brotherly edge. He was oldest in their group, but didn't show it in such a way often. "I wonder if it's okay to leave soon. This was just a party for party's sake right? We should find Misty and..." He looked around. "Where did she go anyway?"

Tavis huffed in response. "It's definitely not the place!" he exclaimed. After a sigh, he continued in a lower voice, though still chiding him a bit. "You know I still like to keep you to myself. The rest of the world doesn't need to see what we've got."

Misty hummed. She thought about this before, but perhaps not in such detail. "That might be true, but if his soulmate is too like him, I don't think they'd get anywhere. Though that would be cute too. Grey is adorable in his own way, though I can't just go and say that to him. Is it strange that I'm sitting here daydreaming about what sort of couple he would make?" She chuckled to herself, knowing full well she sounded like a fangirl. "I figure...soulmates have to compliment your personality in the best way so that you're complete. Something that balances. Wild to grounded, chased to chaser...uh, idiot to idiot? Because I guess that's the only way that works."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-14-2016, 01:20 AM

Elliot pouted at both of them, "Fine, but you two owe me later." He really didn't have much interest in watch the others right now. At this point, it really wasn't anything different from normal to him, so he'd much rather focus his attention on his mates.

Grey nodded, "I think we could probably start leaving yeah. Misty seems pretty consumed talking to Jae. I doubt she'd even notice if we left." He responded, also in a whisper, pointing to the girls talking.

"Hm, but I like showing you off. You're too awesome not to," Davvin said, though he refrained from kissing Tavis again, though he was definitely still standing way closer than was entirely necessary, but at least behaving slightly.

"I think it's pretty normal to imagine who your friends will be with. I know I did before they all went and found their mates. Not that any of us predicted that," she said pointing to the trio. "But then who really thinks that someone is gonna have two soulmates. "But yeah, but I think you have to have some similarities too. I mean Davvin and Tavis are pretty similar for all that they show it different."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-14-2016, 01:50 AM

Erik and Javier traded looks, coming to the same conclusion. "I think we can manage that," Javier hummed as wickedness crossed over Erik's face before he covered it up again. No need to hint too much even though they all knew just what thought the duo came up with.

Jonah raised and eyebrow, but noticed what Grey spoke of. He of course, noted this before, but hadn't thought about what he saw. Raz though looked very interested even as the blue haired boy stood, smoothing out his rumpled pants. "You know, there might be some truth to what they've been saying. If you think about it, I mean. Huh, are you going?" he asked, realizing that Jonah looked at him with expectation. "Oh alright. I guess we might as well beat it..." He rolled to his feet with more energy than necessary and waved to the others.

"Yo, I think we're heading out. Nice meeting you all! We'll leave Misty behind though since she's having so much fun."

Tavis glanced over his shoulder at the interruption, raising one eyebrow as if to ask why this mattered. Though he'd probably get along fine with those guys if they weren't in the way right now. "See ya brats!" he shouted before turning to grin back at Davvin. "God, they're as bad as people like us. Noisy people are so annoying." He looped his arms loosely around Davvin's waist, just standing close and grinning. "Who's the show off here?"

Not noticing a hint of the commotion going on with the others, Misty nodded her head. "Maybe so. I probably just think those kind of thoughts more than I think is average. But weren't you the one who said you weren't interested in mates? And yet you went and thought a bunch about other peoples," she laughed. "Those guys definitely are an interesting one. I never heard of a bond between three before! But I think it's cool. My horizons have been widened or something. Aren't even the most opposites really similar sometimes though. Like pain and pleasure, fire and ice. The border between the feelings is quite close isn't it"

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-14-2016, 02:30 AM

Elliot side-eyes his mates, squinting, but decided he'd probably enjoy whatever they planned, so it wasn't worth being suspicious. Instead, he waved farewell to the band members and also noticed Phoenix and Naoko ducking out of the room. It seemed people were starting to get ready to go home, but a couple of hours had passed os that made sense.

Davvin chuckled, "Me?" he questioned, smiling slightly, "I mean rainbow hair and tattoos and all? And well I'm just so damn proud of you every second that how could I not want to show you off, huh?" he asked, trying to pull Tavis's full attention back to him, which really defeated the purpose of trying to hang out with his friends, but he didn't really care.

"Well, I mean the four of us used to stay up late and drink and talk about our marks and what we expected and try to figure out what they meant. Lots of studying of our marks. And trying to figure out why Elliot's was so complex, which we know that now." She shrugged, "And I don't want meet my mate now, but it's still fun to think about and kinda hard not to. And I want to meet them someday. And yeah I think I see what you mean."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-14-2016, 03:05 AM

Tavis ducked his head, feeling embarrassed by the words even if he tried not to. He got closer without realizing it and now remembered others stood nearby, paying attention or not. The trio were nosy as hell, not that he really cared. "You sound dumb when you say cheesy crap like that," he muttered under his breath. Though he made no move to remove his arms and really, no one paid them any attention.

Misty nodded her head, looking wistful. "I've never been like that with the band. Grey has seen mine and I've seen his and Raz's, but I guess we met later on and never felt that level of share. I've gossiped with my sister's though," she added. "All giggling and imagining every scenario like those bad chick movies. It's fun to wonder even if you don't want to grow up yet. Isn't that how we all feel? But now I'm real curious about what kind of mark you have." Before she could finish asking though, a loud voice finally shocked her out of the little world she fell into with Jae.

"Hey lover girls! Your friends are all leaving!" Javier yelled across the room, having turned his attention back to observing after settling their plans for later in private. Misty jumped and he grinned to see it, her messy single braid whipping around so he imagined he heard it. "Did you forget other people are here?" he added with a laugh and devious grin.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-15-2016, 01:26 AM

"I don't see how that is a surprise," Davvin shrugged unrepentant. He looked briefly around the room, especially hearing Javier's yell, "Oh people are starting to leave. I guess we could and get back to that kissing? Hm?" He asked, kissing Tavis's cheeks lightly as if a promise of what he planned for later.

Jae was just about to answer and show Misty her mark, it wasn't as if it was every really covered up, just not necessarily easily noticed, but right as she had moved her arm, Javier interrupted. She jumped and whipped around to glare at him once his words sunk in. "Would you stop with that!" she exclaimed, trying to search through what she had against him, "Or maybe I'll come over their and smack that smug look right off your face, huh?" She asked, knowing that trying to threaten him with anything else but violence would't really work; the man was shameless.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-15-2016, 01:38 AM

Tavis muttered under his breath, but didn't avoid the kiss to his cheek. He was well aware of the chaos beginning to reform around them even as most of the people left. Apparently it only took a couple people to make a fuss. Rolling his eyes at Davvin, he focused back in. "Sure, sure. Just not here though. Figure we might as well bail too and snuggle on our own couch which is way more comfy than here. Maybe boost your confidence so you can show me that ring sometime?"

Misty flushed as she caught sight of the yes on them as well. She didn't realize they disappeared so much into their own world. The fact that others existed here, completely forgotten. She turned in time to see Raz wave from the doorway as the others left and she hadn't even noticed that. Ducking her eyes, she couldn't meet Javier's unrepentant gaze at all.

The man didn't looked bothered much by Jae's threat, but turned toward Elliot anyway, knowing she would follow through. "Ells, did you hear that!? Jae said she's gonna hit me. Are you gonna let her do an awful thing like that?" he whined as he wrapped both arms around the other man, hiding against his side like anyone bought this ridiculous act.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-15-2016, 01:52 AM

"I like the way you think," Davvin said, he observed the chaos before shouting a quick, "We're leaving too," and pulling Tavis toward the door, really not at all considered with whatever mess Javi and Jae were causing. "And what are you gonna do to do that, huh?" he asked, raising an eyebrow, "How do you know I just haven't found the right moment yet?"

Elliot looked down at Javier, chuckling, "And you want me to defend you? Didn't I tell you not to mess with Jae? She knows all our weaknesses and isn't afraid to use them. You just unlucky that your weakness happens to be violence since nothing else bothers you." His voice sounded slightly like he was talking to a child, but mostly it was just found.

Jae shook her fist at Javier, reminding him that if he said anything else she really would smack him upside the head. "Ugh, I hate that's the only way to cow him," she muttered slightly to Misty. "He can be so obnoxious too. It's a miracle I haven't smacked him upside the head more."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-15-2016, 02:05 AM

Tavis chuckled under his breath as they headed for the door too. He didn't think he really needed to do anything. Just being him aught to be enough. "Well, I could create a right moment if you'd like?" he said before they left the studio, turning around at the ladder to grin at Davvin, the hint of challenge back in his eyes.

Javier huffed and pulled back the second he realized his ploy wouldn't work. "She's your friend and your going to let her hit me? Some mate you are," he grumbled, no hint of the play at cuteness on his face. Instead, he just looked put out. The truth was though, he wasn't that weak to violence. Erik smacked him all the time growing up and tended to do so with more force than necessary. Javier returned the favor and knew Erik ended up the worst from it. He had other ways to rile him up though, much more fun than hitting. Javier just let them have their fun since the only way to really mess with him was through his mates.

Misty shook her head at them, baffled but still flustered. "I'm sorry. I didn't think we'd get so lost talking like that. We're just encouraging them aren't we?" she asked.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-15-2016, 02:21 AM

"Well I guess you could try," Davvin commented, "But wouldn't that feel artificial then?" he asked. He really did have an idea in mind though, taking them back to one of the more special places from when they first mated, "But I promise. I won't keep you waiting any longer. Well not much."

"And yet, you're words don't bother me, go whine to Erik, maybe you'll have more luck," Elliot said, even as he was running his fingers through Javi's hair. Not really a comforting gesture, but still there as if to say calm down.

Jae chuckled, "Yeah I guess we are. We'll prove them wrong or whatever though. Or I'll just start messing with them until they all drop it altogether."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-15-2016, 02:35 AM

Tavis shrugged. "Well, if you say so. I guess that's enough." At least for today since all he needed was his mate by his side.

Javier frowned then turned to Erik. He didn't open his mouth before the other male snorted. "No." No reason, no room for argument. Javier turned away with a pout on his face.

"Fine then. Maybe I'll bail on that fun we were planning for later," he scoffed. Honestly, these mates of his had no hearts.

Misty chuckled back. "Maybe so. We should probably head out before they say anything more though. Need me to help clean up the food or something?" She felt like she should offer though they might also give their watchers some ideas. Though at this point, everything did.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-15-2016, 02:39 AM

"I definitely say so," Davvin grinned, happy.

Elliot made a face at Javier, unbelieving, "Yeah, right." he snorted, "Cuz you'll totally be able to resist it with me and Erik having fun with out us. Like you could even try." He knew that Javier wouldn't for a second back that up. He liked to talk big, but really his actions were often more important, something Elliot had learned quite fast about the other male.

"Just help me carry some of it too my car. I'm leaving most of it here for Elliot to take home, so it's not much, but yeah, let's head out." Jae moved towards the table, mostly just grabbing food bowls she's brought from home and not the plastic containers from the restaurant, "Bye guys, you three enjoy the rest of your evening."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-15-2016, 09:58 PM

Javier sighed. Too bad they knew him so well. "Maaaybe," he whined, but left it at that. He happened to like having fun with those two and being left out was not something to dealt with well. So of course he'd never willingly do that to himself. Erik smirked back and patted him on the leg. "It's alright. We'll make it worth while." He smiled back at that. Well, at least he'd get something worth while.

Misty grabbed what Jae hadn't and smiled at the trio, waving with fingers as she had her hands full. "Yeah. We're heading out, but it's been real nice. We should do this again, but like...not for a while. A long while," she chuckled. This was probably more than enough chaos for a short time. Still, it was exactly the fun she thought it would turn out as. As they headed out the door, Misty turned back to Jae. "But as fun as that was, next time, let's just hang out the two of us."

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-16-2016, 01:59 AM

Jae smiled and nodded as they placed all the stuff in her car, "Sure, that actually sounds like a brilliant idea. Way away from the capabilities for teasing. We could meet at one of our apartment's maybe?" she asked, "And figure out time and day at a later point?" She stood up once everything was in the car, wiping her forehead, "Thanks for helping, and even next time you do hang out with all of them, well, I'll whip them into shape or something."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-16-2016, 02:12 AM

Whipping her hands together after they finished putting away the bowls, Misty nodded her head. After a day like this, she felt exhausted, but in a good way, and she was only just now starting to realize it. This called for a bath tonight and a long rock out session on Rock Band. She didn't think they let hours pass in the studio, but the low glare of the sun as it neared sunset said so. "No problem. We can text later, kay? And I mean, we can text whenever too," she added. "But I'll see you later. It's been fun!" She waved with a bright smile before turning to her car. Letting out a long sigh, she unlocked it and just sat there for a second, cooling her head. But she meant it. It had been fun. She just needed to put her head on straight now and she'd be right off again.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-16-2016, 02:26 AM

Jae waved a quick farewell to Misty, smiling vaguely, before heading home to shower and get ready for her work shift the next day. By the time she got home, she was really just ready to shower and sleep the day having worn her out, so she did just that.

Over the next week, her and Misty texted often, just idol thoughts throughout the day, whining about their respective jobs where they could. Just typical stuff and not anything like what they had discussed at the part or near as stressful. They eventually decided to hangout that Saturday afternoon at Jae's apartment. So Saturday morning, Jae woke up cleaned the place and mostly just relaxed until Misty got there.

She was sitting on the couch when there was a knock at the door, and she moved to open it, smiling when she saw Misty there, "Hey!" she greeted, "Come on in."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-16-2016, 02:36 AM

The days passed by so fast that Misty didn't even know they happened. Was it that she looked forward to Saturday the second they set that date? Despite being a wannabe rockstar, her life was surprisingly mundane. Lately, it just seemed too much coffee shop and not enough rock. But the band practiced on Sunday so she could look forward to that. She hadn't seen those guys since the huge meet up and she still needed to hang out with Grey at some point.

After knocking on the door, she found Jae smiling at her. Misty returned the smile and almost leaned forward to hug the other girl, but decided against it at the last second. "Hey, hey," she greeted as she followed Jae inside. "So this is your place? Thanks for inviting me over. I know I'm pretty late, but I worked until ten this morning." It wasn't much after that since all she did was go home, step under the shower water for a second, and change. She felt more than ready to relax now.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 04-16-2016, 03:05 AM

"It's really not a problem, it gave me time to clean my apartment. It needed it a little bit. I don't always have time during the week with work and how exhausting it can be, sometimes, even eating seems like to much effort." She lead Misty toward the living room, "Want anything to drink or eat. I've got a good variety of things, and if you're hungry we could cook something or just have like chips and salsa or something."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-16-2016, 03:33 AM

"Chips and some water sounds good," Misty hummed, rubbing her stomach. "I have to admit, I haven't had much today besides banana bread and coffee...and well, that little bit of chocolate pecan cluster that a customer gave me." She smiled at that, remembering the highlight of her day. Looking around the room, she nodded her head before finding a seat in a chair, curling up sideways in the chair, for once not wearing a skirt so she could manage it. Her cutesy rocker tee had a low neckline that showed off the firecracker mark at her collar which really seemed to complete the look. It was all quite casual and comfortable, perfect for hanging out with friends. "So how has your day been?"