Silenia
Goddess of Silly Creepiness, Que...

Old 02-21-2015, 02:31 AM

Welcome to
At the End of The Rainbow III

Introduction
Welcome to the third incarnation of At the End of the Rainbow, a Menewshan charity with history going back to February 08--albeit with several interruptions along the way.

The previous thread, v.2, was locked due to sudden and unexpected inactivity from my side which ended up lasting slightly over two years. With permission from staff, I have decided to reopen the charity in a new thread.

This charity caters to newbies, veterans and everyone in between. Everyone who is willing to follow Menewsha's rules and the rules of this thread is welcome here. You should all hopefully be familiar with Menewsha's rules; the rules of this thread can be found slightly further down this post. They should not be all that hard to follow.

Sadly, I once again need to add the same message I also had to add to the previous thread:
Due to my sudden disappearance, there may be unfinished business from my side in regards to the previous thread and you. If you feel this is the case, please let me know.

Rules
As I said before, these rules are not that hard. While I certainly understand making mistakes, it is important to me that you try to follow them.

Beyond the Mene ToS and Rules, the following rules are in place in this thread:
  • Be friendly or at least polite to me AND my regulars, as well as to people that are new here. You don't have to like everyone, but don't start or re-start fights here.
  • Don’t complain if you don’t immediately get something. The longer you hang around here, the larger the chances of being given something are.
  • Don't start drama. Don't prolong existing drama. Don't get drawn INTO drama.
  • If I tell you to stop doing something right now, do so. If you want an explanation, PM me. If I tell you to immediately stop, there is a reason and it's not always one to be shared with the whole thread.
  • If you want to join or applicate for anything specific, be it a game, contest, raffle, newbie packet or anything else, carefully read the rules and requirements of those, and follow them. Especially when it comes to which account to send something to.

Index

Post 1: Introduction & Rules <= You are here now.
Post 2: About this Charity
Post 3: About Me and My Accounts
Post 4: News
Post 5: Welcome Packets
Post 6: A Quester A Week
Post 7: A Helping Hand Under Construction
Post 8: Contests and Games Under Construction.
Post 9: Luck-based Under Construction.
Posts 10-13: Reserved

Last edited by Silenia; 02-24-2015 at 01:28 AM..

Silenia

Old 02-21-2015, 02:32 AM

About this Charity

Most things will remain the same as they were the previous two times around. After all, if I intended to work from a wholly different concept, I would not have named this thread At the End of the Rainbow III but rather "Newfangled Charity" or such. However, some things may change or take a while for me to start back up. For those of you who are familiar with my old charity threads, this post will probably contain little to no new information.

For first-time visitors as well as people who have only sparingly visited in the past, the below overview may be useful:
  • Rainbow Newbie Welcoming Packets.
    Joined recently and want some clothes to get started? For that, take a look at post five. Click on the link I just gave you, or scroll down, then read the requirements. All requirements and instructions for applying can be found there.
    I reserve the right to not give out such a packet for whatever reason, though such things will usually only happen if you do not actually meet the requirements; if you have behaved in such a way as to be barred from my thread or if my charity’s funds are extremely low.
  • Contests and Games
    I will also host a contest or game once in a while. There are multiple kinds of contests and games, which are listed here below.
    First there are the smaller, impromptu games – such as my trivia games, or the “first to quote this post”-games – which will not be listed in the contest post--addlinkwhendone,'k?. If you are around when I decide to host one, you can just jump in unless I actively state otherwise. There generally are no preset requirements, other than an ability to follow Menewsha's and this thread's rules, nor are there entry fees for such games and contests.
    Beyond that, there are the larger games and contests. These include things like art- and avatar-contests and are listed the contest post. These may have preset requirements and entry-fees, though they not always do.
  • Luck-based: lotteries, raffles and pageprizes
    Although they could be seen as games and contests, raffles and lotteries get a separate post in this incarnation of At the End of the Rainbow.Add link when done. The exact details differ from raffle to raffle, so if you want to know what if anything is ongoing, take a look at the above-linked post.
    There are also pageprizes. They usually take the form of “first person on page ... gets ...”, but it can also be something like “the first five” or “the ninth”, etc. Pageprizes can come in a variety of forms: gold, items, art, tickets to a lottery or raffle, to name just a few. They can usually be found in the subject line, but if a pageprize is still quite a while ahead, I might also add it to the Luck-Based Post.
  • Random Donations
    Once in a while, I see someone posting and I just decide to donate to them. This can be from charity or personal funds. It might be to help with a quest, it might be because I saw them help others around, or because of something else they did that I can appreciate. As has been said, it is random. There is no way to apply for them, or specific requirements to follow.
  • A Quester a Week and A Helping Hand
    So you are questing, and you could use some help? You’re not too great at any of the games and contests I offer, perhaps, and have been around too long to apply for a Newbie Welcoming Packet?
    I might be of help. Look at A Quester A Week, which can be found in post six for the details, requirements and all.
    Ah, but maybe you're not applying for yourself? You know someone who could use some help, who deserves a bit of kindness and donations? In that case, look for the A Helping Hand post--add link soon, where you can nominate someone else for a donation.

||Introduction and Rules|About this Charity|About Me and My Accounts|News|Welcome Packets|A Quester A Week|A Helping Hand|Contests & Games|Luck|Reservedx4||

Last edited by Silenia; 02-24-2015 at 01:34 AM..

Mule of Silenia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-21-2015, 02:32 AM

About Me and My Accounts

Hello there. I am Silenia, posting from my mule. I am also known by a fair share of other nicknames, including but not limited to Sil, Silly, Selly, Lenia and Nia. Feel free to address me however you like, as long as it is not intended as insulting (and no, I do not consider Silly insulting, I am pretty silly, after all), not unnecessarily confusing and I can tell you’re speaking to me.

I am the hostess of this thread, as I dare assume that by now you've all noticed. I am in my twenties, female and Dutch, although the online times I keep are much closer to east-coast USA due to a nocturnal sleeping pattern.

My personal mule is Mule of Silenia--the account from which I post this. My main is quite obviously Silenia. My (staff-approved) charity mule is At the End of the Rainbow which is, as you may have guessed, named after this charity.
If you see any of these accounts around, or get a donation or trade request from them, it’s me.

Due to being my charity mule, At the End of the Rainbow holds my charity funds.
This does not mean that none of my personal funds can be used for the charity, but it does mean that I cannot use my charity funds for personal reasons.

If you want to donate to my charity, send the donation to At the End of the Rainbow, please.
If you want to donate to me/my personal funds, or want to leave it up to me whether I want to use it for my own quests or charity, send it to Silenia or Mule of Silenia.

||Introduction and Rules|About this Charity|About Me and My Accounts|News|Welcome Packets|A Quester A Week|A Helping Hand|Contests & Games|Luck|Reservedx4||

Last edited by Mule of Silenia; 02-24-2015 at 01:29 AM..

Mule of Silenia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-21-2015, 02:34 AM

Updates, News & Announcements

20th/21st of February, 2015: New thread opened!

Event hangout - Val 15 news:
Now caught up with exception of Zyne's event common prize from the Hearts Game. Zyne, let me know which common you'd like. =)
EDIT: Common chosen--Riot Pants - Mina. Will be sent your way as soon as the commons have been added to the normal stores.

Last edited by Mule of Silenia; 02-25-2015 at 08:24 PM..

At the End of the Rainbow
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-21-2015, 02:34 AM

Newbie Rainbow Welcome Packets
New at Mene - or never been active before - and in need of some clothes? This is the place for you.

Please read the requirements and instructions thoroughly.
Incorrect or incomplete forms, forms sent to the wrong account or forms by people who do not qualify result in a fair bit of extra work for me and may not be honoured.

Requirements:
  1. You have been active for less than a month.
  2. You have less than 5000 gold on main, mule or combined.
  3. You do not possess any very expensive items, such as Valentine 2007 Event Items, Menewshan Crowns, etc. If in doubt, ask first.
  4. You have made more than 5 and less than 500 posts site-wide, of which at least one (1) post has been in this thread.

You fulfil all four requirements? Nice. You can apply for a Newbie Rainbow Welcome Packet with some basic clothes! Read the text below for the exact instructions.

Intructions:

Send a PM with the following form, both parts completed, to At the End of the Rainbow, clearly stating in the PM's subject line in some form that you’re applying for a Newbie Packet.

Application Form:

Username: Your username at Menewsha
Mule's Username: ONLY if you have a mule
Date of Joining Menewsha: if over a month ago, please also give an estimate of when you became active. The registration-date can be found on your profile
Amount of Posts made: you can find this on your profile too; if you've been posting on main and mule, please give the postcount for both
Amount of Gold: if your gold is spread over two accounts, please give the combined amount. Only apply if you have less than 5k, please. Feel free to round to the nearest 100

ALSO FILL IN THE FOLLOWING:

Avatar's gender: Need to know this because singlets and stockings come both as male and as female items and I don't want to send you an item you can't wear.
Shorts or Skirt: Pick one, please. Both can be worn by male and female avatars alike.
Socks or Stockings: Pick one, please.

Colour-choices:
For each of the items listed, you should pick ONE colour only. Different colours for different items are fine.

Singlet: Red, Orange, Yellow, Light Green, Sea Green, Dark Green, Turquoise, Blue, Dark Blue, Lavender, Pink, Purple, Black or White.
Shorts/Skirt: Red, Brown, Orange, Yellow, Light Green, Sea Green, Dark Green, Turquoise, Blue, Dark Blue, Lavender, Pink, Purple, Black or White.
Stockings/Socks:
  • Stockings: Red, Orange, Yellow, Light Green, Sea Green, Dark Green, Turquoise, Blue, Dark Blue, Lavender, Pink, Purple, Black or White.
  • Socks: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Pink, Purple, Black or White

Please double-check if you've filled out everything before sending.

Last edited by At the End of the Rainbow; 02-24-2015 at 01:30 AM..

\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-21-2015, 02:35 AM

A Quester A Week
You are questing, but could use some help? You’re not new enough for the Newbie Packets anymore? Apply here. Once a week I’ll pick one of those that applied by a randomizer and help them a bit.

Please read the requirements and instructions thoroughly.
Incorrect or incomplete forms, forms sent to the wrong account or forms by people who do not qualify can result in a fair bit of extra work for me to correct and thus may be not taken into consideration.

Every week, I will draw one winner of A Quester A Week. This will normally be done during the weekend. The winner is drawn by means of randomizer.org; I number the applications for questing-help by the order they were received in.

You can send in an application at any time; all correctly-filled applications sent in to At the End of the Rainbow up until and including Friday will be counted for that weekend's draw; every application coming in during the weekend--even if before the drawing has taken place--will be added to the next week's draw-list.

The exact form in which my quest-help comes will vary from week to week, depending on--among other things--my charity's funds; the progress already made on your quest; the total worth of your quest and my charity's inventory. At the utter minimum, the help given will be 1000g or the amount still needed to finish the quest, depending on which is the lowest.

As the title says, you must have a quest to actually apply for questing help. Getting to a specific amount of gold on hand with no particular purpose for it does not count. The sole exception to this is charity mules applying on behalf of their charity; unless otherwise stated, their quest shall be presumed to be "increasing the charity's funds and/or inventory".

This has quite a few more requirements than you might be used to from me. The reason for that is that I want to make sure I help people who are serious about their quest and about Menewsha; who are not going to disappear immediately or turn around and spend the gold they got on a different item.

Requirements:
  • The account you're applying from must be your main account or a staff-approved charity muleIf applying on behalf of your charity and I ask that you do not apply for a personal quest during the same round and will require the names of your personal accounts to double-check.
  • Your account is over a month old and has at least 100 posts site-wide. As stated above, I like to make sure the user that gains my help has shown at least some dedication towards Menewsha
  • You have made at least five (5) posts in this charity before applying.
  • You do not expect your quest to be finished, or close to finished, before the upcoming draw. Close to finished in this case meaning 'less than 500g from my goal' for quests below 10k and 'less than 1k to go' for quests above.
  • You have made at least some effort towards reaching your goals. No hard-and-fast guidelines here, but please don't apply for, say, quest-help on a Pure Love Boa with a progress made of 50g.
  • Your quest has a total worth of above 1000g.
  • You are not questing for pure gold without any specific plans for what to spend it on (be it art or items). As stated above, an exception is made for charity mules.
  • You’re not applying on behalf of anotherSuch applications should go to A Helping Hand--add link to post. If you are questing for something specific for another, it is okay to apply for A Quester A Week, however--it is still YOUR quest. Basically, “I am questing to get A. those Bee Slippers they love” is okay. “Please donate to A. as they are questing for Bee Slippers” is not.
  • You haven't won A Quester A Week one of the previous three draws; nor have you won a prize of or of equal worth to 1.5k or above in this charity during the previous seven (7) days; nor have you received a (random or otherwise) donation of similar worth from At the End of the Rainbow during the previous seven (7) days.I want to give anyone a fair chance at winning something, after all.
NOTE: Please do not apply if you do not want it known that you applied (and, if you win, what quest you applied for), as I will give a full list of people who applied at every draw.

Instructions:
Send a PM with the following form filled out correctly and completely to At the End of the Rainbow, clearly stating in the PM's subject line in some form that you are applying for A Quester A Week.

Application Form

Username: If applying as charity, charity mule's username here, please
Mule's Username: ONLY if you have a mule; if you are applying on behalf of your charity, please note down your personal account(s) here.
Registration-date at Menewsha: Must be at least a month ago
Amount of Posts made: If you need the posts made on your mule to reach at the 100 posts minimum, please give your mule's post-count as well
Your Quest: if you have a quest-thread, link to it, please
Progress made:

Winners of the previous three draws:
There have been no draws yet.

Last edited by At the End of the Rainbow; 02-24-2015 at 01:30 AM..

\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-21-2015, 02:35 AM

RESERVED, NO POSTING - CHARITY MULE POST 3
---
A Helping Hand will go here.

Last edited by At the End of the Rainbow; 02-22-2015 at 06:24 AM..

\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-21-2015, 02:36 AM

RESERVED, NO POSTING - CHARITY MULE POST 4
---
Contests will go here.

Last edited by At the End of the Rainbow; 02-22-2015 at 06:25 AM..

\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-21-2015, 02:36 AM

RESERVED, NO POSTING - CHARITY MULE POST 5
--
Luck-based stuff will go here.

Last edited by At the End of the Rainbow; 02-22-2015 at 06:25 AM..

Silenia

Old 02-21-2015, 02:37 AM

RESERVING A POST.

Mule of Silenia
(っ◕‿◕)&...

ANOTHER RESERVED POST.

Silenia

JUST IN CASE NECESSARY 1/2

Silenia

Old 02-21-2015, 02:38 AM

JUST IN CASE NECESSARY 2/2

Last edited by Silenia; 02-21-2015 at 02:40 AM..

Silenia

Old 02-21-2015, 02:40 AM

Alright, now setting up things beyond post one.

Unfinished business from event thread--Charity raffle's cancellation due to not reaching minimum tickets sold; Hearts Game prizes--will be posted in this thread as soon as I'm done setting things up.

You folks can now post while I finish up copy-pasting the right stuff into the right posts.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-21-2015, 02:42 AM

8U /hug.

Silenia

Old 02-21-2015, 02:44 AM

Hey Dys. <3

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-21-2015, 02:45 AM

Hey Sils. I wanted first post and I got it. 8D

Silenia

Old 02-21-2015, 02:46 AM

Yesh, Dys got it. -nod-

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-21-2015, 02:47 AM

:D Hooray!

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 02-21-2015, 02:55 AM

Well, I'm taking the 20th post. =3

Silenia

Old 02-21-2015, 02:56 AM

Hey Liz!
Dys, hooray for you! :P

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 02-21-2015, 02:57 AM

Hey, hey. *snuggles*

BoomieUmi
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-21-2015, 02:58 AM

*poofs in* hiiiiiiiii

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 02-21-2015, 03:00 AM

And a wild Boomie has appeared! Quick, toss a Pokeball!

BoomieUmi
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-21-2015, 03:01 AM

*hides* no! I must run free!