CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2014, 01:56 AM

Of course I draw original characters. xD They're fun! I'll draw just about everything, though robots, really gross/scary things/and super macho muscle men are things I'm not so great at. xD Will still try, but yeah. xD OH. And Love Crusher was one of the items I wanted, but couldn't remember what it was called. xD So that'd work for me if it works for you. xD

Also, if anyone has a moment, if they could check out this thread I made and give thoughts, that'd be great. xD
Help me work on the "Menewsha 30 Day Art Challenge" lists?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 08-05-2014, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Of course I draw original characters. xD They're fun! I'll draw just about everything, though robots, really gross/scary things/and super macho muscle men are things I'm not so great at. xD Will still try, but yeah. xD OH. And Love Crusher was one of the items I wanted, but couldn't remember what it was called. xD So that'd work for me if it works for you. xD

Also, if anyone has a moment, if they could check out this thread I made and give thoughts, that'd be great. xD
Awesome :) I love avvie art but when I change my avatar I usually don't wear the same outfit again XD So then the avvie art is almost useless XDDD

But I looooooove OC art :P

Anyway - I have a request here with four of my OCs: http://www.menewsha.com/forum/art/ar...uest-open.html

I don't really care who gets drawn. So you can take your pick :P

I'll start the trade for the love crusher!!!! I'm super excited! After all this time, I forgot you were an artist D: But your art is so lovely!!!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2014, 02:12 AM

I pretty much make my avatars into reoccurring characters with the same hair/features, so I like it just fine that way (CeeKay, my mule (nicknamed Blade), and now "Kage-chan", my current shadow self. xD), but I'm not as attached to my avatar-characters as I am my real OCs. xD

Tsuki Kaminari looks like fun! I'm going to ask to clarify - does she have one wing left (which one is it?) or is it one pair of wings? Because in one place it says "her final wing" and in another it says "one pair of wings". xD Don't want to get it wrong. :3 I had trouble deciding which character to draw - they all looked like fun. xD

And, yeah. xD It's been awhile. Hehehe. :3 Thank you very much. xD

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 08-05-2014, 02:20 AM

Quote:
I pretty much make my avatars into reoccurring characters with the same hair/features, so I like it just fine that way (CeeKay, my mule (nicknamed Blade), and now "Kage-chan", my current shadow self. xD), but I'm not as attached to my avatar-characters as I am my real OCs. xD

Tsuki Kaminari looks like fun! I'm going to ask to clarify - does she have one wing left (which one is it?) or is it one pair of wings? Because in one place it says "her final wing" and in another it says "one pair of wings". xD Don't want to get it wrong. :3 I had trouble deciding which character to draw - they all looked like fun. xD

And, yeah. xD It's been awhile. Hehehe. :3 Thank you very much. xD
Well Tsuki at one point had two wings. In the story, she was found guilty of falling in love with a devil. So her punishment was to have her wings removed which would erase her memory as she fell to Earth to become mortal. However, she escaped with one wing (she had help)...and while she still lost her memory, she still has the ability of getting back into heaven. (And since she didn't actually fall in love with a devil, her best friend did, and she was taking the blame, she kind of deserves to get back into heaven lmao).

As for which wing she has left...the picture that is her .... gallery picture (the main one) was the first image I drew of her - so that's the most accurate one :) So she has her left wing....her right wing was taken. D:

haha I used to keep my avatar the same character...OC named Maria Minamino who was me in OC form XD She was created as a Yu Yu Hakusho OC and just kind of became me! But then I joined project mene for the first time as a contestant in 2012 and it forced me to use hair other than red and eyes other than green XD And I haven't looked back since!

Hadsvich
Maneki Neko Beckons

Penpal

Old 08-05-2014, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK
Oops. I forgot to take the Wings of Inequity off. Dystopia offered them. >_<; I'll still accept them, though! But if you're willing to trade for anything else on my list, that'd be even better.

Also, Illian looks fun to draw. x3 Looking forward to it!
Oh! Then I can offer Living Doll instead~ x'3
I'm glad he interest you~ > u< Looking forward to seeing your version of him~ <3

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2014, 02:34 AM

Yeah - I think Project Mene did that to me a bit too when I was a contestant. xD (I don't remember when it was. For all I remember, we might have been in the same one. xD; BLURRY MEMORIES YAY.)

At least I am not crazy, though! Because I remembered you as having a red-headed "character" avatar too. I'm glad I wasn't confusing you with someone else. (I was PRETTY SURE I was right, though. xD)

---------- Post added 08-04-2014 at 09:34 PM ----------

Ieee - Living Doll! Thank you! YOU are a living doll! 8D

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 08-05-2014, 02:43 AM

You're welcome CK.

Aww...I missed the last slot opening up. >.<
Maybe I get pretty artsu later.

---------- Post added 08-04-2014 at 10:47 PM ----------

Quote:

This 30 Day Art Challenge sounds fun. I really need to work on my art skills.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2014, 02:54 AM

I'd say I'd add you in, but then I'd have to start adding in anyone who asked, I guess. xD I'll ping you if I decide to do anymore, though, and give you an option to add yourself to the list if I do. :3

Awesome! It'd be great to do it sometime and have others play too. I need to finish my Monster Girl Challenge first. xD

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 08-05-2014, 04:25 AM

It's alright. That would be great if you could CK.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-05-2014, 04:32 AM

:U I don't really have avatar-characters. I'm not that attached to my avatars, which is why I don't get avatar art. xD

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 08-05-2014, 05:51 AM

some Seito-san art is paid for,
all you have to do is pop in and fill out a cupcake form

thank you for everything you do for us, CK

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-05-2014, 07:41 AM

*dances through the thread* <33

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2014, 08:22 AM

I'm so jealous of people who can draw. It kind of blows my mind that you can do dynamic poses without refs. It shouldn't really, I mean I've watched people draw, especially Iro's live stream (that's so much fun!). but I still struggle to wrap my head around it. ><

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblackrose View Post
It's alright. That would be great if you could CK.
Absolutely. :3 If not, I'll try to remember for next event. Or just remind me if I open an art shop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

some Seito-san art is paid for,
all you have to do is pop in and fill out a cupcake form

thank you for everything you do for us, CK
Oh - you are lovely, hummy! Thank you! Of course, I haven't done anything here in two years, so I feel guilty about accepting. Are you sure you wouldn't rather give it to someone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
I'm so jealous of people who can draw. It kind of blows my mind that you can do dynamic poses without refs. It shouldn't really, I mean I've watched people draw, especially Iro's live stream (that's so much fun!). but I still struggle to wrap my head around it. ><
It's partly practice, partly study, and partly a lot of erasing. xD I think anyone could do it as long as they put in the time and effort. I've seen some artists shoot up out of nowhere. There was this post on Tumblr awhile back comparing peoples' art about a year apart and some of them were shocking with how much they improved. (I really appreciate the compliment, I'm just saying someone sufficiently determined can do it too. xD)

Seito:
I miiight have gone a bit overboard. Sorry for taking so long. xD;

Link in case it breaks: The Empress Hotaru Seito

I AM SO HUNGRY. ::RUNS AWAY TO FEED FACE::

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 08-05-2014, 09:05 AM

*JAW DROPS*

I AM VERY GLAD I DIDN'T LEAVE THE COMPUTER FIVE MINUTES EARLIER!

*SPAZZES* I-I-I CK SHE'S SO BEAUTIFUL! IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT! :OOO

And no go fill out form now. Consider it free of charge too. (I got it hummy!)

*squeal* <333

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2014, 09:07 AM

Naw. xD Yay! I'm glad you like it!

Here - in case you want it without the background too. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...psf79c8bbd.jpg It looked so empty without something there. @_@

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 08-05-2014, 10:31 AM

/skips around through the thread

Hi-ya, CK. Nice to see you out and about. Love your art!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2014, 11:58 AM

Hey Seridano! How are you? :3

Thank you - and also, thank you. xD

Dystopia:

Is this good?

re: Hads and Maria - Trying to get yours sketched up before I sleep, but might not scan. Should have them up pretty quickly [s]tomorrow[/s] tonight.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-05-2014, 12:18 PM

CKK, you must tell me what motivates you to work fast. XD

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 08-05-2014, 12:20 PM

Whoa - the one for Seito is beautiful! And the Phoenix for Anna is looking lovely so far!!!

Yeah - you weren't mistaken with my redheadedness. I'm a redhead in real life - so it was kind of my trademark for the longest time XD

And actually - for that cycle of PM - you were a judge I believe :P XD

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-05-2014, 12:22 PM

I wonder what CKK do for living.. *ninja*

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
CKK, you must tell me what motivates you to work fast. XD
Paranoia in this case. xD; I'm not sure how often I'll be on Mene after the event ends and I don't want to leave anyone hanging. I'm better about remembering if I owe someone something now that I use Wunderlist, but I don't want to risk anything. x_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
Whoa - the one for Seito is beautiful! And the Phoenix for Anna is looking lovely so far!!!

Yeah - you weren't mistaken with my redheadedness. I'm a redhead in real life - so it was kind of my trademark for the longest time XD

And actually - for that cycle of PM - you were a judge I believe :P XD
Thank you very much. xD They're really fun. :3 These commissions here have pushed me in a different way than usual.

I have aspirations to being a redhead. xD My hair can be reddish in the right light and for a few years was reddish in most lights. But now, it's easier to be a redhead with a bottle. :c I don't get out in the sun enough lately.

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. >_> I hope that wasn't the one I dipped out on. I'd feel even worse about that than I already do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuvrette View Post
I wonder what CKK do for living.. *ninja*
Hahha. xD I write! And I guess you could say "I draw". Between the writing, occasional commission, and Patreon, I guess you could call it a living. xD

Hadsvich:
Illian?

I'm not sure if Illian has a bellybutton or anything. xD; Feel free to mention anything you'd like tweaked.

Maria - I think I'm going to crash now. It's 9:30am and if I want to be awake before dinner, I'd better go soon. xD Will probably sketch yours first before starting coloring on anything.

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-05-2014, 02:19 PM

You established yourself well, CKK.
That is like you are your own boss style...
What is... wunderlist?

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 08-05-2014, 02:27 PM

CK - Actually I think that was the one XDDD Sorry, don't mean to bring up bad memories if there are any associated with that D: XDDD I won the cycle though :D XDDDD :) I was super proud lmao XD

I see so many redheads these days and I'm like, "Are you real or fake?" XDDDD My hair used to be like carrot top hair - super super red. Then I moved to Florida and the sun added some blond highlights...so it's this lovely shade of red :) :D Still red but with some highlighting - so I'm not a strawberry blonde because that's more blonde than red....I guess I'm like a blonde strawberry? D: XD

And that's fine! You need sleep!!! Your health is more important that a piece of art for me :) <33333

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2014, 02:30 PM

Thank you. :3 Yeah. I'm not able to throw money around, but I can buy things for myself and not feel guilty about it, so that's nice. xD

Wunderlist (.com) is a site you can use to keep your own to-do list on. :3 It'll email you reminders if you ask it to, or say something's a daily or weekly or whatever task. Very handy!

Okay, bedtime for real now. Niece-monsters are going down for their naps and I should be able to fall asleep that way. @_@

---------- Post added 08-05-2014 at 09:32 AM ----------

D:

Congratulations!! xD Belatedly. >_>

But no worries. I just feel terrible about it, it's not actively traumatizing because as far as I can tell, no one got mad. o.o Wish I'd seen it through, though. I always did love PM.

Your hair sounds so pretty. I am jealous. xD

::zooms for REALLY real::