Kiari
XD

Old 12-24-2012, 06:47 AM

Sweet, thanks Linnea!! Still might fiddle with my look before submitting though. XD

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-24-2012, 06:56 AM

i didn't mean to make it so tricky lol

---------- Post added 12-24-2012 at 01:57 AM ----------

no prob, kiari!

Death_to_the_reaper
I'm alive. Message me if you rem...

Old 12-24-2012, 07:41 AM

Holiday Colors Entry Form
Username: Death_to_the_reaper
Image of My Entry:

How the Grinch Stole the Avatar Contest!
Username: Death_to_the_reaper
Image of My Entry:
Reference picture:
How you made the Grinch miserable: Even though the Grinch returned Christmas, he still had some haters. One day atop of his mountain, he was surprised a group of teens who disliked the Grinch being green. They waited real quietly as he walked on by then yelled, "Hey, Green Guy!" The Grinch looked up before looking down as a wave of red paint came crashing down. The teens started to run but before they could, the Grinch pulled out a gun. He fired shots at them but missed, which he wouldn't have done if he wasn't so pissed.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-24-2012, 08:58 AM

Username: Antagonist
Image of My Entry:

"Pssst, hey kid! Yeah, you over there. Now, I know I haven't exactly been around for the past few ye- ...Wait, what do you mean what the hell I am? Haven't you ever seen a fairy godmother before? ...What the hell do you mean I don't look like a fairy godmother? I am a model of what perfect fairy godmothers should look like! Don't you see my wand of bling and these wings here?! Now, back to the topic at hand...Goddamn it I know I'm a guy! Female fairy godmothers are hard to come by these days! Be glad you even have one kid!! Now, I know I haven't exactly been around much for the majority of your life, but I managed to find some time today to come and see you, you know, to give you a gift and all that...well, thing is, I'm a bit short on money right now, so here's all I got. Keep the note somewhere safe and someday I'll get a real proper present for ya, alright? ...How long it's going to take? Uh, as soon as I pay of my debts, in maybe another decade or so...I mean, it won't be long! I'll be back before you know it! Now just take this ok? I gotta run. And if you see any weird lookin' people coming this way in a minute asking for me and where I went, just tell them that I've gone to...uh...Majorca, yeah, I've gone to Majorca. Now, you be a good kid and have a nice Christmas, okay? ...Shit! The debt collectors are here already! Uh, see you around kid......!"

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 12-24-2012, 12:02 PM

Username: Bearzy
Image of My Entry:

First time I've tried a matchy one for christmas, so here goes!

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 12-24-2012, 02:17 PM

Username:llonka
Image of My Entry:

Hope this is okay!

Last edited by llonka; 12-24-2012 at 02:23 PM..

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-24-2012, 02:32 PM

Image of My Entry:
Reference picture:
How you made the Grinch miserable: A kiss to the cheek and some friendly hugs in appreciation of the Grinch's adorable Santa-ness is enough to make the poor Grinch horrified.

"What! What is this disgusting gesture you have made upon me?!"
Cried the Grinch.
"I do not like it, not one bit, no siree!"

"But you are so very pretty!"
Said the little lady,
who ignored all the protests,
and snuggled the Grinch with surprising ferocity.

She gave the furry green creature a great big kiss,
who shrieked and flailed to no avail.
The poor ol' Grinch,
now forever traumatized by the little miss.

...I think I broke my brain writing this.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-24-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
[indent]Holiday Colors Entry Form
Image of My Entry:
i totally dig the concept lol great story with this color entry ( i don't get those! :D), Antagonist: but alas, i cannot accept the entry because you have a black mustache and black boots. the stars in the background are yellow and after a lot of thought, i feel like the buttons on your jacket are more yellow than gold. that was tough one for me to figure out, but then there is gold in your background too and the colors are definitely not the same.
i do hope you edit and enter again

---------- Post added 12-24-2012 at 10:06 AM ----------

Holiday Colors Entries updated to here!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-24-2012, 03:08 PM

Aww, darn, I'll try again! xD

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-24-2012, 03:09 PM

thanks! i'm glad you are trying again! :D

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 12-24-2012, 03:17 PM

It's kinda hard for me since I barely have any pink items. xDD;; *rummages around inventory*

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 12-24-2012, 03:28 PM

well what you had was totally working

---------- Post added 12-24-2012 at 10:39 AM ----------

as of now, i'll be gone until tomorrow evening... i'll be updating more then so if you all are wondering what qualifies for the colors contest be sure to reread the front page and ask others what they think. typically, lots of people enter so you might be able to get some advice

hope you all have a great holiday and i'll be back in about 30 hours starting now!

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-24-2012, 05:26 PM

Username: Clair Voyant
Image of My Entry:

Last edited by Clair Voyant; 12-24-2012 at 07:40 PM..

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 12-24-2012, 06:37 PM

Username: KatMagenta
Image of My Entry:

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-24-2012, 06:47 PM

AW! Kat! Your entry is SO adorable! :D

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 12-24-2012, 06:50 PM

Thanks Clair, I love both your entries.

Is it bad I don't really know anything about the Grinch? >.<

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-24-2012, 06:51 PM

Hehe, thank you.

And nah, I don't think so. :lol:

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 12-24-2012, 06:54 PM

Maybe I can educate myself in time for the end of the event but all I know at the moment is that he doesn't like Christmas and is green.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-24-2012, 06:59 PM

He's a grumpy Grinch. :D

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 12-24-2012, 07:32 PM

Death_to_the_reaper: Clair Voyant: Antagonist:
Okay, I love you guys, BUT you are not quite getting it and are making things MUCH harder on yourselves than you need to!

I just want a picture of any old Grinch, just so I can see how you chose to make your Grinch look like A Grinch, but then I want you to MAKE UP where he is and why you are making him happy! Be creative! Put him somewhere he can't help but be happy! Surround him with cute cuddly things, or treat him to amazing tasty noms! Something creative, and something that is fun!

To keep the confusion down, I am going to put a reference picture in the rules as well as edit out that part of the contest. :)

So for now, I am tossing out your entries but I really hope you resubmit! Make it funny, fun and make the Grinch SQUIRM with happiness! You are all amazing at making great avatars, I know you an meet this challenge!

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-24-2012, 07:34 PM

You said how are you making your Grinch miserable, though. *sighs* That's written in the entry form.
And I did post pictures of what I based his appearance off... or is the Jim Carrey version of the Grinch not acceptable?

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 12-24-2012, 07:38 PM

Clair Voyant: I am removing the reference picture part from the contest as I think I was causing everyone confusion. Sorry, my bad. I want you to do something NEW to the Grinch. Something no one has ever done to him before, that will make him happy! Not something based on the traditional story of the Grinch. So, put him on the beach in the summer, or give him a dolly. Whatever would make a sourpuss creak a smile :) I hope that makes sense :)

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-24-2012, 07:40 PM

Wow... that is so different from how you set up the contest. :/ Okay then.

DariaMorgendorfer

Old 12-24-2012, 07:49 PM

I am sorry you misunderstood the contest Clair. This is how I intended it. I like creativity and fun. Making exact avatars based on a picture was not my goal. Sorry if I upset you. I need to go be with family now. If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to PM me :)

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 12-24-2012, 08:15 PM

Daria, I'm not upset. A bit frustrated because it wasn't clear, but it's nothing to get upset over. Hope you have a lovely Christmas. ^_^

Here is my new entry.

Username: Clair Voyant
Image of My Entry:

How I made the Grinch miserable (AKA happy): Take Martha May on a cruise for the honeymoon, they said! It'll be lots of fun, they said! Lots of fun! HA! The tropics were too warm, I missed my icy cave back home. And the ocean smells funny. And Martha insisted we go out to a fancy ball they hosted on the cruise, so I had to dress up AGAIN! Dressed in a tux twice in the same YEAR! Blugh!... But there were lots of pretty girls on board... Hope Martha didn't catch me staring.