Does anyone here use a digital drawing pad? :/
I am really interested in it and i want to buy one~
I hoped to know more about it - <3

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 12-16-2009, 01:51 PM

Hey hun, I've moved your thread over the Art Discussion since most people who have art tablets/drawing pads will be in the art forums. (:

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 12-16-2009, 02:02 PM

I git a Wacom Bamboo tablet, 4 years ago now(?) for my birthday. I love it.
What kind of things would you like to know?

Ainoryoku
Aristocrat
Send a message via MSN to Ainoryoku

Old 12-16-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syraannabelle View Post
I git a Wacom Bamboo tablet, 4 years ago now(?) for my birthday. I love it.
What kind of things would you like to know?
Well, things like: how is works, quality of work, hmm
can i see some drawings of yours too? ~ <3

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 12-16-2009, 07:51 PM

Well I have avi art in my albums, that I coloured using my tablet, I'm still not good enough to draw with it ^.^'

You just draw on the tablet with the pen or mouse, and then it's on the computer screen, I don't really know how it works just that it does.

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 12-19-2009, 11:33 PM

The great thing about tablets is that they are pressure sensitive (with specific programs) so the lines you draw get darker or thicker depending on how hard you press. In that way, it makes it a lot like drawing with a pencil, but on your computer.

Here are a few comic pages that I drew using my tablet: Mad-Jester356's Gallery

Ainoryoku
Aristocrat
Send a message via MSN to Ainoryoku

Old 12-20-2009, 08:28 AM

they are all so nice!~ I like them, Sho~ i want to get one too and maybe i can draw as good on comp~ i used to draw by hand totally or partially then color on comp. i can show you on like the last.

Kaesthrine
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-24-2009, 12:48 PM

I have one and its great. Its faster and better than drawing using charcoal or pen.

And as Sho-Shonojo said, They are pressure sensitive and thats one of the things that made tablets great :)

Skykittykat
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-25-2009, 02:19 AM

Heheh. This is great stuff to know since I'm 96% certain that a shiny tablet is waiting under the tree for me this year. *Crosses fingers and hopes for no disappointment in this*

Demoncat
Unknown species
Send a message via MSN to Demoncat

Old 12-27-2009, 05:44 PM

Tablets are awesome, sadly I have one but it doesn't work, I can't wait to get it working though, drawing with a mouse is so hard! ^_^"

tavis harts
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-30-2009, 03:13 AM

Tablets are great. I refuse to try to color without one.

It makes it seem natural and you can do the quick brush strokes you would be able to do on paper. The only real problem is that there is a bit of a learning curve when you first get one. Until you get used to it you will find yourself glancing at the pad trying to watch where you are drawing. Once you get over that it's amazing.

Megami_Maxwell
*^_^*

Old 12-31-2009, 05:01 AM

I've been using Wacom tablets for years, they're fabulous~ :heart: I'm apparently a complete idiot when it comes to the pressure sensitivity (but then, I mostly used to draw in Oekaki, and that isn't designed to read those things...), but I couldn't go without it! :heart: I just got myself a Wacom Intuous4 for Christmas, and I love it. X3

^--Trying out the new tablet in Photoshop! :3

Up until last year, my girlfriend did all her digital art with a mouse, and while you can get similar results, it's a lot more taxing on your wrists and whatnot. It took her way longer to do lineart than anything.

^--Mimiroppu/Meeps on dA's old mouse work. :3

Dreamer Bee
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-31-2009, 06:53 AM

I use a Genius tablet for quite some time now, 3 years if I'm not wrong.
It's really useful for digital coloring and sketching, though I still prefer to sketch with the good old pencil. (:

MagicalShine
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-01-2010, 09:48 PM

Tablet is fantastic. I rarely use traditional painting after i bought mine. It is easy to use and even better if you have a nice drawing program.

PhantomLolita
*^_^*

Old 01-02-2010, 01:06 AM

I've been thinking of buying a Bamboo, myself. They're relatively inexpensive and I've heard they're easy to use as well.

chainsofdeath
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-03-2010, 12:38 AM

i would like a tablet too. my sister had one, but it broke, so i couldn't even test it out. when i saw her use it, she seemed really comfortable using it. it just looked like she was drawing with a regular pencil on paper. ^^

neko xoxox
I REAALY regret my name :(

Old 01-06-2010, 12:40 AM

i dont own one but i am also interested in them, and i know that this place: Woot : One Day, One Deal (SM) often has them on sale (my brother is obsessed with this site)

Hayzel
[MiniMee]
Send a message via AIM to Hayzel Send a message via MSN to Hayzel

Old 01-13-2010, 05:15 PM

I have nice, 80 dollar wacom bamboo tablet. I've had it for over a year. I don't have to install it to a computer, I can just plug it in and go. It's also nice cause you can adjust many of the settings && the stuff is pretty sturdy if you tend to be like me, a butter finger. XD

Ayco83
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-22-2010, 06:59 AM

Yep. But they to slow to use. :P And you cant see where your drawind proberly.

Caboose
Why is there six pedals and only...

Old 01-22-2010, 01:30 PM

I actually have two... xD
I would definitely recommend it. You really have a lot of control when using a tablet, and everything looks so much more smoother and just... better. It takes a bit of time to get used to and all, but once you do get control of everything, it is a good feeling when things turn out well.

The best type of tablets are the Wacom tablets. ;> The prices are pretty decent as well, but don't be shocked if they are a bit pricey, because well, they are tablets. ;A;

Krusadin
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-24-2010, 03:26 PM

I got a Wacom Bamboo for my birthday last year and I have been using it lots since then. Make sure you install the driver that comes with it...I didnt after I had used it for about a month. That was stupid. ^^'

Radioactive~Sheep
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 01-25-2010, 11:47 PM

I don't have a tablet, I would have loved one before, but now I have discovered an online tool that is completely free and almost as good if not just as good. Its called Sumo Paint. I absolutely love it. If you want a test of a digital drawing pad or tablet I really reccommend that you try there. One of my friends actually reccommended it to me and it was one of the best moves getting one.

Deletris
The cookie stealer >:D

Old 01-28-2010, 01:51 AM

I have recently gotten a tablet :D
Yay Del~!
My suggestion is depending on your use
touch or browsing
pen for coloring digitally and editing photos
pen and touch <--- theres also
and if you are willing to invest, this one will be very useful wancom INTUOS
I recommended Wancom ones through~!!
The prices for bamboo range from $90-130 for pen/touch (Canadian currency through >3<)
and INTUOS ones $200+ i believe
They are sold worldwide and if you live in Canada or United states can be purchased at staples, best buy, or future shop ^^

Last edited by Deletris; 01-28-2010 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: bolding error

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 01-30-2010, 07:38 AM

If you're lucky and have parents willing to dish out the money for a tablet/ have the money to get one yourself, then tablets are the best. They really are. I've had mine for over 2 years now and, sad to say, I think it's slowly withering away.. :<
I got mine as a Christmas gift

TejinaShinsen
phailing Ebil Dollie scientist
Send a message via AIM to TejinaShinsen

Old 02-03-2010, 11:21 PM

personally I love my bamboo. I got it for dolling, end up using it in my writing program when I'm too lazy to use the keyboard. lets me move a little bit away from the laptop.