3re"peh
HELP ME MOVE ON :]
Send a message via Yahoo to 3re"peh

Old 02-06-2010, 02:12 AM

Hi! I'm ada .. well :) I'm a training as a photographer ..
and uhmm i'm wondering .

What would you prefer ?

~ black and white
~blur
~Normal [but a bit contrast]
~pixelated
~sephia

:vicky: tee hee hee ~ hope you reply ..
I realli need this though :]
sooo haha ..

:yumeh1: will you please give some reasons too ? if you don't mind tee hee hee .. ~

Krokodil
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Krokodil Send a message via MSN to Krokodil

Old 02-06-2010, 05:45 AM

From what you listed, my favorite would be black and white. I LOVE it. However, I'm really into experimental photography so I like to have weird edited photos.

Heihachi hayashida
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-06-2010, 07:50 AM

I think contrast makes things more interesting, but each photo filter has it's purpose I guess...

As I see it:
B&w: Serious or thoughtful images
Blur: to show emphasis if say the background is blurry so more attention is on something else
Pixilated: I don't know... I guess it's interesting but I don't think it's used much in photography because to me it looks like a stretched out image and that's kind of unprofessional.
Sepia: Makes things look old..? Also I don't know- it's just a value change so you can do that in any color it doesn't have to be limited to brown.

inugurl3
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to inugurl3 Send a message via Yahoo to inugurl3

Old 02-06-2010, 03:46 PM

I like black and white, and also the regular color, i do take photography myself,
inugurl3.deviantart.com

pumpkins
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-06-2010, 09:59 PM

I think you should just go photographing and learn first how to do it, and when you take those photos you'll start to know what you like and what's your style.
Developing the photos from negatives is the best part anyways.
I like either "normal" colorful photos, or b&w.

3re"peh
HELP ME MOVE ON :]
Send a message via Yahoo to 3re"peh

Old 02-06-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
I think you should just go photographing and learn first how to do it, and when you take those photos you'll start to know what you like and what's your style.
Developing the photos from negatives is the best part anyways.
I like either "normal" colorful photos, or b&w.
well -- tee hee hee :]] you are right ..
but I need to know what these effects di to the photo ..
:] im kinda liking black and white with a lil bit of blur back ground .. :]
:vicky:

betterEvil1
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-08-2010, 05:56 AM

With what you've listed I'd have to pick black and white ;3

`Fallen
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-10-2010, 05:19 AM

I prefer black and white because it just captures the image so clearly. I find that it is used for more serious, or meaningful pieces. Sepia is cool if you are looking for an old-ish affect. I sometimes prefer color over any effect, but if I have a story to tell it's mainly black and white. More to the imagination.

Dixon
The MotherShip is Calling
Send a message via AIM to Dixon Send a message via MSN to Dixon Send a message via Yahoo to Dixon

Old 02-12-2010, 12:41 AM

Black and White. Or maybe edits of some parts of it in color and then others in black and white like in scales or strips if you can do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heihachi hayashida View Post
I think contrast makes things more interesting, but each photo filter has it's purpose I guess...

As I see it:
B&w: Serious or thoughtful images
Blur: to show emphasis if say the background is blurry so more attention is on something else
Pixilated: I don't know... I guess it's interesting but I don't think it's used much in photography because to me it looks like a stretched out image and that's kind of unprofessional.
Sepia: Makes things look old..? Also I don't know- it's just a value change so you can do that in any color it doesn't have to be limited to brown.
that's a cute drawing you have in your signature. =3

Last edited by siaasgn; 02-12-2010 at 10:36 PM..

sunshinebug90
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-16-2010, 03:43 AM

I like Black and White photos... They're very classic. There's just something about them that draws me to them... Because, anymore, ANYONE can have a color photo... but, when you have a black and white photo (of something modern), that's super special to me. XD

Neithan
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-16-2010, 05:57 AM

There are many, many photography techniques, filters and effects that you could use. :) As pumpkins said above, it's probably best to learn the basics first and experiment with everything. You'll be able to figure out which styles suit you best, that way. If you decide to focus on one thing straight off the bat then you might miss out on discovering that you really like and have a talent for another kind of photography. Also, it's my opinion that it's worth dabbling in multiple styles. You could think of each style as a paint colour: different images need to be painted in different colours, or a certain mix of colours. The more colours you have in your toolbox, the more range you have as an artist. Otherwise you will be limiting yourself to only a certain type of pictures.

As for which of the listed styles i prefer... i like most of them XD They can all be wonderful; to me, it matters more whether the technique used works with the subject matter. :3

llMerill
Leo

Old 02-18-2010, 04:45 PM

black and white...but not everyone can do that too well, sadly... >__>

Demoncat
Unknown species
Send a message via MSN to Demoncat

Old 02-18-2010, 08:51 PM

I personally like sephia with a bit of old flim effects I also really like black and white with one color from a certein object, like a purple flower with a black and white backround if you know what I mean? XD

Zivvy
*^_^*

Old 02-18-2010, 10:10 PM

Depending on the scene and the effect I want to show, I would choose accordingly.

But if generally, I prefer normal. (I am a boring person.)

Shiruvya
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Shiruvya Send a message via MSN to Shiruvya Send a message via Yahoo to Shiruvya

Old 02-19-2010, 08:41 AM

Normal for sure, followed by black and white. But I really just like vivid colours. :l
And no blur, please! Kills my eyes...totally unattractive. (n my humble opinion.)

Last edited by Shiruvya; 02-19-2010 at 08:44 AM..

Helios_Skyraptor
Harpy
Send a message via AIM to Helios_Skyraptor Send a message via MSN to Helios_Skyraptor Send a message via Yahoo to Helios_Skyraptor

Old 02-19-2010, 08:47 AM

It depends on the theme or feeling I'm trying to portray. I do love Black and white photos a lot, espically for wedding photos. I love colors as well. What I like the most is black and white with a splash of color somewhere. :3

I'm a amature photographer myself, I do headshots for models and such. My sister in law always has me do her headshots and stuff for her. I'm hoping to upgrade my camera soon, but it's hard having no job or money. What kind of camera do you use?

happygrim

Old 06-15-2010, 06:51 AM

I don't know what it is about sephia pictures but I really like them. :D

muffin08
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-06-2010, 09:03 AM

I would recommend exploring some other techniques than what you listed, as you can really get creative. Photoshop filters can only take photography so far.

If you get far enough in this interest to use a semi-professional camera, try playing around with your lenses, lighting techniques.
I had a friend who once put Vaseline on a clear lens separate from the camera and it gave a really interesting effect.

There are many resources for this on the internet :)