Caghyre
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Caghyre Send a message via Yahoo to Caghyre

Old 09-27-2007, 11:47 AM

I hate when someone looks over your shoulder. It makes me really nervous and I can't draw if I know someone is looking.

I'm fine with showing them the finished piece, but I always feel that they will try and tell me it's a bad drawing or something and it will totally knock me off my creative move and I wont be able to finish it. I don't want people to judge my drawings when I am in the middle of it especially because I usually end up drastically changing the drawing according to how I feel at that moment. So the way I start a drawing is usually completely different then how it is when I finish.

Jadiesama
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to Jadiesama

Old 09-28-2007, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caghyre
I hate when someone looks over your shoulder. It makes me really nervous and I can't draw if I know someone is looking.
my professors have all done that to me, and while i understand they have to, it freaks the hell out of me. i don't mind if people at cons watch me draw, but HATE it when my profs do it. I feel like i'm being judged.

I also can't stand when people see my stuff, and go 'THAT'S REALLY ANIME-STYLED ISN'T IT?'

NO. IT"S NOT. I H8 U. I've been trying for the last six years to drop that stigma. While i don't mind anime-influences, i don't think my stuff is straight up anime-style.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-12-2007, 03:16 AM

I actually don't mind being watched or when people look over my shoulder.

The only time when it matters for me is when I dislike the people looking over. Like people I just can't seem to get along with sort of thing?

So far... I haven't gotten very bad comments about my art save critiques.

Though I get very shy when I have Fine Arts friends looking over and I don't want to draw anymore. I feel insignificant all of a sudden.

All the more if I have a crush on them.

...Though I really dislike it when my inking pens suddenly die in mid inking and they leave a gray line instead of the usual dark black line. When I go back at it, they turn out horrible.

._.

Or shaky hands while inking. That sucks too.

I don't know about you people but... I hate it when my calm is suddenly destroyed when the atmosphere I've set so I can work is ruined. Like it's raining so hard I can't hear my music and the rattling irritates me?

That. >_>

Freakishly Human
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Freakishly Human Send a message via MSN to Freakishly Human Send a message via Yahoo to Freakishly Human

Old 10-13-2007, 03:41 AM

I can't stand people standing behind me while I'm doing anything, but drawing especially. I'm fairly self conscious so I don't like being watched. I also don't like it when people look through my sketchbooks without asking me, they're very personal to me. It feels as though someone is looking through my diary.

I also don't like it when people are mean about their critiques. At the last college I attended the art students were positively vicious towards each other. I understand the need for critique of course but I think people can show some tact while doing so. Maybe it's just because I dislike hurting peoples feelings, and especially when they've put so much time and effort into something.

titaneatomoe
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-13-2007, 05:26 AM

Well..my mom likes my artwork alot so she always tells me to draw but then when i do start to draw she'll yell at me for drawing insted of cleaning her house ^^;; so now i tell my mom im going into work earily (and i do but i dont work) and i draw in the break room....*sigh* and then i get my co workers breathing down my neck while i draw, i dont know whats worse being yelled at or being watched 0.o

Sitoka
Send a message via AIM to Sitoka Send a message via MSN to Sitoka

Old 10-13-2007, 08:48 AM

I don't really mind much of people looking while I draw,
but it distracts me and the drawing ends up looking stupid. x_X
One time they took my paper and they ran around with it. >_o;

I also had a few times where one or two friends grab the paper I'm doodling on and draw random stuff on it. o_o;
It was sort of, irritating. >_>;

I don't really like when I show people a drawing I did, they don't believe that I drew it. o_o
Like this one girl I showed a fanart from one of my favorite anime, and she didn't believe that I drew it.
Because I typed the anime's title with similar colors to the actual anime's title colors (I drew the drawing on paper, scanned and colored on computer then printed it out.)

o_o; .. It made me so irritated that I brought in the original drawing the next day, and she didn't even care about it anymore. o_0;
I felt like smacking her over the head with my paper. xD;
I think I ranted a little there.. o_x;

Freakishly Human
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Freakishly Human Send a message via MSN to Freakishly Human Send a message via Yahoo to Freakishly Human

Old 10-13-2007, 06:41 PM

Sitoka that would bother me a lot too. That wasn't very fair of her at all. She probably felt silly that she was wrong and didn't want to admit she was wrong or apologize.

Jimpi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-16-2007, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty
Hahah~ what I hate most is when people just randomly stand behind me and just STARE at me. It's so unnerving. D: It's kind of like this when I'm drawing:

Random person: "Watchu doin'?"

Me: "Drawing."

rp: ** stares **

Me: "OKAY. That's enough drawing for today."

And then when they go away, I go back to my drawing. I think that's even worse than getting called away to do something.

But then -- that entire "my mom likes to destroy my artwork" thing is just a little annoying. XD

I know exactly how you feel.
My sister -or any of my friends- will just be watching T.V. in our room.
Then suddenly, outta no where, they pop up and starts examining my drawing!
I just stop and let them stare, and then they'll ask the most horrible question,
"Whatcha drawing?"I've told them a thousand times.
They've SEEN a thousand times of what I draw.
"A person...."
"Oh okay."

And then they never stop watching!!
I'll be at the first curve of the girl and they'll start to giggle...
That really annoys the crap outta me.
I HATE when people watch over me when I draw

Also when I just stop drawing.
When I CAN'T draw.
I'll try so hard and BLIP
Nothing.

starrybaka
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-24-2007, 02:18 AM

I really hate it when somebody barges in your drawing space and asking you about the drawing like everybody else here. It would be even worse if there are about 2 to 5 people trying to look at your drawing or they snatch it away just to look at. D :

'Abstract
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-24-2007, 02:41 AM

I hate being interrupted so much when I'm drawing or painting or anything really. My art teacher always breaks my focus. I know she's teaching us important art skills but sometimes she makes us stop what we're doing for something pointless. We can listen while we're working, it's not like there's no such thing as multi tasking

shellthabunny
*^_^*

Old 11-02-2007, 04:42 AM

That would piss me off and all but you are living with her and I assume share a computer, just be happy you have time at all! XD

Nyyrikki
Send a message via AIM to Nyyrikki Send a message via MSN to Nyyrikki

Old 11-02-2007, 09:56 PM

ooh, I hate it when I have a page of sketches, and the only one that gets commented on is the one that took me a minute to draw (or a little doodle my friend did in the corner) instead of the ones that took me a few hours to do D: GAH.