Aero
(・・^...
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Aero

Old 09-20-2007, 12:04 AM

• Haha, yes. Not all sites have the ability to express one's feelings with their items and avatar. 8o So I'm going to attempt it. 8D xD <3

Hmm...where to start? D:

linkfreak131
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-20-2007, 02:26 AM

I always start by making basing it around something that I like, that the charcter also likes. =3 Like, I like blonde hair. I think it looks good on people, especaily on boys. So, I would either make the charcter, if it was a female, like boys with blonde hair, or, if it was a male, have him have blonde hair. =3

Really, there's no right or wrong way to make one, though. =3

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...
Send a message via MSN to Amo_Angelus

Old 09-20-2007, 04:33 AM

Think about what that character likes and looks like then draw...not really helpful I guess...

Caghyre
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Caghyre Send a message via Yahoo to Caghyre

Old 09-20-2007, 06:55 AM

It will help to sketch it first. Maybe start with a figure drawing. Then draw in some detail and scan it.
That's a good start.

Aero
(・・^...
Banned

Old 09-20-2007, 07:00 AM

• Cool, thanks for the advice, will do. <3

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 09-21-2007, 05:30 PM

Conceptualize a person first.

Ask about the immediate aspects: looks.

It'll be fun and frustrating at first since things are going to get frisky here. As cliche as it may sound, looks are everything. Or at least something that matters. Physical features help define or at least give a hint of the character or may be a deceitful/deceiving cover. Depends on how you'll have it.

Then the clothes and the gear. They so like make the character too.

When you're done with all that, decide on the most important part: the heart and soul of the character.

The personality. THe drives, The back story. All that jazz. This is the core of your character and ought to be taken more into consideration. This part of the OC will truly help you define the formerly mentioned.

There are times when you're conceptualizing that it'll be difficult and puzzling but you shouldn't let that be a hindrance for your OC. There are ideas that just need to grow and perhaps we try too hard to come up with an idea that we grow impatient or it simply eludes us. Stick it out until the idea comes full circle. :D

I hope that helps! ^o^

Aero
(・・^...
Banned

Old 09-21-2007, 11:49 PM

• Yes it does, allot. <3

Thank you for your input//advice! <3

Melilot
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-07-2007, 07:12 AM

Well... do what you like.
A lot of people start off by using anime or book series as a crutch, and then generally expand from there.

What do you like?
I like geisha, lolitas, aristocrats, fairytale characters...
But originality is good. It is hard to be original in mainstream styles.
But mixing and matching, giving an OC some unusual characteristics that achieve it's OWN perfection in a way, character flaws, are good.
It is a mistake too few people make.

A lot of people are into fashion, so looking at fashion = good tambien.

It is nice that the avatar could reflect you AND your original character, ne?
Just doodle. *shrugs*

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 10-11-2007, 04:01 PM

Been a while since I've dropped by here.

How's the OC going?

x3

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-11-2007, 06:49 PM

Well this is what I start out with personal.

The look of the character, his weapons, everything he uses and has. From a house to his color of socks, yes I even do that. Once you have enough of what you want him or her to look like I start sketching it, currently I'm working on one myself.

I've already completed about three that are mainly for RP's yet usually appear in my books somewhere.

After the sketching is done, and usually I have several pages of just doodles I do a main image, my final draft, or even just go find one and in writing put down all of his or her stuff.

Next is the history, now before you write this you want to have a view of his or her personality. After the history you have the past till the present. Make the history nice and long, explaining down to his childhood. Now don't make it boring, make it interesting remember that, and original!

Now I'd make your heart and soul of your character, be sure to add quirks and everything, and oh yes, pet peeves. After you've completed a good personality its time for!

Editing!

Yes, go through real quick make your changes, and then once you like it, your done.