R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 01-11-2023, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R a n d e h View Post
LOL Now people are buying those "blue light" glasses, and saying it's for all their screen time...but we know it's because they feel bomb in glasses like we did as teenagers ;)!
Lol I bought a few different pairs of blue light glasses hoping they would help but there was barely a difference and then they made me dizzy

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-11-2023, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephila View Post
I feel guilty enjoying myself. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow. I'm hoping to get some help for my insomnia. Staring awake doing nothing isn't helping me do anything.
Oh my goodness, never feel guilty for actually enjoying your life. You only have one to live after all! Insomnia isn't fun so I do hope you get help for that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R u b y View Post
Lol I bought a few different pairs of blue light glasses hoping they would help but there was barely a difference and then they made me dizzy
LOL It's the universe saying "you wore these when you didn't need to, to look cool, now you aren't allowed" LOL

That being said, when I actually started wearing glasses because I needed them, I hated it. I would get headaches and was just miserable about it. But eventually they started to get better and I found frames that properly fit and it made a world of difference!! :D Also Ray Ban brand glasses are SUPER light, so I really much prefer them as it feels like you aren't wearing any!

R u b y

Old 01-11-2023, 01:52 PM

Good to know!! I really need to stop staring at screens for hours at a time but the hyperfocus is real

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-11-2023, 02:11 PM

LOL It's literally part of my career, I spend all day starting at Excel spreadsheets and e-mail, along with texting hundreds of employees. It's inevitable!

R u b y

Old 01-11-2023, 02:23 PM

Here I made dis

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-11-2023, 02:26 PM

LOL I love this so much!

R u b y

Old 01-11-2023, 02:36 PM

Spongebob is love, spongebob is life

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-11-2023, 03:12 PM

Haha don't judge, but I've never watched a full Spongebob episode ever.

R u b y

Old 01-11-2023, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Haha don't judge, but I've never watched a full Spongebob episode ever.
That's okay, we can't all be perfect. Jk jk I used to think it was the stupidest show to ever exist but I hadn't really watched it and I didn't have cable for the longest time. Then when I did watch it I loved it and now it's one of my faves lol a lot of things that are now my favorite I hated at first

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-11-2023, 08:46 PM

i remember rewatching season 1 of Spongebob in my 20s and being firmly convinced it's an animation classic and a work of art. i'm also pretty sure it wasn't meant to be for kids, like Ren & Stimpy or most cartoons of that time, where it was geared towards the adults watching with their kids. there are so many goofy, funny moments that aren't like insult or grossout comedy like Family Guy or Adult Swim or certain old 90s nick shows, it's just like straight up silliness. i feel like it devolved and got a little money-grabby towards the end? but that's just my memories from when i was a tween, maybe i'll watch it again and Get It. i saw the Spongebob Movie in theaters too, that was a freakin trippy movie. mermaids coming to life? ok. hamburger coliseum? sure.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-11-2023, 08:55 PM

Quote:
That's okay, we can't all be perfect. Jk jk I used to think it was the stupidest show to ever exist but I hadn't really watched it and I didn't have cable for the longest time. Then when I did watch it I loved it and now it's one of my faves lol a lot of things that are now my favorite I hated at first
LOL
That's fair! I think I'm past the age of giving it a try hahaha but I do have shows I love that I disliked in the beginning!

---------- Post added 01-11-2023 at 03:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
i remember rewatching season 1 of Spongebob in my 20s and being firmly convinced it's an animation classic and a work of art. i'm also pretty sure it wasn't meant to be for kids, like Ren & Stimpy or most cartoons of that time, where it was geared towards the adults watching with their kids. there are so many goofy, funny moments that aren't like insult or grossout comedy like Family Guy or Adult Swim or certain old 90s nick shows, it's just like straight up silliness. i feel like it devolved and got a little money-grabby towards the end? but that's just my memories from when i was a tween, maybe i'll watch it again and Get It. i saw the Spongebob Movie in theaters too, that was a freakin trippy movie. mermaids coming to life? ok. hamburger coliseum? sure.
I fear re-watching shows I enjoyed, they are never the same as an adult. I LOVED Pokemon as a kid and re-watched it with my niece and had a moment of "wtf is this" LOL So be careful if you watch Spongebob again!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 01-11-2023, 09:06 PM

ahaha so real. that's how i feel about Invader Zim now, like.. it's just all yelling and innards why was i so obsessed?

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-11-2023, 09:19 PM

Exactly! I did it with Sailor Moon too...she yells/whines SOOO much

R u b y

Old 01-12-2023, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
Yeah the newer seasons are so so bad lol
I love the first spongebob movie I have the newer one but haven’t seen it. But yeah I agree. I started watching it when I was like 13-14, still technically a kid but like, older xD

---------- Post added 01-11-2023 at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote:
LOL
That's fair! I think I'm past the age of giving it a try hahaha but I do have shows I love that I disliked in the beginning!

---------- Post added 01-11-2023 at 03:56 PM ----------

I fear re-watching shows I enjoyed, they are never the same as an adult. I LOVED Pokemon as a kid and re-watched it with my niece and had a moment of "wtf is this" LOL So be careful if you watch Spongebob again!
Omg this. Or like old movies. My bf and I were excited blank check was on Disney+ and then both at the same time realized and agreed it would be ruined with our adult brains and didn’t watch it

I never stopped watching SpongeBob tho so I’m good on that one

Some of my fave memories even are when we first moved into our house a decade ago and we had switched our cable over here but still weren’t sleeping here yet so when we were moving stuff and would break for lunch I’d sit in my empty room, on the floor, with my small box tv in the middle of the room, eating taco bell tacos and watching SpongeBob lol

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-12-2023, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Omg this. Or like old movies. My bf and I were excited blank check was on Disney+ and then both at the same time realized and agreed it would be ruined with our adult brains and didn’t watch it

I never stopped watching SpongeBob tho so I’m good on that one

Some of my fave memories even are when we first moved into our house a decade ago and we had switched our cable over here but still weren’t sleeping here yet so when we were moving stuff and would break for lunch I’d sit in my empty room, on the floor, with my small box tv in the middle of the room, eating taco bell tacos and watching SpongeBob lol
LOL You made the right decision by not rewatching it. It's painful when it doesn't feel as good as the first time LOL

Oh my gosh, while that entire memory sounds amazing, it was the taco bell that made it for me. What a guilty pleasure in my books!

R u b y

Old 01-12-2023, 10:13 PM

Haha for real tho. Adult brain ruins so many good shows/movies xD

There’s just somethin about eating some taco bell tacos on the floor of an empty room that makes for a good time I was reckless too, it had pure white carpeting

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-12-2023, 10:44 PM

Oh my gosh that is reckless! You wild thing!

I am finally home from work and today was a day that I was glad to leave behind. Gonna curl up to my book and wish I was so wealthy I could not work HAHA!

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 01-13-2023, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Exactly! I did it with Sailor Moon too...she yells/whines SOOO much
LISSSENNNN... Usagi may be a crybaby but she would literally die for any one of us

R u b y

Old 01-14-2023, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Oh my gosh that is reckless! You wild thing!

I am finally home from work and today was a day that I was glad to leave behind. Gonna curl up to my book and wish I was so wealthy I could not work HAHA!
Sorry I poofed for a day!

Haha I live life on the edge bby -leaves a pen uncapped-

We just need to win the lottery Did you have a nice reading session?

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-15-2023, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxxxy View Post
LISSSENNNN... Usagi may be a crybaby but she would literally die for any one of us
LOL But could she just do it a little quieter?!

Quote:
Sorry I poofed for a day!

Haha I live life on the edge bby -leaves a pen uncapped-

We just need to win the lottery Did you have a nice reading session?
Well maybe if you didn't stay up until 2am...

THE PEN IS GOING TO DRY OUT!

I did! Got a bunch of my book Six of Crows read, I finished the audio book The Women of Pearl Island, and I started a new one! Annnnd our team won their ringette game today (my niece plays goalie)! Autym (the niece) did INCREDIBLE in net today! I was so insanely proud of them all. And now I have to make them cookies before the practice tomorrow. A promise I make them if they play their hearts out at games, they get cookies at the next practice lol

R u b y

Old 01-15-2023, 02:56 AM

Quote:

Well maybe if you didn't stay up until 2am...
Okay you know what xD it's true tho

Quote:
THE PEN IS GOING TO DRY OUT!

Quote:
I did! Got a bunch of my book Six of Crows read, I finished the audio book The Women of Pearl Island, and I started a new one! Annnnd our team won their ringette game today (my niece plays goalie)! Autym (the niece) did INCREDIBLE in net today! I was so insanely proud of them all. And now I have to make them cookies before the practice tomorrow. A promise I make them if they play their hearts out at games, they get cookies at the next practice lol
That sounds wonderful! Congrats to your niece!!

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-15-2023, 03:35 AM

Quote:
Okay you know what xD it's true tho

That sounds wonderful! Congrats to your niece!!
LOL I know you late owls type, up all night, snoozin' all day. Exhausted all the time.

Thank you!! She was so proud!

Car'a'Carn
Berries & Cream!

Penpal
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-15-2023, 10:24 AM

Quote:
LOL I know you late owls type, up all night, snoozin' all day. Exhausted all the time.

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 01-15-2023, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car'a'Carn View Post
Busted!

R u b y

Old 01-15-2023, 06:02 PM

Quote:

I mean true but....