Princess_Creep
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-07-2012, 08:31 PM

I hear it inside me, and know that it's true
Music will always sound better with you
The sway and swirl of the melodies
Made rich with every sound you breed

Welcome to the big city, kid. Let me guess; you've come here to realize your dream of becoming a big-shot singer or dancer. Yeah, us too. And you've probably heard the stories. We all have. The stories of how you'll never make it; how you'll just end up getting screwed over in the end. That's why we've banded together. The music industry is a dog eat dog world, and it never hurts to have allies. Because you have to fight your way to the top. All the way. If you aren't at the top of the deck, you might as well be at the bottom. And if you don't have the right allies, you'll never get to the top. That's why the twelve of us have banded together. Six musicians and six dancers. We make music and art together while working our way to the top, and, although we are starting out as strangers, we have sworn to stick together, and put each other before our careers. To bring love and unity to a cold, heartless industry.

----------

RULES

I am the queen and supreme ruler of this thread. Obey me and only me.
Obey the Menewsha Terms of Service at all times.
This is a semi-literate roleplay. That means posts must be at least ten sentences long, and you must use correct spelling and punctuation. Absolutely no cheat-speak ever.
Romance is encouraged in this roleplay. It spices up any plot.
No mindless or excessive violence, and no killing anyone.
Try to remain semi-active and post once a week or so. Also, if you see someone getting left behind, have the courtesy to wait for them to catch up.
This is not a supernatural roleply. No super powers or fantasy elements allowed.
Send all profiles to me with the title 'My Heart's Song' and include a :rawrmayor: so I know that you read the rules.

----------

PROFILE SKELETON

Username:
Character name:
Dancer or Musician:
Personality:
Picture (anime please!):

----------

LINKS

To OOC Thread contains link to character journal's
To Accepted Profiles

Last edited by Princess_Creep; 04-08-2012 at 10:40 PM..

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 04-14-2012, 02:36 AM

The door swung closed on Riene's face. "Well I'll take that as a no." she grumbled, walking away. "Thats the 3rd music company today that turned me down. Why? I'm a damn good drummer." Riene's bad habbit of talking to herself came through as she exited the building. With a sigh she stared up at the blue sky. It seemed to taunt her with happiness, when she felt none herself. She felt herself being pulled along to walk with the crowd though she had no idea where she was going. The wind tugged her reddish brown hair in every direction.

Princess_Creep
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-14-2012, 03:19 AM

Charlotte stood by the copy machine in the library, drumming her fingers impatiently, waiting as it belched out the colorful fliers with thick black writing on them, including her name, phone number, and email, advertising for musicians and dancers. The posters were bold and eye-catching, but she doubted that anyone would go for it. She already asked around at school and worked, but she had been merely scoffed at. People thought she was a leech; some sort of con artist. But really all she wanted was a friend or two. Someone who she could count on and trust. Someone who she could help, and who could help her.

Finally, the posters had all been printed out. She hurried out of the stumpy, over heated building and into the bright, sunny afternoon. The were couples and cliques of friends everywhere, seeming to mock her with their together-ness. Charlotte moved to the first telephone pole she saw, stapling a poster to each side, them moving across the street to staple on some more to another post.

After hours of stapling posters on telephone poles and cork-boards outside grocery stores (though technically she wasn't supposed to do that without the store owners' permission) she was a little worn out. There was nothing more to do, and seeing as she didn't have any friends to hang out with, Charlotte decided to just head home. Maybe be the time she got there she would have a message on her answering machine or an email in her inbox from a lonely dancer or musician who wanted to be her friend. Maybe she would have a dozen. Most likely, she wouldn't have any.

Last edited by Princess_Creep; 04-22-2012 at 06:53 PM..

Destiny
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-14-2012, 04:06 PM

Alice Laurels
Alice landed her final pirouette and froze in her final position. She waited for a few seconds after her performance, the golden rule of all dancers, and then softly fell back onto her heels. She smiled and bowed as the evaluators applauded politely.

Her heart sank as they looked her up and down, frowning at her ballet shoes. They were old and worn, with more of a brownish-tint to them rather than a nice, pearl pink. She hadn't been able to afford a new pair.

"That was... quite the performance." One of the judges said to her, not looking at her, but rather at her footwear. "We'll call you and let you know if you passed the audition." The judge smiled... a fake smile.

"Thanks for your time!" Alice smiled, taking one more curtsy before she left the room. Right before the door slammed close, she managed to hear one of the judges say, "her shoes were as old as my mother's cassette collection!" and laughter rumbled until the door shut and she was back in the noisy waiting room.

She could feel disappointment and anger growing inside of her. What was wrong with having old shoes... or clothes? The entertainment industry had proven to be a tough decision for Alice. First impressions were of dire importance, and she wasn't making a good one with her worn out shoes and outfits. Costumes and dance attire was expensive these days, she just couldn't afford it.

She sighed, heading to the change room to undress. Maybe her mother was right... maybe she wasn't meant to be a dancer. Maybe it was time to get a real job...

Princess_Creep
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-22-2012, 07:09 PM

Charlotte arrived back at her matchbox apartment just as it started raining. She sighed, throwing her bag onto the couch and grabbing a pink silk ribbon from the side table (she kept them lying everywhere) to tie up her mass of slightly wavy blonde hair. Next she moved to the kitchen, pulling out day-old Chinese food and setting it on the counter, before going into the bedroom and taking off her damp dress, slip, and petticoats, and changing into an old pair of baby-blue sweats. Really, all that Lottie was doing was delaying the inevitable.

Finally, when Lottie could procrastinate no longer, she moved to her outdated computer and turned it on, waiting for the sluggish machine and dial-up internet connection to load. She moved to the kitchen to get her food, and started eating right from the containers with a plastic-handled fork that looked like it had been made for a baby. With the internet on, Lottie opened the browser and typed in the address of her email-site, typing her log-in quickly than waiting for the page to load. It was a little ironic, this decrepit machine, but no more so than the rest of Lottie's life. Theoretically, the girl was very rich-but she wasn't aloud to touch a penny of that wealth, so instead, the girl lived in squalor.

After what seemed like an eternity, Lottie's email finally loaded. Her inbox had to messages. Lottie's heart flew into her mouth, but she was soon disappointed. One was junk mail, the other was a message from her grandmother. Not having the patience to read either, Lottie logged out and powered down her computer. She had been silly to hope that anyone would respond so soon. Lottie headed to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth before going to bed rather early, and tired to tell herself that she didn't care.

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 04-24-2012, 06:36 PM

Riene blew her bang out of her face and noticed a piece of paper stapled haphazadly on a pole. Curious, she walked up and read it. Riene smiled and tore the paper off the pole to take it with her. The punk girl nearly skipped home. "This is perfect. Well not perfect, but a start." the redhead bounced. She rushed to the local internet cafe.
"Jamie, chocolate latte, and can I get half an hour on my account?"
"Sure Rini."
Riene rolled her eyes at the nickname, paid Jamie and sat at her usual computer, coffee in hand. Logging onto her account, she was happy to see she still hand half an hour from last time.

Logging onto her email, she quickly checked her mail first. Deleting spam, ignoring emails from family.
Then she began to type out her email.

"Hi, uh, this is going to sound really weird, but I found one of your posters and decided to send you a message. My name is Riene Stilleto. I'm a drummer, and I would love to join you.

well, you can email me back at this address if you want to get in touch.

Thanks,
Riene."

She must have re-read the message a dozen times, editing it, adding to it, deleteing parts of it...most of it. It always sounded way to needy to her. But with a sigh she sent it. "I hope this will be okay." she whispered and logged off.

She nodded goodbye to Jamie, and drank her coffee as she walked down the streets. Eventually finding herself at a park. She sat down at picnic table, and pulled her drum sticks out of her boots. They were old and worn out, but well loved. Gently, she began tapping the sticks against the top of the table, until she built up a rythem. Soon she found herself jamming out.