CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-29-2010, 03:44 AM

Happy Halloween Menewsha!

Feeling confused about how the Halloween 2010 event works? Read on and hopefully your questions will all be answered! If not, please feel free to ask questions below!

But be warned - off-topic chatter will be removed from this thread, and deleted outright (meaning you lose gold for the post) if it's spammy enough!

Frequently Asked Questions

When will the event end?
Halloween 2010 will end sometime on the evening of Saturday, November 6th.

How do I participate in the event?/How do I earn event currency?
There is no event currency for this event. This is a very 'low-tech' event this year!
You participate in the event by posting in the event forum and hopefully entering the various contests or games that are stickied to the top of this forum!

Are there event rares? How do I earn them?
Yes - there are event rares. Treat's special shop contains just the event rares. You may purchase them directly for gold, but you can win one for free by participating in any of the stickied staff contests and games at the top of this forum.

Please note that after the event, the rares will be removed from the shops and discontinued, just like regular event rares.

As an additional note, we're sorry that we had to distribute the rares in this fashion. We were not able to have coding for this event and after discussion over what would be the most fair way to do this, this was the only sensible solution.

I don't have enough time to participate in games/contests during the event and I don't have enough gold to buy them - that's not fair!
Sorry you feel that way! As I said above, we did our best to figure out some non-coding way to distribute the rare items fairly, and this was the best solution we could come up with. Some of the site's charities/games will get a few extras to hand out as prizes after the event, so there is the possibility that you can earn them that way at your own pace.

Are there event commons?
Yes! You can visit Trick's shop by clicking HERE and going directly there. Not all of the commons will be available right away. This post will be edited when all of the Halloween commons have been added to the shop. They're all there!

Please note that these items will be available after the event ends. However, they will be moved to different shops (for example - the Basic Headbands would be available in 52) after the event for twice their current price (for example - if something cost 50 gold now, it would be 100 gold after the event ends).

Hey, isn't that event common a recolor of an existing common?You missed a color!
Yep - that's true! Most of the event commons this year are edits or recolors of pre-existing commons. We would have liked to have made more completely new things for you guys, but we just didn't have the resources to do so. So we did what we could do give you guys a nice selection of different things, hope you like them! :)

If you feel we've 'missed' a color of an item, that may be the original color for the item. Check the regular shops. :)

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-29-2010, 03:50 AM

Reserved post to display event rares.

Until we can find the time to make previews - here you go as to what's in them! Sorry it's taking us so long!

Orange = Jack-o-lantern + Spiderweb + Tissue Ghosts + Ghost Cookie
Green = Candycorn bag + Skull bag + Jack-lantern-onna-stick + Eyeball onna stick
Yellow = Sheet Ghost outfit + The Scream mask + Pumpkin Lid Hat + Skull belt
Blue = Toilet Paper + Jack-o-Lantern Balloon + Skull wrist bag + Spider on a thread

amyrex2
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-31-2010, 12:44 AM

So if there are more commons showing up, will there be more uncommons and are they the same except color?

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 10-31-2010, 01:12 AM

Yes, will there be other rares added over the course of the event?

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-31-2010, 01:16 AM

Nope.

amyrex2
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-31-2010, 01:35 AM

Thank you Jelly, loving the event.

GrannyJ
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 10-31-2010, 01:52 AM

Am I seeing all the rares?
The 4 different color bags are all the event rares that will be out this event, correct?
(I know you have answered this question, Jelly, but I want to be certain I am seeing them all. The page is displaying rather strangely for me)

I also want to be certain that I have enough gold saved to get them.

I am so happy you have commons. I love all the hair bands!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-31-2010, 02:09 AM

Yes, that's all of the rares, GrannyJ. (Unless you count the Halloween EI candies the NPCs are giving out in the Trick or Treat threads.)

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-31-2010, 02:57 AM

Way to go and distract me right as I was about to get to my homework! :lol:

GrannyJ
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 10-31-2010, 03:07 AM

Thank you, CK!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 10-31-2010, 03:17 AM

I actually don't mind having to buy the rares or participate in games for them. Though that could be because I have the gold ready. I'm glad we didn't only have the games option though. :)

This is going to be fun anyway. I might do both and buy a set and play games for some too. :)

Arikana
do you believe?

Old 10-31-2010, 03:49 AM

Interesting... I'll see how long I can stick around for, reading week just finished here and my life is about to get busy again as classes continue on Monday... :3

jupiter
inactive account

Old 10-31-2010, 07:39 AM

That's alright...I'm just glad you guys made an effort. n__n

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-31-2010, 10:14 AM

I kinda like the "able to buy them" set up... for those who can't attend constantly... plus this is a much cheaper way... though I wonder couldn't you always "steal" the code from a previous event?

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-31-2010, 10:38 AM

It's not something the AAs are capable of manipulating ourselves, so no.

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 10-31-2010, 03:06 PM

Okay - I would like to say I was really worried about how this Halloween event was going to go. I was thinking there wasn't going to be any commons and the rares were going to be oddly impossible to get cause I though I could never be on at the same time as NPC's But ~ yet again! Mene has made me a SUPER HAPPY CAMPER. You guys are doing a great job and I really appreciate that all the commons and the availability of the event rares. I think they are a fair price and I've even gotten to Trick or Treat! I love the Trick or Treating!

I imagine I'll say this again if you guys run a "How did you like the event?" after the event like you usually do. But sometimes when the mood hits you just have to say something.

I'd also like to say the goodie bags and event rares are SUPER CUTE! The artists did a fantastic job!

Thanks Menewsha!

sweet windmelody
Cookies is my life!!!!

Old 10-31-2010, 03:39 PM

So just wondering, will the other events be like this one from now on?

SupportMene<3
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 10-31-2010, 07:59 PM

I've posted on at least 3 NPC profiles with this account, but haven't gotten a single SNG item...

The trades happened on my mule and main, but this is an approved charity main, right?

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 10-31-2010, 08:04 PM

I'd like to ask a question:

If one hasn't got an item from an NPC yet, what are they suppose to do? Especially if one has already posted on the the NPC's profile page, and a user is only allowed to post on there one. :S

This hasn't happened to me yet, I am going to wait till tomorrow to see what happens. This NPC is nice (all of them are. :D) and I am sure they have a heavy backlog they have to finish up. As for Jeryck, I don't think I have to wait too long.
Thank you in advance. :)

Never mind, I read what it said here http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...post1768512808 and realized there was a post edit as I posted this.

So no need the answer this question.

Thank you though! :)

Last edited by Dottie Mae Evans; 10-31-2010 at 08:21 PM..

katyasha
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-31-2010, 08:36 PM

thanks for the info so I off to find more treats

anadentone
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2010, 10:37 PM

wow I was wondering if this event was every going to start :o Happy halloween everyone !!! :D ooh the mayor and lance are toting ? sweet :D I guess this is off topic: but when I click preview on the rare shop nothing shows up cept my current avi. I can't even see what's inside the bag :(

BlackCart29
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-01-2010, 12:39 AM

Thank you guys so much for this event! This is my first mene event, and so I was so excited, I even saved up a lot of gold (which I already spent), and it didn't disappoint in the slightest. I'm sure that it must be a lot of work for the mods, event coordinators, etc., but I really appreciate it!

Esmereina
Self proclaimed ingenius ^^

Old 11-01-2010, 06:43 AM

I am quite happy with this event. It just takes getting used to, that's all. Thank you guys for always doing your best to meet the needs of the community. It's never an easy task. <3

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 11-01-2010, 08:42 AM

Frankenstein and his Bride have arrived in the commons store!

This completes the Halloween Commons. :)

cedura
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to cedura

Old 11-01-2010, 08:46 AM

The FAQ says we will get one free event Rare (?) for participating ina sticky... are these given out at the very end? And is it one of the ones listed in the Event Rare shop? Trying to save up enough to get 1 of each, and I didnt know it the freebie was one of the ones listed....
Thanks for the great event so far, I am really loving the Monster Hunting game ^_^ Im acctually getting to spend more time enjoying the stickies instead of just trying to hoard up event currency... I like this alot better than some of the past events. Great job guys~!