Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-06-2011, 11:07 AM

My Character
Name: Aaron Reid
Dislikes: large crowds, bullies, interuptions.
Personality: quiet unless necessary, sarcastic when annoyed, does not lose temper too easily but when it happens it can be explosive.
Bio: Aaron was raised as an only child. Unfortunately he was an 'accident' (at least according to his mother) and was shunned by his father and partly by his mother. He lived with his parents until he turned eighteen when he moved out. He'd saved some money and was able to rent a small flat in an appartment building and is now living there. He works a part time job at weekends but during the week he attends classes at the local college. He is smart, managing to skip a few years while in school, and sometimes plays chess against himself. He is studying to become a profiler so he can catch criminals.
Appearance:

(Hope these pics are okay. If not then just tell me)

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-08-2011, 04:22 AM

Name: Shadow Adam Jeifer

Gender: Male Incubus (can, with enough persuasion, shift his gender from time to time)

Dislikes: Uptight People, Drama, Psychologists/Therapists/Psychiatrists

Personality: Kind deep down but with a shell of ice around his heart. Normally soft-spoken. Very lusty and seductive, and promiscuous. Outwardly friendly, but likes to spend most of his time at home.

Bio: Not much is known about Shadow's past. It IS known that he has an elder sister who shunned her Demonic blood to become a high-ranking Angelic Healer. He himself is a Demonic Incubus, and thus he cannot live without some kind of sexual contact at least once every three days. Shadow lived off of the radar until he turned seven. It was the year his sister left to redeem her tainted blood and become an Angel. It was also the year Shadow began to suck up to the Demon in charge of the Underworld, a demon called Ciarán Donnagán. He's earned himself a high status in the Underworld and is a very high-ranking Incubus. He lives in a manor house near Ciarán's castle and often throws big, extravagant masquerade parties.

Appearance:

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-08-2011, 10:24 PM

Aaron coughed as he felt smoke enter his lungs again. He was trapped. He knew it, the firemen surrounding teh building knew it, and there was no way that they would be able to get in to help him in time. His appartment building, the one where his small, one bedroomed flat was located, was on fire. Aaron knew it was no accident. There had been a string of arson attacks in the last ew months and this building was just the latest in a string of fires.

As the fmales seeped under the crack in the door frame of the laundry room Aaron backed away into the farthest corner of the room, putting the washign machines and dryers between him and teh fire. Smoke was filling the air and making it hard for him to breathe. The laundry room was in the basement of the building and he knew that the main floor had been the first target, it always was in these attacks so that the fires would spread upwards, making it harder for people to get out. The arsonist was clever like that, making sure he caused as many casualties and deaths as possible.

"Help," Aaron whispered, knowing that his call would not be heard even if he had shouted it. The sound of the crackling flames was just too loud and no one would be able to get to him since the staircase was little more than a mile of ash inside a raging inferno. "Someone, anyone, please help me!"

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-10-2011, 06:35 AM

Fires were a great and beautiful sight to behold during the night. Internally, Shadow thanked whatever and whomever started most fires. They were terrible forces to humans, but great nonetheless...a hypnotizing sight to behold.

The news of a fresh fire, one in a string of many in the area in the past few months, had reached his ears. He heard everything nowadays, being a high-ranking Incubus and all. So, he had come out to watch. He was across the street sitting on the tippy-top of an office building. There was a smile on his face. He'd brought a bag of freshly-opened popcorn to eat while he watched the fire burn.

He normally paid no attention to the cries for help from humans inside the building. Today, however, one of these voices caught him off-guard. For some reason, it was...enchanting...to him. Incubi were usually experts at picking out potential matches for them, both bodily and personality-wise, based on little things...such as voice.

...This particular human was trapped below the first floor. The human firemen would have no way of reaching him, so he would surely perish. Shadow had not found a perfect match for himself in many years...though he had been searching. It was difficult to garner the maximum amount of satisfaction from his many sexual partners when they just weren't the right fit for him...

...Was it worth it?

It only took a few moments of contemplation for Shadow to set down his bowl of popcorn and cloak himself in invisibility. He flew through the air, his black-feathered wings guiding him easily and undetectably through the crowd of humans. He silently thanked his parents, unknown to him to this day, for having some control over fire. He was able to part the flames and create a path for himself, even down what little remained of the stairs.

When he came to the door leading to what appeared to be the laundry room, he quickly opened it, pushing back the flames, and stepped inside. He stood in the doorway, a rather intimidating figure to behold.

"You're calling for help?" he asked, his voice low and sultry. "I can help you. But...my assistance comes at a price."

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-10-2011, 07:35 PM

The smoke was steadily thickening in teh room and Aaron was finding it harder and harder to breathe. He coughed, expelling more of the dark air from his lungs only to suck more in a moment later as he tried to get some oxygen into his system. He was huddled behind the washing machines and dryers, curled up tightly in an effort to make himself as small as possible, not that that would do any good as the flames krept closer and closer through the small crack of the door.

Was this really how he was going to die? Trapped like a rat in a small laundry room? He snorted to himself, at least his 'father' would be happy that the mistake was taken care of. He closed his eyes and prepared to either burn or sufficate.

It was then that he heard...something coming from the other side of the door. His head jerked up as the door was opened by...

Aaron's eyes widened as he took in the figure in the doorway. He was strange and, were those wings? Was he seeing things? Was the smoke beginning to effect his mind? It was then tha the heard the voice of the figure. It was definitely male and low. Aaron had to strain his ears slightly to hear it over the crackling of the fire.

He stood from his huddled position behind the machines and walked carefully towards the figure, moving slowly. "Who are you?" he asked. "And how can you help me?"

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-11-2011, 03:02 AM

"...Personally I believe we should save the formalities for a time when flames aren't eating through the room we're standing in...but, very well. My name is Shadow. I can get you out of the building. But as I said, my assistance comes at a price. Are you...still interested in escaping?"

The smoke was going completely around him...it wasn't affecting him at all. The flames were creeping closer and closer...and though Shadow himself was obviously in no danger of dying, it was a different story for the human in front of him.

Some quick thinking and speaking was in order, so Shadow decided to cut directly to the chase before the human had a chance to answer him. Better now than later...they only had a few minutes, if he was estimating correctly.

"I will save you. But, you have to agree to a deal. From now until the day you die you will be my personal servant unless I personally release you from duty. You will do whatever I say, whenever I say it. I tend to be a kind person unless I'm crossed. ...As I already asked...are you still interested...?"

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-11-2011, 10:11 AM

It was getting harder and harder to breathe and harder and harder to concentrate properly. Aaron reached a hand up and rubbed at his watering eyes, his mind going over everything the...person...before him had said. His mind raced, trying to process everything while at the same time telling him to back away, to not trust this person. But really, what choice did he have.

Aaron heard the sound of cracking wood and looked up to see the ceiling of the laundry room was beginning to cave slightly. They didn't have long. He turned his attention back to the creature who had introduced himself as Shadow. It was a fitting name, at least that was what Aaron thought as he took in the imposing figure with the black wings. His mind focused on the deal that had been proposed. Should he accept? The flames krept closer and Aaron squzzed his eyes shut. He didn't want to die like this. He wasn't afraid of death but he didn't want it to end like this, in a small laundry room in an almost run down appartment building.

He opened his eyes and stared hard at Shadow. "I am interested in your deal," he said, keeping his voice as steady and calm as possible. He thought he did a reasonable job considdering the circumstances. He was, in effect, selling himself to Shadow to save his life. He wouldn't think too deeply on the consequences right now though. Right now surviving was the most important thing. If he could just get out of here then he would be safe, or at least he hoped that would be the case. He was putting his life in the hands of someone he had just met after all.

Last edited by Magician Girl Mirani; 02-11-2011 at 10:13 AM..

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-14-2011, 02:24 AM

"Very well, then."

Quite suddenly, Shadow's arms shot forward at a nearly blinding speed. He grabbed the human before him and pulled him close to him, his wings flaring out. An inky, black darkness surrounded the two of them...whatever this darkness was, it was quite cold. Shadow proceeded to rise upwards, allowing the ceiling to collapse above them. The falling debris...it seemed to fall right through them, like they weren't there.

Shadow continued rising, gaining speed as he gained altitude. Finally, he careened out of one of the upper floor windows, taking off into the night with Aaron in tow.

He flew high above the smoke rising from the burning building...high above the crowd huddled around it. Then slowly, he began to descend. He lowered himself and Aaron carefully onto the top of the building he had initially come to watch the fire from. The popcorn he had left was still there, and he scooped it up as he sat back down, legs hanging over the edge of the building. The man popped a piece of popcorn into his mouth before addressing his human companion.

"Sit down and relax. If after a few minutes you aren't feeling the effects of the smoke and embers draining away, I will need to get you medical attention...by the by, I didn't catch your name."

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-14-2011, 12:58 PM

Aaron yelped as Shadow's arms almost vanished and, before he could do more than blink, he was suddenly very close to the creature and his wings were flared and they were going up and up and up. He squeezed his eyes shut and held his breath as the sounds of the colapsing building filled his ears. He didn't care look to see what was going on. Then suddenly the sounds seemed a little further away and there was more smoke. He coughed and opened his eyes. He stared down and saw that they were above the burning building.

His eyes fixed on a particular window with pale blue curtains that the fire was just reaching on one of the upper floors. His room. Everything he owned, everything he treasured, was in that room. From this angle he could see that the flames were creeping closer and shuddered, remembering how close he had come to being engulfed in those same flames a few levels below.

As they touched down Aaron felt his legs shake slightly but forced himself to control his body's reaction as he turned to face the creature completely. He blinked in confjsion as he saw him sitting there with a bowl of...popcorn? Was he watching the fire? He refocused on the other as they asked for his name.

"My name is Aaron," Aaron answered carefully. "Aaron Reid." He looked to the edge of the building and then, carefully, sat down beside his saviour. ~"Um..." he trailed off, wondering how best to ask his question. He glanced at the building again and then back to the one sitting beside him. "Not to be rude or anything, especially after you just saved my life but, what exactly are you?" He winced slightly back as the words left his mouth, expecting to be repremanded or something for asking the question.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-15-2011, 03:27 AM

"...I'll save that for a little later." Something had just occurred to Shadow. His eyes ran over the building, curiously. "...You live here, yes? Has your place burned already? If not, I can take you back over there...hold off the flames and let you save your things." He fixed his golden eyes on the human, somewhat sympathetically. He knew what it felt like to lose everything. He didn't want it to happen to someone else.

He popped another piece of popcorn in his mouth. "...While you're thinking that over, I suppose I could explain it to you. Tell me, Aaron. Do you believe in demons?" Shadow tilted his head slightly, unintentionally letting a long curtain of azure hair drape between them.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-15-2011, 12:05 PM

Aaron looked at Shadow sharply at the mention of getting his things. He glanced at the building and saw that the flames hadn't quite reached his window yet. He knew they were very close though, he had seen them when they were airborn. It wasn't for long but he had seen his room. He was about to answer that, yes, he would like to get his things back, when he was brought up short at Shadow's question. Demons?

His eyes moved from Shadow's face and took in the black wings, the strange abilities that Shadow had displayed and his mind focused in on one word...demon.

"I think I do," Aaron finally answered. "I mean, if tould be quite hypocritical of me to deny their existance after you just saved me, wouldn't it?" He glanced from the burning building to Shadow again, his eyes flicking between them like he was watching a tennis match.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-16-2011, 03:28 AM

Shadow stood up, abandoning his popcorn once more. He chuckled softly and then offered his arm to Aaron, so the human could cling to it. "I suppose so. Tell me which room it is. I will hold off the flames while you get your things. If you need help carrying anything, I...well, I have a few tricks up my sleeve. We can save everything but the walls, carpeting, and doors...if you so please."

Shadow knew many different demonic techniques...one of them was the ability of levitation. He could carry much more than he should be able to.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-16-2011, 12:20 PM

"Thank you..." Aaron reached out and grasped Shadow's arm tightly. He looked back to the building and quickly found his room. "My room is the third window along on the top floor." He tried to gauge how bad the damage was in his room but from this particular angle he couldn't tell. It would probably become clearer the closer that they got to the window, in fact he knew that the damage would become clearer, and he wad dreading it, dreading seeing everything he owned going up in flames. Then again hadn't Shadow said that he could fix it, that he could salvage most of the things in his room?

Aaron hoped so. All his clothes, precious belongings and school things were in there along with any kind of identification or official documents. Without those he would most likely end up on the street and he wouldn't ever go back to his parents. He was over the age of eighteen and they didn't have to look after him anymore and besides, his father probably wouldn't even let him in the front door. Shadow was his only option right now.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-17-2011, 02:59 AM

Shadow tugged Aaron closer the moment he grabbed his arm, and he immediately set off into the air after cloaking the two of them in invisibility. It took him just a few seconds to return to the building and another three or four to find the correct room. He was able to phase, almost, through the window. The flames had just reached the door...but they had not breached his room yet.

Shadow set Aaron down and then raised his arm, pointing it at the encroaching flames. They...seemed to just freeze where they were, turning a dark gray color. He could hold them off for however long Aaron needed.

"Gather what you want to take. Take your time..."

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-17-2011, 09:05 AM

Aaron did not resist as Shadow pulled him closer and, when they entered his room, he was surprised that there was so little damage and even more surprised when Shadow was able to stop the flames in their tracks. He resisted the urge to gape like an idiot and quickly moved to gather his things. He pulled out a backpack from under his bed and quickly began to fill it with the things that he thought he would need the most, some spare sets of clothes and his precious belongings. After gathering the most important things Aaron glanced at the door and saw that the flames were still firmly held in place so grabbed his school sachel and quickly moved around the room, cramming as many books and papers into it as he could, making sure to grab the report that he had been working on earlier that day from the desk.

With that doen he glanced around the room, checking to see if there was anything else that he needed. He didn't think so but he made sure to look in all the drawers and the cupboards, just in case. Satisfied that he had everything he slung the large backpack onto his back and the dark, leather looking sachel over his shoulder and turned to the demon.

"That's everything," he said, glancing around the room one last time before stepping closer to Shadow, preparing to be grabbed by the demon again so that they could leave.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-20-2011, 03:16 AM

Shadow gave a curt nod and then wrapped his arms somewhat comfortingly around the human. The flames rapidly unfroze and began to crawl towards them at a snail's pace. Shadow cloaked them again and rose up out of the building. He flew around the building in a circle to avoid flying through the smoke.

It didn't take him long to reach the building they had previously been resting on. He landed softly and released Aaron. The Incubus sat down again, scooping up his popcorn, and proceeded to watch the fire burn. By this time, the room that had been Aaron's was almost completely engulfed. High wind speeds were fueling the fire.

"...Now that we, and your things, are safe...is there any chance that you fully remember what you promised me in return for your safety?" Shadow asked, conversationally.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-20-2011, 10:49 AM

Aaron clung to Shadow almost desperately as they flew and didn't bother to open his eyes this time. He didn't want to see the burning, the smoke or the firemen nad women down below. He just could't. When they landed Aaron stumbled slightly but managed to remain upright. He looked at Shadow as the demon asked the question and he could feel his chest constrict slightly.

"Yes..." he mumbled quietly, glancing away from the demon but there was nothing to look at so his gaze returned to Shadow. "I remember what I prmised you." His tongue felt too big for his mouth adn he had to force himself to swollow. His throat felt like sandpaper it was so dry. "What...what do we do now? How does this work?"

It felt bizarrely like he was entering into some kind of contract, a contract that he was unable to back out of. Shadow had alreaydy upheld his part of the deal and now it was Aaron's turn.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-21-2011, 03:57 AM

"Mmm...well, the contract itself is set in stone. The conditions are not. Most depend on how connected you are to this world, still..." Shadow fell silent, his brow furrowing just a bit. "Do you attend any kind of school, or work? Is there anything or anyone here that you are still attached to in some way?"

He paused. "...Technically, I am supposed to take you home with me, back to my world. But if you have some kind of obligation here, I do not mind taking you back and forth between worlds so you may fulfill these obligations. Educational purposes and career purposes are understandable...other things, well...we will have to work it out as we go."

Shadow appeared to sense the other male's trepidation, but he did nothing to console him. The demonic realm was not a friendly place for humans...he would have to ease into it by himself.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-21-2011, 07:43 PM

"I attend classes at the local collage a few blocks away," Aaron answered carefully. "It was one of the reasons I chose that appartment building in the first place. It was close to the college so I could get to class easily and it was a lot cheaper than most of the places around here or the student accommodation." He glanced at the building again and back to Shadow. "I was working a part time job at the weekend to help pay for my flat. I used to work at the reception desk in the appartment building but now..." he trailed off, looking away. "Now that that's gone I guess I'm out of a job and a place to live."

He paused for a moment, weighing his options, trying to decide how much he should tell the demon. "Appart from school I don't really have any connections to anyone here. My family doesn't want anything to do with me for the most part so I doubt they'd care if I suddenly dissappeared without a trace. In fact I'm sure my father would be happy if that happened." The last part was said with a bitter undertone and Aaron could practically taste it in his mouth even as he spoke the words. How he hated his father.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-22-2011, 06:25 AM

"Well, that's settled, then." Shadow sounded rather happy, for some reason. It appeared that Aaron did not have many ties to the human world, other than school. He himself was loaded and had plenty of money...he also lived in a giant house, right near the home of the current ruler of the Demonic Underworld. He would be perfectly fine taking care of Aaron's needs.

"You do not need a job if you have me supporting you," he revealed, folding his legs together comfortably. "I have plenty of money and can pay for whatever you need or want, as long as I approve of it of course. I will bring you back and forth between worlds to attend school, personally. I have a lot of time on my hands, anyway. As for a place to stay, you are welcome to live with me, in my home. It's preferred, actually--that way, I'll know you aren't trying to run off and won't get hurt."

He paused, then cleared his throat. "The demonic realm is very different from this realm. In many different ways."

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-22-2011, 10:37 PM

Aaron blinked and looked at Shadow in surprise. The demon was being far more generous and lenient than Aaron had expected him to be. It was a pleasant surprise. He listened carefully and nodded his head slightly. He was glad that he didn't have to give up his studies. He wanted to continue to learn so taht, eventually, he could do what he had always wanted to do - help people and put the criminals behind bars. He knew that profiling was a strange route to take. Most people would think to become a police officer or FBI or millitary but not Aaron. Profiling called to him and he wanted to follow that feeling, however long it took him.

"Thank you," he said. "I have a few questions. Firstly, how different is the demon realm from the human one and second..." he trailed off, unsure of his own words. He swollowed hard, his throat suddenly a little too dry for his liking. "Secondly...what exactly will you be asking me to do?"

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-23-2011, 07:41 AM

"Well..." Shadow pondered his first question for a few moments and then smiled, somewhat apologetically. "Demons are a little...how you say...more flamboyant and carefree than humans are. Monogamous relationships, for instance, are quite uncommon. It can get loud at night seeing as many demons, such as myself, throw elaborate parties. People sleep around like nothing terrible is going to happen. We cannot contract human STDs, and female demons--most of them--can control whether or not they can get pregnant..."

He paused, thinking of more differences. "Our laws are much more lenient in some areas, and harsher in others. Human servants are not allowed outside unless they are led by their masters on a leash. There are no restrictions on carrying weapons around. Our court systems do not run on money, like your human ones do."

Shadow figured that was enough for now and then grinned amusedly at his second question. "Well technically, you have to do whatever I say...usually, that will entail basic household chores. Nothing too drastic. However, I may ask other things of you in time. I am, after all...an Incubus."

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-23-2011, 08:57 AM

Aaron listened carefully to Shadow's words, taking note of the information and storing it away in the back of his mind for later use. He blinked and stared at Shadow when the demon mentioned a leash and resisted the urge to gape like a fish. Seriously? A leash? It was Shadow's final statement that brought Aaron up short.

"An...an Incubus?" he asked staring wide eyed at Shadow. Facts and figures from books he had read spilled into his mind and he esisted the urge to run. What had he gotten himself into? He suddenly realised that he was still standing and quickly sat down beside Shadow before he did something stupid. "I see..." he said weakly.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-24-2011, 06:35 AM

Shadow swung one of his legs over the other and leaned back slightly, flashing a pointed grin in his direction. "An Incubus, yes...a breed of demon that thrives on sex and needs it every day. If I, erm...don't get what I need...I will start to get sick and lose my somewhat youthful appearance. In a week's time, if I still don't get anything, I will turn to dust and fade away."

He paused, deeming that a little awkward to say. "Thankfully, there are many people willing to sate that hunger, so you don't have to worry about it yet...unless you honestly want to."

The demon peered over at the still-burning building. The fire was almost doused and the male found himself growing more and more bored as the fire dwindled. "When do you have to be at school tomorrow?"

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-26-2011, 08:29 AM

"N-no thank you," Aaron said quickly, his face flushing crimson. He couldn't believe how he was acting. He'd never been this...shy? Emrabbassed? Whatever it was he didn't know exactly where it had come from. He pushed that thought to the back of his mind at the mention of school. He was glad that he would still be allowed to continue his education. He quickly went through his time table in his mind before reporting tit to Shadow.

"Most days classes are from nine in the morning through to four in the afternoon with some breaks between and study time. On Fridays they start at ten and finish at three instead of four. with about two hours free for working on reports and asignments. Aaron shuffled slightly before shifting his position, moving his legs out from under him and stretching them out over the edge of the building and letting them dangle there. He felt a little uneasy sitting this close to the edge but nothing that he was unable to cope with. "

((I apologise if I get timings muddled. I don't know what the normal time table would be like))