Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 09-18-2011, 01:54 AM

Thanks :) And New Zealand is a neat place to visit if you do ever make it.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-18-2011, 01:57 AM

Aw, but you changed it now... T_T And put some of that cold stuff on it too, I don't want it to get cold yet. T_T

It looks absolutely beautiful. I hope to make it some day but it's super far away and plane fare would be horrendous. Going back to France is probably my first priority, visiting Japan at least once is my second, and seeing New Zealand one day would probably be tied with going to China on my "might not make it there but I can dream at least" list.

Krissy
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-18-2011, 02:03 AM

I'm really jealous of people who wear nail polish. Mainly because I end up peeling mine off after a day. x.x

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-18-2011, 02:07 AM

I have trouble wearing it for long because I get annoyed when it starts to chip off and end up taking it off but I'm getting better at it. When I was younger I would paint my nails and then I stopped for a long time and hardly ever painted them but now I'm getting back into it. I think doing art had a lot to do with it. When I was taking art classes I would always ruin them one way or another but now that I'm out of school I don't have to worry about that as much. ^^;

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 09-18-2011, 02:32 AM

Yeah, I made this one for a contest. The other one was just me showing off my new shotgun.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-18-2011, 02:35 AM

I can't remember, where did that item come from?

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 09-18-2011, 02:37 AM

The shotgun? It comes from the armoury, I was showing off because it was expensive, and i was proud of myself for having the gold for it.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-18-2011, 02:39 AM

Ah, I couldn't remember. It's been popping up more often recently so I was a bit curious about it.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 09-18-2011, 02:40 AM

Yeah, it's just a common, but an awesome one.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-18-2011, 02:43 AM

I dunno, it's not really my thing but people have been making some pretty nice avis with it.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 09-18-2011, 02:56 AM

I'm making a Dream Avatar with it, and it was the most expensive item on the list, so I got it first.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-18-2011, 02:57 AM

That's a good idea, I usually try to go for the hardest thing first as well. ^_^

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 09-18-2011, 02:58 AM

:yes: It's like eating the yuckiest thing on your plate first, so that you don't get it in the last mouthful.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-18-2011, 03:00 AM

LOL! I do that too! I always save the yummiest bite for last. ^^;

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-25-2011, 06:30 PM

Does anyone else have any other thoughts on this kind of nail polish?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-25-2011, 07:29 PM

i have to look for some matte finished nailpolish.
i really love the look!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-25-2011, 08:53 PM

I'll admit I think that black looks very cool, but I also have no idea how I'd recreate a look like that myself and not have it look an horrific mess :oops:

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-25-2011, 09:06 PM

you could use the templete of a half moon to put over your matte portion of the nail and just polish like normal for the french tip portion.
you could do it Jelly.

~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post
Click on thumbnail for full view

I got some new nail polish during a trip to the mall the other day and upon applying it, realized that it was matte (not shiny)! I was a bit surprised as I've never seen a polish like that before and I have to admit that I don't really like it. I put a clear glossy coat over top to make it shiny like the colors that I usually wear but it got me thinking that you might be able to do some neat effects with it (like in the picture above).

Has anyone else ever seen a polish like this before? What do you think of matte effect?
What was that matte nailpolish? -tilts head- I'm in love with Sinful Colors that I buy at Walgreen. Cheap and 5* use. :) The nail polish lasts up to a week. Expensive nail polish I get chips on the first night. T.T

----------

Also, I want to try marbling one day. :)

Elwing
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-25-2011, 10:39 PM

Red nails, blue nails, depends what I wear.
My standard nail polish is dark blue, I used to do dark black on but I look a little
too emo with that cause I wear alot of black, cateye makeup and have bloodred hair atm.
Most of the time my nails are short, but I also had these long fake ones, in a point,
awesomeness, that drew alot of attention from guys ^__^; *awkward feeling*
And sometimes I do black french tips, well actualy darkblue cause no more black for me haha.

The pic in the first post looks nice, but the matte thing, not sure, it makes me think of a very
awesome musclecar I saw a while ago, but it was matte. Nawww.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-26-2011, 05:09 AM

@ Jelly: I love your signature, it totally made me LOL. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~{MagikRiter}~ View Post
Also, I want to try marbling one day. :)
I've never heard of that. How is it done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

you could use the templete of a half moon to put over your matte portion of the nail and just polish like normal for the french tip portion.
you could do it Jelly.
That's a good idea. They have stickers that you can lay across your nail to keep things neat but I've never tried them myself. I'm sure they would make it a lot easier though.

@ Elwing: I find that black doesn't really look that good on me. The darker polishes are also harder to apply so I don't wear them that often. >.<

Last edited by zigbigadorlube; 09-26-2011 at 05:12 AM..

Elwing
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-26-2011, 09:54 AM

@zigbigadorlube: True, and when it comes off, you see it right away. But yeah no black for me thats why I
prefer a different colour than black.

God I hate it when I just did my nails, I have to do something, and then it comes off right away.
I use some transparent polish that I aply on the colour, but it doesnt realy work. Maybe cause they
are cheap? I don't know. Anyone got any ideas?

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 09-26-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~{MagikRiter}~ View Post

[/COLOR]Also, I want to try marbling one day. :)
I tried marbling yesterday! It's much harder than the tutorials make out. Unfortunately, only a couple of my nail polishes worked properly, so I think it depends greatly on the make/consistency of the nail polish. Otherwise, most of mine just ended up being a small blob floating on the water and not spreading out. It can be very messy but I think the designs you can make are amazing!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigbigadorlube View Post

That's a good idea. They have stickers that you can lay across your nail to keep things neat but I've never tried them myself. I'm sure they would make it a lot easier though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

you could do it Jelly.
zigbigadorlube:
hummy:
Is there anywhere I can buy half moon nail tip stickers/templates?I've heard of them but I dont know where to get them. Is there such a thing as a reusable one, so I dont have to chuck them away? If not, then I think I shall event a silicone nail tips template!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-26-2011, 03:07 PM

i am sure you can buy a french tip application from the store but i have never done that.
i use the reminents from a page of stickers.
*ish very frugal*
then i use an exato knife to cut to my nail width.
it is reaslly easy to do.
TIP: make sure your nail is dry.
i repeate DRY!
it makes an awful mess if you are even a little tacky.
a friend of mine uses carboard from anything and she just holds it in place.
when the cardboard has had too many applications she just tosses it away and uses another piece.
*mostly they are from her daughters snacks, like little debbie's*
i just am not that talented, i need the stickers.
oh, any by the way i do not cover my whole nail and i leave a little bit overlap so i can pull them off easily.
hope i was clear and if i wasn't just ping me back.
let me know how you easy or hard you find it.
<3.

Cat Eye
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-26-2011, 04:06 PM

I've never seen a matte polish....technically it shouldn't be called polish then....you know....since polish is supposed to make things shiny.

It's just nail paint lol.

If I had a steadier hand....I'd like to do what's in that picture...except I don't so it would look fucked up.