TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 01-28-2019, 09:00 AM

PFft! X'D True.

I still need to decide on my goodie from the last event agafkajh

R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 01-28-2019, 09:13 AM

Haha its even worse because I have actual art to do too not just adopts. I got my new laptop in 2017 so i started doing doodle art (thus as hummy named them, RuDoodles but i liked the adopts better so i have even more to do its okay tho ill get everything done eventually

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 01-29-2019, 07:08 AM

And hopefuly I won't forget XP

Risque
bing chilling

Old 01-29-2019, 07:29 AM

^ If we wait 5 years for adopts at least it will be like a brand new adopt.

Take however long you want though! Just make sure you have fun doing your art Rubes. :)

R u b y

Old 01-29-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risque View Post
^ If we wait 5 years for adopts at least it will be like a brand new adopt.

Take however long you want though! Just make sure you have fun doing your art Rubes. :)
Aww thx bb I made some others for Linn to get a break from the catdeers so I don't get burnt out

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 01-30-2019, 09:13 AM

Prooobably a good idea X'D

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 01-31-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risque View Post

The tricky thing with juice is that you also want to retain most of the pulp since you want a good ratio of fiber to sugar, I think. Lots of store-bought juices (even the pulpy ones) just don't do it for me.

I'm so glad alternative milks are getting so popular. There are so many different uses for them. I totally agree with you in that soy milk just isn't that great for cereal while almond pairs amazingly well. I'm still used to coconut milk for cooking but that's just my exposure from eating at Thai Restaurants.

Hmm... milk in tea. I LOVE milk tea but I think most of the boba places use a powdered non-dairy creamer for their milk teas. There's no real store-bought equivalent of that. Any clues?

Will definitely look out for some oat milk though.
Yeah, I have that issue to sometimes. But I recently bought a blender, so now I make smoothies for breakfast and sometimes as a snack at night. :D So I get both the pulp and the liquid-ness of juice!!

I think the coconut milk they use in cooking is slightly different than coconut milk they sell in cartons. :O I've used coconut milk to cook before, but it usually came in a can and was separated. Like, the liquid would be on the bottom of the can, while all of the "meat" settled at the top. D: But in drinking coconut milk from a carton, it doesn't separate and it is nowhere near as thick!

Yeah, I love milk tea too! With boba!! :D
I went to a boba place back in Minnesota and asked if they could make it with a different type of milk (no dairy) and they said that they don't use dairy milk. Only a non-dairy creamer. :O Hmmm... Here in the USA they do sell non-dairy creamers... I'm not sure how "healthy" they are, though. D: When I went to the gym in Minnesota they had coffee with powdered creamer and I used to put it in my coffee most days. I did some research on the creamer, just for fun, and I found out that it's mostly made up of nothing but chemicals. :/

I think there just HAS to be some creamers that are not made of just chemicals... :( I just haven't been able to find any yet. D: (But in defense, I haven't exactly been doing much research on the non-toxic, non-dairy creamer.)

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-01-2019, 06:49 AM

About all I know about powdered non-dairy creamers is that they can create some reeeeeallllly big fireballs (not from personal experience, I'm not that dumb; I watch Mythbusters), and that I'm generally not a big fan of them *shrug*. But then I'm also pretty sure my DNA is made of cheese instead of nucleotides .

On the subject of milk substitutes though, one of these days I need to pick up some chocolate soymilk while grocery shopping one of these days. Not for health reasons, but because chocolate soymilk is delicious . Tastes like a malt.....

Kory

Old 02-01-2019, 08:13 PM

OMG! I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU, TAIYO! :d

Chocolate soymilk is BOMB!!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 02-02-2019, 05:25 AM

I'm not a fan of soy milk, though I do enjoy black soy milk more. o .o

Almond milk is super tasty but it doesn't seem to be very popular around here so I rarely ever see them in stores.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-02-2019, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiyoTsuki View Post
But then I'm also pretty sure my DNA is made of cheese instead of nucleotides .
From (cheese) dust to dust.

Chocolate soy... black soy.. so many new things to try. O: I tried the Silk brand of almond yogurt a few weeks ago and it was really tasty, if not runny. I'm more used to the texture of greek yogurt, lol. I'm trying to stay away from dairy (unless its Cheese xD) but these yogurts are just too dang expensive.. like $1.25 a cup at the CHEAPEST

@ Ava: If there's ever a popular, mass-produced no dairy creamer I don't think I would ever drink anything else again. I'm enough of a tea addict as it is. But yeah, lots of coffee creamers are actually non dairy, but they just don't taste the same as the boba milk tea ones. ~sigh~

I hope you all had a wonderful week! I don't have much for updates cuz I've been swamped... but hooray for productivity??

---------- Post added 02-02-2019 at 12:53 PM ----------

I just found a very informative article on black soy beans (first google result lul). Sign me up for the hype.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/communi.../#.XFYDBapKiMo

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-16-2019, 08:43 AM

Didn't even know black soybeans were a thing......

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-17-2019, 02:05 AM

why is cheese not vegan?

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-17-2019, 07:59 PM

It's an animal by product, Hums.

I think there's vegan cheese out there... somewhere.

R u b y

Old 02-17-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

why is cheese not vegan?
Vegetarianism is just not eating animals, and veganism is not eating anything made from animals. So things like cheese and milk because they come from animals.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-18-2019, 09:47 AM

Whiiiiiich is why I would never be able to go fully vegan; I like cheese, actual cheese from actual milk, way too much. Same with seafood, can't give up either .

Kory

Old 02-22-2019, 03:04 AM

Lately I've been having dreams about eating meat. :/
I don't really miss meat.

It's really weird too! I don't crave meat while I'm awake and I've been vegetarian going on 4 years. x.x

I dunno what's wrong with my brain. :x

The only meat I've "missed" has been seafood. Particularly sushi. x.x
But every time I get the chance to eat it, I don't. My love for animals outweighs my desire for meat. x.x

But that's just me. People love animals in different ways.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-22-2019, 03:16 AM

*hugs for Ava* we all show love in different ways but there’s is definitely something that sets vegetarians and vegans apart from omnivores. I wish I could be that devoted to animals but idk.. it doesn’t seem feasible for me to go completely meat-less but I should do more to combat factory farming.

Eating less red meat is better for the environment too. Drive the demand down.

Kory

Old 02-22-2019, 03:31 AM

*hug!*

Yeah, I have known several vegans who believed that even owning an animal as a "pet" was not vegan. I've seen several protesters at the Renaissance Festival who were pissed off that the elephant rides were demeaning for the elephant??

In MY honest opinion, I *love* animals, but I do believe that domesticated animals NEED a human to take care of them. I wouldn't have let me bunny loose because she's an "animal" and I shouldn't be using her for "Entertainment". Even then, she wqasn't "entertainment" she was a "companion".

There's also been a few vegan Youtubers that I love that were brutally harassed because they got a dog from a breeder instead of adopting. Even though I wouldn't have made that decision myself, I liked her explanation...
"Telling someone to adopt a dog because there are many homeless dogs out there is like telling your parents that they shouldn't have had you because there are so many homeless children out there!"

Made sense to me. I bought my bunny from a breeder, myself. But at the time, I didn't know anything about adoption. Frankly, I wasn't *thrilled* to have a rabbit. Truthfully, my parents let me get a rabbit from my dad's friend's farm because I used to have a pet rooster, but he was too loud, too crazy and I couldn't take care of him anymore. So, they got me a rabbit.

I didn't do any research on how to care for a rabbit. I wasn't prepared for her to live so long, either! I honestly didn't really want a rabbit, but as soon as I saw her, she melted my heart. :D I do feel as though I've "Saved" her, as she was the only lop rabbit in the litter and was going to be bred to make possible other lop rabbits.

I'm so happy I got her. But now that I know more about rabbits, I am definitely going to adopt when I get my own place with enough room.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-23-2019, 01:42 AM

Yeah, I totally get what you mean. Domestication, in my opinion, is a perfectly reasonable way for humans and animals to cohabit the same space. We should always strive to be better though, and that does mean adopting and treating our livestock humanely.

I will admit that I judge people who own "popular" breeds of dogs. There are valid reasons for wanting a specific breed because of their temperament, but it seems sort of vain to go based on looks.. but I guess I shouldn't say much else because I'm a cat person and I wouldn't really have this dilemma unless I was faced with adopting one of those hairless cats D: I think they look freaky.. hypocritical.. I know.

---------- Post added 02-22-2019 at 05:43 PM ----------

I'm glad that you are open to adopting. Thankfully most people who become informed about those animal breeders (not the actual licensed ones) say that they would just adopt in the future, knowing what they do now.

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-23-2019, 08:38 AM

Both of my girls are rescues, and the cutest things in the world >w<. Saw them, cats claimed...you get the picture X'D

What bothers me is the people who're so determined to be vegan in everything that they even put their pets on a vegan diet. Which is fine, if you've got a bunny or guinea pig, or some other little critter who eats plants normally. But it's not good if you've got a pet who's an obligate carnivore, like a cat or a dog.

I also don't like people who get a pet to use them basically as a piece of house decoration. It's demeaning, and if you don't think an animal's going to want attention and to be loved, you really shouldn't get a pet.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-23-2019, 07:14 PM

@ Tai: And there lies one of my main issues with veganism. Humans adopting a vegan diet is fine, because they have the autonomy to decide what to eat, and they also have the resources to ensure that they can make up for any nutritional deficiencies. Household pets don't have that choice when you're deciding what they're going to eat. It's cruel to make them eat something they weren't biologically meant to eat. Of course, that also applies to all the fillers they put in regular pet food, such as corn, peas, etc. :(

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-24-2019, 07:49 AM

That's why I usually try to go for cat food that's primarily meat, even though it does have other stuff like carrots and peas and other veggies. And it's not like cats can't eat veggies (whenever we go out for Chinese, I have to ward my kitties away from the carrots in my stir-fried veggies X'D), it's just that meat has to be a primary part of their diet. Same with dogs and some reptiles like snakes.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-24-2019, 10:47 PM

That's a relief! I've been feeling guilty all this time for feeding dry food to my cats.

Can I ask how many kitties you have? :3

TaiyoTsuki
Raging Asexual

Old 02-26-2019, 07:59 AM

Just two. Hela and Minerva~
Pics!
Is Minerva
And Hela

Genetically, we think they're cousins. But by the time I met them when they were babies they'd already bonded as sisters, so I had to ignore my mom's rule of "one cat" X'D.