orange
most awesome person you'll ever ...
Send a message via MSN to orange

Old 08-04-2007, 04:55 PM

Yeah, well I've been working on this picture for a while (off and on)

It was originally designed to be a tattoo...but well I doubt the person will use it
(I still haven't finished)

XD

but I was wondering what y'all think of it so far?
I know the writing isn't the right style and her hair isn't shaded
and apparently she's supposed to have pythons as the snakes in her hair?
I didn't know that until this morning XD
so I'm thinking of redrawing the snakes, but some of them I love too much to redraw >:

anyways, I always love constructive criticism >w<
it helps me to better my pictures!

kinda big so I linked it XD

Caeluma
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-04-2007, 06:01 PM

aw thats awsome! the shading is great! ^_^

orange

Old 08-04-2007, 06:25 PM

Thank you >w<

any suggestions on something I should fix o 3o ??
lol

Caeluma
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-04-2007, 06:51 PM

just finish the shading!

sam_doll
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to sam_doll

Old 08-04-2007, 11:30 PM

Whoa! That's so cool, the shading on the body (or what little body there is, lol) rocks, and I love the look on her face, nice job! :D

Malkav
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-05-2007, 02:20 AM

I'm kind of bothered by her eyes. Two reasons I can think of for this are first, they're very sad. Unless you were going for a sad Medusa, it seems wrong for her to look that way, especially given what the text says, how vicious the snakes look and how she was portrayed mythologically. Still, if sad is what you were going for, you got it, but I would think she'd be more angry or evil looking. The other reason I can think of is that they look kinda alien. I think it's the lack of pupils that gives that effect but to me, she looks more like an alien than a monster.
I noticed something else that might be contributing. Her arms are behind her back and it gives an almost bound sort of look. Again, if you were going more for the sad/alone kind of look, it is definitely working for you, but when I think of Medusa I think more threatening and the snakes definitely give the threatening vibe too. I think that over all, your art is great but between the pose and eyes and the snakes, I can't tell if I'm supposed to be afraid of her or want to hug her.

orange

Old 08-05-2007, 05:29 PM

Well the guy who I was originally designing this for wanted her to look "mournful" so that's why I did that
but since I've decided to do something different (and make it an entry on DA) I was actually thinking of making her look more fierce (change the expression on her face XD) because I just can't bring myself to redo the snake heads >:

and lol@not knowing whether to hug her or be afraid

Pearl
Toruk Makto

Old 08-05-2007, 09:55 PM

• I'm awful, so I'm offering praise instead of crit, because you're so wonderful compared to me. n_n

*finished sucking up*

crystal_wings6
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-05-2007, 10:48 PM

I really like the way you put scales around her face. And the snakes are great too!

orange

Old 08-06-2007, 03:42 AM

@crystal: >w< thank you! originally they were gonna just be on the cheek bones as shiney spots, but then I remembered that medusa had scales so I put them everywhere XDD

@Capsule: lol, I'm not that good o.O;
but thank you XD

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 08-06-2007, 03:39 PM

o.o Oh my Goodness, its beautiful. Though I don't understand what's with the writing and all.

orange

Old 08-07-2007, 04:05 PM

XD the writing is part of lyrics to a song by Bring Me The Horizon
The name of the song used to be "For Stevie Wonder's Eyes Only" but they had to change it to "Braile"
I've no idea why they had to change it... o.O
kinda makes me sad though cuz I like the sound of "For Stevie Wonder's Eyes Only" more XD

and the reason it is on Medusa is because they sing another song called "(I Used To Make Out With) Medusa"
and well, my friend that I was designing this for said that he wanted a picture of Medusa, but he also wanted those lyrics and didn't know which to get so I was like "why not put the lyrics in the picture with Medusa?"
XD

but thank you o 3o <3

Shakey
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Shakey

Old 08-15-2007, 08:59 PM

Your drawing is as sexy as usual Trippeh <33 I love the shading! *Has no critiscm*

Kongouseki
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-16-2007, 03:40 AM

that is good! i would critic, but my stuff pales in comparison to yours. ^^; plus, i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Gamersdreams
*^_^*

Old 08-16-2007, 05:25 AM

I love the snake with it's mouth open and the one on top of her head. The shading is amazing and so is pretty much the whole picture. I love the skulls by the scroll. Without them there, I think it'd look a bit bare, if you know what I'm saying. She looks sad though. I think for Medusa, a mischievous look, or an evil smirk would work better. I think some of the snakes could use some redoing and you just need to finish up shading. Otherwise a very lovely job!