jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-13-2014, 04:33 PM

I'm sat here with Minecraft open on its menu page, because that plays game music now on there. The nice soothing stuff, not the chicken dying or weird jangly stuff xD It's nicely unobtrusive because it's instrumentals.

Something else I can leave on for ages is this link Wishie shared with me.

http://www.rainymood.com/

So now I have the Minecraft music playing, and rain at the same time, this is great! :D

-chills-

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 03-13-2014, 04:41 PM

I haven't played minecraft nor listened to it's music, but I'd love to hear the rain! But for some reason it isn't loading *_* I'll try it some other day, perhaps. I don't usually listen to any music, unless my sister forces me to--but when I do, I love listen to this old song: link Of course, it is not music, but they have the instrumental version too. And the male voice is lovely :D

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-13-2014, 06:44 PM

Minecraft music :D

Last edited by jellysundae; 03-13-2014 at 06:49 PM..

Horrorsaurus
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-14-2014, 09:00 PM

For some reason the perfect background music for me is The Killers. I often play it when I need to read and take notes, or other stuff which requires a fair bit of concentration. Maybe it's because all their tracks kind of sound the same... (!) I don't know, but they really do work for me!

Cataclysm
ಠ_ಠ

Old 03-18-2014, 12:40 AM

Whenever I'm drawing or doing schoolwork I always, ALWAYS put on a soundtrack from any of the Lord of the Rings movies. They sound so beautiful, and whenever the epic battle songs come on it makes everything much more intense before going back to the calm and soothing songs.

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 03-21-2014, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataclysm View Post
Whenever I'm drawing or doing schoolwork I always, ALWAYS put on a soundtrack from any of the Lord of the Rings movies. They sound so beautiful, and whenever the epic battle songs come on it makes everything much more intense before going back to the calm and soothing songs.
Cataclysm: you and I need to be buddies

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 03-22-2014, 02:25 AM

Not music, but I use Simply Noise on a brown oscillation for when I need to study.

I've been working on this Soothing Instrumental Playlist, largely video game music, but it's still really lacking. Not much there.

I'm also working on a Relaxing Playlist with Vocals. It's been helpful a few times recently when I've gotten stressed out and needed to calm down. Scrolling through tumblr while listening to that and taking deep breaths really helps. Bless the indie community.

Worth mentioning that both are assembled without any order in mind and are best listened to on shuffle or else you'll get three songs from the same band in a row.

Aganab
Butt

Old 04-02-2014, 12:29 PM

I'm really horrible when it comes to background music when I'm studying, because I tend to put on really catchy songs, or songs I can't resist singing to, so I get distracted when I'm trying to study

Gunslinger Cerise
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2014, 12:35 PM

I listen to Agata Kristi. Take this song for example:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-vt9b7LDos

Kay Lynn
Classes are kickin' my butt

Old 05-12-2014, 10:07 PM

When I'm drawing or doing general art related things I listen to....basically anything on The Tasty Network

When I'm cooking/baking I usually listen to music I can dance or bounce around to (or just sing really loudly). Here recently it's been the whole Seventeen Days album from 3 Doors Down

And when I'm studying/doing schoolwork I listen to instrumental music like Zelda Reorchestrated or Frozen Silence

Uniplex
Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sic...

Old 05-14-2014, 01:27 PM

Music that generally plays in my background?
A mixture of Shinedown, Skillet, Evanescence and Breaking Benjamin and the occasional instrumental from Hans Zimmer (bout said simmer lol). I am really into the sound of an electric guitar, it calms me and makes me feel happy. So the better the guitar solo, the happier the Uni lol!

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-20-2014, 11:30 AM

I usually listen to video game soundtracks to be honest...

oddish

Old 05-28-2014, 04:56 PM

i have a jazz radio station on itunes that works really well, but also the latest EITS album and some of the older mogwai stuff is good.

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 05-30-2014, 05:08 AM

My music library tends to be incredibly random and more or less the opposite of mellow.