NekoLen
Tachigami's Personal Slave

Penpal

Old 12-13-2013, 10:48 PM

Terry nodded, smiling slightly. He pulled Reid away from the others, not wanting them to stare at him as he talked. "I have my bag ready. We are going soon?" He wanted to tell Reid all about Grinner, for some reason. He wanted to tell the man how nice it was to be loved by one person, and how much he was coming to love the boy. He couldn't wait to get started on their trip, being with Reid for two weeks felt like a dream.

"I hope your grandma is nicer than mine," he commented, still smiling.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 12-13-2013, 11:04 PM

He went along with Terry, moving effortlessly when he was pulled along. "Good, good... I figure we'll take off soon---considering the weather, I have a feeling we'll be waiting for a while, so I moved our time down to ten. By the roads, I feel like it'll take about a couple hours to get to Kerry Airport. We'll have a nice view of the countryside, too." He considered that. After they got out of the trees, they would see seas and oceans of beautiful snow. Those frosted buildings, other vehicles puttering along. It was scenic, beautiful, and something he'd love to paint for his grandmother.

"Oh, I'd hope she's nice..." Reid tilted his head, but didn't push matters. "She basically took me in when I was kicked out by my dad. She's a tough old woman, but the sweetest thing I think you could ever meet." He smiled brightly---talking about the woman always brought a smile to his face like very few things could.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-13-2013, 11:12 PM

"You were... kicked out...?" He felt sad and angry at the same time. How dare his dad be so mean to such a lovely guy. He wished Reid had had his own father... The man had once told Terry that he'd still love him no matter what. Maybe his dad had guessed that he was gay, before Terry even knew himself. But he hadn't even tried to be with a girl, so he didn't even know if he was gay. The thoughts made his head spin, so he forgot them.

"I have to get something to eat first!" he said, rushing away to the table where many Christmas-themed breakfast foods were available. He hoped that they would be having a lovely Christmas dinner, like the one they had at school. Once he had eaten, he located Reid again. "I need to get my bag," he said.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-13-2013, 11:50 PM

Reid nodded slowly. His father had kicked him out after his mother's death, the woman being the only thing that had let him stay in that house. He had been too young at the time to go anywhere else. But he forgot that, shaking his head to escape it and coming back to reality. He nodded to Terry before the young man ran off, and joined the other teachers and the headmaster---who would be staying at the school for Christmas as well, but seeing his family when they visited him. He sat with the few teachers that were still there, settled for a more average breakfast than anything the school's cooks might come up with for the coming holiday.

He was saying his goodbyes to the other teachers, temporary though it was, when Terry came back. "Ah, okay then! I'll go pull my car around... You'll see it in an instant, Terry, I can promise you that!" He bounded off after giving Adam a bone-breaking hug, running to get his coat and strap it on. Soon they would be on the road, headed toward a small airport and loaded onto a small plane. He was looking forward to it all, to show Terry a new place, common though it was.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-19-2013, 03:56 AM

Terry left the cafeteria, going up to his room to gather his things. He locked the door behind him - Grinner had a key if he got back to school before he did. He then nearly bounced his way down the stairs and to the front door. Instead of walking into the school grounds, he started down the path and towards the carpark, seeing Reid's car instantly.

The car suited a man like Reid and it made him smile. He saw the pink haired teacher around the back of it, moving his own luggage around the boot. "I got my stuff!" He had packed light compared to Reid and it made him falter. Was he certain he had everything he needed for the next few weeks? "You have lots of things..."

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:04 AM

Reid's coat was fitted to him, a solid, bright blue-green exterior with a hood lined in a canary-yellow tone, and gloves whose fingers were striped in different, bright colors. He'd brought up three trunks and tossed them into the back, smiling at Terry as he approached with his own. He shrugged, taking Terry's bags and setting them in alongside his own. "Yeah, I guess I do." He laughed. "All my half-finished art, my supplies, and some warm clothes in case it gets cool at night. You sure you got everything you need?" That Terry didn't have much with him concerned Reid. He might become restless, bored, have little to do. Perhaps the outside would become boring to him, or his house would grow tired.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-19-2013, 05:16 AM

Terry nodded, avoiding the teacher's concerned gaze. He didn't own a lot of possessions. He had basically lived at Holly Oak for most of his life and what he did have he had bought for himself in the holidays. He lifted his small briefcase into the back and waited to be told to enter the car. When he was told he was allowed to sit down in the passenger's seat, he did so, buckling his safety belt and waiting patiently to start driving.

They drove down the country roads in almost silence, heading towards the airport. Terry was watching the scenery outside, smiling as he felt happier than he had in years. A string of conversation entered his mind and he turned to look at Reid. "I think I love Grinner, I mean William, sir... He's so... When I told him I was going to your grandma's place with you, he acted all protective... I never thought he'd be like this... And then we didn't talk we just... It was really nice, I hadn't felt good doing it before..." He sighed and looked back out the window. "Reid, who is your boyfriend? I won't tell anyone... I just want to know... Does he do things to you? Things you like?"

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:25 AM

They started away in a relative quiet. The wheels of his bright, neon car was a streak of color through the white world, the sharp-looking oak trees whose clinging leaves looked frosted. He was smiling again---he couldn't help it. The feeling was beautiful, racing through a white world that looked dead but was really thriving underneath the frozen shell. the silence itself, calming. Sweet and serene. He glanced sideways at Terry as the boy started to speak, and tilted his head in response. Then his brow knitted, and he pushed his glasses up.

Talking about anything intimate with a student was always odd. Terry was always straightforward, however, and never tried to cover what he wanted to say or ask in a lot of fluff. "I... might think Adam is. The junior history teacher, I'm sure you know. Ah... I don't know if I'd call him much more than a companion, though... I do care about him, I suppose. And he does, yes... When you love or care about someone, what they do to you means so much more. And because you know how you feel about William, you can feel good about what he does. You have a very deep, close emotional connection, and that translates." He smiled lightly, patting the young man on the shoulder, and then turning his eyes back to the straight-shot road. "I'm glad you found someone that cares about you." He added quietly, threading a hand through his hair and keeping it there.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-20-2013, 08:45 PM

Terry smiled and went quiet. He thought he had seen that teacher around the school and talking to Reid. He was quite handsome, and Terry thought they made a good couple. He thought about Grinner, feeling strange when he did so. Did they make a good couple? "Sir, do you think Gr- I mean William and I make a good couple?" He hoped they did, because a part of him never wanted Grinner to leave his side.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:30 PM

Reid lifted a brow, glancing sideways. "I think you do." He said truthfully. "Since you and he have been together I noticed a difference in you. You're happier. And I'm glad to see that... More than glad, really. He makes you happy and that's what matters. And I think he helps you feel more... complete. You see, Terry, I've noticed you around the school before you were ever in my art class. You just seemed so... detached from everything and everyone. Like reaching out, or trying to care, didn't really matter, or would ultimately hurt you in the end. I'm glad you're happier now." He smiled a little, watching the falling snow from the trees above powder the air and the windshield of the warm vehicle.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-30-2013, 12:19 AM

Terry smiled as well, looking at the snow falling as well. He really had changed since he decided to make William his boyfriend. He realised that he could feel it in himself, this happiness Reid had mentioned. He kept quiet for the rest of the journey to the airport, wondering what these next couple of weeks would be like. He hoped that they would be able to fish still, even if it was cold and snowing.

They boarded their flight, which happened to be a small jet. Terry was used to the bigger ones, so sitting in a smaller one set him on edge. He was glad to sit between the window and Reid, and found a small magazine to read as the plane took off. The air hostess walked passed them, offering drinks. She smiled at Terry and Reid, pushing her cart. "Would you or your son like some complementary water?" she asked nicely. Terry blushed and stared out the window. Did they really look like father and son? He liked that idea.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:09 AM

He was so glad to be heading back home. Back to his home, his grandmother and everything. Back to the warmth. A break from the cold weather, the snow, was necessary, and after they boarded the flight he draped his coat over the back of his seat, settling in for the flight. It would have to make a stop before their final destination to refuel---the bane of small jets that might be smaller and faster, but with smaller tanks and engines as well.

It was quiet while they took to the air, and once things leveled out he focused on his notebook, which had been stowed away in his carry-on bag. He immediately looked toward the hostess as she approached and gave a bright smile, tilting his head a bit at her comment. "That'd be beautiful, dear." He replied brightly. "But he's not my son---he's a dear friend of mine. Do I really look that old?" He glanced toward Terry, accepting the hostess's apology with a smile and the glasses of water as well, offering one to Terry.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 12-30-2013, 02:14 AM

Terry took the glass of water and put it carefully in the cup holder located in his armrest. He waited for the hostess to move on before looking to Reid with a smile. "I wouldn't mind... If you were my dad..." he said. As long as he didn't die like his real dad did... This thought made him go quiet.

The flight was smooth enough, which was surprising due to the weather. They landed prematurely to fill up the plane, before heading off to their destination. During the brief break, Terry stood to stretch his legs, looking around the cabin at everyone else on the plane. He sat back down before take-off, going back to reading and having a sip of water.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:37 AM

Reid smiled, bit his lip a little. He never thought about being a father. Why not? He loved kids, and knew he could adopt if he really wanted to. Adopt a child that needed a home. Give them someone to love them. A family, however small that family might be. He tapped his pencil, looking at the house he was drawing and dozing. The flight seemed short, but he had slept a good amount, and woke up when the jet landed to refuel in South Carolina. He stood, stretching his legs a bit more now that he had a sturdy place to do so, and glanced toward Terry as they returned to the air.

He closed his sketchbook, starting to draw on the cover, and watched the young man for a moment. "I hope you'll like it there." He said after a while. "It can be a little odd to decorate a house with Christmas things when the temperature is warm and sunny, but... it feels nice. It feels like it should be that way. Warm." Maybe he would feel as if he had a real family. Hopefully. He knew his grandmother would love Terry---she loved everyone, really, except his father and brother.

Last edited by Tachigami; 12-30-2013 at 03:06 AM..

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-02-2014, 03:26 AM

"It would be a nice change," Terry replied, still smiling. He hadn't had a proper Christmas for years, not since his father died. "I can help you decorate your tree... And maybe help your grandma too... Will we be going to her house for Christmas?" He was growing more and more excited as they came closer and closer to where Reid lived.

He finished his water and watched the window. They were losing altitude, as they got ready to land. It was strange to see night above the clouds and daytime still below. "It's gonna be late when we get there, isn't it?"

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:37 PM

Reid settled back, hugging his book close to him. Terry sounded happier than Reid had heard him before, perhaps beyond a time or two beforehand, when he had come to realize his affection for William. And he loved to hear that in the young man's voice. "Yeah, we'll be headed to her house on Christmas eve, and we'll stay there until late Christmas day." Usually they would invite a close friend or two, but perhaps this time they would simply remain a trio. A very small family, of sorts. A strange family, but a family nonetheless.

"It'll be... pretty late, yeah..." Reid checked his watch but realized it was still set to the wrong time. "Huh... I'll say probably past midnight by the time we get there. So it'll take a while to get accustomed to the time difference... It's just six hours, but those six hours can confuse you pretty easily." Picking up his drawing utensils, Reid slid them into their bag and sat upright. "Should get a cab outside the airport since my car's overseas... It's where I am most of the time, made sense." He shrugged a little, smiling brightly. He looked forward to seeing his home again, his grandmother.

NekoLen

Penpal

Old 01-21-2014, 09:32 PM

Terry looked out the window as the pilot mentioned that they were beginning their landing sequence. They had flown under the clouds now and Terry could make out a city below them. He put on his belt as instructed and made sure there was nothing out that would become lost as the plane made its jerky landing onto the runway.

They slowed down near the end of the stretch of tarmac, and came to a stop as various vehicles came to meet them. The stairs were attached and the doors opened. Terry was glad to get out of the small plane, which had been a bit of a rough ride at times. He made sure he had his carry on bag with him and entered the small stream of people that were leaving their seats and making their way out of the plane. Once his feet were firmly on the ground, he stepped to a side and waited for Reid to join him.

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.

Old 01-31-2014, 12:28 AM

Reid was glad to feel the jet land and finally roll to a stop, and he gathered his things, sliding them into his bag before standing and following Terry. Off the plane, down the stairs, Reid sniffed the air and was glad to smell real air rather than the compressed stuff they'd been subject to for so long. They couldn't see many stars from where they were, and wouldn't be able to for a while, until they left the city and got into the countryside. Jumping the last two steps, he stood alongside Terry and looked at the airport. "I really miss this place when I'm away." He said, putting a hand on Terry's shoulder. "It's nice to be back, even if I do love my job at the school."

They followed the rest into the airport and to one of the baggage claims that had their flight listed over the conveyor belt, gathering the bags they brought along. "I'd say the airport's cab services are still running." He said, leading Terry along with the trickle of people. "People come in from all over the globe at all hours after all." And on these occasions Reid usually found one just down the way after leaving the airport.