Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 10-29-2009, 10:47 PM

Last edited by Sizzla; 10-30-2009 at 05:04 AM..

Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 10-29-2009, 10:47 PM

Well hello my friends...it's that time of the year again! Excessive sugar consumption, dressing up in ridiculous outfits and terrorizing the neighborhood, and that's just the adults...

So once again we throw open the doors of Menewsha's town hall to welcome in the revelers, but wait, are you really sure you want to step inside?? For in here we are celebrating the Day of the Dead, and who knows what you may find on the other side of these doors...

Step into the ballroom, it has been transformed! Bright paper streamers and tapestries swathe the walls. Garlands made of fresh fruit and flowers are entwined around the pillars, all bedecked with tiny twinkling white and orange lights. The tables are strewn with rose and marigold petals, each lit by candles in carnival glass shades and each chair wears its own corsage of glowing flowers.

The band! Well...who ever thought that skeletons could be so dexterous? Feast your eyes upon these gentlemen and their wonderful Catrina make-up (well I'm assuming it's make-up...) and outfits. So much more fun than their usual dinner suits, I think they should dress in mutli-coloured sombreros all the time!

If you've worked up an appetite after dancing then the buffet will be the place for you. We have a HUGE variety as always; you can choose from your traditional party fare but we also have one table dedicated to a Latin theme (you can wait in line behind me for the tamales!) including some wonderful painted sugar skulls which are piled up between the dishes.

We also have a very fun table of suitably gruesome Halloween food! Do you dare eat any of it, well do you? It's not real eyeballs, blood and fingers and so on, honest *snicker*. Vicktoria has also baked up a batch of particularly disgusting-looking cookies which I'm sure she'll be trying to force-feed people with, so watch out for those!

We've extended the theme out into the garden too, as always our grill chef is busy barbequing up some tasty delights on the terrace (just no questions about what kind of meat it is, ok?) Torches light the way and keep the chill at bay, all walkways are lit with strings of rather fun skull lanterns and Nalin's been up to something...either that or the gardens have been invaded by monster spiders, all the archways and tall trees are covered with what looks a LOT like giant cobwebs. I'll just hope they're fake ;)

On the main lawn we have a positively enormous bonfire, we've been collecting the wood for this since the summer and we intend for it to stay alight right through the event, so feel free to throw off your inhibitions and dance wildly around that!

We also have various entertainment features dotted around the main lawn. Lots of booths of the fun fair variety have been set up, so you can try your hand at all kinds of games and maybe win a goldfish that will be dead by tomorrow!

All in all there's something for everyone here; you can eat, you can dance, you can play or just relax, but above all, you can have FUN!!

Cyndel
I never make the mistake of argu...
Send a message via AIM to Cyndel Send a message via MSN to Cyndel Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndel

Old 10-31-2009, 10:39 AM

*wanders in* Oh wow, first post for once? Amazing!

Haha hello everyone. ^^ ...Even though at the moment I am totally alone in here. >.>;

*Hime*

Old 10-31-2009, 10:41 AM

Hooray!

Hello everyone <3

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Hello peoples of the deadness.

Jeanie
Cat Lady
Send a message via AIM to Jeanie Send a message via MSN to Jeanie Send a message via Yahoo to Jeanie

Hey Cyn, your dress is very pretty.

Hi Hime and HIM

Insert_Witty_Username
Flamboyant Gelatinous Kumquat
Send a message via MSN to Insert_Witty_Username

Old 10-31-2009, 10:46 AM

Hullo everybody! *waves cheerfully and throws confetti randomly*

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 10-31-2009, 10:48 AM

Hello Witty

Xandriana
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-31-2009, 10:49 AM

Yay the Halloween event finally started.

Cyndel
Send a message via AIM to Cyndel Send a message via MSN to Cyndel Send a message via Yahoo to Cyndel

Old 10-31-2009, 10:49 AM

Aww, thanks, Jeanie. ^^ And hey there, everyone. *browsing event commons*

nvs
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-31-2009, 10:50 AM

So what do you guys think of the bone and skulls etc system?

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 10-31-2009, 10:51 AM

Hrm. I guess this will have to do for a place to hangout. -Nodnod-

Jeanie
Cat Lady
Send a message via AIM to Jeanie Send a message via MSN to Jeanie Send a message via Yahoo to Jeanie

Old 10-31-2009, 10:52 AM

I like the layout for the event forum. Pretty purple.

The moving on the banner at the top keeps distracting me. :XD

Insert_Witty_Username
Flamboyant Gelatinous Kumquat
Send a message via MSN to Insert_Witty_Username

Old 10-31-2009, 10:52 AM

I'm still a little confused about the bone thing to be honest...

Ebony Mist
Lurker
Send a message via MSN to Ebony Mist

Old 10-31-2009, 10:54 AM

I rather like the bone system, though I'm confused as to why you need 3 skulls to make a full skeleton...

Cyndel

Old 10-31-2009, 10:54 AM

*has not yet read the FAQ and thus doesn't know how the bone thing works yet* ^^;

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-31-2009, 10:55 AM

It's probably best not to ask why you need three... I think they crush up the extra bones to fill in the gaps elsewhere. D:

Jeanie
Cat Lady

Old 10-31-2009, 10:56 AM

Yeah, I couldn't be bothered waiting for skeletons. :XD I bought some things. It's the first time I've had gold at the start of an event. I couldn't help myself.:sweat:

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-31-2009, 10:58 AM

I think I'm going to wait until all the commons are in the store first.

Jeanie
Cat Lady

Old 10-31-2009, 10:59 AM

I have no self control where the event store is concerned. :oops:

raeofsunshinelove
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via Yahoo to raeofsunshinelove

stands in line for some Tamales there is no was I am missing out on these

Cyndel

Oh you mean there's more than 8 pages worth of commons?
Crap, and here I thought I may get off cheap for lack of interest in more than hats and a couple of tops. XD

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 10-31-2009, 11:01 AM

I already blew through my gold. >.>... I always make it a point to buy the food items first.

LittleMissSick
Synner

This is my first time attending this event since I am a newb. But like what I've discovered so far. It's looking to be ghoulish fun!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

There's the female candy counterpart to the male candy counterpart and another set by a new pixelist we only hired the other day. :)