Luenola Marxiel
Radiance of the Night Sky
Send a message via MSN to Luenola Marxiel

Old 11-01-2009, 04:25 AM

XII The Hanged Man
Banner courtesy of Elegant Feather Duster

Welcome to the Hanged Man, a fun and cosy hangout with your hosts:
Rylynne, Feathers & Luel!

Join us for games, freebies and random conversation about anything under the moon as we celebrate yet another lovely Halloween event on the wonderful world of Menewsha!

Why co-host?
So you'll have three different people to talk to, or at least one at any given time of the day.
Each of us is on a different timezone, so we foresee at least one of us being here to play the good host (or hostess, as the case may be) most of the time.
Also, it turned out that we have similar goals for this event, which brings us to...

New to Menewsha?
Don't worry, we haven't been here that long either!
In fact, Rylynne and Luel are also celebrating their first Meneversary, while Feathers has only been here a few months longer than them.
Come hang out with us! Tell us how Menewsha has been for you so far, and make some new friends!
As a nice bonus, we may not be able to give you real candy, but we do have some gifts to hand out, so stick around and be active! We promise you won't regret it. =)

Why the theme?
Because Luel collects Tarot cards, and Rylynne and Feathers liked the idea.
Why the Hanged Man specifically? Because then we get to play the sort-of-matching game of Hang Man, which makes it cool. 8D
Also, because the card depicts someone hanging upside down who looks like s/he doesn't mind it very much.
Well, we're probably going to be very sleep-deprived during this event, but we'll still have a great time, so it's a pretty symbolic touch. XD
Moreover, it signifies surrendering to a higher wisdom, openness and acceptance.
Talk to us about anything. We're open-minded people, and we love making new friends as much as keeping up with the ones we already have. Everyone is welcome here, and we'll always try to be inclusive. :heart:

Thread Rules
This is for the good of everyone here, and they're really simple.
1. If a rule applies to the overall site of Menewsha, it applies here too. Makes sense, right?
2. Naturally, event rules apply here too.
3. BE NICE. No spamming, no trolling, no drama, no being rude/offensive/hurtful to ANYONE here. You get the idea.
If we catch you, you get a nice warning. Try it again, and we WILL report you. Please, seriously, we all just want to have a good time. If your idea of a good time ruins everyone else's, please take it elsewhere.

Now, on to the next subject of discussion!

Last edited by Luenola Marxiel; 11-01-2009 at 06:47 AM..

Luenola Marxiel

Old 11-01-2009, 04:26 AM

XIX The Sun
Line art by Valendra. Luel just put a coloured sun behind it. Luel told Valen this would be a post/thread banner someday. XD"

Gameplay
As mentioned earlier, we will be playing Hang Man throughout the event whenever any of the hosts feel like holding a round.
If anyone else would like to hold a round, get permission from a host. This is how it's going to go down...

1. We decide on a category. A host can decide and/or take suggestions.
2. We figure out how many people are playing in this round. It doesn't seem fair for people to join halfway with full HP when some letters have already been revealed, so once we officially start a round with the participant list we have, newcomers will have to wait till the next round.
3. We pick the word or phrase and post the round. This here is the format for everyone's convenience:
Quote:
Hang Man
Category: e.g. Movie
Word/Phrase:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ | _ _ | _ _ _ | _ _ _ _ _ _

Participants List
Participant - remaining HP (letters guessed)
4. Each participant guesses a letter. Please make it clear which alphabet you are guessing (say it's your guess, bold and capitalize it, etc.). If it's in the word, it's revealed. If not, the participant loses 1 HP.
5. Everyone participating starts off with 7 HP, and HP are lost till zero (out of the game) or the word/phrase is guessed, as shown in Luel's fail! stick diagram here:

6. A participant may guess the word/phrase during his/her turn to guess a letter. Be warned, however, that if you guess wrongly, you lose all your remaining HP!
7. The round ends when all the letters are revealed or someone guesses the word correctly.

Scoring
If you guess the word correctly before all the letters are revealed, you get 2 points.
Participating in a round, no matter how many points you are left with at the end, gets you 1 points.

Last edited by Luenola Marxiel; 11-01-2009 at 12:09 PM..

Luenola Marxiel

Old 11-01-2009, 04:27 AM

XXI The World
Banner put together by Luel

Well, we've been throwing this idea of points around for a bit, so clearly, it's time to tell you why we care about them in the first place.
We've decided that we'll be giving out prizes to the top FIVE people who collect the most points over the course of the event!
There will be a final tally of points on the last day of the event, and winners will be announced. =)

Prizes
1st Place: An Art Piece of your choice (OC/Fanart/etc) courtesy of Elegant Feather Duster
2nd Place: Ninja's Arsenal (a CI from November 2008)
3 Runner-ups: Halloween 2008 EI set each

However, if the person in first place would rather have any of the other prizes instead, he/she gets the option of choosing that.
Naturally, that means the person in second place gets to choose next and so on.

Luenola Marxiel

Old 11-01-2009, 04:28 AM

III The Empress
Banner courtesy of Rylynne

Everyone here has been new to Menewsha before, and we all remember a time when our inventory consisted of the few items we had equipped.
Slowly, it grew and grew, and most of us probably had help from one of the many lovely people on this site. :heart:
Rylynne and Luel feel that the best way to remember generosity is by passing it on and spreading it around, so this is where the higher wisdom of the Charitable Spirit of Menewsha comes in!
As part of this year's Halloween celebrations, we will be distributing Event Items from previous events with a preference given to the newest members of our community.

Here's how it works: Every time we think it's time for a treat, we'll each pick a number between 1 and the current post count. Then we'll average the three numbers and the newest account(s) closest to that post number will get the gift!
This makes it a relatively random choice, but probability always plays a part in random drawings. Stay active, participate in the event and hang out with us! You might even get lucky more than once. =D
As for what exactly we will be handing out, we'll leave that for a pleasant surprise. :heart:

And because everyone loves art freebies, Feathers and Rylynne will also be giving out some lovely trinkets whenever they feel inspired, so dress to impress and you might find record of your fashion finesse~ :boogie:

Last edited by Luenola Marxiel; 11-01-2009 at 05:58 AM..

Luenola Marxiel

Old 11-01-2009, 05:57 AM

Record

Roachi - 22
Cloudwalker - 5
Advokat - 1
cheng2159 - 18
blueblackose - 4
Hadsvich - 3
Lathrine - 4
Jeanie - 15
*Hime* - 20
fairywaif - 5
Iroase Delschatten @ Xaevan - 9
Desdyni - 1
Sera - 2
Cora Lorington - 2
Lura Crane - 7
Ivvy - 1
Siti_Hajar - 4
Swordtear - 5
Purple Panda - 4
GangsterGlam - 1
Suona - 4
FlyWithoutWingz - 1
sadrain - 3
Silver Crusnik - 5
Silenia - 4
Yamiko - 4
IHateTests - 3
M i n u x e - 1
Siipu - 1

Last updated as of Round 28

WINNERS
First place: Roachi (22 points)
Second place: *Hime* (20 points)
Runners-up:
cheng2159 (18 points)
Jeanie (15 points)
Iroase Delschatten (9 points)

Congratulations!

Last edited by Luenola Marxiel; 11-08-2009 at 11:34 PM..

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 11-01-2009, 06:16 AM

OPEN! Yaaaay! Come one, come all! We want to suck your blood and we promise not to sparkle.

Swordtear
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-01-2009, 06:18 AM

Live topic sometimes scares me cause my page just flashes and changes xDDD

But it's quite handy~ *3*

*hops around* :heart:

Luenola Marxiel

Old 11-01-2009, 06:19 AM

*coughs at Dusty's comment* Yay! We're finally done setting up!

Swordtear! :hug: *hops around with you*

Swordtear
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-01-2009, 06:21 AM

Wahaha~ *dances around with you both* :heart: :heart:

Luenola Marxiel

Old 11-01-2009, 06:23 AM

:boogie: I think we're at that wonderful time of the night/day where people are either out or asleep. XD"

Swordtear
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-01-2009, 06:25 AM

Ahaha yeah...the forum is a bit quiet around this time~

However when alot of people are online...the threads are pretty much on fire and it's so hard to catch up on multiple threads :rofl:

Oops...keep on forgetting to visit the crypt!

Luenola Marxiel

Old 11-01-2009, 06:27 AM

I actually like it better that way. Keeps me in the event mood, all excitedly trying to post on several threads at the same time. XDD"

Boo, that's bad. Need to get your bones~

Dusty, wherefore art thou?

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 11-01-2009, 06:35 AM

Haha sorry! I'm writing a paper so I'm in and out.

I like a good level of activity but not OMG AosinoabdbaDad killer levels of activity since I am using working on many things at once while on mene.

Swordtear
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-01-2009, 06:36 AM

Ahaha...I also like it when it's fast *3*~
But not so much that it killssss ahahaha

*scabs a bone from the crypt* >8D

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 11-01-2009, 06:38 AM

We agree swordtear. P:

I love the weird glasses on the treat ghost. It's very japanese joke style but it cracks me up.

Luenola Marxiel

Old 11-01-2009, 06:38 AM

LoL. The only time I don't multitask on Mene is during events. Usually, I'm doing at least 2 other things while on Mene. XD"

I wish we had at least two other people though, so that we could start playing Hang Man. XD"

Oh, but 'tis the season for all that killsssss~ *gnaws on Swordtear* 8D

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 11-01-2009, 06:40 AM

Haha well I would focus on mene but I really want to finish this assignment so I don't need to do it tomorrow (and so I can watch the new SPN episode >:B)

People will show up, hopefully.

Luenola Marxiel

Old 11-01-2009, 06:42 AM

Oh you. XD" I hope so! We're also missing our third host right now, boo.

Come out, come out, wherever you are, lurkers~ <3

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 11-01-2009, 06:43 AM

What exactly else would you expect from me? :B

Someone called me the pied piper the other same. Maybe they will come if I play music?

Rylynne
your resident bonafide coffee ad...

Old 11-01-2009, 06:44 AM

*enters*

I'm only allowed online right now, but I need to go. DX I'll be back in a few hours though. @_@;; Sorry guys! :<

But yay for our thread though! :'D <3<3

Btw, mind putting our names in the title? =O So that those I invited might pop out? xDD;; Just a suggestion though. ^^

Okies, have to go now. DX
*hugglesquishes all*
<3<3

Swordtear
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-01-2009, 06:45 AM

*sob* My right eye is suddenly itching like mad~ :C *distracted*

Ahaha...Mene's event totally capture my attention for hours!
*already set aside her study* 8DD

*is gnawed on by Luel*

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

IT LIVES. *hugs back* Be well! We'll see you eventually.

@sword - *gives eye drops* D: I hate that.

HAHA SAME! I'm so glad all my busy evil deadlines were last week, not so much this week.

Luenola Marxiel

Nothing. You're just so lovably incorrigible. <3

You could try? 8DD

Oh, boo, Rylynne can't stay! *clings* I'll go do that now~ :heart:

I wish I could get anything done while event-foruming on Mene, Swordtear. It doesn't work, lol.

Elegant Feather Duster
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 11-01-2009, 06:47 AM

You know it. <3 At least I don't sit in front of audiences and discuss sex toys. *hugs and grins*

Um... well a pretty awesome song is on my shuffle right now so I could... turn up... the volume?

Swordtear
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 11-01-2009, 06:49 AM

@Elegant- Thanks ;u; *takes eyedrops*

Ooh yes...it's such a relief when work dies down a bit after many deadlines~

I've never watched supernatural but Jensen Ackles/Dean is a hottie~
*hopes that SPN = Supernatural* xDDDD

@Luel-Ahaha...I also wish too!
Ah well...I'll get the work done eventually : P