Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 04-07-2019, 10:10 PM

Derek led the other outside with a small smirk across his thin lips and glanced around, as an old habit. Couldn't be too careful, right? He hadn't been paying enough attention to Pedro to know what he was doing, until he felt his arm getting tugged enough to move his feet forward. But, he soon found what Pedro had gotten excited about and followed him over to the Koi pond, not caring about the people glancing at them. "Yeah.." He murmured, looking down at the large Koi swimming around. "They can get pretty big if allowed the space." He said casually, growing weary at how close they were to the water, and took a step back from the edge of the pond.

He looked at the other just in time for their eyes to meet and he smirked lightly. "It's been fun, but.. You say it like you're ready to leave." Derek said casually.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-10-2019, 09:01 PM

Even as Derek stepped back, Pedro shook his head. "It's not that I want to leave at all!" he exclaimed. "If I could, I'd stay here all day, though I'd worry about Sophie and Tai. They'd be sad if I never came home. You too," he added after another second. Even though Derek had only just joined their household, he knew well enough that he was a part of the family and the humans would look sad to see him disappear. But still, Pedro wanted to explore the human world for weeks on end. There was so much he didn't know that Derek seemed to know so much about. "Can we really stay longer? Ah, do you think we can touch the fish?" He furrowed his brow, leaning a little closer to the water, one hand already stretched out, but hesitant to touch the water's surface. He didn't mind the water so much, but it was still water. He actually wasn't sure why Derek backed off from it.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 04-14-2019, 03:11 PM

Derek chuckled as the other quickly protested the idea of leaving, and he glanced up at the sky to see where the sun was, shielding his eyes some as he did so. They still had some time and he wanted to spend every bit of that time out with Pedro. He glanced back at the other and smirked lightly. "We've still got some time before those to are due back at the house, right?" He asked, more curious than anything as he watched Pedro reach out to touch the fish in the pond. "I don't see why not. If you couldn't, there'd be a sign around. Just don't fall in.." He said casually, murmuring towards the end of his sentence. A minute later though, his nose caught the scent of some very close 'friends' of his and his head jerked in the direction it came. Two or three guys about the same size as Derek, wearing dark clothes and leather jackets. Ah, hell. Why here? "Change of plans..." He murmured and grabbed Pedro's hand once more, giving him a light yet stern tug. "Don't ask, just c'mon." Derek said quietly with a hint of urgency in his voice.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-14-2019, 10:51 PM

Pedro was still smiling, nodding along with Derek's words as he stretched a hand into the water. It felt cool and he focused on a fish, trying to stroke one of the long bodies. At the last second though, it darted away as a shadow fell across the water, separating out to take the form of three people. Pedro frowned, tilting his head up in question. "Wha-?" However, he didn't have the chance to finish his question. Derek grabbed his hand and pulled him up. "Huh? Hey, Derek...?" His frowned deepened as he scented the air as well. Were these guys also nekos? He definitely sensed something off, but Derek just wasn't giving him the chance to think about it. "Is something wrong? Should we uh, leave now?" he managed as he stumbled after the other neko. Maybe he shouldn't have been selfish about wanting to stay. He felt tense, ears quivering with their desire to pop out. Something was off. Of that he was sure.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 04-14-2019, 11:39 PM

Derek felt much too desperate to avoid any contact with the other guys, only leading Pedro away from the kiddie area of the outside extension of the Aquarium. Between his own instincts and Pedro's questions, he wasn't sure what to do. Derek gave his hand a light squeeze as they walked, and shook his head some. Had he seen them? Had they seen the two of them? He was actually having to keep his ears from sticking up. "I don't have time to explain." He murmured quietly, sharing a look with Pedro. "You trust me right? Just keep your eyes forward." He was leading Pedro back inside the large building while following other people, and keeping a firm hand on Pedro. Why was his heart beating so fast? He wasn't afraid of those guys.. Hell, he could probably take 'em. But.. He wasn't here alone, he had someone with him, and he wasn't gonna let them try anything with the orange tabby neko.

Once they were inside, and Derek could no longer see the trio from moments ago, he slowly loosened his grip around Pedro's hand. "Those guys.. I used to go to clubs with them.. But they're no friends of mine, got it? They're bad news. The kind of people that torment helpless animals for laughs." He explained to Pedro in a way that maybe he'd understand, keeping his voice lowered. Granted, Derek would never do such a thing, and he often kicked their arses if he ever caught them in the act- maybe that was why they were here? Pay back?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 11:32 PM

Although Pedro frowned, a question on the tip of his tongue, he followed Derek's directions. "Of course I trust you..." Maybe even more than he trusted anyone else and he trusted so easily and with no reservations. However, he couldn't help but walk with all his senses on alert, so ready for some kind of action that he almost burst into it himself. It was only when they made it inside and Derek seemed to relax that Pedro let out a loud breath.

"Bad news? I thought clubs were good places..." he started cautiously. Maybe he misinterpreted that though. He just thought Derek liked to go there, even if it had been very strange. At Derek's explanation though, he couldn't help but let his ears out. "What? Torture animals? Why would anyone do that!?" he exclaimed, not even noticing that his ears perked up. At least his tail stayed hidden though. "Those kinds of people are definitely not friends!"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 05-11-2019, 01:47 AM

Derek tensed again when he saw the group of guys and tried to focus on Pedro while he seemingly processed what the dark haired alley cat had told him. These guys sure were persistent. Clubs weren't really a 'good' thing, so to speak.. He just went there to drink, party, and other things.. But how would he explain that? When Pedro finally seemed to understand, he quickly reached and covered the other's mouth firmly. "Quiet down or they'll hear you." Derek nearly hissed, but pushed the urge to do so deep down into his throat which caused his voice to drop. Slowly, he removed his hands from his mouth and stepped in front of the orange haired tabby as the confirmed trio quickened their pace as they came towards the duo. Part of him hoped Pedro stayed quiet and let him do the talking.

"Yo, Derek! Where've you been man? We've been looking all over for you, never thought I'd find you in a place like this though." The supposed leader of the trio called once they were within a reasonable distance of each other and getting closer until they finally stopped about half of a foot away as if keeping somewhat of a distance from the dark haired male. Derek only glanced at him. "I go where I want, when I want. You suddenly got a problem with that?" He spoke with a bit of bite. The guy smirked and put his hands up some. "No way! These are your streets after all, right? I just thought you should know that you've humiliated me and my brothers for the last time, alley cat." The man said before giving the other two a 'signal' and they went to jump Derek.

"Time to go!" Derek easily stepped aside just enough to miss getting jumped, grabbed Pedro's hand and gave him a tug before running for the door. If there was going to be a fight, it wouldn't be here and Pedro wouldn't be involved if he had any say in it. That was for sure.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-17-2019, 04:44 PM

Even as Derek covered his mouth, Pedro couldn't help but frown. Everything about this situation just felt off and he hated to see Derek in such distress. He wanted to help, he really did, but it didn't seem like the other neko wanted to give him that chance. As soon as the trio approached, Derek stepped in front like Pedro was something worth protecting not something to rely on. The idea spurred such contrary emotions that he found himself unable to speak, even when he very much wanted to demand these other guys leave Derek alone. Didn't a nice guy like Derek deserve that?

The sharp tug on his hand pulled Pedro out of his stupor. "Ah! What's going on? Those guys really want to hurt you, Derek!" he exclaimed as they went racing toward the aquarium's doors. He needed to side-step someone trying to grab hold of his arm and he tugged Derek out of another's way. They'd managed to outpace their pursuers for now though and burst out into he sunny afternoon air. Pedro still felt antsy though, not sure if the trio followed.

Pedro stared right into Derek's eyes, no joy left in his expression. "I think we should go home."

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 05-17-2019, 07:04 PM

"Let's just say, I've kicked their arses more than once." He said after Pedro spoke. There were no other words as they ran. Derek's focus was entirely on getting away. He was thankful that they both had quick response times as well as reflects, otherwise some people would have knocked over or pushed aside, but that didn't happen.

Once they knew they had lost the trio, Derek eyes met Pedro's when they stopped running. What if those guys found their home? No way! "I can't, Pedro." Sure, they'd lost them for now, but they were persistent. "I'm going to corner them, and deal with them before you, Sohpie, or Tai get dragged into it." He knew, those guys wouldn't stop until they got what they wanted.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-27-2019, 09:43 PM

Pedro grabbed hold of Derek's hand tighter. His eyes blazed with a fierceness that rarely ever showed. He wouldn't let Derek go off on his own though, especially not for silly self-sacrificing ideals like that. "No! You don't have to do this on your own, Derek. You're my friend and I don't want to see you hurt protecting me! Tai and Sophie would think the same." He felt sure on this. His humans were the type that picked up strays off the side of the road and gave them shelter. They would never turn them aside when times got rough. Especially just to keep their own comfort. Pedro wasn't about to act any different. "If you fight them, then you'll have to take me with you! Run, or we fight together!"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 05-30-2019, 11:16 PM

Derek's eyes lit up slightly as the orange tabby protested. As much as he wanted to argue, Derek had never had anyone tell him he wasn't going to face his problems alone.. and Pedro's usually calm eyes now had a fierceness to them that he had yet to see since meeting him. Did friends usually stick up for each other? He was unsure, but he could tell by staring into the other's eyes that Pedro wasn't going to let up anytime soon.

Derek sighed some and ran a hand over his head, looking up to see if those guys had found them. He still couldn't just let Pedro fight with him, it was too dangerous. What if one of them had a knife, or a gun? He pushed the thought aside as he reached a conclusion. "Shite.. I guess even you can drop a bomb once in a while.." He murmured, glancing back at Pedro and giving his hand a squeeze. "We'll drip into an alley and change back, alright? I will not bring you to fight those guys- or any guys." He said, his own eyes having a stern gleam in them that matched his seriousness.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-18-2019, 01:56 AM

"Drop a bomb?" Pedro questioned, clearly not following the meaning. Though he supposed it wasn't all that important since Derek decided to back down. It wasn't the same as letting Pedro fight with him, but he felt glad nonetheless. It wasn't that Pedro wanted to fight after all, but he did like the idea of his resolution being acknowledged. "Ah, okay. Let's go. Just next time, we better run away from the start or I really will have to learn how to throw a punch!"

Squeezing Derek's hand once more, he took off down a few corners to the backside of the aquarium. Once out of sight, he let himself fall into his cat form, ears perked and tail up as he waited for the other neko to follow suit.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 06-20-2019, 05:56 PM

Derek chuckled as Pedro didn't seem to understand his comment. He smirked lightly when he mentioned running from the start. Hadn't they ran alrready? That's how they got out of the Aquarium. Nevertheless, he hoped there wouldn't be a next time. He still had plans to deal with that group, in his own, but he'd keep it to himself.

Derek followed Pedro and slipped into his cat form once out of sight from other humans. The black cat lightly brushed against the larger orange tabby with a hum of a purr. ~"Let's go home. "~ He mewed.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-29-2019, 07:17 PM

Letting out an excited meow, Pedro took off down the streets. It felt like they had been away for so long, or at least a few hours. He really hoped the humans hadn't returned already because he didn't know how to explain their presence outside. It wasn't like Sophie or Tai knew they adopted shape-shifting cats. Probably? ~"Did you hear when Tai and Sophie said they would get home? What if we're late?"~ It probably wouldn't end that poorly if they did get home late, but for some reason, the thought still made Pedro anxious.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 06-30-2019, 12:46 AM

Derek easily and quickly followed after the Orange tabby. ~"You mentioned them being gone until the sun reached the middle of the sky, so we should have time."~ Unless one of both of them returned home early, and that would be just his luck. He didn't want to cause Pedro any trouble, after all.

With a quite a bit of running, and luck, they made it in time to beat the humans and Derek jumped up onto the couch.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-07-2019, 07:13 PM

Pedro was laughing by the time they made it home. ~"Wow! I haven't run like that in forever!"~ He hopped onto the couch next to Derek, stretching his long body out next to the other cat. ~I'm glad we beat them home, but the sun is almost to the middle of the sky now."~ Which meant lunch soon and pets, and a long nap. He was a cat after all and as much as he enjoyed playing with Derek, he loved the easy comforts of life even more. Although, he couldn't think of anyone he enjoyed being around more than Derek. He opened his mouth, just about to say that when the front door opened, sending him tumbling onto the floor in surprise.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 07-15-2019, 12:08 AM

Derek lightly pawed him when Pedro was up on the couch with him, then nuzzled him after he stretched out. He mewed for no real reason and lifted his head when the door opened.

Sophie easily opened the door and glanced down at the handle. "It was open?" She asked herself quietly, before shaking her head and closing the door behind her, then went to sit on the couch. She looked like she had been running as well. Derek cautiously sniffed at Sophie before hopping up onto her shoulder, mewing. "~What the hell? She smells like those street thugs.~" He mewed, glancing at the orange tabby on the floor. Derek glanced back at Sophie, noticing a scratch on her cheek. Lowering his ears, Derek licked her cheek.

Sophie blinked and gently rubbed the top of his head. "Hey, I'm okay." She said softly. "You guys must be hungry by now." She said, gently picking up the small black cat and moving him to the couch before getting up and going to the kitchen for their food.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-26-2019, 04:45 PM

Pedro wrinkled his nose, realizing that Derek was right. Sophie did smell like those guys they'd gotten into trouble with. What was that about? He meowed, following Sophie to the kitchen, though he was as curious about what she'd been doing as he was interested in the food. "~Why does she smell like those guys? Do you think she was fighting with them? But why? How could she know?~" Or for that matter, how could those guys run into someone like Sophie. Sophie was so sweet! It made no sense to his muddled brain. If it was going to end like this, then why did they run away in the first place?

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-06-2019, 01:14 PM

Kat Dakuu: sorry for the wait! I've started working recently and they're giving me full-time hours ><'

Sophie had a feeling the cats were worried about her, but nothing happened. She walked a lot, and sometimes guys took an interest in her and when she turned them down..it didn't always end easily.

Derek hopped down from the couch and trailed into the kitchen. "~No.. I don't think she knows. It could be just a coincidence.~" He mewed, sniffing the cat food once the bowls were filled. Sophie gave them both a gentle head rub, then went back into the living room to sit on the couch and read her book.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-08-2019, 08:57 PM

((Don't worry 'bout it. Work always comes first~))

Pedro felt skeptical despite the fact that he wasn't the type to think deeply about things. Maybe Derek changed him though, made him grow up a little more. Today certainly felt like it did all those things for him. "~I hope so~" he huffed back. He didn't want Sophie getting hurt any more than he wanted Derek too and if he had to, he really would fight for that. However, it seemed like things had calmed down, so he decided to eat, as always afraid that it would disappear if he didn't eat right away.

It was only minutes later, when the cats were finishing their food, that Tai walked inside. "Sophie!" he called out. "You home already?" He knew their schedules were close, so the thought of seeing her put a smile on his tired face. "Ah, there you are. did you just get back?" he asked as he spotted her on the couch.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-08-2019, 10:05 PM

Derek focused on eating like Pedro had done looking up when he finished to see Tai walking in.

Sophie looked up from her book and smiled at seeing him. She set down her book and got up from the couch and went over to him, hugging him and kissing his cheek. "I haven't been home very long, no." She giggled. "I missed you today." She murmured, kissing his cheek once more. "How was work?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-11-2019, 05:01 PM

Tai hugged Sophie back, giving her a quick peck on the lips. "I missed you too. Work was good. All the kids are so sweet...to me at least," he added with a chuckle. Other of the workers faired less well, but he liked being the one all the kids loved best. After pulling away, he noticed the scratch on Sophie's cheek, making his brow furrow. "What's this?" he asked, giving the injury a light touch. "You didn't get into trouble at work did you?"

After finishing eating, Pedro scrambled into the living room, weaving between the humans' legs with a worried meow. See, even Tai found the injury strange!

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-11-2019, 10:59 PM

Sophie blinked when Tai noticed the scratch and gently rested a hand over to the top of his. She could tell by his eyebrows that he wasn't happy about it, and shook her head lightly. "No.. It's nothing like that." She murmured softly. "There were these guys out when I was walking home, down by the club I pass by. Usually they leave me alone but today they were pretty bold.." She said to him, wrapping her arms around him tightly, just not right enough to hurt him. She felt lucky, being able to come home to a guy like like Tai.

With his food gone, and noticing Pedro scurry over to the humans, Derek scampered over to the couch and mewed. He had an idea on what the other cat was thinking. Everyone was wondering about how the human woman ended up with that scratch, and they knew. It was those bastards from the club! He flicked his tail in annoyance.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-15-2019, 03:18 AM

Tai's frown deepened. "Hey, that's not any better. If you've been having trouble with some guys, why didn't you tell me? I would...I don't know." He shook his head. People like him didn't get into fights and they didn't deal with troublesome people, but he felt like he should if another person hurt Sophie in any way. He hugged her back, resting his head on her shoulder. "I just don't like seeing even a scratch on you. Maybe you should talk to the police about it."

Pedro glanced over at Derek, glad that the other cat shared his distaste for this situation. ~I wish we could tell them what those guys are like so they will stay away!~ he huffed, then giving the humans another meow. Tai only patted him on the head though, not quite sure what had the cats so upset. Maybe they just sensed the mood though?

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 08-16-2019, 12:28 AM

Sophie pouted. "I'm sorry Tai.." She murmured softly, kissing his cheek. "I called the police and they handled it.. I'm okay." She promised. "I just didn't want to worry you.." She murmured, holding his hand and leading him to the couch. Derek moved over so the two could sit and Derek hopped up on her shoulder, licking her scratch and mewing.
"~We can't unless we walk to work with her, or something.~"