View Poll Results: Anime or Manga?
Anime 17 48.57%
Manga 18 51.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Bire
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-06-2013, 09:35 PM

I would like your guys' opinion on which is better, manga or anime? And while you're at it, please say what your favorite anime or manga is.

MarmaGirl
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-06-2013, 12:10 AM

Personally I enjoy manga more than anime, I love to hold that book in my hand and imagine it playing in my head rather than my head playing it for my eyes. It's much more fun and you don't miss a thing when you're reading it,plus they are great conversation starters.

My favorite so far is Hallow Fields.

ASingingGaijin
Click!

Old 09-07-2013, 05:10 PM

In the past I have enjoyed manga more, but right now with my hectic schedule and everything, I can't find the patience to sit down and read anything. I even struggle with comic books and manga. My favorite manga is Fruits Basket just because it was the first I ever read and has always held a special place in my heart. My favorite anime is Nichijou just because it makes me smile whenever I am in a bad mood. But there a whole lot of other anime that I love as well.

MinakoAxule
SpIdErS iN tHe BrAiN

Old 09-11-2013, 12:29 AM

I'm tied actually. I love both mediums. Manga I love if I am reading something I wouldn't want anyone seeing/hearing what I am looking at. Anime I love because of the japanese voice actors lol!

Fave manga I love Ouran High School Host Club it's much better than the anime.

Fave anime is Slayers~! Some how the action in the anime is so much better than the manga. Lots of my fave voice actors are in it like Megumi Hayashibara and Koyatsu Takehito~!

SparkNorkx

Old 09-18-2013, 06:05 AM

I mostly prefer anime (because I like animation and voices is one of the reasons) but I also read manga sometimes.

bubblemei
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-22-2013, 02:55 AM

I honestly feel that it is on a case by case basis! Oftentimes the first one to come out is the 'better' one; for instance, I am more fond of the Bleach manga than I ever was of the anime, but the Princess Tutu manga was a mess while the anime was wonderful. It would depend on each for certain! On the other hand, if you're just asking what I'm more likely to go for; it depends. When I'm deep into an rp I like to read manga so I can have it in one tab and work my way through it as I wait for replies. On the other hand, anime is great to watch with friends, and I like having anime to watch each season. (This season I am watching Gatchaman, the Eccentric Family, and Love Lab, which are all excellent-- and Genei Wo Kakeru, which is Not.)

Foxela

Old 10-12-2013, 10:53 PM

My favorite anime is Nana, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, and Toradora!

Aganab
Butt

Old 10-13-2013, 12:35 AM

Like bubblemei, I find it depends. In anime, I love hearing what the characters sound like and the whole thing with it being manga, but in motion, seeing as sometimes what characters are doing in manga can be kind of confusing, especially if there's a battle. With manga, I like being able to read it while on a bus or train, and being able to read it at night without disturbing anyone. Often, I end up both watching the anime and reading the manga if I really like the story, even if they're pretty much identical. What I really hate, however, is when an anime changes the plot drastically, often to make the story end in one season if the manga is ongoing, which tends to make the anime really bad. That's precisely what happened with Kuroshitsuji - at some point, the plot of the first season really flew away from the original, so the first half of the season was pretty good, but the second half was terrible. Anyway, later a second season was made, and it had nothing to do with the plot of the manga, which kind of sucked.

There are those cases when there's an anime that wasn't adapted from a manga (like Code Geass) or a manga that wasn't adapted into an anime, so I can't really choose just one medium. Or sometimes there's a really great anime which is adapted from a manga and it follows the story very closely, but it ends and the manga is ongoing, so then I just read the manga after I finish watching the anime if I find the story really interesting and want to find out what's going to happen. That was the case with Attack on Titan and D. Grey Man, of which I love both the anime and the manga.

And then there's also the issue of availability. There are some legal anime streaming sites, like Crunchyroll, though obviously they don't have all the anime I would like to watch, and also some tend to be region-locked. Seeing as I ever only watch anime with subtitles, the only legal way for me to watch that anime would be to buy the series, which tends to be very expensive. So yeah, I guess that's why lots of people turn to pirating, but I prefer to somehow repay the people who make stuff I like by watching it legally. However, when it comes to manga, there's pretty much no way to read it legally without buying it, unless your local library is full of manga, which mine sadly isn't. But yeah, buying manga is obviously much cheaper than buying anime, so in that way it's better.

My favourite manga are Natsume's Book of Friends, Kamisama Kiss, and Kuroshitsuji. My favourite anime are Code Geass, Durarara!, and Attack on Titan. And this concludes the way too long post ^^'

SonicGamer
Dragon in disguise

Old 10-28-2013, 10:35 PM

For me, it depends on the anime/manga you're talking about. Sailor Moon? Manga. Princess Tutu? Anime. Again. It depends.

Exaggerated Rebellion
The Best Bounced Check

Old 10-29-2013, 12:12 AM

Yeah, definitely with the "it depends on the series" bandwagon.

Though with how pretty recent animes are becoming, I'm sort of leaning towards anime now. But with older titles? Manga > anime most of the time.

AngelicReprobate

Old 11-03-2013, 02:47 AM

I suppose it really depends on the anime/manga.
I mostly prefer manga though. I live in a country where it's just easier and cheaper to get manga. Also I can read it online.
I used to watch anime online but we don't really have enough internet data for that, blame my brother.
Right now I'm watching Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, although my favourite anime would probably be Bleach.
Bleach is probably also my favourite manga, though Death Note is a very close second.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 11-10-2013, 04:33 PM

I would say both, though many times I can be more partial to manga (of course, depending on the series).

I like manga because they go into more of a story where if you watch that same manga, they may not have some of the same stuff in it. A recent example for me comes from Skip Beat. I read the manga online and then went to watch the anime, but I found that the anime left out a bunch of parts from the manga that I really liked. I also didn't like how they timed the episodes as compared to ending chapters.

On the other hand, I watched Naruto when it first started airing on tv and then I went to read it. I couldn't do it for some reason. I don't know if it was because the manga seemed much more dry or if I like action things to be animated, but I liked that more in anime form.

Fairy Tail I won't read, I'm enjoying the anime far too much. That may change later on, but who knows at this point.

you are here

Old 11-15-2013, 11:20 AM

I love anime, i think you might get a better understanding of the character when you watch anime. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but, it's kind of like you get an idea of how the creator of a particular character wanted them to be like(there voices kind of give an indication of what there persona is like?). But then I love manga because you can make the characters how you want them to be in your own head (instead of getting someone else to do the thinking for you). Manga is little bit more time consuming though :?
Fairy Tail is one of my all time favourites, the anime series is finished, and the manga is still continuous :>

Admiral
Chancellor
Send a message via AIM to Admiral

Old 12-01-2013, 06:45 AM

I'd have to say I prefer manga. It tends to be more detailed, has more focus on the story, and isn't so... I don't know. It's just better looking. Some of my favorite mangas are Ludwig Kakumei, Full Metal Panic!, Heart, Azumanga Daioh, Petshop of Horrors, Cat Street, Dragon Half, Glass Mask, Gokusen, Le Masque... o3o Just to name a few!

Midorikawa
Um....................... .........

Old 12-04-2013, 09:36 PM

I prefer manga because it doesn't have a bunch of fillers, and is usually further ahead of anime.

Fav Anime: Phi Brain
Fav Manga: Inubaka

shadowwolfgem

Old 04-09-2014, 04:35 AM

This is a really hard choice for me because I like both, but in the end I chose anime because of the animation and voice acting.
My fave anime is Fairy Tail, and my fave manga is Blue Exorcist.

RosieBlue

Old 08-26-2014, 07:23 PM

I like manga better! Anime is fun, but it takes more time... (I read quickly, so...)

Segnifs

Old 09-06-2014, 04:06 PM

I like anime better, i enjoy the filler, the flashy animations and the fan service, my favorite anime is fist of the north star.

Uzumaki Naruto

Old 09-12-2014, 12:30 AM

I'd say manga,
While reading manga, you control the motion. Whenever your favorite character had a moment of being awesome, you can make it last longer in your head, IDK that's just how i read them anyway

linapoo
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 09-14-2014, 05:24 AM

Yeah, it just really depends.

Sometimes anime is better, sometimes the manga is better. It's really about the direction of the story and how it's effectively told.
I'm kind of torn to say that anime is more preferred because of animation, music, and voice (I'm lazy and manga takes too much imagination and brain power lol) but manga can be much more detailed by providing a lot more development and information.. Though sometimes, I have trouble with manga during fight scenes. It's a little hard to see the movement if the artist isnt' the best at fight scenes.

It's a almost tie..but I guess anime wins (by like 0.009%).

Nills

Old 09-18-2014, 09:05 AM

Oh man, it's too subjective to pick a definite one. It depends on if the anime will follow the manga to a T, or if they completely cut out sections from the manga.

Miyan
Miyan

Old 09-18-2014, 02:47 PM

Hai there!

Well for me, it really depends what manga or anime it was. For example, I like Shingeki no Kyojin anime, you can see all the movement (3D Maneuvers!!!). the manga, so-so (too many wall of text...)

Another one, Natsume Yuujinchou. I love both the manga AND anime cause it gave the similar feelings, while watching the episodes or reading the chapters. So, a third option maybe in the poll?

Yuuki Sena
Bookworm

Old 06-03-2015, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarmaGirl View Post
Personally I enjoy manga more than anime, I love to hold that book in my hand and imagine it playing in my head rather than my head playing it for my eyes. It's much more fun and you don't miss a thing when you're reading it,plus they are great conversation starters.

My favorite so far is Hallow Fields.
I agree. I prefer manga over anime too. Hallow Fields was very cute as well. My favourite character from Hallow Fields would have to be Lucy. She was silly and childish from end to start, but she learns many things and no matter what is thrown at her she's determined to get out of Hollow Fields.