_allysaurus

Old 12-27-2013, 05:36 PM

I love anime. I really do. Problem is, I'm actually a bit picky when it comes to anime. I like the quality to be good, the art to be amazing, and the plot. Well, that's what I focus on the most. So far, I've only found three series that I've completely watched the full series, extra seasons and all, as the other animes never capture my attention enough to finish them.

Basically, what i'm saying here is, Do you know any GOOD anime? And if so is there a way I could watch it online for free? I'd greatly appreciate it

S4i2C3K

Old 12-28-2013, 06:57 PM

What have you seen already that you liked? That might help me find you some good anime. The series Yu Yu Hakusho is kind of older but has nice artwork and story.

Midorikawa
Um....................... .........

Old 12-29-2013, 02:25 PM

I would suggest Aquarion. Its older so the animation isn't as good as current ones, but still nice story, humorous with a bit of love. Will make you want to murder. Though make sure its not Aquarion Evol. Aquarion Evol is the sequel and its good but considering they crush the plot of the first series for you, its not a good one for plot in my opinion. It is good for lots of laughs and making you cry though.

_allysaurus

Old 12-29-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4i2C3K View Post
What have you seen already that you liked? That might help me find you some good anime. The series Yu Yu Hakusho is kind of older but has nice artwork and story.

Hm...Hellsing Ultimate, a bit of Black Butler, Death Note, Kaichou wa maid-sama, and that's pretty much it. I've watched a few episodes in some other series but I've never really wanted to finish any except those mentioned above. I do like the anime to have a good plot and I'll admit, I love animes that can make me cry. I am currently trying to watch Soul Eater, but I keep getting distracted XD

NavigatingAnomaly
I'm just some weird entity findi...

Old 12-29-2013, 08:37 PM

I recently finished watching Sword Art Online. It was really good. I really cared about the main character Kirito because he wasn't just another typical "ladies man" kind of character. Sure there were girls who liked him, but he didn't try to take advantage of it. He tried his best to be a gentleman and it impressed me. I don't see that kind of character too often.

The story that unfolded throughout the first fourteen episodes were epic beyond belief. It was incredibly riveting to watch. And the remaining eleven episodes were so emotional and heartwarming as well.

If you haven't seen it yet I highly recommend it. Even though there are actually more to the story in the novel and manga versions than in the anime version (four parts in the novel and only two parts in the anime), what was animated is incredibly amazing. Don't miss it.

Oh yeah! You can find it on watchcartoononline.com I just search "watchcartoononline sword art" on google and the first link takes you straight to the page that has all twenty-five episodes. They're free you just have to close the ads that come up. Hope this helps.

Last edited by NavigatingAnomaly; 12-29-2013 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: I left out some information.

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 12-31-2013, 06:31 AM

anime...well i know the hype for Shingeki no Kyojin has yet to die down, and to be honest the animation for that was pretty good.

I'd recommend Free! because the animation was beautiful but I will admit that the series is a lot of fanservice, though the whole backstory stuff was really good. And I loved the relationships that the characters had to one another.

Of course, I also have to recommend Kuroko no Basuke seasons 1 and 2. Yea, it's a basketball anime, but I love it all the same.

Uhm... Kyoukai no Kanata is good too, though i have yet to find time to sit and watch it all like i really want to.

Oh, the anime called K is also supposed to be really good and i really need to watch that as well. Psycho Pass is worth a mention. Ahhh there are so many good ones but it's like past one in the morning and I can't think of them all right now

Some older ones that are definitely worth checking out are: Ouran High School Host Club, Kamichama Karin, Gundam Seed, Gundam Wing, Gundam 00, Special A

I'll leave it at that for now~

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 01-02-2014, 01:27 AM

To watch anime try crunchyrool for free, some good animes that are long are Bleach, One Piece, and Fairy Tale. Also try Free, and durarara(drrr!) I have lots more but I cant think of them off the top of my head.

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 01-02-2014, 01:34 AM

oh right. there are a lot of websites you can use to watch anime, though a bunch of the ones i used to use have shutdown now I think. i've been using chia-anime recently though.

Midorikawa
Um....................... .........

Old 01-02-2014, 09:09 PM

I use animeultima.tv for my anime. It has pretty much everything with multiple choices of players.

Also if you haven't seen Madoka Magica yet then watch it. Its popular and short, and a good one. I also second Shingeki and Sword Art Online. Thought the second half of SAO isn't as good as the first.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 01-03-2014, 04:01 AM

Animeseason is my source of choice.

Now, let's see if I can't throw in a few odd suggestions.

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic - Not entirely sure how to describe this anime, but it is definitely worth a watch. It has an epic feel to it, deals with deeper themes and ideas than I was expecting it too, and has some nifty characters to boot.

Usagi Drop (or Bunny Drop if you're one for translating everything), is incredibly heartwarming and makes for a good watch. Admittedly, I haven't had the time to finish it, but not for lack of wanting to.

Saiunkoku no Monogatari is pretty nifty. The characters are interesting, and it doesn't go where one might expect it to go from the first few eps. It certainly threw of for a loop (given what I was expecting), but in a good way. It's definitely a lesser known gem.

Psycho Pass is excellent for those who are into darker/more psychologically driven things. Just...don't expect a happy ending.

Sukitte Ii na yo - Now...I tend to hate romantic/high school love story animes with a passion. Really, I do. But this was actually...really well done if you can get through the first episode (which struck me as a bit rushed/forced/etc). Overall though, a really great representation of a developing relationship, hardships, misunderstandings, and so forth.

No.6 - Dystopias are fun right? Course they are. Bit of a weird anime, all in all, and it has a few hints of shounen-ai, so it may be best to avoid it if that's not your cup of tea (though incredibly well done, which is quite rare). Does some lovely little thing and has one of the most heartbreaking scenes involving singing that I've ever seen.

Last edited by Seridano; 01-03-2014 at 04:09 AM..

Nerosity
Kiddo

Old 01-03-2014, 04:18 AM

Samurai Champloo is probably my favorite anime, it has nice animation, sort of a good plot, humor and fighting.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 01-06-2014, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seridano View Post
Psycho Pass is excellent for those who are into darker/more psychologically driven things. Just...don't expect a happy ending.
It's well-written, too. I love its darker, more mature approach on things. The anime also makes you think, which I found really neat. My boyfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Another great anime is Another. It's another dark anime and it's got some psychological aspects to it. It's a bit suspenseful, which makes it fun. Also fits the horror bill. My boyfriend and I also enjoyed this one. We actually can't decide which we liked more, Psycho-Pass or Another. Both are similar, but different at the same time.