Butt

Old 06-24-2014, 05:53 AM

What do you use, talk about a product, tips?
I've recently been wanting to get into a healthy lip care routine, ever since I bought a needed goodie.
I recently got Lush's Bubblegum lip scrub, and it works wonders. It's edible and smells like the flavor and tastes wonderful. <3

The lip scrubs were at Lush's counter so I felt a tad embarrassed going back and forth of choosing between three flavors, Popcorn, Bubblegum, and Mint Julips. I just couldn't decide which one to purchase first! Especially making it my first purchase from Lush. I was really tempted to buy at least two to take home but I was afraid of being let down. Now, I regret not buying at least two in different flavors. Wa. :I

Btw. Any product recommendations? c:

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 06-25-2014, 07:00 AM

I use my tooth brush as a lip scrub, honestly! After I brush my teeth (not every time, just when I feel like it. maybe it's every other day or every few days? I don't put much thought to it), I'll rinse off my brush and lightly scrub my lips. Works best when my brush head is getting a little old and thus isn't so stiff. Stiff bristles just hurt. @_@ And during my morning showers, I'll rub my lips with just my finger. I'll get stuff off on my finger, although I don't know if it's dead skin or just plaque from sleeping (ewww).

I have an insane amount of lip balms (I recently cleaned out a drawer on my desk and found, like, seven), but my favorite right now is my sweet mint EOS. I had always been curious to try eos, but the high price put me off. I got this one as a Christmas gift, however, and now I'm in love! I notice a drastic difference in the softness of my lips when I start using a different lip balm instead. Plus, it just feels so much nicer. And I've been using it twice a day since last December, so... I'd say it has some longevity. I'll definitely fork over the few bucks to replace it when it finally runs out. It's actually worth the high price!

I'm just going to share this story because I think it's kind of funny/cute. One of the aforementioned lip balms discovered in my drawer is this cherry one I got in a stocking when I was around 11 or 12 (me and lip balm for Christmas, huh?). It had a really nice, sweet, fake cherry scent and flavor to it. Not one of those lip balms that just smelled nice, it tasted nice. So I spent a lot of that Christmas family gathering slathering the balm on and then licking it off. But then I looked in the mirror and noticed... gasp! it made my lips marginally redder! It was... like makeup! Tasty makeup!
This revelation made me feel excited but also a bit nervous. Could everyone tell? Were they judging me (for some reason...?)? So then when I got my ~first crush~ I would spray on this god awful cotton candy scented perfume, rub on some of that cherry lip balm, and feel irresistible. Hello, Kyle.

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 06-25-2014 at 07:05 AM..

Butt

Old 06-25-2014, 10:57 PM

There's actually people that use baby toothbrushes to exfoliate their lips ever since they have much softer bristles. c:
And, I actually do that in the shower too! It helps, it's just that I prefer having a lip scrub as back up ever since I feel like I always have overly excessively amount of nasty stuff on my lips.

I'm a fan of the e.o.s. balms because of the packaging and, for them being natural. But I recommend the mint one between any of the other flavors because it feels as though they are actually doing something to your lips. And I admit, they can be pricey. Lol.

I have a story related to that, sort of.. Well, I actually knew someone that ate flavored balms as if it was a snack. So, no shame because when I saw her did that I wanted to give it a try.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 06-26-2014, 12:39 AM

Huh, that's an idea! I'm happy with my own brush, though. Since it's electric, the bristles can't be too stiff to begin with because the movement sort of makes them... stiffer? Or have a stiffer effect, anyway. So they're softer than some (good) manual toothbrushes. A lip scrub does sound nice, but I don't think my lips could take more than what I already do to them. Do they do more than just scrub? I assume they have some conditioning agents as well?

Oh my goodness, eating lip balm. You know, as a kid, I got those flavored bonne bell lip balms in all sorts of flavors. Pastries and sodas and fruits and sweets and what have you. I'd rub them on and lick them off, but now that you mention it... I think I did try taking a little nibble once or twice. I was quite disappointed to find that eating it straight tasted overwhelmingly of greasy wax.

jupiter
inactive account

Old 06-26-2014, 02:32 AM

I bought one of those shitty little electric toothbrushes at Bed Bath & Beyond to use on my face (and lips). It's pretty nice.
The best technique is to stay hydrated and try not to chew your lips, if it's a habit you have. I will also just swipe a little lotion over them [lips] after a shower or when I use it on my hands.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 06-26-2014, 05:29 AM

How is it doing for your face? I've been considering shelling out for one of those olay facial brushes. It honestly didn't occur to me that it's just an oversized toothbrush and I could get one of those instead. ._.

Butt

Old 06-28-2014, 12:59 AM

Cherry Who?

Hm.. I think a lip scrub can be less effective, but a bit more gentler ever since it takes some of the layers off of your lips slowly.
Speaking of flavors, there's actually some lip scrubs that are edible. You could even make your own from simple recipes!
And, I thought the soda flavored lip balms were genius, and adorable. <3

I just wanted to add, I've seen some YouTube beauty guru's that have used electric toothbrushes on their faces. I think Michelle Phan for example? You could search more into it, I don't think it's uncommon. It would be much more cheaper and convenient.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 06-28-2014, 01:24 AM

I'll have to look that up, thanks. Anything to unclog and scrub out these icky pores!

jupiter
inactive account

Old 07-02-2014, 03:58 AM

Use St. Ives apricot scrub. They have one in a jar, and there's this yummy one in a tube that's a cream; both are great for your face. And as for the toothbrush, my skin is great. I also moisturize after I wash it or shower, so I don't have that taut dried-out feeling from when I used face wash. Most of the time I just use hot water and a washcloth to wash my face each night. Change your pillow cases weekly, and the cloth every few days--perhaps daily if you're not in a dry, cool climate like I am.

You know, you can use sugar to scrub your lips. But I don't do it often, like I said, once I stopped biting them and drinking more water, I haven't had a problem.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 07-02-2014, 04:00 AM

I've used sugar to scrub my face before! It makes my skin so soooooooft, I can't stop touching it for the rest of the day.