Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 02:41 PM

I think pretty much everyone has stayed at a hotel or motel at one point in their life, some more than others, so there's bound to be some interesting stories out there. From the news there's often stories about how people would enter their rooms and find mold everywhere, or broken faucets, closets, dirty sheets, etc...even dead bodies.

So, I'm curious! What're some interesting things that you've come across during stays at a hotel or motel? The good, the bad, the horrible? Or the nasty, the luxurious, the awesome? Met some interesting people while at a hotel/motel? Any rumors or urban legends about hotels/motels?

------

Personally, a few very memorable stays at hotels included finding a giant dried pool of blood in the center of the bed under the sheets, and that one time where our family got pizza for dinner, and I ended up dropping one of the pizza boxes and destroying my favorite topping pizza.

My friends have mentioned knocking on the door of a hotel room before entering, because it's 'polite'...it's said that hotels/motels are places where spirits gather easily, so by knocking, you are informing the occupants that you are entering and staying for the night. There's also a saying of when first arriving at your room, to open the door and then stand aside so that the room's occupants may leave before you enter yourself, or you risk 'blocking' the spirits from leaving and thus have a ghost with you in the room when you sleep, etc.

mysticeyes2987
Comic Nerd

Old 09-13-2013, 03:07 PM

I used to work in a hotel in Orlando, Florida right by Disney and all the attractions.

During the summer we would have huge family reunions come into our hotel, like 200-300 people in a family. And they would somehow manage to stuff 8 people into a room meant for four. Meaning only one, sometimes two beds and a couch to try and save on room costs. The housekeepers could barely move enough to change and wash the sheets let alone vacuum and clean the place.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 09-13-2013, 03:24 PM

Wow, that sounds insane! ;; I feel bad for the housekeepers who had to go through all of that during the summer season!

That time when my friends and I found that big pool of dried blood on the bed, two of the friends went to sleep on couches while I and the other friend slept on opposite sides of the bed sideways to avoid the blood. Good thing we were kids back then.

How those adults managed to sleep on couches without waking up with stiff/sore backs/necks...

And I guess the hotel you worked at had looser regulations, since the hotel me and my friends stayed at during our trip in Japan didn't allow guests to sleep on couches to save on costs. The prices were calculated by the number of people, and not by the room you rented.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 09-14-2013, 07:14 PM

Last June I was in Las Vegas and the people in the room next to me partied alllll night from 6PM until 3AM when we called security. Next morning we were checking out and caught a glimpse of the room.
Completely trashed, barf and undiscernable liquids everywhere. Lol.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 09-15-2013, 06:08 AM

Oh jeez. Eww.

I could never understand the appeal of binge-drinking for 'fun', only to pass out drowning in a puddle of your own puke...

Roni7635

Old 12-13-2013, 03:43 AM

Nice post.

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 12-17-2013, 09:34 AM

I've only stayed in two small hotels, and one Travelodge. The first hotel was really nice and homely, as it only had 6 rooms. The second one was also small, but turned out to be a big disappointment, because the pictures on the website had more quality to them than the actual room did. The Travelodge was really bare, and made me feel as though i was in hospital. I didn't like it much, but as rooms go there wasn't really anything wrong with it.

I've not got any real horror stories, for that i am thankful.

Wonderlands
Super ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ...

Old 09-17-2014, 02:35 AM

10 years ago my family stayed at this motel that looked like it hadn't been refurbished since the 70's. Like legit no upkeep at all. It was all mouldy, the carpet was.. you wouldn't want to take your shoes off and now that I'm older I don't want to think about the bedding either.

It was on a beach, so it was a really nice spot but damn, the whole memory of that place was just grey and brown.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 12-25-2014, 06:58 PM

I've only stayed at one hotel that was horrible to the point I had to file a health complaint against them.Back when my husband and I were dating we decided to stay at this hotel that was right across from a major spots complex. It had a three star rating on every travel site we went to so we thought it would be okay.

First red flag was when we went to check into our room. The lobby was packed because there was a concert going on that weekend at the spotsplex across the street. We walk to the front desk and asked for our room. They told us there wasn't a room for us. I had put money down on the room so I told them they need to give me my money back. The worker went to "speak to a manager" and came back 20 minutes later saying they had a room.

We were on the 4th floor so we took the elevator up to our room. When we got to our room, it was what we paid for, two queen sized beds. However, one of the beds was clearly broken. The bed frame was broken to the point where the middle of the mattress was sagging. The other bed was pushed against a wall. The wall was filthy and had foot prints and make up smeared all over it. I went to the front desk and asked for another room. They started to argue with me and told me to sleep on the bed that wasn't broken until they could get another room in the morning since they didn't have rooms. I said no because the wall is so disgusting that I wouldn't want to touch it. They finally decided to give us another room.

When we finally got to the other room, it was much worse...there were needles on the dresser, blood splattered on the walls, blood on the mattress, dried urine around the toilet and mold all along the floor in the bathroom. They also had the wall torn up where it looked like someone threw a party in there and destroyed the room. So I immediately went back downstairs and demanded to speak to a manger. They tried telling me there wasn't a manager or any number I could reach the manager at. I went online and found a number to contact a manager and he came to meet me in the lobby within 20 minutes of me calling.

I explained what happened and asked for a refund for all four nights I paid for. He said okay and told me he'd tell his staff at the desk and that they'd have it ready when I came down to check out because I was not staying in that hotel that night. My husband and I came down to check out and the staff tried arguing with me over giving me my refund.

At that point, I was more than a bit ticked off so I very loudly asked them what kind of hotel they were trying to run and if they thought it was acceptable to let people sleep in bloody rooms with drug needles left all over the place. Up until that point I was polite but that was kind of the final straw. The manager came out of his office and gave me my money and we left. It was the worst hotel and costumer service that I've ever seen anywhere.