aliceinwonderland99
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-02-2015, 03:00 PM

So I am planning a trip this year to the British Isle (England, Ireland and Scotland) and I saw an affable bus tour on a web site Contiki and I have heard that its good from people who have NOT taken tours through Contiki and I was wondering, Have any of you BEEN ON a contiki tour, and if so did you like it?
Was it fun? Did you do the side tours and stuff?
Was it what you expected or different?
Is there anything I should be worried about though contiki?
Did you go by yourself and had to pay extra than advertised?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 01-07-2015, 09:28 PM

i can't help at all except to ask those who can help you =3
jellysundae:, HIM_ROCK:, SuperZombiePotatoe: might can help
have a safe trip, enjoy yourself and bring us back some yummie snacks!

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 01-07-2015, 10:17 PM

I've never heard of them, I have bus trips following me everywhere I go BUS TRIP, and a quick look on some travel review sites have given it a mixed reviews alot of people have said that the tours aren't very good due to staying in budget hotels which can be hit and miss at the best of times.

If you're traveling alone some companies will team you up with someone of the same gender who's of the same sort of age. So if it's not on the website it might be just as well to contact them and ask about their policy for single travelers.

What's Wales done to you for you not to go there ?

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 01-08-2015, 06:53 AM

Yeah, I'm clueless. I've never traveled with them before. Wish I could've helped more. But, I hope you do have a lovely trip whenever you go

aliceinwonderland99
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-10-2015, 08:20 PM

HIM_ROCK: Wales has done nothing to me, it was not included in the bus tour that I saw. Thank you for the advice and tips. I will re-read what the web site says about that and if I cant find what I need I will shoot them a email or call them and ask.

allycat
daddy's kitten

Old 01-26-2015, 02:00 AM

I'm so jealous! I went to England last year and it was amazing! How long are you going for?

aliceinwonderland99
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-27-2015, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allycat View Post
I'm so jealous! I went to England last year and it was amazing! How long are you going for?
I will be gone for 17 days Allycat

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 04-14-2015, 09:36 PM

I visited England in July of 1996 and had a great time there. Though I took no "tour" buses, I did ride on some commuter buses for shits and giggles. As you can imagine, these bus routes didn't take me near all the historical sites, but instead, I got to see what most tourists do not and that interests me as much as visiting museums, landmarks and such.

But I guess the trendy double-decker bus ride boards at the Tower of London. This is the site near where Mary, Queen of Scots was executed and where you can see the Beefeater guards and the ravens that have their wings clipped. Legend has it that England will fall if ravens ever left the Tower of London.

I forget who, but several folks were also imprisoned at The Tower of London. And the Crown Jewels and King's Arms are closeby. When I was there, two long queues formed for either attraction with the Crown Jewels queue being longer.

I was there for three weeks and I wish I could've stayed six months. I hope you have a magnificent trip and feel free to ask me any questions if you have any.