Loony Lynn
*^_^*

Old 05-05-2007, 11:34 PM

I don't think I've seen any topics of the book Bloodline by Kate Cary. I believe that’s the author's name, if it isn't its Cary Kate, which I doubt. But anyway, if there are any topics already on it, please correct me.

I read Bloodline about a month ago. And it's a pretty good vampire book. I can't really relate it to anything because I think that's the only vampire book I've read in a while. I've always wanted to read Twilight and New Moon, but never got the chance to. But they're most likely the next two on my booklist.

Bloodline is about John and his experiences in the trenches that made him have these horrible nightmares when he's in the hospital. While in the trenches, he kept a diary, in which his care taker reads thinking that his memories will somehow help him during his recovery. What she finds disturbs her and it gets worse when John's captain comes to visit while he has a meeting to attend. Both John and Mary (the care taker) don't like the idea, since they have suspicions that he's not entirely human. Lily, John's sister invites the captain to stay at their house, thinking that he isn't a bad guy. All she knew was that he saved John's life. While John is still in the hospital, Mary tries to keep Lily away from captain, but learns that it failed, since Lily and the captain end up wanting to be wed at his castle. The captain and Lily leaves, with a note as a goodbye. John and Mary have no choice but to follow, hoping to save Lily from the horrible monster they think he is.

I hope I didn't reveal too much. If someone thinks I did, I'll cut it shorter somehow. If there are any spelling mistakes, sorry about that. I'm too lazy to check the spelling right now.

There is a sequel. Bloodline Book Two: Reckoning. I haven't had the chance to read it. I haven't been able to go to the library and I don't want to buy it.

I made this topic so people could tell me what they think about it and maybe if there are enough people saying it was good, there will be others that will read this book.