Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 07-18-2010, 08:07 AM

The Grand Royale Ballroom
[imgleft]http://i25.tinypic.com/33utx55.jpg[/imgleft]Welcome to the world of privilege and power, the world of status, wealth and opulence. The Grand Royale Ballroom is for those who enjoy the fashions and politics of our great historical era in the reign of Queen Marie Antoinette and King Louis XVI of France. They welcome you to their home of Versailles, with the splendor of cakes and pastries galore for each and every guest to enjoy!

Rarely have they had the opportunity to open their home to strangers, but they think that it wouldn't hurt to do something for the good of the people once in a while. We wouldn't want a revolution to start, now would we? So they've given you a layout of the rules:

؏ Marguerite Blakeney of La Comédie-Française is your hostess for the duration of the ball.
؏ The King and Queen do not appreciate trolls in the dungeon or anywhere in the palace.
؏ Likewise, they do not appreciate drama unless real performers are on the stage.
؏ For the performers, the King and Queen are your audience. Entertain them, and you will find yourself most welcomely received in their majesties graces.

؏ THE STORY: is completely up to the players and is unscripted. You are thrust onto the stage, either reluctantly or excited to be in the presence of royalty, awaiting your every move.

Code:
The player in this masquerade is (insert username here).
They portray (character name here),
who is a (male/female),
is (number) years of age
and is a (character's role here).

The Actors & Actresses

The player in this masquerade is Marguerite Blakeney.
They portray Clarisse Madison,
who is a female,
is 21 years of age
and is a courtier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostin View Post
The player in this masquerade is Lostin.
They portray Danièle,
who is a female,
is 17 years of age
and is daughter of a doctor (so, the Third Estate.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sho-Shonojo View Post
The player in this masquerade is Sho-Shonojo.
They portray Ansel,
who is a male,
is 24 years of age
and is a chevalier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white2fire View Post
The player in this masquerade is white2fire.
They portray Alice,
who is a female,
is 19 years of age
and is the daughter of the Duke of Venice.

Last edited by Marguerite Blakeney; 07-21-2010 at 08:34 AM..

Lost in Austen
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 07-18-2010, 11:08 AM

The player in this masquerade is Lostin.
They portray Danièle,
who is a female,
is 17 years of age
and is daughter of a doctor (so, the Third Estate.)

I will only participate in RPG's that get more than 3 players, however....
Or else I get stuck and can't think of anything to write!!! lol

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 07-18-2010, 03:56 PM

Well I certainly hope people join!

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 07-19-2010, 07:08 AM

So nobody else is up for it?

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-19-2010, 09:23 PM

The player in this masquerade is Sho-Shonojo.
They portray Ansel,
who is a male,
is 24 years of age
and is a chevalier.

I hope more people come along, this looks like fun.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 07-19-2010, 10:33 PM

((I might as well start something, so I'll be playing Louis & Marie as well as my character.))

(as Marguerite) She greeted the throngs of guests and urged them to enjoy themselves. Unfortunately, as the last guests were shuffled into the room, the trumpets played and one of the male courtiers announced the arrival of the King and Queen of France.

(male courtier) "Madames et messieurs, his majesty, King Louis XVI and her majesty, Queen Marie Antoinette. Please rise." He tapped the floor twice with his cane as doormen opened the doors and the royal couple entered the hall.

Marie Antoinette had a smile on her face, excited to see the festivities going on. The King, on the other hand, kept a serious face, as he was meant to do in his status. They stood in the center of the room and the musicians stopped as the King made a gesture.

"People of France! The Queen and I welcome you to our Grand Royale Ball in the hope that you will enjoy yourselves here at Versailles Palace. We wish you all a wonderful summer here, and please help yourselves to the buffet made specially by our trained chefs," he said.

Marguerite led Their Majesties to their seats front row of the stage, and hurried onto the stage itself when she was ready. "Your Majesties, we are here for your entertainment, so prepare for a dazzling delight of theatrical ability!" Her arms were raised in the air as the curtain ascended to reveal a stunning backdrop of a garden. She motioned to the male courtier to procure some guests that will be acting, and he took the arms of one lady and one lord, pulling them over to the stage.

((This is where you guys start!))

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-19-2010, 10:56 PM

(( So I just want to be sure, but I'm one of the guests pulled onto the stage right?))

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 07-19-2010, 11:04 PM

((Yeah, besides me, you guys are the only ones here ^^;; ))

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-20-2010, 04:04 AM

Ansel allowed himself to be pulled upon the stage by the courtier. He turned away his head from the crowd of watching faces as he felt color rise in his face. Balls were not his strong suit and he much preferred the feel of a blade buckled to his waist rather than the stiff party attire, wrought in a pale blue to match his eyes, that he had donned for the occasion.

He gave a stiff bow to the watching audience and as his face was hidden took the opportunity to curse all of his fellow members of the guard that had made sure he would end up there. As he straightened back up he made sure to put a smile back on his face, though anyone looking close enough would have noticed it was more of a strained grimace than anything. He glanced over to his companions on the stage and hoped to God that one of them would take some lead in this affair.

(I hope that'll do)

white2fire
^_^

Old 07-21-2010, 02:48 AM

The player in this masquerade is white2fire.
They portray Alice,
who is a female,
is 19 years of age
and is the daughter of the Duke of Venice.

((Hope this works))

Last edited by white2fire; 07-21-2010 at 02:51 AM..

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 07-21-2010, 08:34 AM

((OMG Wifey thank you! <3 Since Lostin isn't here, do you want to be the other female pulled on stage?))

The King watched with curiosity as to what the man on stage might do. The knight seemed rather uncomfortable, and Louis understood as well that were he to be on that stage, his expression may very well have been exactly the same as the one he was seeing now. But seeing as this play thing was the actress' idea, he decided to try and enjoy it anyway.

Last edited by Marguerite Blakeney; 07-21-2010 at 08:38 AM..

white2fire
^_^

Old 07-22-2010, 12:28 AM

((Sure. ^_^))

The young girl was enjoying the ball. Alice had always enjoyed these get-togethers of the royals. Chatting with the ladies and getting the recent gossip was the best and easiest way to get current news. She enjoyed the trivial matters of people's hearts the most. All the ups and downs of lover's courtships were the highlight of her seemingly dull life as an aristocrat. Venice was a quiet town compared to the hustle and bustle of France.

As she was enjoying the party, before she knew it, Alice had been pulled onto the stage with another unwary victim. She curtsied politely as the many skirts of her red dress ruffled quietly. After an awkward moment, Alice suddenly and deliberately dropped down in the middle of the stage and cried. It was obviously fake, but the stage was now set for another to join, whether he wanted to or not.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 07-23-2010, 05:25 AM

Marie Antoinette waited patiently. Her facial expression slowly changed from one of excitement to one of impatience. She fidgeted with her skirts, as was typical of the young queen not yet well versed in court acts. The young girl was quite pretty, in the Queen's opinion, though she did not know what to expect from this play. She had a feeling it was spontaneous, herself having done such frivolous actions as a child back in Schonbrunn Palace with her many brothers and sisters.

Little Monster
Legit- imma fire mah lazer beotc...

Old 07-24-2010, 06:30 PM

*Wrong place Sorry!*

Last edited by Little Monster; 07-24-2010 at 10:06 PM..