Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 07-20-2010, 09:39 PM

Seridano couldn't have said it better, She's got a way with words, that girl. Edit: Erp? Well, I thought it was nice, anyway.

Starr. Thank you for sharing. Know that getting that off your chest is a first step to being able to open yourself up to this situation, and move in a direction to where you will be more comfortable being you. I've seen it happen. And you are well adjusted girl. I've picked up on that fact in the short period I've known you. I have no doubt you can do it.

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-20-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seridano View Post
*hugs* Sorry dear. Bad choice of words in places? My ability of explanation and understanding tend to make more trouble rather than less. Forgive me?

I'd simply meant that you'd thrown out the most personal secret thus far, and I hope that it shall encourage others to get things off their chests as well, especially if we seem encouraging.
:lol: It's okay. I just kinda read that and was like "...wait.." *reread* "......uh...>.>"

And thank you mucho, Biggles. ^_^ I'm actually still doubting putting that out there...but whatever. Is done. I'm sure I can, too...it'll just take some time. I gots trust issues..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 07-20-2010, 09:43 PM

In this day in age, most folks seem to have trust issues... or maybe I'm just projecting >.< but still, it certainly does seem that way. There are always far too many people trying to best one another at this or that that they hardly seem reliable. Granted there are some things where, that's simply what you do and it's all in good fun or completely necessary in order to achieve something important, but society seems to push taking it a bit too far.

In fact, one of the saddest truths I've encountered came while running a free hugs campaign in a nearby city. A woman stopped to tell us that we should charge for the hugs and we'd get more people to come by. her reasoning, 'people don't trust things that are free.' They're all waiting for it to be some sort of trap or gimmick.

Last edited by Seridano; 07-20-2010 at 09:47 PM..

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-20-2010, 09:54 PM

Aww! That's just sad. I've kind of learned to love the Free Hugs people. I usually avoid the majority of hugs--I'm not very touchy-feely at all--but I'll give them hugs. :D

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 07-20-2010, 09:56 PM

I was at Connecticon just recently and there were so many people doing free hugs that you had to start avoiding them and just walking by if you didn't want to have to stop every couple of feet and end up missing the panels and events and such. >.< Though it was fun and nice to see so many folks hugging and laughing and just generally enjoying themselves.

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-20-2010, 10:03 PM

Indeed! I'd love to see more people really close here. I went to Katsucon, and I only saw one little girl (probably around 11 or 12?) there with her friend doing free hugs in the back of the Dealer's Room. I gave them both hugs. >.>

It really bothers me with how this area is, too, 'cause it recently got to my brother. He's turned into such a butthead lately. Every time I do something and try to learn knew things, he tries to put me down and tells me how pointless and stupid it all is. He complains about every little thing, while doing absolutely nothing. It's like...I'm so angry at him, but also really worried. He doesn't have any fun anymore, and I don't know what to do. I can't force him to have fun. And I'm leaving for a college 3 states away in September. =/

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 07-20-2010, 10:04 PM

Oi. I hope those hugs were welcome, and not unsolicited. I've heard that people at cons can be a bit overly affectionate. And also that they don't have the best hygiene. But that's just hearsay. I've never been to one myself. I've been in the area where one was taking place though. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves so.

How old is he, Starr?

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-20-2010, 10:11 PM

haha they were fine. XD There're a lot of cool people at cons, and then a lot of...other people. I'm not big on the overly affectionate people--they're usually the super kinky girls that assume every other girl they meet is a lesbian..=/ At least in my short experience.

He's 22...3 years older than me. DX I understand he's had his share of problems...but it's not like I haven't either. We're in the same family. And he just acts like there's nothing that can be done and he's hopeless and the world is hopeless and we're all hopeless.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 07-20-2010, 10:31 PM

Oh gosh. And here I was thinking he would be 13 or 14 with that attitude. Hm. He's still a young person. There's hope he can snap out of it. Perhaps he just needs to find something to inspire him....

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-20-2010, 10:38 PM

ya...that's what we're hoping. I keep trying to push him toward things..anything. I asked him if he wanted to learn to juggle with me, since he's always complaining about how bored he is. But, of course..he thinks it's stupid and pointless. I'm seriously going to demand his attendance at SOMETHING before I leave...

It's just annoying, 'cause we used to get along really well, and he'd always play games with me...even though I totally suck at them and such. Now he's suddenly got this jerkface attitude complete with the "why should you bother?" lectures. When I told him I was learning contact juggling 'cause it was fun, he just gave me this "you've gotta be kidding" look. T_T

Anddd...now I'll be out for a bit. Goin' for a walk with a friend. ^_^

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 07-20-2010, 10:46 PM

Ooh, have fun.
Gosh, I wonder what's gotten into him.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 07-21-2010, 01:01 AM

Do have fun on your walk. And I do wonder why menfolk can randomly be such fickle creatures. *sigh*

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 07-21-2010, 05:30 AM

And they say they don't understand us -eye roll-

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-21-2010, 04:51 PM

gosh...MEN. *huff*

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 07-22-2010, 03:07 AM

I have a confession, deep down inside... I like nerds. :P I don't want that popular man or anything, I just want a nerd or a gamer for a hubby. XD!

But seriously though, my true confession is I wish to move out of my home county and never never return. :O

Edit: Actually, I can't swim. :cry:

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 07-22-2010, 05:30 AM

Oh, I'm with you on the home country thing, Lizzy. Well, I guess I could visit. But damn it, the east (more east than I am, anyway) calling me.

Where you from (for now), girl? If you care to share. I understand if you are too ashamed ;)

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-24-2010, 11:29 PM

haha I'm trying to get away myself. >.> Out of my dad's grasp. He's even joked about hiring someone to keep tabs on me...*scarryyy* Not that I don't love my family...but I don't need them constantly trying to tell me how to think and live. T_T

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 07-25-2010, 01:18 AM

Yeah, my dad seems to be regressing on the protective thing lately. I don't know what to make of it.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 07-25-2010, 01:37 AM

@Cardinal Biggles- I am from Dade County. :S I rather move if I could get the chance. :S Tallahassee seems pretty nice from what I heard, but then again I don't know. :O I meant county, not country. lol County as in a metropolitan area in a sense. :S

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 07-25-2010, 03:18 AM

Ah. Florida. Um, Zany. Yeah, I could see why you might want out.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 07-25-2010, 03:43 AM

This seems like a neat idea. I know that I have helped and been helped by those I talk to over MSN. Though I usually rather help others then share by problems with them. My friends get after me about that. The whole it's not good to keep it all in deal.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 07-25-2010, 07:08 AM

That is the general theory. I think we can all help one another here, and that's always fun and rewarding in its own way.