I take pictures of cosplayers 11 21.57%
I don't like cosplayers 1 1.96%
I would like to start cosplaying 21 41.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

xhogyokux
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-07-2012, 11:15 PM

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to start up a cosplay thread to find other fellow cosplayers on Mene! <3

I'm still fairly new to this site and to the world of cosplaying, but I have a few tricks and outfits up my sleeves. ;)

Please, share your past cosplays, your WIPs (works in progress), and future plans.

Discuss which cons you're attending, favorite photo shoot locations and poses, and anything else you can think of.

Kick back, relax, enjoy, and talk cosplay!

~ Yoku

My cosplays:

Completed and shown - Shia Cafe Uniform - From the series Pita-ten (see attachment)
Completed and shown (but always changing) - Steampunk - Misc. (see attachment)
WIP - Irelia Aviator Outfit - From the game League of Legends (a combination of my steampunk attire + a blue wig + a short trench coat and green pants still needed)
WIP - Mami Tomoe - From Madoka Magica (sized and ordered and just waiting for it to be put together)
Future - Lux Spellthief - From the game League of Legends (I have all the pieces and materials, just none of them are put together)
Future - Chie - From Persona 4 (game + anime) (Nothing has been ordered)

Last edited by xhogyokux; 02-07-2012 at 11:18 PM..

Myst5981

Old 02-08-2012, 01:57 AM

Hi! i might of just missed it but where are you?
But, again hi! I am fairly new to the world of cosplay too. i am corrently working on Matt (mail jeevas)- from deathnote) and plan on doing many more in the future.

xhogyokux
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-08-2012, 02:31 AM

I'm located in the Pacific Northwest, USA. : > So I mainly attend cons in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho. : D

Nice! How far along are you?

Aoiome Sanshi

Old 02-08-2012, 09:31 PM

Hi! ^^
I just love the cosplaying outfits people where! They're full of excitement to me and very pretty too! ^^
I'm actually very new to cosplaying and I have never sewn my own outfits before. 0.o
I'm planning to cosplay this year for Anime North (Canada) for the very first time! >W<
I actually don't know who I'm going to cosplay as but I'm pending on Taiwan (Hetalia), Black Rock Shooter (BRS) and Dead Gold Saw (BRS).

xhogyokux
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-09-2012, 02:27 AM

Hello Aoi! Cosplaying outfits are quite awesome. : D I've never sewn my own either. xD; Most of the time they're made for me, I purchase them, or I put it together via thrift store shopping and accessories. I sometimes make small alterations and make accessories, but nothing big. : >

Oh! Those are all awesome options. : D I love the BRS attire~ <3

Aoiome Sanshi

Old 02-11-2012, 05:39 AM

Yeah, they are awesome! ^w^ You're lucky! I want my cosplays to be made only for me! XD I would buy bits and parts of one single cosplay but I prefer just buying everything together in one package so I don't waist much time.

I know, right?! >W< BRS is awesome but I feel that the outfits it's to revealing to the eyes when cosplaying XD But I really can't thin of any other anime girls that have black hair I know (I have natural black hair and I'm to lazy to buy a wig :P)

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 02-11-2012, 05:49 PM

I love cosplay. It's so much fun, although the only time I've actually done it, was for Halloween one year I went as Winry from Full Metal Alchemist. That was pretty easy, I bought a blonde wig, had a similar bandanna already, already had a pair of light purple coverals from when I was in welding in high school - so well scuffed and dirtied already- and I had a black tube top. Oh I also had a buy a pair of goggles, but it was pretty cheap and simple costume, but everyone loved it and picked up on it immediately.

xhogyokux
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-11-2012, 08:41 PM

Aoi: You have to be willing to spend the money on them though. xD; -i save mine up- And yeah, buying parts and pieces are hard but do-able. : >

Oh there are a LOT of characters that have black hair. : D Yukiko from Persona 4 has long dark hair (first one that came to mind) but there are tons so so you don't always need to buy a wig. : >

Code: Welcome!

Oh wow, that sounds like it'd be perfect. : D Do you have any pictures from it?

Aganab
Butt

Old 02-12-2012, 03:36 AM

I've never cosplayed, but I'm planning to going to an anime convention as Grell from Kuroshitsuji next year. I really want to make it myself, except for the wig, which my mum told me she'll buy for me if I clean up my room (oh, horror). I can't wait!
This year, I might go as someone whose outfit is more, say, normal and who is blond-haired, so I won't need a wig. Any suggestions?

xhogyokux
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-12-2012, 05:45 AM

Agan: Awesome cosplay to work on! : D There are some amazing Grell cosplayers out there. -nods-

Well one of the people I'm planning to cosplay is blonde, actually, a lot of characters are. xD The first one that comes to mind is Chie from Persona 4. Then possibly Mami Tomoe from Madoka Magica (both cosplays I'm working on.)

Aganab
Butt

Old 02-12-2012, 06:24 AM

I just thought up of Maka from Soul Eater. Then I'll be able to get that awesome coat of hers. I really want that coat. Then I'll really only need to sew the skirt and change the buttons on the end of her shirt and I'll be done. I'm not great at sewing so I guess an easy cosplay is a good idea for my first.
I think I'll add Mami from Madoka Magica to my to-cosplay list (yes, I've already started one), even if I didn't actually watch Madoka Magica yet. It's on my to-watch list though (yes, another list).

xhogyokux
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-12-2012, 08:11 PM

Aga: Oh, good point!

(I think we all have long lists like that) xD; Yeah, I'll totally let you know how mine comes out!

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-13-2012, 09:10 AM

I cosplayed for my first time last year when I went to Anime Weekend Atlanta.

The characters were Jill Valentine for Resident Evil 3, Crona from Soul Eater, and Luke fon Fabre from Tales of the Abyss.

Most of the items were pre-bought and edited to suite my needs. The most work was the coat for Luke which was originally a lab coat that I cut up and sewed trimming on. o.o Another hard piece was the sword for Crona which I built out of cardboard and floral foam. That took months to make.

This year I'm hoping to put together a costume of Kotetsu from Tiger & Bunny. The only item I have so far is the hat. XD

xhogyokux
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2012, 06:04 AM

Wow, great cosplays! I'm nervous to make my first cosplay weapon this year. >.<; I haven't started working on it yet either. >.>; -was just planning to make it all out of cardboard and paint-

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-14-2012, 06:17 PM

Thank you! What kind of weapon are you making?

Rukia Kuchiki-
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to Rukia Kuchiki-

Old 02-14-2012, 07:47 PM

My grandma's helping me out with a Soul Eater Stein cosplay right now for the Sakura Con in April :3
All I need to worry about is making that damn screw that goes through his head ;D
Everything is going to be hand made except for the wig~
So excited and my first anime con as well :3

xhogyokux
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-15-2012, 08:04 PM

Sho: Um I'm making giant swords like the ones she's holding - x

Rukia: Nice! You'll be at Sakura con? Cool beans I'll be there as well. : D

My friend made Stein last year and he used cardboard and then one of those noisemakers from Dollar Tree so that when you spun it it clicked. :D

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-16-2012, 04:18 PM

@ Rukia: Stein is always a great character. Good luck on that screw. o.o;

@hogyoku: Whoa, those look they're gonna be hard to make. o.o

Rukia Kuchiki-
*^_^*

Old 02-16-2012, 06:34 PM

@ xhogyokux: Really?! That's awesome :3 Maybe we'll run into each other <3 Who are you cosplaying as?

Oh yeah, I still need to make a trip to the party store to get a spinning noisemaker for that. I already have a circular card board container in which I'm going to put to use!

@ Sho-Shonojo: Haha, the screw should be the hardest part ;D But I'm using youtube to observe step by step ways other people have made it..hope I don't mess it up xD

Last edited by Rukia Kuchiki-; 02-16-2012 at 07:05 PM..

xhogyokux
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-16-2012, 08:32 PM

Sho: Yeah... xD Time to figure out if I'm really an artist!

Rukia: For sure! I'll be cosplaying at Mami Tomoe on Friday (from Madoka Magica - x), Irelia on Saturday, and as Shia from Pita-ten or normal clothes on Sunday.

And yeah, they work great. : D

Rukia Kuchiki-
*^_^*

Old 02-16-2012, 09:24 PM

Aaah, I know none of those characters, nor the anime/manga they originate from, but the characters looks like fun to cosplay! I only have enough money saved up to make one cosplay costume, but next time I'll try and have more than one ;3

Ah, I'll get through it~

I'm rather stoked at the thought of meeting some voice actors : D

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-16-2012, 10:29 PM

@Rukia : That's good that you have videos to help you! It's always nice cosplaying a character that people have done before and that you can learn from.

@ Hogyoku : Moment of truth! How long do you have to get the sword done?

Rukia Kuchiki-
*^_^*

Old 02-16-2012, 11:18 PM

Yeah it is! Youtube is a very nice source for cosplayers! Yeah, there are tons of people that roleplay Stein - not very hard to find places that post step by step ways to make it!

xhogyokux
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-16-2012, 11:19 PM

Rukia: I'm only buying the Mami one. I already own Shia and I'm making my Irelia one. : > Irelia is from a video game as well.

Sho: Til April. xD

Rukia Kuchiki-
*^_^*

Old 02-16-2012, 11:34 PM

Oh neat! I'm thinking next year I might attempt to do something from the anime/manga Fairy Tail or something from Fullmetal Alchemist :3 Is the Sakura Con every year?