Reciter5613
Needing purpose

Old 04-13-2014, 03:29 PM

Sometimes when going though lists of anime there are some that feel like I should like but I don't it's hard to explain really. I think it's.....I like them not too cartoony or....Well the best example is I love the original Fullmetal Alchemist but not Brotherhood. It might be because it too cartoony and not as paced. Also I've been watching Sword art online lately and some people ask why I'm not watching Soul Reapers. Anyway to help me figure out how to explain what I like in anime?

For-Chan Cookie
A Cookie for Fun

Old 04-14-2014, 12:21 AM

It's hard for me to know if you don't know. Is it the art style straight up that's turning you off or other elements, such as plot, characters, voice actors, etc?

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 04-17-2014, 12:35 PM

Reciter5613: What other animes do you like and dislike? I think that might help us out some. And like FCC said, do you like the art more in some? Or the plot? The VAs? Maybe the setting? Maybe you're a fan of the main character? Or you enjoy the side characters? A lot of options so the more we know about your likes/dislikes, the more we can help :)

Reciter5613
Needing purpose

Old 04-18-2014, 03:52 AM

I'm not sure what I'm liking in those animes. ANyway others animes I enjoys was Trigun, Inuyasha and Gurren Lagann. Ones I tried watching but didn't stick were stuff like Bleach and Soul Reaper. I think the differences with those animes could tell what I'm drawn too.

One thing I know is with the style I like a balance of real and cartoony style without overdoing one of them. Also I like it when I can keep track of what's going on in the episode.

Neko-Yoru
Your Friendly Soul and Dream Dev...

Old 05-06-2014, 08:47 PM

I am the same way. Maybe it has to do with them being too popular too. I don't really like/enjoy an anime or manga when it's too mainstream.