diehly
*^_^*

Old 09-10-2007, 10:53 PM

We where talking about this in school not to long ago and everyone said that they never shoot movies in Detroit then I said “But thy do…Eight Mile and the latest and greatest Transformers.” (The final fight scene was in the big D)

So what movies have been shot in your city…or the closet one to you ?

Queen Fool
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Queen Fool

Old 09-11-2007, 01:49 AM

Nothing really, I live in NJ and not much is shot here (excluding the gun type of shooting).

An episode of the Sopranos showed the parkway exit into the next town, though.

And when I was in Punta Cana, I saw my little town (with the name spelled wrong) on Fox 5's NY news...double murder suicide. Every time I leave the state/stay home sick, there's a muder/suicide (or double, as 2 of the 3 have been).

Stephanie
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to Stephanie Send a message via MSN to Stephanie

Old 09-11-2007, 01:53 AM

In the movie 9 Months, with Hugh Grant, there's a scene inside of a store called Talbots. The same Talbots is literally 3 blocks from my house >w<

linkfreak131
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-11-2007, 02:32 AM

I don't know about any movie filmed in my area, but a lot of TV shows have. The show 24 has pretty much 50% of it filmed in my area, so it's kinda fun to see them driving down the 210, and going "Hey, I drive on there every morning." X3

mystic kiwi
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to mystic kiwi

Old 09-11-2007, 02:34 AM

There was also that one movie that was taped at that old train station in Detriot. The Island was taped here too, I think.

Xpressionless

Old 09-11-2007, 07:38 AM

'The Man who Sued God', a movie starring Billy Connelly, was filmed in Bermagui (NSW, Australia), a town about a twenty minute drive from where I live.

Katurine
Web Warrior for GrailKnights

Old 09-11-2007, 08:31 AM

Yeah, you know this film, Avalon, directed by Mamoru Oshii? It's a Japanese/Polish movie and was filmed mostly in my city.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-11-2007, 12:38 PM

Robin William's movie "The Night Listener" was filled pretty close to my house. They had a few scenes shot in a deli that I visit all the time, when I'm out visiting my grandmother.

The ferry scene from "War of the Worlds" was filmed about a half an hour away from me, too. They put out notices everywhere in order to try to get extras, but most people didn't bother. The ones who got involved actually drove hours from across the state to get there.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 09-11-2007, 04:20 PM

Uhm, I'm not actually sure.
The closest major city to me is Saint Louis. I'm sure something's been filmed there, though... I just don't know what.

diehly
*^_^*

Old 09-11-2007, 04:51 PM

@ Queen Fool There was a part of a movie called The Stand based off a Steffen King book taped in New Jersey

neur0mancer
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to neur0mancer Send a message via Yahoo to neur0mancer

Old 09-12-2007, 05:32 PM

When I lived in Portland Maine, there were sections of "Message In a Bottle" being filmed in teh downtown area. :3
And, if I'm not mistaken, parts from "The Punisher" were fimled not too far from me in Tampa, FL. :3

Dearest
Master of Cupcakes

Old 09-12-2007, 06:59 PM

They filmed some of the upcoming film "The Golden Compass" in the city closest to where I live (it was actually the main location, according to IMDB)... It's quite strange, seeing it's a huge Hollywood production with Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig, awaited as the big Christmas movie of the year, coming out in December ^^ (awkward sentence, I know! o_O)

Queen Fool
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Queen Fool

Old 09-13-2007, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehly
@ Queen Fool There was a part of a movie called The Stand based off a Steffen King book taped in New Jersey
Hmmm...really? Do you happen to know what part (I'm from a tourist town that no one knows exists until summer hits...blech).

There's probably a few films made in Atlantic City, which is about 45 minutes from me, now that I think about it.

This is sort of unrelated, but you know that guy that does "Dinner Impossible"? My dad worked for him at Caesar's a long time ago, and my dad said he got fired for making a remark about how bad gay people are, and one of the chefs was gay, so it got him in trouble.

Alegretto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Alegretto Send a message via MSN to Alegretto

Old 09-13-2007, 03:19 PM

My city gets at least a brief appearance in a fair amount of films... especially if the government is involved. The joys of Washington DC.

Though when I lived in Arkansas, at least a few scenes of the movie Slingblade were shot in the town I lived in.

diehly
*^_^*

Old 09-13-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Fool
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehly
Hmmm...really? Do you happen to know what part (I'm from a tourist town that no one knows exists until summer hits...blech).

There's probably a few films made in Atlantic City, which is about 45 minutes from me, now that I think about it.

This is sort of unrelated, but you know that guy that does "Dinner Impossible"? My dad worked for him at Caesar's a long time ago, and my dad said he got fired for making a remark about how bad gay people are, and one of the chefs was gay, so it got him in trouble.
It was filmed right at the border the movie is insanely long but it is within the first couple of hours of the six hour long scarefest I would say they where walking around the border for about a half hour of the movie.

Hucklecat
Dead Account Holder

Old 09-14-2007, 01:35 AM

Parts of the crowd scenes at the football games of Remember the Titans was filmed less than a mile from me. woo hoo.

The Mouse
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-20-2007, 03:51 PM

Well, the movie that was filmed the closest to my house was The Dukes of Hazzard (or at least part of it). I live in Louisiana, about midway between New Orleans and Baton Rouge.

There was another movie filmed in Terrebonne Parish (which is about an hour and a half drive from my house) called The Skeleton Key.

Let's see... All the King's Men was filmed in Donaldsonville (which is also about an hour and a half away from me).

Oh, and some of Fantastic Four was filmed in New Orleans.

I know there are more, but I can't think of them right now.

Caroline
stay gold

Old 09-20-2007, 04:56 PM

• Gosh, I'm sure hundreds of movies and scenes have been filmed here in San Francisco. XD

Uhmmm, Orange County was filmed at the high school I was supposed to go to! Diamond Bar High.