` Nitemare
Spooky Gawth
Send a message via MSN to ` Nitemare Send a message via Yahoo to ` Nitemare

Old 07-26-2007, 02:55 AM

Ever watched a video or movie that you felt overwhelmed with emotions?
Which one(s) was it?
Does it still have the same effect on you now?

Stories.

::Videos/movies for me::
The Crow.
The Fountain.
A animated kiwi video (online vid)
The funny kitty who sings "I love you, your better then Ice Cream" (online vid)

All of these still make me want to cry or have tears of joy.

Question:
I want to send my boyfriend that funny kitty video but I can't find it anywhere, so does anyone know where to find it? =o
I tried searching for it on google but so far nothing.

brittanyyy
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-26-2007, 03:01 AM

I know this sounds really stupid but The Fox and the Hound makes me cry everytime. At the part were she is taking him to the forest to let him go and she is crying thinking about all the memories with him. Its so sad. And then especially when she leaves him there and shes crying. Aww Dx

Asahi Kumoru
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Asahi Kumoru Send a message via MSN to Asahi Kumoru

Old 07-26-2007, 04:24 AM

Ooh, I know which kiwi video you're talking about. That one /is/ really good~

"Pan's Labyrinth" was one of those movies that really overwhelmed me. Really good but /really/ emotionally intense. That's probably the one I've seen most recently.

Another one of my favorite films that's really heavy like that is "Farewell, My Concubine", which I saw in school for a Chinese Cinema class. We read the book, too, and it's not much happier. Although I will say I liked how they did the end in the movie better than in the book, strange as that might sound >>;

And while I'm talking about dramas in foreign languages, you all should see "Good-Bye, Lenin", too. I don't want to say what happens at the end, but I really loved it. It's kind of a comedy, too, though, so it's not the same intensity of emotion as with the two above films.

Boogiepop
Dead Account Holder

Old 07-26-2007, 08:55 PM

-agrees with Asahi- Pan's was quite intense. My sister couldn't finish watching it. Heh, I started to tear up at the end. o.o;;

"Memoirs of a Geisha" did it for me too. Especially the beginning when she's still just a kid. Good movie though. Also, I know it's anime but..."Spirited Away" makes me tear up a little every time. I don't really know why, since I guess it's really not that sad.

Razor Sharp Kisses
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-26-2007, 09:28 PM

There are movies that make me feel really awkward, and I can only watch them every once in a great while.

I would have to agree that The Crow is one of them. I can hardly watch that movie at all, let alone once in a great while. It just makes me sad.

Memoirs of a Geisha is another one that makes me feel odd and somewhat sad.

There's a Japanese film called Dolls, directed by Takeshi Kitano, and I can watch it maybe once every 6 months if not with a longer interval between viewings. There's really not much dialogue in the movie, but it's so emotional and sad that when I'm done watching it, I want to put it away and never see it again for a long time.

Of course, that's not saying these movies are incredibly great. Dolls, for example, is an absolutely gorgeous film, as is Memoirs of a Geisha. I actually find that a lot of Asian films make me sad. The end of House of Flying Daggers makes me want to tear up everytime I watch it.

nayasumei

Old 07-26-2007, 11:17 PM

Click. That movie just gets so sad in the end.

At first it's all funny, so there's just no preparing for the end! D'X

Bippy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-27-2007, 01:32 AM

I know that kiwi movie, it was really sad esp. since I didn't know what was going on until the end.

A movie that gets me crying is "Green Mile" the ending is just so emotionally moving and I just feel for the one prisoner. Another is Pan's Lybrinth which it took literally almost all my emotional control not to start bawling at the end.

April Fool Romance
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-27-2007, 01:51 AM

Okay, this is going to be really gay but every time I see that episode of Pokemon when Ash leaves Pikachu to be with the other Pikachus makes me cry lol

Also, on American Idol, this one old guy auditioned, not to enter but for his wife who died only two days before the audition. It was so sad. He sang her a song and it made me cry. He had a good voice too.

Also on the music video "When You're Gone", the old guy made me cry. It was so sad. Old guys don't make me cry in general, just the stories XD

Memoirs of a Geisha got to me too. Just about any romantic movie makes me cry when it gets to that climactic point where every body hurts or when they realize how much they love eachother XD

Nagahashi_Miharu
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-27-2007, 03:13 AM

I haven't really seen any movies that makes me go emotional. Everytime my parents make me watch a movie, we always end up watching movies for kids from some reason, and none of them really made me excited. I just sit there with a bored expression drinking coke XD Nothing seems to make me emotional much anymore...and I've only cried through dramas.

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Jesmond Send a message via MSN to Jesmond

Old 07-27-2007, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Fool Romance
Okay, this is going to be really gay but every time I see that episode of Pokemon when Ash leaves Pikachu to be with the other Pikachus makes me cry lol

Also, on American Idol, this one old guy auditioned, not to enter but for his wife who died only two days before the audition. It was so sad. He sang her a song and it made me cry. He had a good voice too.

Also on the music video "When You're Gone", the old guy made me cry. It was so sad. Old guys don't make me cry in general, just the stories XD

Memoirs of a Geisha got to me too. Just about any romantic movie makes me cry when it gets to that climactic point where every body hurts or when they realize how much they love eachother XD
Omg. :shock:

When... did that... happen? o______o :cry:

Anyway. >< I can't think of any off the top of my head, but the kiwi video was pretty emotional. ): Shii's Song is pretty sad, too.

Wasn't there already a thread like this...? x__x

April Fool Romance
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-27-2007, 09:30 PM

Oh man, that was a looong time ago. Before they were adding hundreds of new Pokemon.
I'm pretty sure it was in the first season actually. I don't think he even had Charmander yet lol

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Jesmond Send a message via MSN to Jesmond

Old 07-27-2007, 09:52 PM

Wow.
I really... don't... remember that. n.n;

That just means that he doesn't leave him permanently, which is what I thought, so it's all good. <3 [dork]

Jax
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-27-2007, 11:15 PM

Ooohhh, good topic.
Let's see... there's a ton of movies that overwhelms me with emotion, but they're all different you know? xD

Anyhow, there's "Legally Blonde"- it maybe a chic flick/blonde movie, but it always makes me want to strive for the better to be a Lawyer and all. xD

There's "A walk to remember" and "the Notebook" that feels me with romance. <3

The first movie of Harry Potter, which I watched when I was 11 gave me this "magical feeling" that I can't explain, but somehow, motivating and filled me with dreams. <33 But that feeling faded away... u.u

There's a ton, but I can't remember them all. xD

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 07-28-2007, 12:17 AM

• One of the most notable ones I can think of was Pay it Forward. Gosh, the end just shocked me and left me sobbing. That kid did so much for people and it had to end like that...

Also, one of my all time favorites, Forrest Gump, really pulls all sorts of heart strings. I get happy, I get sad, I get devastated, I get excited, and so on.

I remember when I read the fourth Harry Potter book, I didn't cry when Cedric died. It just didn't matter to me. But the way the movie showed the father's reaction to discovering his death, oh my god. Just totally crushed my heart. Now that's good directing and acting...

Also, only one anime film had me resulting to tears - The Grave of the Fireflies. I have never seen a film engage me so emotionally again...

Morien
*^_^*

Old 07-29-2007, 05:26 AM

On Your Mark: This little animated film by Miyazaki and Chage & Asuka that just gets me. It's so incredibly beautiful. You can find it in youtube if you want.

Carnivale: Specifically a few episodes in the end of the second season. Especially the very last one. I have never cried because something is so beautiful, but when Ben was healing everyone in the last episode... that just completely got me. But really, all of the series is hauntingly emotional.

Henry V: Kenneth Branaugh version. His St. Crispin's Day speech brings tears to my eyes every time I see it.

Cyrano de Bergerac: The French one with that one guy whose name I can't spell. Gerard Depardieu or something. Anyway, it was brilliant, romantic, and funny all at once.

Enniel
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-30-2007, 12:33 AM

eragon, at the end when you think saphira is dead. cried my eyes out XD

Teeth
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Teeth

Old 10-09-2007, 02:36 AM

The movie:
A Tale Of Two Sisters

It was so sad, scary, confusing, and warming.
Best movie Ive ever seen!

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 10-09-2007, 03:01 AM

The Potter Puppet Pals make me really giggle--especially the reworked "Bananaphone" (it's so crazy) and "The Mysterious Ticking Noise".

pwny_of_doom
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-09-2007, 06:18 AM

Eraserhead, a movie from producer David Lynch has an overwhelming emotion of hopelessness and regret throughout much of it alongside an emotion of blissful escapism.

I'll try not to spoil the film, but it basically revolves around the protagonist's struggle to cope with the reality that he has impregnated a woman and must marry her. His method of coping is to dwell in an eerie fantasy world.

Wonderful movie.