Mimiroppu
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Mimiroppu

Old 07-15-2012, 09:25 AM

Hello! I never had any idea about the economy here before I took a hiatus, and now I'm even more clueless than ever. I have absolutely no idea how to price my own things, but I think that I would like to open an art shop.

CHIBI [ fairy kei love ]
The chibi is inked by hand and flat-colored with copic markers. I don't plan on using markers much, more likely to ink by hand and flat-color on the computer.

FULL-BODY [ pose of greeting ]
FULL-BODY, COUPLE [ undersea love ]
The full-body normal style ones are inked and colored in Photoshop. It takes extra long to ink this way, unfortunately.

So... about how much do you think I should price these? I'm also willing to do backgrounds and more than two avatars in a picture.

(I do also draw fandom things and pairings -- het, homo, other -- don't really matter to me. I will draw them all, so long as they don't break the ToS.
example
UPPER-BODY, COUPLE [ toonshipping ] )

Tachigami
It's quiet, now.
Send a message via AIM to Tachigami

Old 07-15-2012, 09:56 PM

Mimiroppu:

I usually follow the artist's range of pricing unless it's absolutely ridiculous. However, I suppose I can add my two cents!

That chibi is too adorable! I'd go for 500 to 1k gold for it, since it's so detailed, and colored always adds a couple hundred. I'd go for 300 for lined images.

The full bodies are amazing! No doubt 3000 gold would be more than acceptable. Since it takes more time to ink them, I'd add 1000, and for every extra person in the non-chibi images, I'd price it for 500 to 1k.

If you think about backgrounds, depending on the amount of work that goes into it considering detail and color, it'd probably be acceptable for a grayscale background to be around 500, and a colored one to be 1500.

These, however, are my ideas! I've never owned a store, and I'm just going on what I've seen.

However, if you want to make 6k, throw a PM my way! The full-bodies are astounding, some of the best I've seen around Mene.

Last edited by Tachigami; 07-15-2012 at 10:12 PM..

Mimiroppu
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Mimiroppu

Old 07-15-2012, 11:38 PM

Oh my goodness! I was expecting much lower than that! o_o Thank you so much! So, so much!
I will definitely send a PM your way!

Hadsvich
Maneki Neko Beckons

Penpal

Old 07-20-2012, 07:52 PM

Chibis can definitely go for 500g-1k~
As for those fullbodies, since they're flat colored, no shading, I'd say 1k-2k.
A fully shaded one could be 3k-5k.
As for upper body or waist ups, I'd say 500g for flat colored and 1k for full shading.

I for one would love to buy an upper body couple. Especially of one of my male couples.
> w>

Ana_M
*^_^*

Old 07-22-2012, 03:31 AM

I keep mine so low priced compared to everyone's prices, hahaha~. :"D

Traditional is harder for me to do, haha. That chibi is detailed, too! Wow.
I say go with the ranges that Hadsvich and Tachi put up. They're pretty good and definitely around what I'd pay for your stuff.