Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 03-11-2010, 08:32 PM

The Story:
Set in current times, the darkness has laid dormant long enough and has decided to integrate with the living world. What is the darkness, you say? The darkness is the sum of everything from folklore to supernatural and the beings spoken of are either naughty or nice. The world of darkness has long been separate from the world of light due to the barriers of shadows which humans take for granted. The seal has been broken and the creatures of darkness lurk about in the night. The only thing stopping them from permanently integrating is the power of the sun which forces them back into their world until night comes yet again. Soon, this will change...

How to sign up:
There will be no more signing up for this RP is forever closed.

Last edited by Chickie Nuggs; 07-20-2011 at 07:45 PM..

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 03-11-2010, 08:49 PM

Reserved for Updates
7/20/11:
Wow almost a year to the date since this RP closed down. I am only making this edit to make it official. Nocturnal Enlightenment the RP is closed. However, I still have thoughts running through my brain and I plan to do more with this story one way or the other in the future.

7/28/10:
I'm like...the coolest God ever. I took down the posting limit and am prepared to see where this leads the RP.

7/24/10:
I will be making a brief extension for posting just this once. I will give anyone who has not posted for two weeks three more days to post. With those three days, you can either drop out or continue to post. Technically, according to my rules, I should be doing a mass murder right now, but I won't do that since it is not just one or two people.

7/15/10:
TempusBliss, your character has been added.
Also, I had forgotten to mention this when I created the thread, Nocturnal Enlightening now has an OOC thread! There, we will brainstorm and discuss this RP. :D

5/6/10:
Dragon Jake, your character is now dead due to inactivity.

4/22/10:
Lefane and Captain Crossbones, your characters are now dead and officially removed from the roleplay due to not posting after so long. I'm sure that you guys have your reasons, but the story is progressing and we can't wait on you two any longer. Sorry.

4/4/10:
Due to many occurrences of inactivity (including my own), I've decided to bump the waiting period back up to two weeks. I figured that a week would be good enough, but hey...stuff happens.

3/20/10:
Okay, there has been some inactivity in here already and it is slowing the progress of the story. Due to this, I have reduced the accepted time of inactivity to 1 week. I feel that amount of time is still lenient. If you break this rule, I'm gonna have to strike your character by lightning or w/e. ;P

Last edited by Chickie Nuggs; 07-20-2011 at 07:47 PM..

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 03-11-2010, 08:50 PM

The Players: (so far)

Quote:
Username: Demoscout
Character's name: Isabelle Windbrooke
Character's age: 20 (immortal)
Brief Description: Isabelle is a novice witch who barely gets by. She chooses to live a more social life in her world rather than studying intensively under her superior. Isabelle doesn't go without some knowledge of the dark arts and knows a bit about necromancy and casting curses.

Isabelle tends to dress theatrically due to the influence of her master's sense of fashion. When she sneaks out to have a little fun, she changes into more casual clothing.

She is, by comparison to most in the dark world, more bright in nature, but she longs for the day when the dark world merges with the world of light.

My character looks like:
Quote:
Username: HamletSpamlet
Character's name: Dallas
Character's age: Around 23 when he died
Brief Description: Dallas is a nachzehrer. He doesn't know much about himself, other than the fact that he's rather peckish for a nice helping of rotting flesh. As a person, he spent most of his days in a zombified state anyway, either from the drugs he was taking or from pure lack of willpower. He ultimately killed himself by slicing his own throat. Unfortunately for him, the weakening veil between the Darkness has resurrected him for unknown reasons. Despite this fact, he's rather easygoing, if only a little dimwitted and gullible. His decaying form also makes him very physically awkward.
My character looks like:
Quote:
Username: briannamal
Character's name: Lillith
Character's age: 65 21
Brief Description: Lillith has always prided herself on her looks, but age gets to everyone... well, everyone mortal, anyways. As her skin began to sag and her health began to go, Lillith started her frantic search for a cure to old age; elixers, incantations and so on... until she discovered the darkness. She made a deal with the darkness to be restored to her young, beautiful (and now immortal) form. The only catch is that she now serves the darkness and has to get her nutrition floating around as a disembodied head (entrails included!) sucking blood through a hollow tongue (as is the style of Penanggalans.) Despite her youthful form, Lillith still has the same mind and is thus prone to forgetfulness and references to bad TV shows long forgotten.
My character looks like:
Quote:
Username: Ferin J. Raten
Character's Name: Satsuma Yunohama
Character's Age: 407 years old, only appears 23 years of age.
Brief Description: An all-smiling it with a sadistic streak and a tendency to mess with people's heads in a range of colourful ways, Satsuma is quite a chatterbox and quite a romantic aestheticist whom enjoys eating mortals (and the occasional immortal) whom are dim-witted enough to venture out at night and fall into Satsuma's many traps and/or home. Being quite playful, picky and somewhat cruel and bloodthirsty, Satsuma will often allow victims to try to escape the confines of the underground, Satsuma's home, enjoying the chase of the hunt, siliently stalking them and feeding on the fear and desperation of the victims.

Coming from a place of tradition, especially that of the Edo period, Satsuma despite all her eccentricities, is quite the polite and conservative spider demon despite the status as the so called 'whore spider' (Jorougumo), although occassionally Satsuma will flirt with the victims/prey and kill them in their vulnerable state just to feel the satisfaction of them dying a humiliatingly slow death.
My Character Looks Like:
Quote:
Username: TempusBliss
Character's name: Ionescu (actual name is unknown)
Character's age: Looks to be in her late teens/early twenties. Actual age is unknown.
Brief Description: Not much is known about Ionescu. Some simply refer to her as Ines. She does not tend to stay anywhere long and has many alias. Her speech and mannerisms could come off as archaic and are the only clue to her actual age. When seen, the Ionescu's dress is modest and bandages can be seen from time to time.

In reality, she is a human under the Curse of Ahasver: Ionescu is stuck at the point which the curse was transferred to her from the former host. The curse forces its host to go back to that state whenever injured. It only has two surefire ways for it to be dispelled (neither which she would invoke: One's out of pure concern for the next holder, and the other is out of pure spite).

However, the curse's main highlight is the psychometric ability the host gains. The traces can have various effects on Ines when she touches something: Sometimes it gives her simple emotions, others can give her memories and experiences. How long the item was with someone or how emotional they were when they had it can also amplify this.

Her deep-seated (and very vocal) dislike of Christianity is from the combination of former hosts' memories and years of watching percussion on her religion.

My character looks like:
Click this bar to view the full image.
Quote:
Username: Demoscout
Character's name: Bowen Marxis
Character's age: 245 (was turned when he was 27)

Brief Description: Bowen is a vampire who often frequents the night clubs out of boredom. One night, he encounters Isabelle on the pursuit of the core which maintains the barrier between the Human world of light and the dark world of shadow.

Nothing is known about Bowen's past for he lost his prior memories as a human once he was turned. What is known is that he is very old and is considered an elder as well as being notably stronger than most vampires.

My character looks like:

Last edited by Chickie Nuggs; 08-06-2010 at 07:40 AM..

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 03-11-2010, 08:52 PM

Now Starting!
I now have enough characters to start the story. I'm so excited! xD

Be sure to subscribe to this thread if you are interesting in participating!

Remember..
Applications are always accepted. Just remember to read the rules and send me a PM before joining in with everyone else.

Last edited by Chickie Nuggs; 03-20-2010 at 11:48 PM..

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 03-14-2010, 09:26 AM

It was a dark, foggy, night and Isabelle had been sent out to practice her magic. Anything was better than being couped up in that room all day reading book after book after book. Where she would start would be unknown because she needed to be in certain areas where magic thrives, yet away from the general public. The last thing Isabelle and Madame Iden needed was some unwanted publicity.

As Isabelle was walking down the path of a deserted road, she noticed a grave yard where the fog was heavy. Her charm was glowing which indicated that it was the perfect location to extract mana and perform a spell.

"Finally," Isabelle said, "I can stop walking and see if I actually learned anything."

With no visible entrance due to the fog, Isabelle climbed the medium-sized rocks which were embedded in the moist ground.
When she finally made it to the top, she looked around to see if it was, indeed, as baron as it looked. (and it was)

"Alright then time to take out the old spell book."

Inside Isabelle's messenger bag was an old book which contained passages from the Necronomicon itself. Flipping through the pages, somehow Isabelle received a paper cut.

"Lovely...I wonder if this is supposed to be some kind of sign.." she said as she pinpointed the passage she had been itching to try. It was supposed to raise the dead, temporarily, just to practice her communication with them. With a deep breath, Isabelle let out the words of her passage, "Oh de rajh foumachen eszteht ohrendinai!" Nothing seemed to happen. The spell was supposed to bring instantaneous results, the dead should have been creeping up, but nothing. "OH YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!" Isabelle shouted in a fit of rage. Just when she was going to kick the nearest rock, the ground started rumbling. "Ooo I actually DID do it right!" she said in relief and with a bright smile, but it wasn't a group of undead which rose, but one particular young zombie instead.

Last edited by Chickie Nuggs; 03-14-2010 at 10:06 AM..

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 03-14-2010, 09:50 AM

Darkness. Warm and comforting. A heavy pressure pushed in against him from all sides, but not in a oppressive way; more like an eternal hug, as sappy as that sounded. This was his afterlife; no heavenly gates, no clouds and choirs of angels... just a black cocoon locked away from time itself.

Suddenly, he felt. You aren't supposed to "feel" anything when you're dead. A musty gasp of air forced itself into his lungs, and he suddenly fell into a coughing fit. He smelled rotting wood, wet soil... blood. What was once a peaceful nothingness became too hot, a claustrophobic fear seizing in his throat. 'Up, I have to get up,' he found himself thinking.

Sitting up didn't work, there was barely enough room to bend his knees. Panicking, he started to claw at the soggy surface above him. 'Pine?' He could feel a miriad of splinters stabbing under his skin, but not in the way he remembered it feeling. There was a lack of... pain. It was just that; a feeling. Suddenly his fingers were scraping through something much softer; cool and damp earth. Straining, he finally managed to pull his torso upright. Tucking his legs beneath him, he continued to climb upwards.

After what seemed like hours, he felt a cold emptyiness around his fingertips. 'The surface,' his mind told him, and he smiled despite having a mouth full of dirt. Soon enough, his arms had made it to the top, and then the rest of him followed suit, scrambling upwards with grass and mud and rocks spilling at his wake.

Stumbing to his feet, he looked unsteadily around. His surroundings were foggy... foreign. He felt confused, and also very dirty. Finally his glazed eyes settled on a dark figure standing upon a small pile of bolders. Not knowing what else to do, he started walking towards her, opening his mouth to try and speak. Unfortunately, all that came out was a dusty wheeze. He looked to the figure, his expression distressed, and moaned again.

Last edited by HamletSpamlet; 03-14-2010 at 10:24 AM..

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 03-14-2010, 10:05 AM

Isabelle squinted her eyes and tried to look into the distance despite the fog. The sound of dragging footsteps could be heard, but there was only one figure coming towards her. The plan was to raise at least five bodies, manipulate them any way she deemed fit, and put them back into their eternal rest. Something had changed, though. This body was not standing lifeless, it seemed to have a new life of its own.

"What? This isn't right. He shouldn't be coming to me unless I told him to.." Grasping her book, Isabelle dashed towards the stumbling figure. Because of the fog, she almost ran into the mysterious man, but she managed to hit the breaks in time before running into him. With eyes open out of surprise, Isabelle slowly examined the zombie which appeared before her. "All right corpse, do you have a name?"

Last edited by Chickie Nuggs; 03-14-2010 at 10:09 AM..

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 03-14-2010, 10:23 AM

He stood nervously, clumsily shifting his weight to the other foot. The dark figure was a girl, a lot shorter than she had looked when perched upon those rocks. She was wearing a strange purple outfit, one he didn't remember being common from the time when he wasn't buried in the ground. He chewed his lip, suddenly becoming aware of a gnawing hunger deep in his gut.

'Name?' His mind strained, struggling to focus on much other than his desire to eat. There wasn't a lot he could pull up about his existance before the black void. He remembered downing bottles of medicinal tablets like candy, but not for their intended purpose. He remembered... the sun. Warm, bright, very much unlike this world. He felt a pang of regret, but he couldn't place why. At least he could still feel pain in an emotional sense. Suddenly, it came to him. A word; Dallas. Was that his name? It sounded familiar, comforting. Even if it wasn't, he was going to run with it.

"D..." Suddenly, coughing. He scowled, willing his lips to form something comprenensible. Hs hand briefly fell upon his throat, only to quickly recoil. There was no throat; only a rotting, gaping hole. He felt disgust, and a sudden rush of anger and frustration. Gritting his teeth, he glared at the girl in front of him, not knowing what else to do.

Last edited by HamletSpamlet; 03-14-2010 at 10:27 AM..

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 03-14-2010, 10:46 AM

Isabelle felt a rush of nervousness attack her when she met the stranger's glare. She, soon, began to wonder if he was going to go rogue on her. She knew what he was and what things like him eat. Not taking any chances, Isabelle took a few steps back.

The wind had begun to howl and a mist was emerging from the fog. For the longest time, nothing was said. Not a word. Isabelle dusted off and primmed her jacket and pants before faking her maintained composure. "Well, I'm sure you're hungry and I'm tired, so let's just undo all this madness shall we?" She opened her old book and searched for the proper incantation. With a raised hand, Isabelle chanted "Toah yhntet vah miyah sizah!"

Nothing happened. The figure had stood there struggling to support himself straight up. After a minute of holding her same stance from the enchantment, Isabelle finally let loose and gave a sigh. "It's no use, I can't do it. I'm afraid you're DOoOMED TO WALK THESE SHADOW PLAINS FOREVER!" Isabelle shouted in a comical tone. With the zombie staring at her, not amused, she replied with, "Lighten up, I'm only kidding. I'm sure my superior will know how to send you back to your eternal sleep."

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 03-14-2010, 10:59 AM

Dallas twisted his lips into a snarl, but managed to nod in agreement. Going back into the void was sounding better every minute he spent in his cold, dirty, hungry existance. He shambled closer to her, wanting to reach her superior as soon as possible. It was then he realized he didn't know any more about this stranger clad in purple knew about him. What was her name? Was she to be trusted?

He wanted to verbalize his thoughts to her, but he already knew it was useless to try. Instead, he found himself reaching out and wrapping his filthy fingers around her cloak in an almost childlike gesture of desperation. He pulled lightly, groaning, wanting her to understand his frustration.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-14-2010, 10:59 AM

There was a twinkling of irregular lights gliding along the starless sky that night. It appeared to be a flock of fireflies or a patch of misplaced stars to the uneducated observer, but from the viewpoint of the disembodied head to which they belonged, they were nothing more than intestines. The glowing eyes of the head perused the ground in search of a human on which to feast, her hollow tongue flicking behind her lips. It was getting harder to find fools out at this hour of the night; she hadn't exactly been subtle in her hunt before.

Just as she was about to give up and go hungry for another night, she smelled it: human blood. Tainted with some enchantment and, for some reason, the stench of rotting flesh, but it would have to do. Lillith swooped down towards the source of the smell and found a hiding place behind a tombstone where she could wait for the opportune moment to strike.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 03-14-2010, 11:09 AM

Isabelle noticed Dallas's tugging of her jacket and abruptly stopped to turn around. "Well, what is it? I can tell that you have a hole in your neck but you should still be able to talk clea-" she was cut off by the sneaky suspicion that something was lurking about in the graveyard. Masking her fear, Isabelle yelled out, "Okay come on out whoever you are! I don't take kindly to those who spy on me!" She was unprepared for what was actually hiding within the fog.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-14-2010, 11:17 AM

Well, with such an eager invitation... It wasn't very practical to sneak anyways, when you're as hungry as Lillith was. She launched herself a few feet of the ground to approximately neck-level with the human. "Oh, trust me, I'm not here to spy on you. But I do spy a nice little meal..." Lillith chuckled at her own corny pun, and flew towards the human, unraveling her salivating tongue. The smell of enchantment was much more present than before, but surely an immortal being couldn't be stopped by a mere human.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 03-14-2010, 11:29 AM

...but what Lilith did not know was that Isabelle was no mere human.
While panicking, Isabelle shouted a spell, "Tjaht kazeem", before Lilith could make it to her. Right at the very last second, a seemingly invisible barrier appeared which repelled Lilith into the tomb stone 20 feet away from Isabelle. It was, then, time to go. As much as it grossed her out, Isabelle grabbed Dallas's hand and began to run. "We need to get out of here now!" Lilith was stunned, but she would not be held back for too long.

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 03-14-2010, 11:40 AM

His rotting arm struggled to withstand the pulling and stay attached to his body, and long legs felt stiff and unweildy beneath him, but Dallas managed to fall into step behind Isabelle. His mind was spinning with a mix of fear, uncertainty and another emotion he could not place. Her hand was warm, her skin soft against the dryness of his own. Swallowing a growing lump in what used to be his espohagus, he forced himself to focus on the situation at hand.

He glanced fearfully over his shoulder at the disembodied head. It didn't seem to want to attack him, but if it got to the short girl then he would never be able to return to his grave. Biting his lip, he turned back around and continued to stumble through the fog into the unknown.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-14-2010, 11:41 AM

Lillith rolled along the cold ground, cursing. Not only was she still starving, but now her makeup was getting ruined! After pondering what went wrong and stewing in self hatred for a moment, Lillith tipped herself so she was upright and able to fly. Normally Lillith wouldn't chase her prey too far, but she wouldn't stand for this mortification, so she flew after the retreating figures. This probably meant she wouldn't eat that night, except on the off chance that the figures were headed towards more vulnerable prey, but at least this way she would have some semblance of revenge.

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 03-14-2010, 11:56 AM

Isabelle was panting while she was trying to escape the predator. Not realizing until recently how vulnerable Dallas was, she stopped for a minute to analyze the situation.

"Okay, this isn't working." Isabelle let go of Dallas's arm and raised her hands up to her mouth as if to call for something. "HEY BROOM, WE NEED YOU NOW!" Out of nowhere, a broomstick appeared from out of thin air. The broom was elaborate and ornate at the tip of the handle. It looked like something that would be worth thousands in an antique store. Even the bristles seemed untouched.

Isabelle hopped onto the front half of the broom like it was nothing. The broom stayed floating in mid air and the girl's weight did not alter the broom at all. "C'mon zombie! If we're to get out of here, you need to hop on in back!" Isabelle warned with little time to spare. Reluctantly, the zombie managed to get onto the broom. "Okay, we're going to go fast, so be sure to hang onto anything particularly loose or sensitive!" In a heartbeat, the broom swiftly rose high into the air. "BROOM, TO MADAME IDEN!" And to Iden they went.

{it is almost 5am...i'd say it's my bed time lolzies. Night night!}

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-14-2010, 12:06 PM

A broom. I was outsmarted by a broom. Lillith thought, giving up the chase and resting on the ground in exhaustion. She had been given a clue though: Madame Iden. Had the girl shouted it loud enough, goodness! It was as if she was seeking potential Ted Bundies! Lillith chuckled to herself. You've still got it, you old hag. She picked herself up off of the ground and began to glide back to the rest of her body. Her poor stomach would just have to suffer another day; at least she still had her beauty.

dragonjake
The one true dragon! >:D
Send a message via MSN to dragonjake Send a message via Yahoo to dragonjake

Old 03-14-2010, 12:30 PM

in the mean time in Jake's house, Jake woke with a start and looked around his room a if he sensed someone there, but he couldn't see much as it was dark with only the tiny line of moon light that shone between the gap on the bottom of the curtains, then Jake's mobile went of and Jake nearly fell out of his bed, and his heart was pounding like it wanted to get out.

When he finally got a grip of him self, he pick up the mobile, "hello" he croaked as his neck was sore,then some one said in a deep voice replied "hello Jake" then Jake went as white as a ghost, because the strange thing was that he never told anyone his name, but this person knew it, "how do you know my name" then the man laughed which sent a chill down Jake spine, "I'll be watching" and before Jake could reply the phone hung up.

then Jake jumped out of bed, got his cloak and put it on and ran out the door and slammed it shut, it was a cold night and no-one was around, "just how i like it" he mumbled as he walk down the road and into a graveyard.

Last edited by dragonjake; 03-16-2010 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: spelt words wrong

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 03-14-2010, 09:52 PM

The wind was racing past Isabelle and Dallas. Isabelle's hair was flapping like crazy and Dallas struggles to maintain his structure, but he managed. At the sight of a figure walking towards that same graveyard, Isabelle stopped. "Hey you, down there! I wouldn't go that way if I were you!" Just then Isabelle ordered, "Go broom!" and the two shot off again.

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 03-14-2010, 10:05 PM

The freezing wind tore at Dallas' weakened flesh, drying out his already crusting eyes. He wrapped his arms a little tighter around Isabelle's waist; a fall from this height would... no, how do you kill something that's already dead? Well, at the very least, the plummet and inevitable splatter would prove distressful.

As his guide's sandy brown hair whipped across his face and neck, he found himself thinking of that lone man walking the streets below them. He seemed to be heading in the direction they just took off from; the foggy graveyard. If that floating creature was still chasing them, it would certainly spot him first and go for the easier prey. A sense of guilt overcame him, and his rotting stomach sank.

There was no way for him to verbalize his concerns to Isabelle though. Not that it would have mattered; she didn't seem like the type who would go out of her way to help someone. But then, why was she helping him?

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 03-14-2010, 10:39 PM

{I will be speaking for Madame Iden whenever she has dialogue. I will not make her one of the official cast because I plan on making her appearance brief.}

Within minutes, the two had arrived at Madame Iden's doorstep. The house was large, but not necessarily a mansion. The location of the house was in a part of a forest which hardly anyone disturbed and that proved useful to Iden and Isabelle. The trees enshrouded the house well, but it turned out to seem like more of a decoration than protection.

Primming her pants once more, Isabelle raised her hand in the fashion of knocking. Stopping for a moment, she wondered if the barrier would let the zombie through. "You should wait here. I don't know what would happen if you tried to come in." Isabelle swiftly went into the dark house while the door magically shut behind her.

Isabelle wandered up the spiraling stairway and into the main corridor which Madame Iden usually presides. Iden was a tall woman with red hair that flowed alongside the back of her dress. Her skin was youthful, but incredibly pail due to lack of sunlight. Iden's eyes were like bright emeralds that shimmered at night. "Isabelle, I sense that you have brought back company. It's one thing to bring back a boy, which I would never condone anyways, but a zombie boy. Where has your head been?"

The novice witch looked down at the carpet in embarrassment. It was hard to find the words which she wanted to say, but the only thing that came out was, "Something went wrong." After Iden raised a brow, Isabelle gulped and continued. "I was merely trying to do a standard necromancy on the dead and then send them back, but only one body rose and he could not be controlled. He didn't cause any problems, but he's hungry and I can tell."

There was a moment of silence and the only sound in the room was the crackling of the flames in the fire place. "He did not try to eat you?" Iden asked.

"No, he wasn't rogue at all, but that is what makes this zombie interesting. I've never heard of a case which a zombie doesn't eat the living." Isabelle said in a confused tone. "Oh, will he be able to come into the house?"

Iden, still with a stern look on her face, snapped "No. Go out and tell him to come around into the back area. I shall take a look at him."

"Yes ma'am." Isabelle walked steadily down the stairs and back outside, but the zombie wasn't there anymore. "Oh dear..."

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 03-14-2010, 11:13 PM

Before he'd had a chance to respond, the girl had swiftly disappeared into the dark house. Dallas stood unsteady for a moment, unsure of himself. The forest was vast, the scraggly arms of tree branches closing them off from the rest of the world. Because of this, even the soft light of the moon was scarce, causing his already poor vision to be reduced to a mere couple of feet. Shadows swam around like serpants through the grass, and even though there wasn't much else that could be done to him, Dallas felt very ill at ease.

Shakily, he lowered himself to the moist ground, crossing his legs and slumping over them on his elbows. A dull ache made itself known from his midsection, and he wrapped his arms fruitlessly around his thin stomach. The gnawing hunger continued to plague him, and he glanced around his murky surroundings for something to satisfy. Unfortunately, all he saw was fog, tree bark and inky blackness. Sighing, or rather wheezing, in defeat, he flopped onto his back and closed his eyes.

As his eyes were closed, he felt his other senses heighten, particularly his sense of smell. Something was tickling at his nostrils... the scent of rot. At first he dismissed it as his own rank stench, but soon came to realize it was somehow different. Somehow... appetizing. He sat up, face wrinkling in disgust at the thought. But there was no denying it. Something was dead nearby, and his stomach demanded he eat it.

With no real resolve to deny his instincts, Dallas pulled himself clumsily to his feet, and set off into the maze of trees beyond, sniffing out his meal eagerly.

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 03-14-2010, 11:51 PM

After she had gotten halfway to her body, Lillith smelled it: blood. Yes, it was tainted and not exactly human, but it was somehow more appealing than animal blood... Lillith swerved her head around and began to fly back to the graveyard she had just left. As she got closer, she realized the scent must be from a demon that had fed recently. It would be enough to satiate her hunger for the night at least, if it proved to be less of a fight. She was too shaky and hungry to hide this time, so she would just attack from behind if all went well.

Last edited by ghostPastry; 03-16-2010 at 03:30 AM..

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 03-15-2010, 07:31 AM

Meanwhile...
Isabelle was in a serious predicament. It was bad enough that she had risen some strange new creature of the undead, but now he had wandered off into the woods. "I'm really gonna get it now. I need to find him!" Isabelle said to herself. "Broom, come to me!" The magic broomstick appeared before her willing and ready to lend a ride. As Isabelle hopped onto the broom, she ordered, "C'mon, we need to find that zombie!" and the broom took off. Still at ground level, Isabelle maneuvered through the trees and over bushes in search of the lost zombie.

After 10 minutes of no luck, she halted the broom at an open area where her target was caught eating a dead faun. Also, the tall witch, Iden was standing before him with broom in hand. "Madame, good you found him!" Isabelle said with relief.

Iden looked up at the tired young witch and smiled. "Yes, I did. You should keep a better eye on your friend. He was so hungry, he would have gone mad and maybe even eaten a live person." She looked down at the zombie as he was finishing up his meal. The man was sitting cross-legged and enjoying his meal as if he were a little kid at a buffet. "You need to learn some manners. It would seem as if you are done. I will be heading back to the house. Go with Isabelle and meet me in the back." The lady rose into the air with the help of her ancient broomstick and positioned it to be sat on. The broom, then darted her towards the house.

Feeling a little disgusted at the sight of the chewed up animal, Isabelle had a slight shudder, but eventually hovered towards the satisfied zombie. "Well hop on. We need to get back to the house so we can figure out just what is up with you." Dallas slowly climbed on and the two went back to the house.