Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 05-20-2017, 01:09 PM

Ninja warrior was awesome, but i really like this beast master bit because its made in such a way that males and females can compete on it, and there is always a winner because its based on points, not who completes the course. So it was finally an american version i actually liked. I am a little sad that its only 6 countries that compete right now and hoping they add more in at some point but its only this years first season that exists.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-20-2017, 08:53 PM

ah yeah that's definitely more far cuz it's always been stupid how sexist american ninja warrior was.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 05-21-2017, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
Omg did you hear what the announcers said in beast master. I can't remember the exact line but they basically implied that ninja warrior was stolen from American Ninja warrior?!?!?! Or something like that. I was watching on ran.bit with friends and we were all screaming at the announcer like he was out of his mind xD
those announcers are so stupid -_- ninjas are not an american thing, it's a japanese thing. that doesn't even make any sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings of Writing View Post
we'll probably finish it eventually. right now i'm having that problem where there's so many things i want to rewatch and i'm rewatching none of them.

nope i can't really watch the american versions of those types of shows. the originals are always better. though i don't really watch the original japanese ones either. i mostly enjoy stuff like running man or stuff which is korean and not really like always an obstacle course but still hysterical.
I also like some of the episodes of Dream Team. Mostly the ones with idols doing obstacle courses. or like the one where Leo of VIXX was one and did fencing.
i hear ya on the list of watching/rewatching being long. i was supposed to be doing homeworky type stuffs and all i did yesterday was watch the last season (starting from eipsiode 3 or 4) of the vampire diaries and the whole first season of the breakable kimmy schmidt.

i've never heard of those korean ones and i'm not surprised that you like them i think having ones with idols would be funny, even in america

---------- Post added 05-21-2017 at 12:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Ninja warrior was awesome, but i really like this beast master bit because its made in such a way that males and females can compete on it, and there is always a winner because its based on points, not who completes the course. So it was finally an american version i actually liked. I am a little sad that its only 6 countries that compete right now and hoping they add more in at some point but its only this years first season that exists.
ah yes, i like that too. it was hard, but not so hard it was impossible and the points still allowed for eliminations and i like the bonus point feature too. adds an element of strategy to the game

Quote:
ah yeah that's definitely more far cuz it's always been stupid how sexist american ninja warrior was.
i agree with this. in the original ninja warrior (aka sasuke), some women did compete but very few made it past the first round, i can think of at least 1... which is sad, but yea. so the ninja warrior people made an all female ninja warrior (aka kunoichi) which focused more on women's strengths such as balance, leg strength, and speed. i don't think this was as sexist because while i believe that women can do anything men can do, we are made up a different so it makes sense that our physical limitations and strengths would also be different

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-21-2017, 07:22 PM

yes it is great with the idols and like that's something i wish would happen more in america. is american celebrities to go on these shows and actually just get to be silly. but like. it just doesn't happen. and when those types of shows do get created their absurdly dumb like the celebrity diving competition show or something that tried to get created a few years ago.
Though right now I'm watching my favorite korean variety show again. Crime Scene. Which is like a murder mystery theatre and it is fantastic. and there's a season 3 even though i thought the show had been cancelled.

yeah that doesn't bother me as much but america didn't even try to do that. it's just like tough shit.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 05-21-2017, 07:40 PM

oh that sounds like a lot of fun! i don't really watch a lot of television ON television, i only have access to netflix and my friends hbo now account during game of thrones season lol so i really don't see any of that regular tv stuff or reality television.

there have been some impressive women on the american ninja warrior, and i know because my mom makes sure to tell me because i've bagged on that show so much but america and japan are very culturally different and here it seems more and more appropriate or expected to see women training with men for these things but still there is a stigma around women not being good enough. it's rather odd

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 05-21-2017, 07:55 PM

i mean i don't either. at least not since moving out. we didn't get cable in our apartment, which is why i've been rewatching things.

this is true, but like. i almost feel like it's still very exclusionary. cuz yeah there's these excellent women who have gone on the show but it's still so rare and it's still a men's show. and a men's competition you know.
i'm fine with separate but equal. cuz like. woman can do incredible things that men can't. and both should be celebrated.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-22-2017, 12:32 AM

I like beast master so much i think because its not all "rawr americans!" "Rawr MEN" its all nice and fair <3 makes me happy. also all the terrible video game references. *chokes in annoyance when they said conquering the beast was like playing pac man*

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 05-23-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
i mean i don't either. at least not since moving out. we didn't get cable in our apartment, which is why i've been rewatching things.

this is true, but like. i almost feel like it's still very exclusionary. cuz yeah there's these excellent women who have gone on the show but it's still so rare and it's still a men's show. and a men's competition you know.
i'm fine with separate but equal. cuz like. woman can do incredible things that men can't. and both should be celebrated.
i don't have cable, which is why i end up binge watching netflix

i like that, separate but equal and celebrating both. sometimes it seems like the feminist terms and feelings are more that women are better than men, but than that would make those "feminists" equally as sexist as those men who say that men are better than women. that's a sticky road to go down though lol

Quote:
I like beast master so much i think because its not all "rawr americans!" "Rawr MEN" its all nice and fair <3 makes me happy. also all the terrible video game references. *chokes in annoyance when they said conquering the beast was like playing pac man*
i also like the different country aspect of it, it's like a grittier version of the olympics i must have missed the pac man reference... and i'm happy for that

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 05-24-2017, 08:17 PM

gosh yeah it was terrible, than they said that the one guy who was a champion video game player had an advantage to conquer the beast and i just facepalmed.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 05-27-2017, 04:53 PM

isn't that crazy? that should be something not possible

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-05-2017, 01:12 AM

I mean with the stereotype being fat men that are balding, in their mid 40s and still ave acne like a teenager and don't know how to shower...... I'm rather happy that it has suddenly turned into hey anyone can be gamers stereotype... even if they don't realize that just because we're athletic and pro in games doesn't mean we're not necessarily in real life. but hey, its a step up woot woot!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 06-06-2017, 11:21 AM

yea there are all kinds of stereotypes out there which are so outdated. i guess my mind doesn't go to the delightful image of a man you described above but more someone who doesn't leave their house often and who might be rather pale from lack of sunlight. perhaps they gain the agility and strength from such gaming systems as wii's or kinects lol

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-09-2017, 12:40 AM

yeah that's got to be it :P yay new exercise the nerds games. xD

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 06-13-2017, 12:25 AM

i do love me some just dance. i used to play that a LOT! i don't so much anymore since i live on the second floor. i'm sure my downstairs neighbor wouldn't care, but i still feel bad with stomping my weight around lol

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-15-2017, 10:48 PM

I haven't done any of my dancing exercises since the one lady living below me two tenants ago practically ripped out my throat cause my kids were dancing in the living room at 7 pm at night... on a weekend...

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 06-18-2017, 02:01 AM

oh that's unfortunate :/ i used to have a down stairs neighbor who would bang on the ceiling whenever i would do the workout program insanity. it has lots of jumping around lol

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-21-2017, 12:04 AM

i want to try insanity. But i have cize it from the same people. :3 its dancing!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 06-29-2017, 11:48 PM

i lasted for three weeks doing insanity, it was just very repetitive and i got bored. i was a huge fan of turbo jam though. it was like a sort of mix of cardio type dance movements, weight/resistance training, and other forms like capoeira, which i really liked.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-07-2017, 10:48 AM

wanna mail me the insanity dvds if you're not using them? xD

though i do have cize it i should be able to get something out of that. DANCING!!!!

i have no idea what capoeira is

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 07-07-2017, 11:39 PM

capoeira is like a martial arts form which is almost like dance, it's brazilian i believe but it's a lot of fun. the motions are very fluid; at least the ones i learned :P

and i would totally send you insanity but i borrowed the plan from a friend. she wanted to try to turbo jam and i wanted to try her insanity. we both actually liked the ones we had sooo we switched back :P

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-12-2017, 03:15 AM

xD well yay for that. at least you had one you liked ^^

i'll have to check that out sometime. i like zumba :D

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 07-12-2017, 03:30 AM

i tried that once, it was a zumba-thon. it was fun and for a good cause but i am sooo uncoordinated!

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-08-2017, 11:32 PM

*pops in like six months late*
LINNY!
I want ot show you my tattoo!

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 08-09-2017, 12:22 AM

whoa that's so cool! it is really very you. good choice! did you come up with the design concept yourself?

---------- Post added 08-08-2017 at 05:22 PM ----------

and it's really only been about two and a half months lol ;)

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 08-09-2017, 12:33 AM

thanks! not really. I googled the feminist symbol tattoos and found the basic outline for it, but then i asked the artist to add the colors. I love it, but i'm also very ready for it to be healed fully.

hahah. still far too long. i saw you mentioning you were avoiding homework last night in sprinkles.