DelilahHeart
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to DelilahHeart Send a message via Yahoo to DelilahHeart

Old 06-25-2011, 04:53 AM

Michael stared out at the night sky as he sat on the park bench. He wasn't sure why he was in this neighborhood, it wasn't all that nice after all, just houses lined up methodically on both sides of the road. The night air was cool against his face as he walked down the lane looking for the car he'd been told to stop.

Despite haven fallen he had retained a few of the powers he had once had, though meek in power they were still able to manipulate some things. He stepped in front of the house, still in the middle of the street and glanced at the oncoming car. "Bingo," he said to himself he raised his hands in a horrified gesture.

Anika had been intending to tell him how she felt but was unsure how she was supposed to get the words out. The thoughts had been racing through her head all day and now that she wanted to do it she wasn't sure she could do it. That's when she saw the man standing in the middle of the street. For a brief moment she wasn't sure what to do.

She stopped suddenly and jolted forward, feeling shaken as she got out of the car to see if the man was all right. He'd been standing right where her front bumper was now. He was nowhere in sight. Grumbling she returned to the car and attempted to turn the car back on but it only responded with an attempt and no success. "This can't be happening right now," she whimpered as she looked around at the thick darkness of night.

It took her a few minutes to find his house but by that time she was cold and scared. She knocked on the door lightly. There were lights on inside so she knew that there was at least one person at home.

[[ooc: you pick the age range]]

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 06-30-2011, 10:51 PM

Isaac leaped up from his position by the fireplace. Waving at his friend to stay where she was, he walked from the library trough the living room and into the entry way. It was a large home for a twenty-four year old to own. The young Whyndam had inherited it from his grandparents, because unlike his parents Isaac loved the place. The knock had interrupted an uncomfortable conversation for the young man, and for that he was grateful.

Brushing away stray locks of blond hair, Isaac took a deep breath before opening the door. The young man had to be very careful, there was no telling what might happen. Actually it was a wonder he'd been able to hide his condition from his childhood friend for so long. Seeing the two before him he blinked, and sighed. "Come in, I can see you both need help." Hopefully neither of them would need to stay the night. At least Harmony was used to his strange behavior at night.

Harmony had wanted to speak to Isaac about something very important to her. She'd known the blond since she was twelve, and she was twenty-two now. That was ten years of her life, and not once had Isaac ever tried to explain himself. The strange disappearances, and all the rules he imposed when someone visited him... It all had to stop! That night Harmony was determined she would weasel out the truth in some way or other. Just as she was about to begin the door bell rang and she knew her friend was going to evade her questions again.

Huffing a little, Harmony buried herself in the wingback chair. Flicking on her music she settled down to listen to some Taylor Swift, Paramore and whoever else was on her mp3 player. It was a classical piece, Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. The brunette closed her blue eyes in order to hear only the music. Her mind created stories and dances, wondrous landscapes, to accompany the piece. With such an imagination Harmony could never be bored.

DelilahHeart
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-04-2011, 03:28 PM

The red shiny volvo she'd gotten for graduating from college was still sitting on the street, with nothing actually wrong with it. The wires had gotten lose from Michael's little spell but it wasn't any serious damage. It was enough to stop the car though.

Anika was surprised when he opened the door, she had only guessed whose house it was but was pleasantly surprised. She'd seen him around the town before and had always been curious. The girl he hung out with though, who was that and why was that. It wasn't like she was young anymore, at age twenty-three she thought she'd be over being jealous of couples. "My apologies," she said politely. "My car stopped working and my cell phone is dead... I was wondering if I could borrow a phone."

She shivered slightly as she tried to ignore the man standing behind her. He'd followed her up to the house. She hadn't been aware of it until she'd knocked on the door and he'd chuckled behind her. The modest tank top and skirt weren't exactly great for the weather at this time of year and she knew it. "I'm Michael," the man had said before the door had opened.

((sorry for slow response, I've been spending the past couple of days with my bf))

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-04-2011, 11:31 PM

((O that's fine! I've been getting used to my new job.))

Waving them both inside, Isaac motioned for the man to go into the library. The blond then smiled at Anika. "Follow me, I'll show you where the phone is." True to his word, Isaac proceeded to do so. Up a staircase and into a little study, the young man led her. Everything was opulent and warm in a very welcoming way. In the back of his mind, Isaac tried to remain calm without getting too excited. The hour was approaching far too quickly to his mind, and he would rather not become something fluffly and incredibly annoying.

Harmony's eyes opened slowly, and she sighed. The shuffling about of people had interrupted her deep, calming, music listening. Now things were certainly going to get much noisier, and not in the way she liked. Standing, the young woman stretched with a yawn. Brown hair falling in disarray around her face, she began to move with the music in an attempt to recapture the calm she had lost.

DelilahHeart
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-09-2011, 05:20 AM

Michael nodded to the man and headed over to where he had been gestured to go. When he entered he was only slightly surprised to see a library. He'd heard about this man before and his initial assignment was to release the curse. He grinned slightly as he ruminated over the idea of this forlorn girl and this strangely 'cursed' man coming together at this hour. He'd already rigged the tow trucks so they wouldn't work properly till morning. He stopped suddenly though when he saw the girl dancing in the middle of the room. He hadn't expected this obstacle and he felt frozen for a moment. There was a way that her body moved through the air and how her hair moved also that had struck him. He scowled slightly, looking away and reminding himself of what he was supposed to do. It was no time to admire someone. "Well hello," he said as he regained focus. "I assume that you are married to that young man who answered the door." His voice was slick and words cunning, he knew about them, but only the basics but he wanted to see how many buttons he could press tonight, that was, after all how he had fallen.

Meanwhile Anika hesitantly followed the man who had answered the door. The home was inviting and she soon started to calm down as they reached the room where the phone was. She hesitated before picking the phone up and dialing the number her father had forced her to memorize. She looked at the man while she waited, taking in his features in an absent minded fashion. "Oh hello, I'm looking to get my car towed, it's..." she started saying into the received before she was cut off by the man on the other line. "What do you mean the tow truck has stopped working... you'll get it in the morning... Ah yes, all right I will call back then." She clicked the phone back into place and looked peeved for a moment before she realized what this meant. She'd have to walk home. She swallowed hard before shifting her gaze again. "I've walked further distances before, I can handle walking home..." she muttered to herself.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 07-14-2011, 01:16 AM

Stopping in her tracks, the young woman turned to face this stranger slowly. His words punched a hole trough her heart, making Harmony wince involuntarily. Crossing her arms as she folded herself onto one of the chairs, she regarded him coolly. No matter who this person was, she would not allow this to harm her. Harmony had been working hard to get past the brotherly way Isaac treated her, and would not let a stranger destroy that. "No, you're wrong about that. We're childhood friends." The ice in her demeanor slipped into her voice, making Harmony sound quite cool and unaffected.

Listening intently to this one sided conversation, Isaac couldn't help but smile a little. It had been so long since anyone new found their way to his home. There was something lacking in his life, and bound as he was to that place it was hard to find. Perhaps this unexpected arrival would be able to aid him discovery this missing part. "Please allow me to extend an invitation to spend the night in my home. There are more then enough rooms to accommodate you and the man who was on the doorstep with you." Hearing her muttering words had made him want to help. Isaac couldn't bear to think of anyone walking the streets alone on such a night.

DelilahHeart
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 07-20-2011, 04:23 AM

This was excellent news, he would be able to see any turmoil unfold without much problem. He'd taken to entertaining himself by messing with peoples lives in the more recent days. He felt a twinge of guilt when he saw her wince. He'd known that pain before, the desire to be with someone but not have that love reciprocated or known. "My apologies," he said with a smirk. "I just assumed that you were living with him. My name is Michael by the way, and what is your name?"

Anika knew that she wouldn't be able to walk the distance to her house, she'd been out visiting someone and the driver there had taken a bit of time. She hesitated but then nodded slightly to his offer. "I don't actually know that man," she admitted after a moment. "He just kind of followed me up to your house." She shuddered a moment after remembering how her car had stalled conveniently under a broken street lamp. "What I really need now is a shower though, would you be able to accommodate that? I don't want to be a burden."

((Sorry for the slow response, I had forgotten that you had responded and I had looked at it so I was waiting for a response and then I thought to check to see who had posted last. Too busy for my own good :oops: ))