Aedmourne
The Dawnhammer

Old 07-01-2011, 09:36 PM

I have recently denounced my status as Christian and would like to puruse some other form of religion...I'm looking for something that isn't so bound to such a norrow and "blind" view of the world. I've done some reading on Druidism and Neo-paganism...so far I am interested in Druidism, but I am open to more ideas...if you'd like to share you experiences and ideals...I'm all ears.

PervertPrince
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-08-2011, 12:56 PM

Why do you have to have any religion at all? Why not just become an Atheist and denounce religion altogether?

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 07-08-2011, 03:32 PM

Well PervertPrince, some people like to have something to believe in.
I'm a Spiritualist. I have faith in the tenacity and hunger of the spirit of all living things.

voenne
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-08-2011, 06:21 PM

Being Neo-pagan means that you get to draw all of your beliefs from anywhere you want, be it Buddhism, Pantheism, Taoism... even Christian. You make your path as you go. For me, it's more of a spiritual path, than a religion to follow. I like having that freedom, and no pagan believes the same thing as the next. When you get into Wicca, etc, that's a whole different story. Druidism is a cool path as well, and definitely something you can incorporate.

I sound a little like I'm trying to advertise paganism, but I don't mean to. Just trying to give you a broader perspective on it. It's like a pick-and-choose buffet table. The underlying message is just to be true to yourself, and do not harm others.

It's sort of impossible to just pick a religion that sounds right to you, but also believe 100% of it. Just take a religion as a guideline, and take out of it what makes sense to you and will help you, and what feels right in your heart. Do it for your personal development, not just to "identify" as something.

Last edited by voenne; 07-08-2011 at 06:31 PM..

PervertPrince
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-14-2011, 03:41 PM

When you're an Atheist you believe in something, Codette. You believe in science and evolution, things such as that.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 07-14-2011, 08:23 PM

There's always the eclectic approach. If you want to read up on more things, I'd recommend brushing up on Shintoism. That makes for fascinating reading and pondering. And of course, Atheism has a lot to offer, but it does sound like you are looking for something off a decidedly more spiritual bent.