adella_demona
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-22-2015, 07:46 PM

Do you practice Tarot?
Can you read palms?
What about auras?

Do you identify as a medium or a mystic? Are you a witch?
Do you have anything to do with the "occult" or find it intriguing?
Then you've found the place for you. Welcome

While there may be some individuals involved in discuss that differ in opinions or beliefs, I ask that everyone remain respectful of the beliefs and opinions of others.

Quote:
An harm none, do what ye will

Personally, I am Wiccan. I am an eclectic social solitary practitioner on this path for nearly a year. Lughnassad will mark 1 year of my path, or at least 1 year of my marked interest in Wicca and paganism.

I practice Tarot and I am an empath. Occasionally I have been known to see auras but it is not a gift I am adept at. I also have a garden going and I wish to have a collection of herbs for practice whether it be for spellwork or herbal remedies :)

How about you?

TOPIC IDEAS:

-Paranormal experiences
-Ouiji Boards
-Tarot Cards/Meanings/lore/history
- alternatively I would not be opposed to doing readings for people, but I'm not sure how that would work on here.
-Wicca
-Paganism
-Wiccan Sabbats
-Spirits
-Fortune Telling/Palm Readings
-Stigma associated with Tarot, Wicca, or anything associated with the Occult
-Gardening
-Herbalism
-Dreams
-Premonitions/Spiritual gifts

Last edited by adella_demona; 04-29-2015 at 04:12 PM..

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-22-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adella_demona View Post
Do you practice Tarot?
Can you read palms?
What about auras?

Do you identify as a medium or a mystic? Are you a witch?
Do you have anything to do with the "occult" or find it intriguing?
Then you've found the place for you. Welcome

While there may be some individuals involved in discuss that differ in opinions or beliefs, I ask that everyone remain respectful of the beliefs and opinions of others.

Personally, I am Wiccan. I am an eclectic social solitary practitioner on this path for nearly a year. Lughnassad will mark 1 year of my path, or at least 1 year of my marked interest in Wicca and paganism.

I practice Tarot and I am an empath. Occasionally I have been known to see auras but it is not a gift I am adept at. I also have a garden going and I wish to have a collection of herbs for practice whether it be for spellwork or herbal remedies :)

How about you?
Does it count if I had friends who practiced Tarot and was interested in how the tarot worked? I ask because right now, you sound like said close friend of mine to whom's fate I know not at the moment.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-22-2015, 08:14 PM

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED!

adella_demona
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-22-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerockman View Post
Does it count if I had friends who practiced Tarot and was interested in how the tarot worked? I ask because right now, you sound like said close friend of mine to whom's fate I know not at the moment.

It counts because you're interested :)
Welcome and blessed be!

---------- Post added 04-22-2015 at 03:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amane View Post
I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED!
*tackle glomp*
Hiya :)
How are you, Amane?
Please come in and tell me about yourself.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-22-2015, 08:26 PM

Momma would freak if she knew I was into this stuff. It all seems pretty scary real to me, though.

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-22-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
It counts because you're interested :)
Welcome and blessed be!

---------- Post added 04-22-2015 at 03:23 PM ----------

*tackle glomp*
Hiya :)
How are you, Amane?
Please come in and tell me about yourself.
I get the feeling that either The Tower or The Death would be cards I'd see if I were to ask about this friend of mine. Non-Inverted versions, even. The Tower being the worst case, and The Death being best case, since The Death only deals with change.

adella_demona
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-22-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Momma would freak if she knew I was into this stuff. It all seems pretty scary real to me, though.
My grandmother would freak. But some of my family is involved. Perhaps not as involved as I am, but still involved nonetheless. My brother was the first. I'm older. He moved in with me for a short time and I wanted to be more accommodating to his practices so I researched it and found I believed much of the basic Wiccan beliefs. So I began to research more and practice. As far as I know, he does not currently practice. My dad is wiccan by title only from what I understand. I also have a cousin in Maryland who is a fully "out" Witch :)

So it goes back a ways.

---------- Post added 04-22-2015 at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote:
I get the feeling that either The Tower or The Death would be cards I'd see if I were to ask about this friend of mine. Non-Inverted versions, even. The Tower being the worst case, and The Death being best case, since The Death only deals with change.
Likely. It really depends. And the thing about The Tower is that is deals with sudden change. It might be change that is traumatic or out of the blue, but it does not necessarily indicate chaos or destruction. It really depends on the surrounding cards.

Death does deal with change, yes.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-23-2015, 02:06 PM

I used to think doing legit witchcraft had to mean you were Wiccan, but I was relieved when I found out that wasn't so. "Secular" is such a beautiful word.

bluerockman
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-23-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
My grandmother would freak. But some of my family is involved. Perhaps not as involved as I am, but still involved nonetheless. My brother was the first. I'm older. He moved in with me for a short time and I wanted to be more accommodating to his practices so I researched it and found I believed much of the basic Wiccan beliefs. So I began to research more and practice. As far as I know, he does not currently practice. My dad is wiccan by title only from what I understand. I also have a cousin in Maryland who is a fully "out" Witch :)

So it goes back a ways.

---------- Post added 04-22-2015 at 03:33 PM ----------

Likely. It really depends. And the thing about The Tower is that is deals with sudden change. It might be change that is traumatic or out of the blue, but it does not necessarily indicate chaos or destruction. It really depends on the surrounding cards.

Death does deal with change, yes.
I always thought the Tower dealt with a disastrous happening, like the aforementioned traumatic experience. At least, that's how I always understood it.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-23-2015, 02:18 PM

Hello Kitty tarot cards are all I'll accept.

adella_demona
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-23-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
I always thought the Tower dealt with a disastrous happening, like the aforementioned traumatic experience. At least, that's how I always understood it.
Yes and no. It does deal with "disaster" but when it comes to Tarot, you never want to predict or indicate the 4 D's "Disease, Disaster, Divorce, or Death." Tarot are meant as a kind of compass for action and, while you can do predictions with them, they are really meant to provide insight and advice for direction. The Tower indicates great change. The cards laid around the tower can add detail to what kind of change one can expect. The Tower just speaks to change that has happened quickly, swiftly, and has exacted a very dramatic change on the situation or person. It does not necessarily equate with disaster, although it can allude to such. It just has to be taken into context. Out of context it is just dramatic change. Change is neither good or bad until you start applying characteristics and context.

On the other hand, Death also is a change card, albeit more subtle. It deals with a more natural kind of change and indicates an end to an old way of life and a beginning of a new way of life. Death actually shows up in the readings for pregnant women quite a bit, which is normal considering their life will change soon enough!

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-23-2015, 04:16 PM

One day I hope to know what on Earth all of that is supposed to mean.

adella_demona
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-23-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I used to think doing legit witchcraft had to mean you were Wiccan, but I was relieved when I found out that wasn't so. "Secular" is such a beautiful word.
Not so. Wiccan is a belief system that utilizes said "witchcraft" in practice. Witchcraft in and of itself is a solo scientific art, so to speak. Voodoo, for example. Something I'm not privy to or particularly comfortable with, however, that is just me.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-23-2015, 04:20 PM

Like I said, I found out it wasn't so.

adella_demona
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-23-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
One day I hope to know what on Earth all of that is supposed to mean.
All of what? Tarot?
It's not too hard. Maybe I just have a talent for it, but I've heard other people complain about the difficulty of learning and interpreting Tarot. Many have indicated they prefer runes. I know very little about runes, myself. So I dunno.

Tarot requires lots of practice, study, and critical thinking. I love it.

---------- Post added 04-23-2015 at 11:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Like I said, I found out it wasn't so.

Yep ^_^ I noticed you said such. I was just agreeing.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-23-2015, 04:29 PM

Astrology has gotten me used to interpreting. I'm not good at it, but, well…

adella_demona
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-23-2015, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Astrology has gotten me used to interpreting. I'm not good at it, but, well…
Astrology is what confuses me. lol.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-23-2015, 04:44 PM

What about it? I'm still learning how complex it is, and I can't believe it.

adella_demona
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-23-2015, 04:47 PM

Mostly just how much there is. The math involved, I suppose. It's a whole new topic I would need to devote extra time to. I just now learned about Rising, moon, and sun signs here recently. lol.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-23-2015, 04:56 PM

Oh, ha. I don't know the math. Just the terms~

adella_demona
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-23-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Oh, ha. I don't know the math. Just the terms~
That's probably my issue. It's a whole different list of terms to know! haha.
I think one thing at a time works for me.
I'm thinking about doing a video series about tarot and how to read/interpret tarot. I'm just super self-conscious. Maybe doing the videos will help me learn and also help me feel better about myself.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-23-2015, 05:19 PM

I learn several things at a time because I tend to skip around with my interests.

I would love to do some sort of informational series, but I'm too scared of being wrong.

adella_demona
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-23-2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
I learn several things at a time because I tend to skip around with my interests.

I would love to do some sort of informational series, but I'm too scared of being wrong.
Well being wrong gives me an opportunity to learn. And with something like Tarot there really is that individual element attached that can affect how one uses the cards.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-23-2015, 05:30 PM

Such an open attitude to being wrong. *wipes tear*

adella_demona
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-23-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Such an open attitude to being wrong. *wipes tear*
Well...being right isn't all that and a bag of chips :)