Aeryth
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-20-2010, 07:13 AM

I love discovering new series~ <3 so let's start a recommendation thread! You can ask about a certain genre and if you know a good anime/manga you can recommend it! :)

If you like romantic comedies, you can't go wrong with Special A! It's hilarious, has a lot of super-lovable characters, and gaaaaaah so much romantic tension! It's only like 24 episodes long and all can be found on YouTube in HQ.

A romance that's a bit more serious in nature, and a bit scifi/fantasy in nature would be This Ugly Yet Beautiful World. That's only about 12 episodes long, but I loved it! <3

Durarara!! is an outstanding series if you love complicated and twisting plots, character dynamics and development, and the likes. It has around twenty-something episodes, and gets crazier and crazier as you go!

For some gore/action, you should check out High School of the Dead (zombie outbreak!) and Elfen Lied (genetically mutated humans who can slash things apart with invisible 'arms').

Another series I think is really good and worth checking out is Mythical Detective Loki (comedy/drama with characters based on Norse mythology).

So what animes would you recommend? :)

demonicangel423
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-23-2010, 08:04 PM

shugo chara for people who love supper kinds of people, also tokyo mew mew.

for horror i would reccomend hell girl (jigoku shoujo) there are three seasons of hell girl. hell girl, hell girl futakomori and hell girl season three. seasons two and three you can find online at just about any online anime site.and i would also recomend elfen lied too.

for girls who like girl and girl action. i would recomend strawberry panic. it has two seasons. or maria-sama ga miteru. you can find both of them online. and kiddy grade is a good one too.

for people who like romantic/comedy/scifi anime. i would recomend please teacher (onegai sensei) or please twins (onegai twins) they are really good.

also a good one is my wife is a high school girl. its really funny. you can find it online as well

another super hero female one is mai hime. or mai otome. both very very good

if i think of anymore i will put them on here

Angeline134
Angel Tsukiyomi

Old 10-23-2010, 08:58 PM

I agree with demonic on shugo chara.
For people who love detective type animes you should check out detective academy q and case closed/detective conan.
For people who like action and don't mind the occasional fanservice I would reccomend soul eater.

----------

Also, If your into fantasy and again don't mind some male fan service then check out kaze no stigma.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-25-2010, 07:10 PM

Hmm...so many anime...

For those that love a bit of romance along with some awesome kickass vampires I'd recomend Vampire Knight and the sequel Vampire Knight Guilty. Each has 12 episodes so 24 in total and after that you can read the manga if you want more!

For those that love action, adventure, supernatural spirits and a bit of comedy I'd say Bleach (even if it is VERY long!)

Code Geass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the most completely awesome anime I have ever seen! I am in love with so many of the characters from this series (even if I wanna kill some of the others) But it is just such an awesome anime with so many twists, turns, betrayels and supernatural power! 50 episodes in total (not including any of the specials but haven't seen them) AVOID THE MANGA VERSION AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm...for some supernatrual detective kinda thing I'd recomend Death Note. It's quite psychological as well I'd say and very entertaining!

Narcissus
Taking a hiatus. See my sig for ...

Old 10-26-2010, 06:06 AM

I would definitely have to say:

Death Note
Naruto
Nana
Ghost in the Shell
Eureka 7
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Bunny Drop
Suppli
Witch Hunter Robin
X/1999

Just to name a few! There are so many good ones.

Miss Eevee
♡sweet lolita ~

Old 11-12-2010, 08:02 AM

for anyone like me, who loves a bit of psych-thriller/mecha/guro/dark anime, i'd recommend;

☆ Karas: The Prophecy.
☆ Karas: The Revelation.
☆ Le Chevalier D'Eon.
☆ Bokurano.
☆ Ergo Proxy.
☆ Escaflowne.
☆ Ghost In The Shell.
☆ Perfect Blue.
☆ Kai Doh Maru.
☆ Neon Genesis Evangelion.
☆ Gantz.
☆ Witchblade.