Aeris
Mistress of Materia!

Old 04-11-2007, 10:28 PM

I totally can't believe this isn't here yet. This is one of my favorite anime, and favorite manga of all time. This manga and show are both extremely well put, and I adore it.

The manga is 21 volumes, and it focuses on a a girl named Yukino and her relationship with a boy named Souichirou. Granted, throughout the span of the manga, it goes into other people and relationships as well, going into the pasts of both Yukino and Souichirou.

The anime covers the first 7 volumes of the manga, and since it's made by Gainax (FLCL, Evangelion) it contains some more symbolism and crazy stuff that the manga didn't really use. (popsicle sticks anyone?)

I just adore how they really show the different characters, both the happiness and sadness of relationships of not only lovers, but friends and family.

My favorite character I think is Asapin, or Tsubasa. They are such different and interesting characters, especially Tsubasa (she reminds me of one of my great friends XD)

So what do you think of Kare Kano?

Have you seen the anime/read the manga?
Who's your favorite character?

Anything else. XD <3

*edited cause I suck at teh spellings

Divine Tempest
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-12-2007, 12:04 AM

• I have 4 of the DVDs to the series though 1 is missing.
    I can't find 5 for sell anywhere.
    I need to re-watch the episodes, it's been so long I don't remember much of it.

I know I love the short girl that has a crush on Souichirou.
    I can't really remember the other characters.
    xD

ToriKat
(ó㉨ò)

Old 04-13-2007, 06:56 AM

• I really fell for the anime. It was just a random purchase I picked up in the store, but after watching it, I had a mad hunt to find the rest. I'm about a quarter of a way into reading the manga. It's been years since I read or watched this...but I remember how much I loved it. :D

KirbehIshCute
⊙ω⊙
n/a
Send a message via AIM to KirbehIshCute

Old 04-13-2007, 10:20 PM

I read the manga all the way up to volume 6. I stopped since then. I was wondering if it'd be worth it for me to start again.

Aeris
Mistress of Materia!

Old 04-14-2007, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbehIshCute
I read the manga all the way up to volume 6. I stopped since then. I was wondering if it'd be worth it for me to start again.
It's really worth it, the manga is so excellently done. And you get to see how everything plays out. :3

Julianna
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via MSN to Julianna

Old 04-15-2007, 04:13 PM

• So what do you think of Kare Kano?
    I lovee Kare Kanoo! Its the first manga series that I really loved, and even got my friend to love too. We were obsessed with the manga for the longest time, but now we're getting into other manga series. :]

I've seen some of the first episodes of the anime, they're really good, and the manga, I've read up to Volume 10, I think.

I love all the characters. :D

<3

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 04-26-2007, 12:19 PM

So what do you think of Kare Kano?
I think Kare Kano is great! Its one of my favourite manga and I think its a shame the anime never continued from where it left off. I reckon they did a good job with the anime, stickly fairly closely to the story up to that point.

The manga however, goes soo much more in depth with the characters and their stories its very interesting though it makes me glad my life doesn't have so much drama.

Yes, seen all the anime and have read the manga up to volume 16. I'm lucky, my local library holds a copy of each volume up to 21.

This is a tough question, there's soo many cool characters! My favourite though I guess is Kazuma, always had a things for musical guys, he's cute and he's got a cool personality. 8)

poo.
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to poo.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:53 PM

When I first started reading this manga, I fell in love with it. <3 It was a great series to read. IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT YET, WOMG GOGOGO READ IT NOOOWWWW. DDDD8 STEAL FROM YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU HAVE TO. XDDD;;; (That's what I did. TuT;; SORREH LEILEI, LOL) It's such a touching story and very very funny, lol XD A must read and you'll probably like it if you read it. <333333

Emily Sargent
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 05-24-2007, 05:48 AM

I was able to watch the anime in it's entirety. It's just sad that they didn't show everything there. The manga is harder to come by in my area.

Of all the sidestories that deviate from the Yukino x Arima arc, my favorite would have to be Tsubasa Shibahime's scenario. Coming from a single-parent family myself, I really identify with her lots, but I'm mature enough not to channel my emotions to obsess over someone who has the same situation as me. It was a good thing that Kazuma came along when he did. Even though they're technically siblings now, I guess their lovelove feelings just couldn't be stopped...

...such expectations faded when I found a certain copy of KK by chance (forgot the volume numer, I'll edit this when I remember), featuring a continuance of Tsubasa and Kazuma's situation. With Yin And Yang (the indie band that Kazuma recently joined) enjoying nationwide success, Tsubasa feels that music is taking Kazuma further and further away from her.

*sigh*

I wish I could get the next volume. I never knew what happened when Kazuma ducked out into his bandmate's apartment after pushing Tsubasa away.

Aeris
Mistress of Materia!

Old 05-24-2007, 09:14 AM

I could look it up and tell you, but that would spoil it. Oh lord, I need to reread this manga right now. It's so excellenty good. <3

suppi
sleepyhead

Old 05-25-2007, 02:47 AM

I loved the anime. Never read the manga though. The lovers' chemistry is so adorable. <33 Their personalities are so realistic, and so are there problems. They're like real couple problems which makes it interesting to watch. I loved it so much, but had to stop watching it because it got licensed. ;_;

Emily Sargent
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 05-30-2007, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris
I could look it up and tell you, but that would spoil it. Oh lord, I need to reread this manga right now. It's so excellenty good. <3
You can PM the details to me anytime. Like I said before the manga is practically impossible to get in my area, and any and all info would be appreciated. It's been two years since I bought that issue at an anime convention, and I've tried for ages to find the continuation, but failed miserably.

aphrodite remix
I am not an adventurer by choice...
Send a message via MSN to aphrodite remix

Old 05-30-2007, 07:13 PM

I loved the manga, and how it had the side stories for each one in their group of friends. I am a little dissapointed that they don't have much in the way of anime, but it was still a great manga.

I couldn't believe the ending though >< I dont' want to ruin it for anyone, but it was deffinatley up there in story lines, and for some reason it really makes me think of marmalade boy, even though I know its almost completely different.

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Jesmond Send a message via MSN to Jesmond

Old 05-30-2007, 11:32 PM

The manga used to be my favorite, it's what introduced me to the series. It's been very repetitive recently, though. Like... after the sixteenth volume, everything's been... the same. I don't know.
I saw the series when I was on the tenth volume... I don't like it that much. I much prefer the manga.

Tsukasa, Kazuma, Hideaki, and Maho are my favorite characters. x3 I used to love Arima, but he's annoyed me too much recently. Reiji's cool, too. Oooh, and Maho's boyfriend... Takeshi? Takashi? Something like that. Anyway, I like him too. :3

aphrodite: I have yet to read the end. o__o Now I'm curious though. [loves Marmalade Boy >__>;]

Vii
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Vii

Old 10-24-2007, 10:30 PM

A very cute series, though I didn't like the anime. WAY to many flash backs, It just bothered me so much and as for the manga, it's really good. I didn't finidh it yet, I'm only volume 5-6?

Cindy bear
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 10-29-2007, 12:08 AM

The anime was.... very messed up. I mean, I loved the first couple of episodes but how it ended.. was terrible. There were too many flashbacks and some useless scenes that I feel shouldn't be in the anime at all.

Although the anime was *cough* terrible, I started to read the manga. I gotta say, Manga is soo much better! I love it completely! I haven't finished the series though since I'm so packed with stuff in real life but hopefully, I would be able to finish reading it

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 11-02-2007, 12:35 PM

I just finished this series recently and I must admit, the ending surprised me...not that it was bad or anything. ^^

BettyBeat
(^._.^)ノ

Old 11-18-2007, 02:14 PM

Kare Kano is my favorite manga. The local library has it, and I picked it up for no apparent reason.

I became hooked.

The plot is very intricate, and I like the artwork. A month ago or so, I read the entire series in one shot. It was satisfying. x3

I would be interested in buying this, but there are so many volumes @_@!

The Anime is pretty good. I haven't seen it all, but I like what I have seen. (Except for the episodes that are nothing but re-caps. D:)

Overall, I want to read more of Masami Tsuda's stuff, but I don't think any of it is translated. :/

Heiyuu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-19-2007, 04:20 PM

My friends Emily and Natasha made me read the first two volumes back when they were the only two volumes available in English. Then, I started getting into it on my own. Someday I aspire to write Kare Kano fanfiction, perhaps exploring Asaba as a person, and maybe playing with his sexuality. There's something to be said, there. I've not seen the anime, yet. I don't know if I will. We'll see.

Dark Evangel
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Evangel

Old 11-20-2007, 09:56 AM

I haven't read the manga as yet, but I've enjoyed the first 10 episodes or so of this show. I've been having a hard time getting them at a reasonable price, though, so it will be some time before I finish it. But I enjoy how two equally pretentious people warm up to each other and show more of themselves as the series goes on, with plenty of humour, such as Yukino accidentally kicking Harima in the face at the end of the first episode. A real classic, and I greatly recommend it :D

Garnet Phoenix
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-23-2007, 10:30 PM

The manga I have yet to read, but I saw the anime in English and I thought it was FANTASTIC! I loved Yukino in the show, she was so hilarious. Along with Tsubasa, SHE'S SOOO CUTE!!! xD

tentenpuff
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to tentenpuff Send a message via Yahoo to tentenpuff

Old 12-15-2007, 12:22 AM

I've read volumes 1-13...
I love it!! X3

I heard about it, then told a friend, who went out and bought it and loved it too, so she bought 1-14...and 21.
She couldn't find 15-20...^^;;
I need to ask her for the 14th...

I've heard that the anime was terrible. ^^; Even so, I wouldn't know where to get my hands on it, so...
=P

My favorite character...probably Maho. I don't know why, but I feel some sort of connection with her; no clue why or how or...yeah.
Tsubasa reminds me of one of my friends...
Except my friend isn't crazy about food all the time...even though she does make really good brownies...
-coughanyway-

I think Kare Kano's awesome from what I've read so far...
It feels weird, though, because most manga today are so modern, with the art and fashion, etc, etc...
And Kare Kano was made in 1997? Sometime in that range?

The only volume I didn't like was 13...
It was basically a summary of what happened in the last 12 books...
-got kind of bored reading it...-
^^;;

BettyBeat
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-15-2007, 05:09 PM

I haven't seen the entire anime - only the first couple of episodes. What I had seen was funny. It was good from an entertainment standpoint, but it wasn't so great compared to the mangas. :]

I saw it in English, and it is one of the only dubs that I like. (FLCL being the other. x])

fiarra
seeking proof on the roof
Send a message via AIM to fiarra Send a message via MSN to fiarra

Old 12-19-2007, 07:50 PM

YUKINO MIYAZAWA IS THE QUEEN OF VANITY!! :? The anime wouldn't let up on that.

I haven't read the manga but I watched the entirety of the anime and didn't care for it. At first it was really interesting and fun, but it just ran out of stream by the end and didn't even resolve anything. It's like halfway through the production company just gave up.

oHsoDemandinG
Cha-cha-cha.....Charmin!!

Old 12-28-2007, 11:46 PM

I only saw about 4-5 episodes but I liked it. But I started pretty late so really don't know what going on the show.