Shiverpass
"Wear your heart on your cheek."

Old 02-11-2013, 02:30 AM

Before you read further, please note that I won't tolerate anyone being mean to me for knowing so little and asking so much for something as such down below.

I'm currently about to start a Harry Potter fanfiction (I know that if I want to start a fanfiction, I should be VERY educated in the Harry Potter Wizarding World, movies, and books etc) but I'm desperate. After watching The Chamber of Secrets and reading some fanfiction, I've come up with this great idea that I can't stop myself from writing.

I wanted to write a Slytherin romance. Only here's the catch, it's between two outcasts. Tom Riddle and some random OFC. (Yes, I'm aware that Tom Riddle would be too much consumed with evil he wouldn't have room, or the heart, to love etc...) Other details about the plot I won't be say (yet)

Here's what I need help with. I need a lot of help on info about Tom Riddle.
  • What year would it be if he was in his 7th year? (He graduated from Hogwarts right...?)
  • Just how much would Tom be filled with evil/malice/etc by his 7th year? Just curious.
  • List of professors teaching at the time, please!
  • I can't seem to remember if there were any threats during the time since Tom Riddle wasn't "Voldemort" yet. I don't think there was, am I right?

Please and thank you.
-Shiver

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 02-11-2013, 04:22 AM

I don't know enough for this, but I'm gunna put a link to it in the Harry Potter hangout, to see if anyone there can help.

Shiverpass

Old 02-11-2013, 04:31 AM

Thank you! That would be much appreciated!

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 02-11-2013, 05:10 AM

All good. The hangout had gone to sleep a little, but hopefully someone has it subscribed and will see the question.

zigbigadorlube
[-_-]~

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-12-2013, 12:02 AM

As for the professors I know there was McGonagle and Slughorn at least. There was also most likely professor Kettleburn who was the care of magical creatures prof before he retired.

---------- Post added 02-11-2013 at 07:04 PM ----------

Also I believe he started making the horcruxes around his 7th year so he's getting pretty evil at that point I would think though he always keeps that sugary sweet talk personality I believe.

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-15-2013, 07:52 PM

I believe that as long as he is still Tom Riddle, he still has some shred of compassion/humanity in him. However, yes -- he is gettin' pretty dark by the 7th year as he makes horcruxes. But I'm sure he'd be more than capable of being in a relationship, whether he actually cared for the person or not. He always had a notable charisma about him, and the professors liked him including Dumbledore who treated him much the same way he treated Harry through his school year.

Not sure about the years he was there, though. Or the teachers, much.

Shiverpass

Old 02-19-2013, 06:19 AM

Thank you kindly guys! That's definitely helped me a lot!!!

HoneyButterbaby
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-24-2013, 10:40 AM

glad to see you got the help you needed. It's fun to read stories based on the older generation in harry potter

StarDustDreamer
Bathed in Beautiful cinders!

Old 02-18-2014, 03:07 AM

I know Professor Dippet was Headmaster of Hogwarts at the time, and Dumbledore was the Transfiguration teacher.

RoadToGallifrey
When life gives you melons, make...
Penpal

Old 02-21-2014, 02:43 AM

It's important to note that he was born through the influence of love potion, so he doesn't actually have the capacity to truly love (that's how the idea that Lily's love saved Harry's life the night in Godrick's Hollow seemed so absurd to him).

However, Tom Riddle was born approximately in 1926, so if it would be around 1943/44 that he was in 7th year. While he was in Hogwarts he was asking about information in making horcruxes so by that point in time he was already a deeply dark and disturbed individual. He hadn't made the complete transformation though so his true evil at that point was probably a ramped down a lot compared to his Voldemort days. As for professors I'm not 100% on this. I know that Slughorn was the potions teacher, Dumbledore was Transfiguration and I'm sure that Dippet was the headmaster. For guesswork I'd say that Professor Binns (History of Magic) was probably teaching at that point as he remained on as a ghost when Harry was in school so he'd obviously worked there for quite some time.